The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-04, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
Apparently I have an obligation to do this. So, even though I spent most of the second hour flipping over to Kevin & Drew's rebirth on Discovery (which, for giving the Festers a new home, has won my tiny fraction of a ratings point), I'm starting the thread anyway. Why? Because I can. And because it gave me a chance to mention K&D on Discovery, which y'all should really be watching. Pity about that lousy time slot, but...

Anyway -- the game.

1. $50 chips? Why? Are they planning on going to three-hour specials next season? Is the pot slowly working its way down to penny chips just to give a short-stack the chance to hold back one last cent, then double up twenty-two times?
2. Goodbye, Evil Willie. (They let him keep the chip? Genuine fake silver isn't cheap, you know.) I'm actually glad that ridiculous streak of luck didn't follow him into this game. Nothing against him, but watching Mr. Applegate hanging around the audience was just disturbing.
3. While it looked like everyone had at least a vague idea of how to play this week, watching people consistently fold on the best hand started to get annoying. Of course, the only times people called on what they thought were bluffs, they got wrenched out of their socks. Right, Jerry? (What was he thinking? Was he thinking? Anyone?)
4. Note to the production staff: never, ever show anyone speaking into the card camera again. It's just not a flattering angle.
5. Worst. Tattoos. Ever. (Evil Willie. You had to ask?)
6. Did I mention that Kevin & Drew were funny?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Poc... blacknwhitedog 07-09-04 1
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Poc... blacknwhitedog 07-09-04 2
       RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Poc... ginger 07-09-04 4
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Poc... theking0075 07-09-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
I thought the show was pretty entertaining for a change.

Dave Navarro played great and was more engaging than I thought he would be.

Evil Willie did not win again - yay!

Jennie Garth looked great but didn't really have a clue.

I knew Jerry would go out first- way over-confident.

Richard Kind is so irritating! And you're right about the wierd upside-down looking into the card camera shot- aaagghh!!! my eyes!!! my eyes!!!

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
Next week looks like a funny show

Penn from Penn & Teller
Kathy Griffin
Jeff Gordon
Ron Livingston
Angie Dickinson- where's she been?

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
Holy cow. I thought Angie was dead.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-09-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: 'Pocket aces? Fold.'"
>3. While it looked like
>everyone had at least a
>vague idea of how to
>play this week, watching people
>consistently fold on the best
>hand started to get annoying.
> Of course, the only
>times people called on what
>they thought were bluffs, they
>got wrenched out of their
>socks. Right, Jerry?
>(What was he thinking?
>Was he thinking? Anyone?)

I have to admit that seeing Jerry call a $9200 all-in with ACE HIGH was mind boggling! I'm not sure what justification anyone could come up with for that. Did he think Dave was bluffing with less than nothing? That was what was so odd, Dave could have been bluffing with say an Ace-Jack and still won. That's why the call made NO SENSE!

I'll also admit that I too lose interest in the show rather easily. Last night, I was watching baseball tonight for most of the second hour.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •