The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Suggestion for Next Year"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

gmsje 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gmsje Click to send private message to gmsje Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Suggestion for Next Year"
For next year, once they get down to the final two, there should be a telephone audience poll during the final week as to whether either of the two should win the grand prize, and that should be an up front rule from the beginning the contestants know about. The vote would on a simple question, "Should either of the two remaining contestants win the big prize.? Yes or No?" If the nationwide audience vote is less than 50% Yes, the consolation prize if split 60-40 and that's what the contestant jury votes on - who gets the 60%. I didn't even watch the final show. Who cares whether either Haggie or Shriekette won. And, I'm glad that crybaby/psycho Shriekette didn't get the half mill. I've watched all six shows and I doubt I'll watch next year. This show is too predictable anymore. The "men" are dumb and the women gravitate to lowest common female denominator.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Suggestion for Next Year davwav02 09-23-05 1
   RE: Suggestion for Next Year gmsje 09-25-05 2
       RE: Suggestion for Next Year davwav02 09-26-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-23-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Suggestion for Next Year"
Well, as much as I didn't like the F2 choices this year, doing what you said would make the show very dull. It would be much like season one. As some may recall, season one enabled the viewers to vote on an eviction, and since the contestants knew this, they would commonly "hold back" in the diary room, so as not to upset or offend the viewers. In seasons two through seven, the house nominated and evicted all houseguests, so they only had to answer to each other, with the exception of America's choice, which did not directly affect the outcome of the game, though indirectly put the FS in their place.

As much as I would have spent all night voting for Kaysar or Janie if I could, that would have undermined the entire concept of the show, which is a game, as much as some of us (including myself) hate to admit. I believe CBS has the power to manipulate the game to a point, and they very well could have had Janelle win HOH and make the final two, but they choose the methods they choose, and there's nothing we can do about it. Everyone will complain for a few weeks, nothing will really be done, and we'll all come back and watch again next year.

P.S. In case you're wondering, the application for BB7 is up, so I think it's safe to say there will be a next year...Please, CBS, no more twists, just a bunch of diehard gameplayers is all we need.

gmsje 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-25-05, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gmsje Click to send private message to gmsje Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Suggestion for Next Year"
I don't mean the public votes during the entire run of the show like season one. That's why I limited it to the final show. I just think it would be hilarious to see the two finalists realize neither of them is going to the big money.

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-26-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Suggestion for Next Year"
Again, as much as I disliked the outcome of BB6, your suggestion would not work. If this were to occur, the two finalists would be free to sue CBS for breach of contract. Going into the game, each contestant signed a contract saying first place would win $500,000 and second place would win $50,000. How would you like to go all that time under the impression that making it to the final two would pay off, just to get nothing. Again, I absolutely do not feel that the final two of BB6 should be rewarded in any way for how they acted in the house, but withholding the money they were promised to begin with would be, at the very least, illegal.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •