The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-05-04, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
Started way too early to share sentiments across the boards... Keep the discussion here for the result...

Most AI boards believe that Jasmine will finally say goodbye... One of the cweepy sign was Simon making a kiss-of-death comment regarding her vulnerability last night...

According to an insider, for Mountain, East, and Central zones, it's a tight competition for the 5 finalists... The contestants had a 1-2% difference from each other... Based on the insider (if it's true), it's Diana, George or LaToya goin' to bid bye-bye...

But, I think it will the producers' decision on who will leave tonight since they had too close votes for all zones...

my six dif'rent flava

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... okaychatt 05-05-04 1
   Simon's mood swings... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 2
       RE: Simon's mood swings... okaychatt 05-05-04 3
           RE: Simon's mood swings... anotherkim 05-05-04 4
               RE: Simon's mood swings... shedevil 05-05-04 5
               Yeah... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 6
                   Again... I made no sense... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 7
                   RE: Yeah... okaychatt 05-05-04 8
                       RE: Yeah... JOSHIDOL 05-05-04 9
                       RE: Yeah... rjrabbit 05-05-04 54
                           I found you! deerhunter 05-05-04 55
 RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... idlegossip 05-05-04 10
   RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... okaychatt 05-05-04 11
       The only way we can only understand... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 12
           RE: The only way we can only unders... stormysatan 05-05-04 13
               The judges are too obvious... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 14
       Diana and Simon AyaK 05-05-04 15
           RE: Diana and Simon okaychatt 05-06-04 59
               RE: Diana and Simon JOSHIDOL 05-06-04 70
 Only a Bottom 2 tonite emydi 05-05-04 16
   And... AyaK 05-05-04 19
       Bye George AyaK 05-05-04 20
           RE: Bye George zombiebaby 05-05-04 23
               RE: Bye George emydi 05-05-04 24
                   RE: Bye George zombiebaby 05-05-04 28
                       RE: Bye George emydi 05-05-04 34
           RE: Bye George shedevil 05-05-04 39
           RE: Bye George okaychatt 05-06-04 60
 Geez... AyaK 05-05-04 17
   RE: Geez... zombiebaby 05-05-04 18
       I thought... AyaK 05-05-04 26
           RE: I thought... zombiebaby 05-05-04 29
       RE: Geez... shedevil 05-05-04 42
 You know... zombiebaby 05-05-04 21
   ooooh Breezy 05-05-04 33
       Look out! zombiebaby 05-05-04 36
           Lvoe them! Breezy 05-05-04 38
               U, at least zombiebaby 05-05-04 41
 MALE HATERS emydi 05-05-04 22
   RE: MALE HATERS zombiebaby 05-05-04 25
       RE: MALE HATERS Breezy 05-05-04 35
       nope, not so fast... emydi 05-05-04 44
           RE: nope, not so fast... zombiebaby 05-05-04 46
               RE: nope, not so fast... emydi 05-05-04 48
                   yup Breezy 05-05-04 49
           RE: nope, not so fast... sodiumswirl 05-05-04 56
               RE: nope, not so fast... frankz 05-06-04 69
   RE: MALE HATERS idlegossip 05-05-04 30
       Jasmine... Goooey_Alley 05-05-04 52
       RE: MALE HATERS okaychatt 05-06-04 61
   RE: MALE HATERS kerawal 05-06-04 67
 RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... TechNoir 05-05-04 27
   RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... zombiebaby 05-05-04 31
   As it should be AyaK 05-05-04 32
   RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPO... shedevil 05-05-04 53
 Toot toot toot Breezy 05-05-04 37
   They could'nt get the rights zombiebaby 05-05-04 40
       or was that big hair bands? Breezy 05-05-04 43
           Puttin' on my... zombiebaby 05-05-04 45
               Crap! Breezy 05-05-04 47
                   By the great... zombiebaby 05-05-04 50
                       *snort* Breezy 05-05-04 51
                           RE: *snort* Cuauhtewatemoccajava 05-05-04 57
                               RE: *snort* shedevil 05-05-04 58
                               Where have all the good guys gone? Mistral 05-06-04 62
                                   RE: Where have all the good guys go... anotherkim 05-06-04 63
                                       RE: Where have all the good guys go... stormysatan 05-06-04 64
                                       RE: Where have all the good guys go... JOSHIDOL 05-06-04 65
                                           RE: Where have all the good guys go... Bebo 05-06-04 66
                                           RE: Where have all the good guys go... toddE 05-06-04 68
                                               RE: Where have all the good guys go... anninvt2002 05-06-04 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-04, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
*IF* it's Diana, George, and La Toya in the bottom three, and that's a big IF, and *IF* the producers have any say, and I'm not sure they do, then Diana will go. I'm basing that on Simon's antagonism for her.

What the heck does he mean when he says she's an "old soul?" Does he mean she's too young age wise to be singing the adult songs or does he mean she's simply too polished and wise beyond her years to be so young singing those songs? As if she were a reborn soul?

05-05-04, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Simon's mood swings..."
if we backtracked to Movie Nights... he made a comment regarding these young ones trying to be old... But these kids have to try being old just to get the soul in these songs (Big Band, Barry, Elton, Motown, others)...

I think what Simon meant is that she's young for that song? I have to go...

Bad me... slacking when I have to work... Gotta go...

05-05-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Simon's mood swings..."
<Simon meant is that she's young for that song

Well then, why didn't he just say that again? "Old soul" means wise beyond years, and Diana certainly isn't that.

I like Simon and think he's dead on most of the time. However, making a statement like that and not giving specific advice on ways to improve isn't fair.

What were the kids supposed to do? Big Band songs were about love and other adult themes.

Sorry - Simon's on my list this AM.

Thanks for the interpretation.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simon's mood swings..."
Her voice is more mature than her look is what I took it to mean. She's like Leann Rimes in that respect...it's hard to put the voice with the face and the look.

I don't think of it as a slam. I think he is right on.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--big band night--what a totally lame idea

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Simon's mood swings..."
I agree that's the way I took it too.

05-05-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
6. "Yeah..."
what Anotherkim said exactly... I just realized what I was saying made no sense... I was making comment of Simon's mood swings 'cause he used to think these kids were not acting on their age but when Diana did act beyond her years, Simon acknowledged it... I think it was more of a compliment (like what they said...)

my six dif'rent flava

05-05-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
7. "Again... I made no sense..."
In my opinion, it's good to act and sing beyond her years just for tonight's theme... That made a big difference against Jas...

my six dif'rent flava

05-05-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Yeah..."
I could have sworn Diana said, "Ok, I'll take that."

Randy piped in with, "That's a compliment." If he did say that, he interpreted Simon to mean "great voice that doesn't fit with her youth." I would concur.

BUT..........

Simon shook his head and said, "No, it's not." I definitely thought it was a slam on Diana.

Does anyone have it on tape to verify if that's what happened?

okaychatt, still a bit dazed and confused.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-05-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Yeah..."
I think what he meant was she had an old voice for 16 meaning she did well on Big bAnd night but ultimately when you think of the American Idol you certainly do not think of Big Band. Lets think back in this competition in the beginning weeks when they sang more songs like Soul, Motown and even Movie night, I do not think her comments were great and thats when she wwas landing in the Bottom 3.
That is how I intepreted what he said. Like a 16 year old should not be shining on a Big Band Judy Garland song but possibly she should be able to sing I don't know a pop type song which I think he meant she could not handle.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-04, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Yeah..."
I just rewound last nights show and watch that. When Randy said "That's a compliment", Siman said "No, it's not a compliment"

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "I found you!"
*smooch*

runs away giggling

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
Wouldn't it be nice if we could even HEAR what Simon says, or what he means by what he says without the audience or Paula jumping all over him?

I know Simon can be crude, but that's the British way, isn't it? He says what he means, and he's usually right, but not candy coated. Yet, our audiences, full of people who are related to or know the finalists, are allowed to scream and carry on and drown out whatever the judges say if they don't like it.

Seems that the powers that be could regulate it a bit better. I think Simon meant that she is trying to sing songs too old for her, like she's an old woman in a young body. It would have been nice to know what he meant from his own mouth.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

05-05-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
<It would have been nice to know what he meant from his own mouth.

Exactly! If we're confused, imagine what Diana is wondering. Simon needs to get specific about things she can change. She can't change her age, and she wouldn't want to change her "power house" voice. That leaves her with song choices, which Simon hasn't agreed with either. He absolutely, positively doesn't want to market her as an AI winner.

05-05-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
12. "The only way we can only understand..."
Simon when it comes to Diana is when she will make it on the Final 3 for the Judges' Choice Week... Probably, Simon will choose a song for Diana that he believes that might suit her...

I don't care at all who's gonna make it in Final 3...

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-04, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The only way we can only understand..."
I hope it does not come to that.
I would like Diana to go as she does not belong to the group anymore.
maybe, we can just shorten the season by crownnig Latoya next week. It seems that the contest is leading to that.

05-05-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
14. "The judges are too obvious..."
with that... and they even made comments about the ages when in fact they put them there...

my six dif'rent flava

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Diana and Simon"
>Simon absolutely, positively doesn't want to market her as an
>AI winner.

He doesn't have to -- the "Simon" who would have that marketing task is show creator Simon Fuller of 19 Productions, not Simon Cowell. Simon Cowell has no affiliation with RCA Records in the U.S.

05-06-04, 08:39 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Diana and Simon"
Thanks, Ayak. I get the three Simons confused sometimes.

Does Simon C. have a financial interest in the AI tour? He and Simon Fuller (Pop Idol) were the ones that pitched the idea to Fox. If his personal bank account is at stake in any way, he'd be more motivated to get the most saleable product.

05-06-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Diana and Simon"
Yes Simon Cowell does have an interest in it. I think he has a big say in who wins. Its so obvious he wants Latoya and Latoya it will be.
Has anyone noticed or even looked at the Frequently asked questions about voting.. After they give the rules it says Rules and procedures can be changed at the discretion of the producer without notice.
So isn't this basically saying that if they decide one week that say the highest vote goes home instead of the lowest vote, they can do that without telling anyone???

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Only a Bottom 2 tonite"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-04 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-05-04 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Well, no bottom 3 any longer

George and Jasmine are the bottom 2

They're singing again both of them...

George--Cheek to Cheek

Jasmine--The Way you Look Tonite

emydi

05-05-04, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "And..."
...another commercial before the results.

Both sounded a little nervous during their songs.

05-05-04, 08:53 PM (EST)
20. "Bye George"
That's what two bad weeks will do to you...

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Bye George"

and 2 sweat stained armpits.

05-05-04, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Bye George"
that's what my man said too

hey z what'z up???

emydi

05-05-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Bye George"

This show is getting harder to watch. I don't think I would if not for the fun I have here.

No volleyball tonight?

05-05-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Bye George"
nope, that's tues.--wed. I'm home for your reading enjoyment

emydi

05-05-04, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Bye George"
That's what two bad weeks will do to you...

If that was the case Jasmine would've been booted after the second time she performed.

05-06-04, 08:41 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Bye George"
True. So why does Jasmine get away with bad weeks every week?

I tell you, there's no justice in this world.

05-05-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
17. "Geez..."
...One group song, "Boogie Wonderland," as prep for Disco Week ... and ads, ads, ads.

05-05-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Geez..."
Did you notice that Diana was driving, isn't she the only one not old enough?

05-05-04, 08:57 PM (EST)
26. "I thought..."
...she had her driver's license. She's 16, isn't she? In Georgia, you can get learner's permits at 15 and your license at 16.

05-05-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
29. "RE: I thought..."

My bad! In NY I think to have it you need to be 17.

05-05-04, 09:09 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Geez..."
Did you notice that Diana was driving, isn't she the only one not old enough?

What I noticed was George was just an afterthought in that video, coincidence? I think not.

05-05-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
21. "You know..."
I think he would have done really well next week with disco. I would have loved to have heard him sing some Earth, Wind and Fire.

They all keep leaving before a week they would do well at...

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "ooooh"
I'd love me some Earth, Wind and Fire!

05-05-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
36. "Look out!"
Breezy is here to pull me into some mischief!

Earth, Wind and Fire is some of my favorite stuff!

05-05-04, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Lvoe them!"
They put on an awesome show!!!!

Me? Get into mischief?

05-05-04, 09:09 PM (EST)
41. "U, at least"

have a disguise to hide from Bebo!

05-05-04, 08:54 PM (EST)
22. "MALE HATERS"
ITS a conspiracy...

POOR george

He's still smiling.....

emydi

05-05-04, 08:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: MALE HATERS"
I predict a female Idol winner

05-05-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
35. "RE: MALE HATERS"
Ya think?

Hi Zombiebaby!!!!

Poor George, I will miss him.

05-05-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
44. "nope, not so fast..."
I hear there was a miscount last week and john's coming back

05-05-04, 09:15 PM (EST)
46. "RE: nope, not so fast..."
good! Just in time for disco, he should nail it!

05-05-04, 09:17 PM (EST)
48. "RE: nope, not so fast..."
no, he'll sing a Sinatra song disco style...

05-05-04, 09:19 PM (EST)
49. "yup"
Because it's how you sing it, not who or when it was sung. I think they proved that this week.

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: nope, not so fast..."
I don't think it'd have been an accidental miscount. Possibly some Jennifer Hudson fan at the voting company going berserker over the message votes and sending a couple million of them to the shredders. Although, I must say, there're probably lots of B-grade thrills to be had from watching John Stevens perform Disco...

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: nope, not so fast..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-04 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Just the thought of Jon Stevens singing disco reminds me of a band from around here, Dread Zeppelin.
They do Led Zeppelin songs in a reggae style with an Elvis impersonator lead singer. They’re really great. Interesting blend.
Edited to add:
Just imagine Elvis singing “Hey hey momma, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove” with a reggae beat.

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: MALE HATERS"
I am so sad to see George go. I didn't think he'd get to number one with LaToya being everyone's hotshot, but I wish he would have stayed a week or so longer. I so enjoyed him on Monday's show and last night, too.

Maybe he'll get a contract and put out a CD soon.

Next week, it will probably be one of the kids.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

05-05-04, 09:27 PM (EST)
52. "Jasmine..."
will probably be gone by next week... Upbeat songs are her weakness and she's only good for melodic (not power) ballads...

Diana will sound/look great (and praised by Randy intensely) eventhough she'll shout, screech and scream throughout the whole songs... Plus maybe some of the audience (including Randy) will be hypnotized by Diana's jiggly-tummy...

LaToya is fixed for Final 3 since she'll sound great in Donna Summers as proven in her "Rhythm's Gonna Get You"...

Fantasia, on the other hand, will sound screwed like she did with "Get On Your Feet," and in this time, she'll gonna rake more votes by squealing "WE LOVE YOU, GEORGE!!!" But still, she'll be praised by the judges to let her through for Final 3... We might see an encore of her pair of flopper...

my six dif'rent flava

05-06-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
61. "RE: MALE HATERS"
<Next week, it will probably be one of the kids.

Of the four left, it had better be a Fantasia and La Toya finale. Of course, that would mean America's voting on the basis of who can actually sing in key fairly consistently. My hopes are not high.

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: MALE HATERS"
Its only one off from the previous 2 seasons.
Season one had 1 male out of the final 4 and season 2 had 1 female out of the final 4, this season was just 1 male out of the final 5. Unfortunatly, the men this year were not up to par, except George, which I did think should have been in at least one more week.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
Let me go out on a limb here and guess that a woman will win ...

© J Slice, who rocks
"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words" Proverbs 23-9

31. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
I beat ya by 1 minute!

32. "As it should be"
Since the best singers among the finalists were women, a woman SHOULD win. Too bad for George, because he was great at the start of the competition, but he really faltered with his illness --- I can't say that he was treated unfairly based on gender.

05-05-04, 09:36 PM (EST)
53. "RE: 5/5: Big Band Result Show *SPOILERS*"
What's really interesting is that the judges were saying it was going to be a woman during the auditions.

05-05-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
37. "Toot toot toot"
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I did vote George to be booted in the boot thread.

Why was there no singing montage tonight? Is it because they didn't actually make them learn big band songs this year?

05-05-04, 09:07 PM (EST)
40. "They could'nt get the rights"
to "Every Rose Has a Thorn" by Poison.

*you do know it is the epitome of Big Band?*

05-05-04, 09:10 PM (EST)
43. "or was that big hair bands?"
What about "Wait"? I think White Lion did that one. or ooohhhhh about "When the children cry"..... yeah that's a good one

05-05-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
45. "Puttin' on my..."

white boots over black spandex. Should I wear the purple Flashdance sweatshirt or the neon pink fringe shirt?

Gotta any Stiff Stuff hair spray?

05-05-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
47. "Crap!"
I thought for sure it was going to say Ritz when I opened your post.

Remember that one? Putting on the Ritz...

Don't forget to wear a couple pair of slouch socks and I would go with the Flashdance sweatshirt.

05-05-04, 09:21 PM (EST)
50. "By the great..."
Taco!

Dressed up like a million dollar trooper, super dooper!

Now that is a John Steven's song.

Do you still have my leg warmers?

05-05-04, 09:25 PM (EST)
51. "*snort*"
Yes!!! That song.... LOL.

John would have done great with that song.

Yes I still have them, it's cold here. I'll return them when it warms up here.

Should I put my side pony tail on the left or the right? hmmmmm I just can't decide.

Cuauhtewatemoccajava 133 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to send private message to Cuauhtewatemoccajava Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: *snort*"
>>>>What's really interesting is that the judges were saying it was going to be a woman during the auditions.

When looking at the obvious vast array of male talent this season, was that really such a bold prediction?

05-05-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
58. "RE: *snort*"
When looking at the obvious vast array of male talent this season, was that really such a bold prediction?

Well that's kind of hard to say considering they only show us who they want us to see during auditions.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Where have all the good guys gone?"
You're right...there weren't very many good guys this year, and the ones I thought were good didn't even get a spot in the final 32.

But I'm not sorry to see George go; I had just about enough of his "infectious" (to me irriatating) personality and I never thought he was a good enough singer to advance as far as he did. But then again, I could say the same about Jasmine.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
I agree. George was "sparkly" on the personality and I think people still rooted for him from teh "you look too old " thing. That can only take you so far. His facial expressions, like Jennifer Hudson's, were a big turn-off in close-ups. Then add in his gravelly voice problems and he was definitely NOT top 2 material.

I still think Jasmine was worse this week, but I can live with George going. It was just a matter of this week or next, IMO.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--practice singing in front of a mirror, people!!!!!

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
Yes, George was better than Jasmine .
But Diana was the worst of them all.

05-06-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
Well you talk about facial expressions, how much longer will we have to endure 1) Diana's beer gut, 2) Fantasia's duck lips, 3) Jasmine's fake smile and flower and 4)Latoya's lack of expression??????????
Come on those 4 girls left.. Lets see if ratings slip down. Maybe Fox will stir up another controversy next week by sedning Fantasia home. We already know Latoya is the winner, there is already a Website for her ad the American Idol winnder.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
there is already a Website for her ad the American Idol winnder.

Link, please?

I'm one of those silly people who doesn't believe that everything you read on the Internet is the truth, so I like to check out sources for myself.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
I never like when a group becomes just one gender, but as stated, the guys this season weren't very good (and they weren't during the first season either) although I only began watching once they had the final 12.

I do think George was clearly the weakest of the top 5, and Jasmine won't go much further. Can the chubby cherub win? I wouldn't like it but I can honestly see it happening, and we'll have our first AI selling out in Branson. Fantasia's controversial, LaToya is too slick and Jasmine is both too mellow and too girly.

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Where have all the good guys gone?"
I was wondering what this group of final four or for that matter the top 10 will do for the ticket sales for summer tour. After the final last year we couldnt wait to get tickets to see Clay and Rueben. Not so this year, I wouldnt pay to see the concert with these top 10.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •