The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode #1 discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-04, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode #1 discussion"
I would have written a full-fledged summary, but -- no tape, and it would have lost a lot without being able to quote the Festers' constant verbal snipes word for word. So instead, a few random notes from the first episode.

1. Imagine what Paris & Nicole would have done in K&D's place at the alligator facility. For starters, they probably would have eaten the eggs, shrieked and thrown the baby gators into the walls, refused to handle the snake, sprayed perfume on the raw meat to make it smell better, and then run off with half the contents of the gift shop for their self-appointed pay. Instead, we had Kevin & Drew making honest efforts at their assigned tasks, trying to get the work done in every case, no matter how reluctant or nervous they were.

2. This was actually educational. I didn't know alligator eggs were that delicate. I also didn't know it was possible to consider having a baby gator biting you as 'cute', but Drew still deserved what he got. (For those who are mild science wonks: a gator's jaw muscles are geared towards the bite down, so it's easy to hold them closed and hard to get them open.) 'Aw, look at the little baby, trying to bite my finger off -- he's got my finger! He's got my finger! How could you let him go and get my finger!' You'd think a man who once went walking through a chasm full of tigers would have a little more natural caution...

3. The alligator pileup behind the meat wagon was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a nature-oriented scene. No fighting, no snapping for a better position -- just a lot of pushing forward. Just a little bit overwhelming in close-up. Poor Drew.

4. The wrestling scenes were honestly nerve-wracking. They weren't very big gators, but the jaws still work.

5. By constrast, the Festers sitting on the back of the gator, curiously stroking its scales, was just a reminder of their basic nature: overgrown kids. (Although I probably would have done the same thing. How many chances do you get to pet an alligator?)

6. 'Standard RV noise that comes with the RV'?

7. I know the gator facility needs all the exposure (and presumably donations) it can get, but since when is Ocean Spray that desperate for publicity? Nice corporate headquarters, though.

8. Well, if you ever wondered how cranberries were harvested, now you know. The alligators were more interesting.

9. Would you eat Kevin's pie for $50,000? The expression on the taste tester's face said it all. If he wants to try for forty-five minutes of fame, he can always apply to be a cook for Fear Factor. Drew did take the boring route -- go with a dish you know well, then add cranberries -- and Kevin tried to be more creative, but when you consider the results...

10. The hair net question, while funny, was the only moment that felt staged.

11. 'Drew's on the roof and we can't get him down!'

12. They haven't changed at all since TAR1, and that may be the most amazing thing about them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode ... Esbea 07-09-04 1
 RE: Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode ... Puffy 07-09-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode #1 discussion"
I caught the program quite by accident and I have to say that I found it disappointing. Maybe the pressure of the Race is what made them funny. I loved the Festers, but this was a watered down, whiney shadow of their former glory. Ill give it another chance simply because Id like to see them do well, and having them "fix" what was wrong with the RV cracked me up.

Anyone else notice that Drew wasnt wearing a wedding ring? He proposed to his girlfriend right after the show aired...what happened?

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kevin & Drew Unleashed Episode #1 discussion"
I loved the show. It was very educational, yet they were still the Festers. The competitions and jobs seemed like the challenges on the Amazing Race. They were jobs and activities pertinent to the locale they were in. It felt comfy to see and hear Drew and Kevin again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •