The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nick gone tomorrow"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ana128 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ana128 Click to send private message to ana128 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nick gone tomorrow"
Hi!

I'm still new on this board so bare with me. Just wondering if anyone has heard the rumor of Nick getting food poisoning and having to leave? Since he said he was sick last week during the challenge I was wondering if the rumor could be true?

Whatcha think?

Thanks!
ana

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Food poisoning rumor AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 1
   RE: Food poisoning rumor ACPS65 03-13-01 2
   RC /EP8 : Tina's Phone Call Krautboy 03-13-01 3
       "Hot dog roast" picture AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 4
   RE: Food poisoning rumor SurvivinDawg 03-13-01 5
   RE: Food poisoning rumor Kokoro 03-13-01 6
   RE: Food poisoning rumor ana128 03-14-01 8
       RE: Food poisoning rumor Krautboy 03-14-01 9
 RE: Nick gone tomorrow kuchakor 03-13-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Food poisoning rumor"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-01 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

Glad to have you here, ana. You raise an interesting point. There was indeed a story that ONE OF the contestants had to leave the game with food poisoning (which s/he thought was appendicitis or some other critical problem). And, darn it, ana, I remember the date of the story -- November 19, 2000. Day 3 of E8 ends on November 15, 2000? In other words, the "illness" either happens now or (most probably) doesn't happen at all (since the spoiler says the person is recovering well).

Here is the report, based on a usenet post, so it has zero reliability and appears to be garbage -- but I'll reprint it anyway:

http://www.creditdiva.com/survivor/booted.html

"11/19/00 - This news was reported on usenet but the official source is apparently from a journalist on location. A Survivor was booted early because of illness. After a few days of being sick with high fever and pain a contestant feared appendicitis. Knowing the team had TC the same night because they lost the immunity challenge, the contestant asked to be the one voted off. There was an agreement for this person to leave immediately (before TC). The good news is it wasn't appendicitis. After receiving medical attention the diagnostic was a bad case of food poisoning from something the Survivor ate. The person is said to be recovering well. The sex or name wasn't released. The way the new castaways will enter The Outback is apparently with hot air balloons. The first idea was to parachute them but they concluded it was too dangerous for unexperienced people to jump alone. To do this the contestants would need to be trained with instructors and do many "2 men jumps" until they are ready for the big jump alone. It would take too much time so they decided to use the hot air balloons idea instead. 4 big hot air balloons were used with 4 Survivors in each. 2 balloons went in one direction and 2 in another direction. They all landed where their respective tribes are located. We also learned the contact sport (not in an homosexual way that's fer sure!) in S2 will be fencing. "

The rest of the post is mostly BS: although parachute jumps were not used for the reason stated, neither were hot air balloons (and this story was written more than three weeks after the competition started), and there won't be any fencing. And this would have to take place AFTER the TEAMS are done with immunity challenges.

The only reason I don't dismiss this out of hand is that I wonder ... what does this refer to on CBS' Web teaser:

"Why aren't the losers of the reward challenge bummed out?"

Well, I had been thinking that all these single people were OK with Tina getting a chance to talk to her kids (if that's the reward). BUT, what if it refers to the fact that the winner of the RC got food poisoning?

All in all, I give this no credibility ... but who knows; it's so hard to tell!

Edited to add: ana, please talk to Richard Hatch if you want someone to "bare" with you!

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Food poisoning rumor"
Maybe whoever wins the reward challenge gets sick.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-13-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RC /EP8 : Tina's Phone Call"
AK, I agree that Tina wins the RC this week and calls her kids. The others see how much it means to her and are not "bummed out".

I recall that the Tina phone call was rumored several weeks ago, but no one knew when it would take place. It makes sense that this is the week, based on the EP8 teasers.

Regarding the RC Food poisoning: Nick mentioned after the IC last week that he wasn't feeling well. So if he does get food poisoning it's something that he ate previously,it's not from the RC this week. I think he just ate too much, too fast at the merger picnic.

On the other hand there is the imfamous "Hot dog roast" picture that was discussed this this week. Maybe, Nick undercooked his whatever it was...but I doubt it.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. ""Hot dog roast" picture"
LMAO!

As Colleen and Jenna found out last year in E9, if you eat too much all at once after you have been starving, you get nauseous. I agree that Nick probably learned the same lesson.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-01, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Food poisoning rumor"
Two points here:

1) After eating bad food, badly cooked, a freshly killed and cooked pig, chickens, and Kucha-corn in rather unsanitary conditions, just how does one come up with FOOD POISONING?!?!

2) The spoil message above said that the sick person's TEAM lost the IC and would go to TC. This would indicate that this happened BEFORE the merge. Since we're merged and nothing of that sort happened, we must conclude it's a phony. ALTERNATIVE: It's about Michael and they got the illness/injury wrong. Of course, they hadn't HAD the immunity challenge yet, so this looks like something we can dismiss.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Food poisoning rumor"
<<BUT, what if it refers to the fact that the winner of the RC got food poisoning?>>

I don't think these people are so awful as to be overjoyed that someone got food poisoning for winning a challenge....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

ana128 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ana128 Click to send private message to ana128 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Food poisoning rumor"
Thanks! I still am a little unsure. I noticed the reward challenge is a boomerang throwing contest and the reward is a big dinner. Didn't Nick bring a frisbee for his luxury item, so he could win. What happens if he gets sick from the food? Hmmm...

ana

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-14-01, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Food poisoning rumor"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-01 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

Ana, I asked the same question on Supermans "CBS Preview" post.
Also his "significant weight loss" could be from puking his guts out and dehydration. Is there time to change our vote?

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nick gone tomorrow"
Well, I think the Food Poisoning rumor may have put the final nail in Nick's coffin, I think Colby realizes that he is sick and will point this out to the other Ogakor people. Nick was focused on a bit more last episode, which leads me to the fact that he will be focused on even more this week, which is a common trend lately. If Nick does go and Jerri wins immunity as I have said before, everyone on the continent other than Amber will be wanting to vote her off more than likely. Keith and Tina know that if they get rid of one more Kucha, they can still get rid of Jerri and have a 4-3 advantage over Kucha. Expect Nick to win the Immunity Challenge, and the prize will be some type of food, which will end up giving Nick a disease or whatever, IF the food poisoning rumor is true. I think it does fit in very good with the CBS clue of "Why aren't the losers of the Immunity Challenge Bummed Out", and also the fact that Ogakor already has a distinct advantage with the numbers game. If Kucha are smart, they will pick the Ogakor member who they think has the least votes cast against them (Tina or Amber), and vote agains them to damage their future in tie situations, because they know they can't win by a block vote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •