The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amber...the family pet?!?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amber...the family pet?!?"
I haven't seen this on any other threads so far, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. As I was watching the last episode specifically during the IC, those who were no longer standing were lounging on the beach. In one scene you can clearly see Amber learning into Jerri da' Ogawhore and Jerri having a "maternal" arm around Amber.

I watched the tape of this episode yesterday and noticed in a scene, later after a fire was built, that Amber was sitting on the ground in front of Colby, who was rubbing her shoulder. Again, almost like a "big brother" or showing affection like you would to the family dog while sitting around a camp fire.

Could this be her strategy? To show submission and worm her way into the hearts of the others? Also, Amber came off of her pole so quickly after Jerri da' Ogawhore threw in the towel, I thought the two of them were tethered together!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amber...the family pet?!? SurvivinDawg 03-13-01 1
   Meow ... purrrr .... AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 2
       RE: Meow ... purrrr .... Lurking 03-14-01 3
           RE: Meow ... purrrr .... PepeLePew13 03-14-01 4
 RE: Amber...the family pet?!? ElmersGlue 03-14-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-01, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amber...the family pet?!?"
First, just how quickly DID Amber jump after Jerri? The editing made it look like Jerri immediately jumped in after the chocolate, although I'm sure in reality she took some time to decide and was taunted off her perch (she DID have votes, ya know). Amber may have waited several minutes before following Jerri, although the editing made it look like they were tethered together. Just a thought.

Second, you better believe Amber's strategy is to be that under-the-radar puppy, not offending anyone but getting plenty of face-time by latching onto Jerri and staying in Jerri's shadow. And of course she's batting those eyelashes at "Hershey Bar" Colby and showing some lap-dog affiliation to him. She'll need his support (badly) when Jerri is history.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Meow ... purrrr ...."
Or ... it may be that Jerri and Amber still believe Colby's "you, me and Amber to the end" quote -- as I have discussed before.

But I think this kitten has more claws than she has bared so far.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-01, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meow ... purrrr ...."
I'll believe that she has a good strategy when I see it. In the meantime, my mind is open to the possibility that she's not as clever as I'm wishing she would be.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-01, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meow ... purrrr ...."
I think she's a lot smarter than she appears to be. I recall at the very beginning, before the first episode, that she seemed like someone who could go far because she's got smarts and a stronger personality. She also said something to the likes that you've got to do what it takes to win, so I think it's very possible she's just laying low and living off a leash until she feels like she could be threatened with a vote against her.

Note that she has had almost NO mention whatsoever from other players in terms of alliances (her name always comes up in tandem with Jerri the Dog Master) and she isn't seen as a threat at all, so why not ride it out as long as you can?

But, boy... has she been dull as dishwater... and is she ever going to be able to live down the "Oh God, I LOVE MEATBALL SUBS!" comment... if Subway hasn't contacted her yet for an endorsement deal, they should do it ASAP.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-14-01, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amber...the family pet?!?"
This girl is so far under the radar that on the CBS website they still only have the 2 "studio" shots of her in the photo gallery.
Everybody else has 5 or 6 shots from previous episodes - Nick finally had a 3rd shot added this week.

This says alot to me. I'd be very surprised now to see that she doesn't end up as one of the final 2.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •