The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-04, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-04 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

Lesbian Idols Journal – Week Eight (Big Band)

In reverse order…

5. Diana DeGarmo

In terms of (manufactured) performance and (slightly robotic) spunk, Di can do no wrong. In terms of clothes poor little girl never seems to do any right. Her silky purple satin nightgown was lovely, and would have been perfect on someone longer and/or thinner… but the cut-off-just-below-the-knees dress made her look short to the point of stunted, and that silver strip of material (which functioned as a belt) located just above her puppy fat belly… well it turned eveningwear into maternity wear. I’ll spell it out for you Diana fans – she sang great, but looked like a mildly pregnant hobbit (with store-bought blond extensions) throughout both her songs. Female, talented though she is, has got to start learning how to pick clothes that will actually look good on her (and not just on the clothes-rack) if she wants to win this thing.

4. Jasmine Trias

When Jasmine first appeared onstage to sing The way you look tonight I was like: what the crap is Miss Under-18 wearing? A pair of jeans and a lime-green blouse that looks like it was stolen from Camile Velasco – and on Big Band night! The inappropriate casual-ness of it all was completed with her hair in a simple ponytail held together by a plastic flower (ew), and little chain-link belt thingies strung all over her too-boring-to-be-trendy but not-boring-enough-to-be-butch pair of jeans. I’m sure she meant to be brave in dressing non-fancy on a fancy night, but it just didn’t work, and her unremarkable vocals didn’t help any... looking and sounding blah at the same time, like the way you did this week Jazzy, is simply unacceptable.

3. George Huff

I really, really, really, really expected much more of George this week. The Big Band theme could have offered him a wide range of material for him to show off his vocal range and versatility, while Big Band week is arguably one of the few times where male finalists have the rarely-given opportunity to out-dress their female counterparts. But George chose to perform what were possibly two of the most boring big-band songs out there, and he chose to perform them in one of the most blah-looking black suits I have ever seen. The polka-dotted tie couldn’t save the outfit from looking, at best, funereal; just as George’s attempts to sound spirited – as he plowed his way through (eugh) Cheek to Cheek and (yuck) What a Wonderful World – couldn’t save him from elimination.

2. Fantasia Barrino

We’ve come to expect inventiveness and originality and a lesbian kinda chic from Fantasia – and this week female did not disappoint. She wore a sexy black vest which showed off her shoulders and hinted at her boobs while allowing her lots of free movement in her upper body during her energetic re-working of a Queen song; and fitted black pants that combined with her top to look funky when she moved around (during Crazy Little Thing Called Love), and classy when she sat down to do her subdued, elegant rendition of What are you doing the rest of your life. Her white heels were perfect as well – the only problem I had was that the golden-bronze choker she wore around her neck did not match the silver bracelet she had on her right hand. Otherwise… I love you Fantasia, I love your bare-footed craziness and your silly bo-bo dance and your ability to move people to tears at the most unexpected of moments. You’re probably not going to win because Diana DeGarmo’s fans phone-vote for two hours non-stop every week; but don’t let that stop you from achieving the greatness you deserve.

1. La Toya London

Now if you’ve ever watched the idols lined up side by side closely, you’ll notice that La Toya and Jasmine are almost exactly the same height, while Diana is a little taller than both of them. How is it then Jasmine almost always gives off “demure/petite” vibes (which is probably what she wants to give off anyway), Diana can only manage to pull off “squat”, while La Toya is always, always an imposing stage presence, and can even, like in this week’s Fashionable-Dyke performance, sometimes manage to look “statuesque”? I suppose shape has a little something to do with it, but it’s most likely because La Toya knows exactly what clothes, what colours, what cuts, what accessories, what make-up, what hair, what shoes will go with what performance to give off what effect, week after week. For Big Band Night, woman wore an orange costume that emphasized her beautiful skin-tone, the ever-present chandelier earrings worked well in conjunction with her hair, which was gelled to conform exactly to the curvature of her skull (without those earrings her head with that hairstyle might’ve looked disturbingly egg-shaped), the length of her skirt was cut just above the knees so it was modest yet sexy and allowed her to move like the practiced, polished, stage performer she has always been. If I sound a little disinterested and unmoved by her efforts it’s because I am – La Toya’s stage perfection, week after week, can really dry up one’s appetite for her after a while. But there’s no denying her costume + performance was top-notch this week – let’s hope she can somehow magically up the ante and excite the audience all over again come Disco night.

The Sum Of All Fashions

Fantasia Barrino (1+2+2=5)
Diana DeGarmo (6+6+5=17)
La Toya London (4+3+1=8)
Jasmine Trias (3+1+4=8)

The dearly departed

Jennifer Hudson (2)
George Huff (7+5+3=15)
John Stevens (5+4=9)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... britneyfan04 05-09-04 1
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... JOSHIDOL 05-10-04 11
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... strid333 05-09-04 2
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... sodiumswirl 05-09-04 3
       RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... strid333 05-09-04 4
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... shedevil 05-09-04 5
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... JOSHIDOL 05-10-04 6
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... shedevil 05-10-04 7
       RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... JOSHIDOL 05-10-04 8
           RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... VirginiaIsForMe 05-11-04 15
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... minkey 05-10-04 9
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... JOSHIDOL 05-10-04 10
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... TODDLJ 05-10-04 12
   RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... sodiumswirl 05-11-04 14
 RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Ban... qwertypie 05-11-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

britneyfan04 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail britneyfan04 Click to send private message to britneyfan04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Diana does need to find new clothes.For better or worse unlike avril to britney or Hilary to cristina. They all have there own style.She needs to find something like that and stick with it.She has already brout out her her soul. As simon said on the fouth week.She needs to pick out her own style.She needs to stop listening to outher people and pick her own stlye

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-10-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Her Mother chooses her outfits every week. The stylist said she is the typical Beauty pageant Mother...

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-09-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Don't you just love the FTR that Simon had about Diana's clothing selection? I think it was pretty obvious that she had no help.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

05-09-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
What does FTR mean?

More importantly, what does RMNW! actually stand for?

I'm so clueless...
I am sodiumswirl.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-09-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
FTR for the record

and RMNW! Robfadda must not win! We'll see tonight if my wish is met. I don't like Rob and started a hate club in the Survivor Bashers forum a while back.

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
The only Idols with any fashion sense last week were George and Fantasia.

Diana: right outfit, wrong body

05-10-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
I think George looked great for Big Band week and as for the reference to his songs, heard an interview over the weekend that said George was suppose to sing "Unforgettable" and a Frank Sinatra song which the producers made him change.
So now lets face it, you are not going to tell me that this show already has its winner picked from the start and thats how they base things around them???

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-10-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Did they say why they changed his song choices? I thought I read somewhere that the producers didn't interfere with the song selections anymore?

05-10-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
George himself said it on his interview with TV Guide or one of those shows. He said the producers changed it last Friday becasue they did not think they were good fits. He was going to do "Unforgettable" and "Minnie the Moocher".
Plus this woman Donna who is an entertainment reporter from syracuse New York confirmed they changed his songs.
Now lets face it, producers changing songs??? I guess that is part of the end that says they can change rules and procedures without notice.
The woman also said supposedly there was only a 200 vote difference between George and Jasmine and the producers held a behind closed door meeting over this.
Ryan Seacrest never mentioned a word about the closeness Wednesday like he did with John Stevens the week before.
They totalled something like 2 million less votes this past week.
She also seems to think that since everyone is figuring Latoya to win they are trying to promote Diana fast. I guess to keep viewers. Their commercial now says, if you think you know the winner, don't count on it.
This show is so fixed, I am convinced now. However the contestants cannot talk because they face monetary damages and I guess a career on the line.

VirginiaIsForMe 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VirginiaIsForMe Click to send private message to VirginiaIsForMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
that's just crazy, those songs aren't good fits, but fantaZia decides to sing a queen song and a barbara streisand song, makes perfect sense to me.....

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
I really enjoyed your fresh interpretation of the show! Please continue!

Mink

05-10-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Thanks, will continue when I get more info...

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
I made sure not to read your column until mine was complete, I didn't want it to influence my opinions, and I found that we agreed nearly 100% on everything this week!

Clearly, you have exquisite taste.

05-11-04, 05:35 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Hehe...thanks.

Although the casual reader can tell I know next to nothing about fashion and can usually only guess e.g. Fantasia's black "vest" is actually a halter-top. What's a halter-top? Even more importantly, what's a halter? Also have no idea what a "camisole" or "bustier" is...

So much to learn, so little time.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-04, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lesbian Idols Journal - Big Band Week"
Mildly pregnant hobbit BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
BTW, since I missed this (time zone kerfuffle) can anyone point me to a picture of Diana's outfit? The idol sites I visited were at least 2 weeks behind.
Love and warm fuzzies to y'all
La Vida es un Tango!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •