The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary – Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 – Episode 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-14-04, 06:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary – Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 – Episode 4"
Official Summary – Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 – Episode 4
Wedding Gown Blues

Welcome back to Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2, the show that seeks to prove a woman CAN get desperate enough to marry a man she barely knows. Heck, I’m all for it, so let’s see what happens this week in Episode 4. Sadly, this summary will have to be short and sweet as I am leaving for vacation in a matter of hours, and they don’t have internet access where I’m going. It’s a place called “Tucson”.

The show resumes right where it left off last week. A justice of the peace is there to remind the women and Marty that the name of the game is Who Wants to MARRY My Dad, not Who Wants To Fake An Engagement With My Dad, Go On a Nice Trip, Then Never See Him Again, Claiming She Couldn’t Leave Her Hometown to Join The Man of Her Dreams. That was season one! No, this time, they are expecting to end with a wedding, not a mere proposal. Marty and the women are SHOCKED by this unexpected revelation. The girls retire to their room so they can spy on the women who are discussing the idea of a whirlwind romance. Melanie has actually done it before – she has married a guy she knew for only three weeks! Marilyn thinks Marty will go through with it (but she doesn’t say how SHE would feel about the idea). Suzanne reasons it out – he’s stable financially, has a great family - Lola and the children, plus the sexual attraction is there. Stacy feels an attraction to him since the first moment, while Nicole just wants to kiss the guy. The girls are stunned that all the women are actually considering the idea of insta-marriage.

In the morning, the girls reveal it was a merely a test! No imminent wedding; they just wanted to see whether any of the women would bolt out the front door based on the news.

Today is Pretend Wedding Day. The ladies will try on gowns, Dad will get a tux and they’ll meet back at the house for pictures. There’s plenty of shopping footage, and since I’m a guy, I’m just going to skip over this part, except to mention that they ALL look hot!

On the way home, the girls’ limo is pulled over by a police motorcycle cop. They are cited for too many passengers! One woman must be eliminated and left at the curb. Literally. As they get ready to eliminate a womn, Brooke tells them “you can’t imagine how hard this is”. Hey Brooke, did you ever stop to think that maybe they can imagine since it’s pretty hard on them too? After much deliberation, they select Nicole, who is dropped off in her wedding gown on the steps of the church, - every woman’s nightmare, am I right? A cab picks her up with tin cans dragging behind it and a "Just Eliminated" sign on the back.

Back to the house, and the girls are given a task. They must write down their wedding vows – how they feel about Marty, what they want to learn about him, etc. The one with the best vows gets a private date. The mood in the house is getting a little more serious and intense. Stacy says she has one eye on the prize, the other on her back. The gloves are off – she’s going for it!

Marty is waiting for the ladies who will come out one by one. He says the last time he was waiting for a woman with a wedding gown on was 27 years ago. Hey, aren’t his two oldest daughters both 27?

Suzanne is first. She is sappy, but sincere, she is crying openly while reading. She calls him Marlin. Is that his real name or did she just screw up big time?

Melanie – she also starts crying- this is pretty intense, reading someone what could be wedding vows. Click goes the camera, and boy do they make a cute couple.

Marilyn is next and Marty is stunned by her beauty. She’s got the water works going now too.

Stacy - she gives a knockout performance. She barely looks at her notes, using the opportunity to gaze into his eyes as she talks. It ends with a long kiss; their first one.

Marty is ready for Nicole, and the girls break the news that she’s been eliminated. Marty is crushed, saying from day 1, he felt a connection with Nicole. NOW HOLD ON HERE! Just last week, he asked the girls to eliminate her because he had no chemistry with her. Can’t he remember back to the day before? Maybe HE’S the one who wants use this as a springboard for an acting career. The winner of the private date is Stacy. Suzanne can’t believe Stacy gets the private date with HER man. Can you say OBSESSED?

So Stacy and Marty get a romantic dinner date, while the rest of them are eating pizza in their gowns. Fax rings. It’s time to pick the two least compatible. They must go into the living room to meet the soloist there – he’s playing their song! The two chosen women are Melanie and Marilyn.

Marilyn’s up first:

If you marry my dad, would you pay off some of my debts?
No.
Thumbs up.

Marilyn, have you gone on more than 10 dates in the last two months?
No.
Thumbs down

Did you truly mean everything you said in your wedding vows?
Yes
Thumbs up

Marilyn, do you really want to get married again?
Yes
Thumbs up. All in all and impressive performance!

Melanie’s Turn:

Have you used your oven at home more than five times in the last month?
No
Thumbs up. Hey, I cook a lot and I don’t use MY oven 5 times a month!

If you marry my dad, do you promise to stay with him in sickness and health ‘til death do you part?
Yes
Thumbs up

Do you normally prefer to date younger men?
Yes
Thumbs up

Are you falling in love with my dad?
Yes
Thumbs up! Wow, she really stepped up to the plate!

Random thought – is it WRONG to use baseball references in a dating show?

At any rate, I think the girls’ decision is going to be very hard. It’s getting to the stage where all the women left have genuine, profound feelings for Marty. Three will have their hearts crushed, and this time it’s Melanie turn to have her dreams ripped from deep within her soul. Teary goodbyes ensue and she takes the trademark one-suitcase walk out to the waiting limo amid tears and a long goodbye.

And it’s a good thing because it’s late, I’m falling asleep, and my plane leaves in six hours! Stay tuned next week – it’s the finale already! Who will become Marty’s instant soulmate? Read about it here, at realitytvworld.com!

Questions or comments? Contact MTW via email at: realityguy@usa.com

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary – Who Wants To... volsfan 07-14-04 1
 RE: Official Summary – Who Wants To... PrincessJ 07-20-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-14-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary – Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 – Episode 4"
Great job MTW! You captured it perfectly! I hope you made your flight!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-20-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary – Who Wants To Marry My Dad 2 – Episode 4"
Great Job MTW! Thank you for not rehashing the bridal gown shopping. They all did look good, but no recap was needed.

This was the episode that I saw Stacy in a new light. I didn't see her much of a competitor with Suzanne and Marilyn. Now I'm rooting for her to be chosen.

I think her vows were the most sincere. The fact that she looked directly into his eyes when she read them, had a greater impact than the others. That's when it really felt like they came from her heart.

Thanks again to you and Vols for the summary. I do read them, just don't always comment.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •