The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"People Magazine: possible spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-13-01, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"People Magazine: possible spoilers"
Well, I didn't know how I was gonna breach this subject w/o admitting that I actually bought the thing, but I picked up a copy of the People Extra Special Edition Surivor Extravaganza Super Sized w/ Fries magazine and I just happened to notice something when I was reading through the little bio's on each contestant.

Regarding Tina, here is the last sentence in her segment:

"The first tub bath she took after coming home lasted 3 hours, says husband Dale. And at dinner, she was an eating machine."

Now, does this have spoiler value...I think so. There is no doubt that once you are voted out there is plenty of food to be eaten back at the ranch. The question is then, after starving yourself for thirtysomething days, how many days or meals of gorging would it take to return you back to your normal appetite and eating patters. There's no doubt that once you were booted, you would eat like a pig for at least a couple of days, but probably not much longer than that...you nay still be very thin, but you would no longer be hungry.

Considering that the Survivors stick around for a couple of days of post-production, I would say that only a person who made it to the final 2-3 would still be THAT hungry upon returning home.

But, even as I write this I can see some holes in my theory, that being that the food at the ranch, although plentiful, may not have been tasty and therefore she was just very excited to finally have a GOOD meal when she got home.

I'm not saying it's a huge "deb's Friends" level of spoiler, but I think we can put it in the pile of secondary evidence in favor of Tina making it very deep into the game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... bondt007 03-13-01 1
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... aymelek 03-13-01 2
 With all due respect... dangerkitty 03-13-01 3
   RE: With all due respect... shakes the clown 03-13-01 9
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... marcus 03-13-01 4
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... jkkeller 03-13-01 5
   RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... Lisapooh 03-13-01 6
       RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... wendyp 03-13-01 8
           RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... Remy617 03-13-01 10
               RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... SurvivinDawg 03-13-01 13
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... DivaByTheSea 03-13-01 7
   RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... jkkeller 03-13-01 15
 RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... ItzLisa 03-13-01 11
   RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... ksfly 03-13-01 12
       RE: People Magazine: possible spoi... ItzLisa 03-13-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
Ya know... I read the same thing last night in that magazine (however, my WIFE bought it...), and wondered the same thing. I can't imagine eating well for, say, a handful of days at the ranch, and a few long hot showers, that you would act in such a way as soon as you get home like you were Tom Hanks in Castaway. Also, if she does get to the final two, I don't see too many of the remaining Survivors beating her...

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
...especially if they were given vegimite sandwiches at place where they jury stayed! Ewww!

But just for argument's sake:

Have you ever been realy, really hungry, like you haven't eaten in days? I used to fast routinely for 3 days at a time and when you do get food back, your appetite just isn't what it used to be for several days. You simply CAN'T eat that much after being so hungry because you'll just throw it up--your system is just not capable of handling that much food for a while.

But, since they are eating at least a little bit and not totally fasting, then it's plausible she could pig out when she got home because travel time back to the States was probably a good day & a half, which may have given her time to get her appetite back.

OK, I realize this was a practically useless post once I kept typing & saw that there are major holes in it too. It was just food for thought (pun intended).

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-13-01, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "With all due respect..."
>Well, I didn't know how I
>was gonna breach this subject

Shakes, I think your lawyer brain and Survivor brain are getting too friendly witheach other.First it was the "negative easements and promissary estoppel" in your kick-ass summary, and now this. "Breach" as in break the law (I guess some view an actual purchase of "People" magazine that way) or "broach" as in introduce a topic for the first time?

For what it's worth, I do see Tina going far. She has friends in all the right places - Keith, Amber, Rodger. And she has shown that she knows how to play on many levels.

One more thing, regarding "People": Next time, just say that you were flipping through it while you waited in the check-out line.

dangerkitty

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: With all due respect..."
>Shakes, I think your lawyer brain
>and Survivor brain are getting
>too friendly witheach other.First it
>was the "negative easements and
>promissary estoppel" in your kick-ass
>summary, and now this.
>"Breach" as in break the
>law (I guess some view
>an actual purchase of "People"
>magazine that way) or "broach"
>as in introduce a topic
>for the first time?

....I only claimed to be a lawyer, I never said I was good at it. In the immortal words of Homer T. Simpson.....

"I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T"

>
>One more thing, regarding "People": Next
>time, just say that you
>were flipping through it while
>you waited in the check-out
>line.

...but I already use that excuse for "Redbook" and "Better Homes & Gardens"

Lost in all this is the fact that with this People magazine and all its bio info on our favorite media=whores, I am now armed and dangerous when it comes time to write the next summary.

marcus 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marcus Click to send private message to marcus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
I posted something consistent with your hypothesis a week or so ago, which promptly sank like a stone down the messageboard. I've pasted what I wrote below. It's probably crap, but I thought it might be interesting given the current thread...

A TV critic (now there's a challenge) who writes for the Globe and Mail mentioned in his column the other week about the reactions of MB and JP at a press conference long ago plugging Survivor II. Basically, he thinks that their reactions to a question about Tina tips off that she goes very far, maybe wins it. I didn't bother to send it before, but now that Ogakor seems in control, thought it might be useful info for the future. Here's what he said:
"Survivor: The Australian Outback (CBS, Global, 8 p.m.) features some sort of crisis tonight. Apparently, a contestant gets injured and no, it's not somebody suffering from a bruised ego. In any case, I'm kind of losing interest in Survivor since Kimmi got booted off last week. Now, perhaps, she can pursue her personal interests in peace.

To judge by the shenanigans, I'm having second thoughts about an early prediction I made. Back in January, when producer Mark Burnett and host Jeff Probst met the press in Los Angeles to talk about this Survivor,somebody -- a reporter very anxious for a local news angle -- asked a question about Tina. Burnett and Jeff Probst hesitated a long time before answering.

I interpreted the hesitation as a sign that they were summoning up memories of a contestant who departed in the early going. Now, after watching Tina's deft manoeuvring I'm thinking that they hesitated because she's the eventual winner and they had to be very, very careful. It's just a hunch, so don't call your bookie just yet."

The URL is really long; I'll post it below, but if it doesn't work, you can search globeandmail.com for the John Doyle column dated March 1.

http://archives.theglobeandmail.com/s97is.vts?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Frealtime%2Fsearch%2Fhtml%2F20010301%2FRVDOYL%2Ehtml&DocOffset=8&DocsFound=10&QueryZip=byline+%3Ccontains%3E+john+doyle&Collection=TGAM&SortField=sortdate&ViewTemplate=GAMDocView%2Ehts&SearchUrl=http%3A%2F%2Farchives%2Etheglobeandmail%2Ecom%2Fs97is%2Evts%3FQueryZip%3Dbyline%2B%253Ccontains%253E%2Bjohn%2Bdoyle%26ResultTemplate%3DGAMResults%252Ehts%26QueryText%3Dbyline%2B%253Ccontains%253E%2Bjohn%2Bdoyle%26Collection%3DTGAM%26SortField%3Dsortdate%26ViewTemplate%3DGAMDocView%252Ehts%26ResultStart%3D1%26ResultCount%3D10&

Cheers...

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
Y'know, Shakes...

Last month's Playboy had a big article on Survivor. But, I don't think people are gonna buy the whole "I only bought it for the articles" argument, for that one.

And, regarding Tina, I'm sticking by a second-hand quote I heard on the "Bob and Tom" radio show, from Mitchell. When they asked him who he was watching the episodes with, he said "Other people that had been voted off". Later, it was revealed that he had watched with Tina. Admittedly, I DON'T have the actual quote, so it's a little sketchy.

What if COSMO comes out with a Survior special...just for the ladies?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-01, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"

It's more embarrassing that we are so obsessed that we post on here! People is just the national enquirer on better paper. Thats why I dig it. And for the record - I bought it too. Did you see Nick's 'fro? THAT is embarrassing.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
I have nto seen this magazine, but when I was at the grocery store on Saturday one of the tabloids had a heading about love on the survivor 2 show. It showed Tina and a picture of a lady with a quote saying that she enjoyed watching Tina suffer. Then it had Jerri and Jeff P on the same page and something about sparks flying. Did anyone see or read this.

Dang checker was too effecient and I did not get to read it!!!

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Remy617 Click to send private message to Remy617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
I can't believe it has come to this, that I am a neophyte in postings and yet, have to refer to The Enquirer tabloid rag to do so...However, Wendyp I did just happen to come from shopping and my wife (honest to God) was looking at the rag in question. This gist was that Tina is having/had an affair/relationship with the woman's husband. On the subject of of Jerri da' Ogawhore, it alludes to a relationship she and Probst started while in the outback and that she plans to keep it going... Read into all of that what you will. However, JP just filed for separation/divorce from his wife of five years and he and Scerri-Jerri both live in LA...

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
In reading Tina's bio, she seems to be very much a people person. She is married with two children. It does not say how long she's been married to her husband or the ages of her children. On her site (to which I arrived via the kentuckyjoe.com site) there is a lot of Christian stuff (her bio says she likes Christian music), and there are also honeymoon pictures with her husband. While it's a bit difficult to tell the age differences from her present pictures (they ARE younger, but how much is hard to tell), one of the bikini tops she wears looks an awful darn lot like the one she wears on Survivor II. So maybe she stole her present husband from this other woman (or maybe he just picked Tina over this other woman, the more likely scenario). I don't see Tina as being one to go out and have an affair like that, but then again she can be a treacherous woman on the show!

I can understand Probst getting a divorce. Heck, he's away from the woman for weeks and months at a time doing these Survivor gigs (I would imagine she's not allowed to travel with him). Whether or not he has fallen for Jerri's considerable feminine charms and guiles, I don't know.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
My husband (a lawyer) bought the magazine for me too, cuz he knows I"m a survivor-junkie...but he's read it through as many times as I have.

I was struck with the little amount of attention they gave Jerri. She's just half a page. Colby has a whole page (if I remember correctly--I'm at work, so I don't have it with me).

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
Well, you guys got me intrigued about this magazine, so I had to run out and get one, on my lunch break.

Here's how the page breakdown goes for each survivor:

FULL PAGE (ALONE):

Colby, Elisabeth, Kimmi, and Tina.

FULL PAGE (Spread across either top or bottom of two pages):

Alicia, Amber, and Maralyn.

HALF PAGE:

Debb, Jeff, Jerri, Keith, Kel, Michael, Mitchell, Nick (half of his page is obstructed by the Ogakor tribe photo), and Rodger.

Is there ANYTHING that can be gathered from this? Probably not. Kimmi being among the four "full pagers" kind of screws up that theory. Pretty curious though, that when you move on to the next article (the application videos), Kimmi AGAIN has the largest space devoted to her? Was she favored by People magazine to win this, or did they just figure on her to be the most popular?

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
First of all, I haven't seen the magazine, but having totally no shame, I believe I'll hunt it down! I'm headed for Toronto on Friday to see the boyfriend, so this should make fun reading on the plane! (I can just picture myself knocking him down at the arrival gate, magazine in hand, screaming "TINA'S PROBABLY ONE OF THE FINAL TWO!!!!! )

Second - I can't punch any holes in this one (not that I'm a very good hole puncher anyway) - it sounds pretty plausible! Let's say she get's the boot sometime soon and is at the ranch for the rest of the time. Even if the ranch they stayed at was not that great, would the ranch's conditions require a three hour bath upon returning home to her family? If the food at the ranch weren't five star, would she be an eating machine at dinner with her family? It just doesn't make sense. ANY conditions are going to be better than no bathing and endless days of rice in the Outback. Plus, let's face it - CBS isn't going to put them up any place really crappy! I'm sure the ranch wasn't the Ritz, but again, it would be better than the great outdoors. Most of us have probably stayed in crappier conditions in our college dorms and dining halls than the ranch - and the dorms don't inspire you to take three hour baths and eat like there's no tomorrow upon getting back to Mom and Dad's. So, I think Shakes' theory is a highly plausible one. Remember - Gretchen said the first thing she did when she was voted off was take six showers, and that was not when she got home. Dirk ate like a hog, and that was also not when he got home. Even after getting the boot, the producers wouldn't continue to keep depriving the contestants. So, that's my guess - she's one of the final two!

And one more thing I can't let slide....SHAKES BOUGHT PEOPLE MAGAZINE, SHAKES BOUGHT PEOPLE MAGAZINE, NYAAAH NYAAH NYAAH NYAAH NYAAH!!!!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

ksfly 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ksfly Click to send private message to ksfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
I don't know how much I'd take into this. It sounds plausible, but at the same time, I think that the LONG flight home from Australia would warrant a 3 hour bath (Just being home). Also I remember my old summer camp days where I would come home and eat everything in the house no matter how well I ate at camp.

Just some thoughts....

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: People Magazine: possible spoilers"
>Also I remember my old summer camp days where I would come home and eat everything in the house no matter how well I ate at camp.

***But that's my point - CBS probably wouldn't put them up somewhere that's like our old summer camps or college dorms. Just because it's called a "Ranch", if CBS is footing the bill, I'm betting it's probably a pretty friggin' nice ranch! Like I said, even if it's not the Ritz, I'll bet it's far nicer than any of us are thinking. Sounds to me that a three hour bath and an endless pig-out would be the behavior of someone who lasted pretty far into the game.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •