The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Roadblock Tally"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Roadblock Tally"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 01:07 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-05 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Last season, I could never remember who had done what, so this season I decided to keep track. That's right - I have a piece of paper that I write this stuff down on. (I do so have a life.) Now I type this up for the benefit of all. I will update as needed.

RoadBlocks
Maximum of 6 per teammate

Episode 2: Shoeshine in Peru
Brian, Gretchen, Ray, Amber, Ron, Susan, Joyce, Lynn, Debbie, Megan

Episode 3 : 4 pounds of yucky meat
Greg, Alex, Meredith (quit), Deana (quit), Rob (quit), Ron, Patrick, Uchenna, Debbie

Episode 4: Gaucho Barrel Challenge
Alex, Joyce, Kelly, Brian, Rob, Deana, Meredith, Patrick

Episode 5: Shopping in Soweto Market
Ray/Deana used Fast Forward to bypass Detour and Roadblock
Kelly, Greg, Amber, Lynn, Uchenna, Gretchen

Episode 6: Bushman Hunter Training
Ray, Ron, Meredith, Brian, Joyce, Lynn, Rob

Episode 7: Crocodile Drive and Log Moving
Ron, Rob, Uchenna, Alex, Meredith, Greg

Tally
Team Member #Tasks

Lynn 3
Alex 3

Meredith 4 (quit 1)
Gretchen 2

Rob 4 (quit 1)
Amber 2

Ron 4
Kelly 2

Uchenna 3
Joyce 3

Brian 3
Greg 3

Ray 2
Deana 2 (quit 1)

Susan 1
Patrick 2

Debbie 2
Bianca 0

Megan 1
Heidi 0

Ryan 0
Chuck 0

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Roadblock Tally ARnutz 03-24-05 1
   RE: Roadblock Tally Seana 03-24-05 2
 RE: Roadblock Tally seahorse 03-29-05 3
 RE: Roadblock Tally nailbone 03-29-05 4
 Bumping... Seana 03-30-05 5
 Bumping again Seana 04-06-05 6
 RE: Roadblock Tally ARnutz 04-06-05 7
 RE: Roadblock Tally Kathryn in Canada 04-07-05 8
   RE: Roadblock Tally Dakota 04-10-05 9
       RE: Roadblock Tally Seana 04-12-05 10
           RE: Roadblock Tally FFantasyFX 04-12-05 11
 Roadblock Tally - Continued Seana 04-13-05 12
   Bumping and comments Seana 04-20-05 13
       RE: Bumping and comments Hoobie 04-20-05 14
           RE: Bumping and comments ARnutz 04-20-05 15
 Continued, again Seana 04-27-05 16
   RE: Continued, again KLinDC 04-27-05 17
   Bumping again with more comments Seana 05-04-05 18
       RE: Bumping again with more comment... baroque 05-04-05 19
   RE: Continued, again ARnutz 05-04-05 20
       RE: Continued, again samboohoo 05-04-05 21
           RE: Continued, again MTommy 05-05-05 22
               RE: Continued, again KMan 05-05-05 23
 Final Tally Seana 05-11-05 24
   RE: Final Tally JohnMc 05-11-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
Cool Seana! Thanks!

I was thinking about this myself the other day because I couldn't remember if "Suck-it-up" boy had done any.

There was a thread for this last season, but I think it was over in the spoilers forum. (I don't remember and am too lazy to look it up.)

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

03-24-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
I wasn't sure what forum it should go in, so I stuck with Bashers.

It's a pretty neutral topic, actually.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
Looks like no one is having any problem yet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
Thanks, Seana. I was wondering about this, too.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

03-30-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
5. "Bumping..."
...'cause I updated

I keep getting Brian and Greg mixed up. I have to make note of what the person was wearing, and then wait for one of them to use the other's name. I can tell them apart when they're just standing there, but they are often moving around. You know, the Race, and all.

Thanks for caring, RTVW folks!

04-06-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
6. "Bumping again"
...because it's been updated again.

04-06-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
It looks like Gretchen, Amber & Kelly have to catch up a bit now. If any/all of them last a few more legs, they could get in trouble.

I don't blame the guys for doing the roadblock in leg 7. Could you picture any of those three ladies moving the logs and driving the Land Rovers? *snort*

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Kathryn in Canada 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kathryn%20in%20Canada Click to send private message to Kathryn%20in%20Canada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
1. Thanks for doing this. One less piece of trivia I need to keep in my head.

2. I liked the way Lynn talked Alex through the road block, explaining how to drive standard shift. It was a risk, letting the weaker stick shift driver do the leg, especially when they thought they were behind, but it made the road block tally equal for them and may work to their advantage later.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
Thanks Seana. I've only been watching TAR since the Screaming Jonathon season, although I'd seen a few eps before that. But I'm not up on all the rules, strategy, etc. I didn't think about how the roadblock rules could effect the game. And I'm so into organization of both stuff and facts.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

04-12-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
Hi, Dakota!

Glad to meet another organiser! I even write up my shopping lists in a handy table format, organised by section: Meat & Deli, Produce, Dairy, etc. I repeat: I do so have a life.

I missed the re-play of TAR on Sunday night. I had wanted to check a couple things that Lynn/Alex said.

First, when Lynn and Alex were deciding who should do the RoadBlock, they specifically chose Alex, because Lynn "already had 3".

Second, when they discovered that the task involved driving a standard, they said something like "Well, we can't change now".

This second thing interests me. I've wondered before if the Roadblock card said anything more about the task, since what the Racers read is usually pretty cryptic. I wonder how long they have to make their decision. It makes sense that they wouldn't be allowed to trade with the partner. I guess I just never noticed this aspect before, so I'm commenting on it.

I welcome any corrections to the quotes and the consequent assumptions.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-12-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Roadblock Tally"
You pretty much hit the nail on its head. When a team arrives at the roadblock, they read a one-line, sometimes vague, clue. For instance, in TAR5 the clue for the infamous kilo caviar challenge was "Who wants a taste of the high life?" Based on their surroundings, teams can sometimes surmise what the challenge entails, but other times cannot. Depending on the location, teams could see/wait and see another team do the challenge in order to facilitate their decision.

They are not able to advance from the clue location until they have decided who will do the roadblock. Theoretically, teams can take as much time as they want to decide who will perform the challenge, although it's obviously in their best interest to quickly make that determination. Once the decision is reached, the person chosen has to complete the challenge (*cough* or take a four hour penalty *cough*).

Hope that clears up the few questions you had.

04-13-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
12. "Roadblock Tally - Continued"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

It seems I can't edit my initial post after 20000 minutes, so I'm copying and continuing here.

Thanks for the info, FFantasyX! I started watching TAR during the 2nd half of season 5, so I'm still relatively new to the show.

RoadBlocks

Greg, Alex, Meredith (quit), Deana (quit), Rob (quit), Ron, Patrick, Uchenna, Debbie

Episode 8: Search Tin Boxes
Kelly, Amber, Uchenna, Alex, Gretchen

Episode 9: Camel Racing
Uchenna/Joyce used Fast Forward to bypass Detour and Roadblock
Kelly, Amber, Lynn, Meredith

Tally
Team Member #Tasks

Meredith 5 (quit 1)
Gretchen 3

Rob 4 (quit 1)
Amber 4

Ron 4
Kelly 4

Uchenna 4
Joyce 3

Lynn 4
Alex 4

Brian 3
Greg 3

Ray 2
Deana 2 (quit 1)

Susan 1
Patrick 2

Debbie 2
Bianca 0

Megan 1
Heidi 0

Ryan 0
Chuck 0

04-20-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
13. "Bumping and comments"
1. It looks like Meredith can only do one more challenge.

2. I think there are 4 weeks left, and the pattern has been one RB per episode. I don't know if the finale will be two hours, with 1 team eliminated after the first hour and 3 teams Racing to the end, as it was last season. If so, we have to put up with Gretchen for at least *does math* 3.5 more episodes. Oh, please, someone tell me how wrong I am. And don't tell me how you think they'll be in the final 3. I don't want to hear that. *fingers in ears* la la la la la...

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bumping and comments"
I have not heard Phil say specifically that no team member may complete more than 6 tasks. He said it many, many, many times last season. I think that it may no longer be applicable. Being that all of the rules are repeated several times through and across every show, you would think they would have mentioned it if it was still enforced.

04-20-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Bumping and comments"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 02:42 PM (EST)

Yes, he has said it. He'll probably say it again soon because it may become an issue in the last few episodes.

Welcome to the boards!

Seana ~ I don't think the final leg has a roadblock. The finale is May 10 (2 hours) so there are 3 more episodes, but 4 more legs.

It looks like M/G are in the worst shape. Gretchen needs to stop screeching and start doing!

04-27-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
16. "Continued, again"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

As of May 3, 2005

RoadBlocks

Brian, Gretchen, Ray, Amber, Ron, Susan,
Joyce, Lynn, Debbie, Megan

Greg, Alex, Meredith (quit), Deana (quit),
Rob (quit), Ron, Patrick, Uchenna, Debbie

Episode 10: Storm the Castle
Uchenna, Gretchen, Rob, Ron

Episode 11: Drive the Bus
Rob, Kelly, Joyce, Meredith

Tally
Team Member #Tasks

Rob 6 (quit 1)
Amber 4

Ron 5
Kelly 5

Uchenna 5
Joyce 4

Meredith 6 (quit 1)
Gretchen 4

Lynn 4
Alex 4

Brian 3
Greg 3

Ray 2
Deana 2 (quit 1)

Susan 1
Patrick 2

Debbie 2
Bianca 0

Megan 1
Heidi 0

Ryan 0
Chuck 0

On an unrelated note, Gretchen only said "Oh my God" 4 times. There's 2 of us watching; we can keep track of this stuff no problem. She thinks I'm nuts, though.

So Amber will have to do any remaining roadblocks, and the other teams have a choice.

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Continued, again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

I'm surprise Meredith did that double decker bus roadblock. Unless Gretchen can't drive worth a thing.

05-04-05, 00:42 AM (EST)
18. "Bumping again with more comments"
I'm not sure that R/K's considered decision to have Kelly drive the bus was a good one. If he truly is such a great driver of all motorised things, maybe they should have risked him using up his last RB to gain back some of the time they lost to the Yield.

I did enjoy the montage set to goofy music. Funny.

baroque 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail baroque Click to send private message to baroque Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bumping again with more comments"
I think Ron just wanted the opportunity for the world to hear him say "it's like teaching women how to drive"!

05-04-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Continued, again"
So Amber will have to do any remaining roadblocks, and the other teams have a choice.

This could become an issue if there is some roadblock where Uchenna & Ron decide to do it and Amber has some difficulty.

Since we haven't seen her do a lot of physical tasks, I'm not sure she could give the other guys a run for their money. Not saying she can't, just saying we don't know.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Continued, again"
Perhaps the result of which is Rob carrying her -- maybe she gets hurt.

Icey bounced my Dicey

MTommy 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTommy Click to send private message to MTommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Continued, again"
For what little it's worth, I always suspected that a "physical" roadblock would be the end of them. First episode Rob said something to the effect that nothing physical will stop us. I did suspect they would be out sooner because of this; but I didn't expect Rob to do 6 of 10 roadblock's to get them this far. In summation I agree with you and have had this thinking since day 1 - Amber lags or maybe even gets hurt on a roadblock.

OUT

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Continued, again"
If I recollect correctly, Rob quit the food roadblock. Do we know for sure that it counts for him?

05-11-05, 01:01 AM (EST)
24. "Final Tally"
I tried to make a pretty table, but for some reason, the table was spaced way down at the bottom of the post. I couldn't fix it. This stinks, because the table looked really good, except for the positioning. What a lot of code for nothing. Maybe next time.

This was fun! The 6-RB rule surely does make things interesting.

Any final thoughts from anyone?

RoadBlocks

Episode 10: Storm the Castle
Uchenna, Gretchen, Rob, Ron

Episode 11: Drive the Bus
Rob, Kelly, Joyce, Meredith

Finale, Leg 1: Limbo!
Joyce, Amber, Kelly

Finale, Leg 2: Jump off the Bridge
Uchenna, Ron, Amber

Tally
Team Member#Tasks

Uchenna 6
Joyce 5

Rob 6 (quit 1)
Amber 6

Ron 6
Kelly 6

Meredith 6 (quit 1)
Gretchen 4

Lynn 4
Alex 4

Brian 3
Greg 3

Ray 2
Deana 2 (quit 1)

Susan 1
Patrick 2

Debbie 2
Bianca 0

Megan 1
Heidi 0

Ryan 0
Chuck 0

Maybe I'll have a thought in the morning. Right now, I'm going to bed.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Final Tally"
Thanks for maintaining the roadblock count, Seana.

One interesting that I didn't notice until seeing this list was that the use of the Fast Forward was beneficial to U/J in 2 ways. One, of course, was finishing first. But the second later benefit was that for the last Roadblock, U/J had the chance to have either of them complete the last Roadblock. They weren't forced into having one teammate do the challenge, like Amber and Ron had to do.

Could be a good strategy in the future, instead of avoiding the Fast Forward like some teams have done.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •