The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Stillniowa 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-14-06, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stillniowa Click to send private message to Stillniowa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Vanzant explains that she turned down the first offer from "Starting Over" because of her daughter's illness. But when they contact- ed her again in the spring of 2004, Vanzant decided to accept when she found out the producers of "Starting Over" were moving the show from Chicago to Los Angeles.

"I was in the middle of grieving my daughter's death, and the thing that really helped me make the decision was that had my daughter not died, she was going to move to Los Angeles," says Vanzant, "I thought, well,maybe there is something I need to do, see, or be, so that's how I came to be on the second season.

"NBC's "Starting Over," now in its third season, is a reality show featuring women of ranging backgrounds who live together as
they work on personal issues and goals. (The Daytime Emmy award-winning show is pro- duced by Bunim-Murray Productions, who created such reality hits as "Real World" and " The Simple Life.") Vanzant is partnered with life coach Rhonda Britten and psychologist Dr. Stanley J. Katz to work with the house- mates, preparing them to re-enter the world with renewed life purpose. Vanzant's coach- ing style is particularly poignant, with a "no- bull" attitude mixed with understanding and clarity.

"She saved my life," said Allison Stanley,39, a "Starting Over" housemate whose battle with breast cancer was documented on the show. "She kept me spiritually connected and it has really given me power -- our bond is just very special." Stanley explains that she believes Vanzant was at first resistant to work with her because she was still dealing with her daughter's death.

"Allison really helped me make peace with cancer," agrees Vanzant. "I was really, really angry with cancer, whatever that is, for taking my daughter, and I had to heal that within myself to work with Allison."

When asked about her plans for the future, Vanzant explains that "Starting Over" is "another experience on the path."
"I don't know how long it will last, I don't need to know," says Vanzant with a deep chuckle. "If it's two years, fine, if it's nine years -- great. If it's next week, I'm cool with that too."
When not working in Los Angeles, Vanzant lives with her husband, Adeyemi, in their home just outside Annapolis, and con- tinues to teach at Inner Visions Worldwide

Here's the link if you want to read more....http://www.smartwomanonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=83&Itemid=72

It just makes me sick that Ally exploited this instead of embracing and learning from her.......

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Destineeny 01-14-06 1
   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Jumbo Shrimp 01-14-06 2
   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... deededell 01-14-06 3
       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Jumbo Shrimp 01-14-06 4
       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... OklaBlue 01-14-06 9
           RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... EnfanTerrible 01-14-06 10
               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... deededell 01-14-06 13
 RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... mishamimi 01-14-06 5
   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... AshLanie 01-14-06 6
 RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Sierra1947 01-14-06 7
   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... ForeverHotBabe 01-19-06 23
 RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... SOfan0221 01-14-06 8
   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... shayshay1 01-14-06 11
       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... maria12100 01-14-06 12
           RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... flexy633 01-14-06 16
               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Jumbo Shrimp 01-14-06 17
       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Kattrikk 01-14-06 14
           RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Bmw4mom 01-14-06 15
           RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... mishamimi 01-14-06 18
               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... SOWayz 01-15-06 19
                   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... tioluis100 01-15-06 20
                       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Jumbo Shrimp 01-15-06 21
                           RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... snowflake2 01-16-06 22
                               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... OklaBlue 01-20-06 24
                               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... Anne18 01-20-06 25
                               RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... SeasonedRefinement 01-20-06 26
                                   RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... OklaBlue 01-20-06 27
                                       RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I ... deededell 01-21-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Destineeny 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-14-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Destineeny Click to send private message to Destineeny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Why are you so upset that Iyanla had such a special connection with Allison? I realize (after reading a few older posts) that there are many out there who don't like Allison, but after reading what you posted I can see the dynamic differently. It isn't just about two people on a TV show, but about two people that are brought together by more than chance. It's sort of a case of 'life coach - heal thyself'.
I don't know if Allison was really healed or helped or changed through her 2 tries at the starting over house but it seems like Iyanla was changed or healed.. and isn't that enough?
And who cares if Iyanla has a favorite.. everyone picks favorites. All grandparents, parents, teachers, etc has favorites.. and don't lie.. you know you do so I don't see a problem there either. As long as Iyanla continues to give the same level of energy and interest to the rest of her housemates then there is no harm done.

Destinee

Jumbo Shrimp 1181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-14-06, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to send private message to Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Yes Allie is special.

deededell 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-14-06, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."

I agree that Iyanla having a stronger bond with Allison does not mean that she and Allison are the most horrific of people. Yet, you are wrong if you think it did not affect any of the other housemates. I think the most outstanding example of Iyanla's favortism being taken out on the other hgs was when Jill tried to tell her how Allison was treating her (Jill) and TJ and Iyanla just went way off the deepend. She called a group meeting and just dared anyone to speak against Allison. From that point forward every hgs just had to deal with their issues with Allison because there was no way that Iyanla would allow Allison to be picked on. Until Dr. Stan got fed up. That is why this board (in my opinion) has been so tough on Allison. She was a bully. It was only until Dr. Stan stood up to her that anyone made the SO house not "Allison's place". I'm gonna go on a limb here and just guess that the majority of the posters are people who like fairness. This season of SO is such a mockery of fairness, authenticity (sorry about the spelling), and genuine sisterhood that it is laughable. Allison left her mark on that house, but I think it one infamous mark and not a famous mark.

01-14-06, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to send private message to Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Thank you deededell !! You get a standing ovation!!
"Infamous" proven by Allie the scammer again. Glad you had the energy to post xox.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

D: I also agree with the statement that most people here want fairness. A counselor or therapist is supposed to know that the person they counsel will transfer affections to them. They are not supposed to get caught up in a return. They are supposed to have their own therapist if needed for that. It's sort of unethical. But then, considering that LC's are NOT psychologists, NOT licensed, maybe it's okay. Sort of more like a good friend exhange. It is something to think about, however, if they discriminate one client against another.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."

Nope. It's ok to admit a special connection.

01-14-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deededell Click to send private message to deededell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."

Enfan,

I do think it is okay for their to be a connection between a LC and a HG. Matter of fact I think it would be really unreasonable to think that connections would not happen. What I think is wrong with the Allison/Iyanla dynamic is this. Iyanla became obsessed with Allison and that clouded her vision with all the other hgs. Therefore, I think that Iyanla completly shortchanges all other hgs because they could not open up completly,

mishamimi 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-14-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mishamimi Click to send private message to mishamimi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Stillniowa, your posting has given me a new perspective on this. I did not know a lot about Iyanla and the death of her daughter. She is not a therapist,per se, but due to the type of helping relationship she had with Allison, she is subject to one of the great pitfalls of being a therapist: transference and counter-transference. The first is when the client sees the therapist as someone else (mom, dad, ex-husband, authority figure) and the second is when the therapist sees the client as someone else. (spouse,child, etc)

It all makes sense! No one, not even a strong person, can escape the pain of loss and its accompanying grieving process. Iyanla was bamboozled by Allison because of her own pain....in some way Allison became her daughter. Grief makes even the smartest and the strongest vulnerable.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-14-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 07:55 AM (EST)

Tagging On;

My question is this:

Did they bring Allison on to *heal* IV or what?

Sure sounds like it.

Allison whole storyline was suppose to be in memory of the female producer (Mary Burnim) who died of cancer half way through the first season......I am sure she isn't happy how it all was protrayed..

Sad how that little tidbit got lost and it became all about IV healing.

Sierra1947 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-14-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sierra1947 Click to send private message to Sierra1947 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-06 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

I have to step out of the box on one thing here regarding Iylana. She has the ability to dive deep into the soul of the person without all the fluff. I have been an admirer of her since she appeared on Oprah and have read so many of her books, of which, helped me climb the ladder of life.

Although I am not a fan of Allison especially this season, whatever helped Iylana grieve her daughter or deal with the cancer her daughter was living while counseling Allison through her lose of body parts because of cancer ... well more strength and peace for Iylana.

We all need someone to help us get through difficult situations in life even if we have the ability to counsel others through their own pain. Everyone is human ... even doctors go to other doctors when sick.

Since season 1 I have been able to relate to a little piece here and there of me in a lot of women on the show. Once Iylana came on last year, her strength of pulling up the pain from deep within the toes ... has helped me so much to deal with my past, pain etc. of life.

ForeverHotBabe 84 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ForeverHotBabe Click to send private message to ForeverHotBabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
I so agree with u Sierra1947. Its not a suprise that Ilanya bonded with Allison. My GOD her daughter died of cancer. And like u said she is only human like we all are. I too have read 3 of her books and she has helped me spiritually. I have had many revelations in my life and I an better for it. In a way she has helped save my life. I would love to meet her and just hear her talk in the flesh. She has such a presence and that voice just makes u want to stand up and listen to whatever she has to say. IV has been through PURE HELL!! From what I have read in her books, she is lucky to even be alive today! She is my inspiration, my guardian angel, my spiritual adviser. IV if u read these post, than GOD for U!! I learn lessons everyday. There is Value In The Valley! Im learning to be honest with myself, to not beat myself up about the past, to forgive all in my life, and I sit and listen to the voice in my head, that voice, u know what I am talking about, your inner voice your intuition, your Soul, GOD. That voice that tells u what is true for u and u must follow. I have been following her and beleive me what she says is true. Some books u read can be full of sh**, or u just dont relate or beleive a word they are saying. But with IV what she has been teaching is tur in my life for example I just realized that the negatibe thoughts I had for myself and putting out in the universe has come back to me in abusive people. And the people around me are mirrors of myself so I can not hate these people but forgive them amd realize that they were just treating me how they were treated in life, through their own experiences. And how we do not want to upset or make someone mad or bring conflict with someone. Evene though u know its wrong but we stll do it anyway. I cant live my life like that anymore, and I am NOT!! Thank GOD for u IV I truely Love You for what u have done for me and my life. Even though Allison does not 'get it' she is greatful to have had IV in her life and to have her teach her the value of love and life.

Thank You Iyanla You Are A True Godsent And Angel

Much Love,
K

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-14-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
I always 'knew' (I use the term loosely because it was more of a gut feeling than a 100% I Know) that the connection between Allison and Iyanla had a root in the cancer. I also felt the same way when Iyanla had Rachael whose mother died of cancer.

Even though I felt there was a strong connection between the two I also felt Iyanla went way overboard with her tolerance of Allison's actions while condenming those of some of the other HG's she had under her guidance. Allison was not a better woman BECAUSE she had cancer, she was a woman who HAD cancer.

While I understand why she did what she did with Allison it doesn't negate that she treated Allison differently than she did her other girls and that is so wrong on so many levels.

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-14-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shayshay1 Click to send private message to shayshay1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
It's very obvious that Rhonda and IV have their favorites, but in all reality while IV was healing through Allison, she totally failed Allsion as a life coach, Allison left that house a total mess, Allison didn't gain nothing being IV's favorite, cause shes a big time loser and con. so what is this show saying if your IV's client and have cancer or had cancer or someone close you , you've lost because of cancer you will be treated with kids gloves on, and the rest lookout.

maria12100 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-14-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maria12100 Click to send private message to maria12100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
I doubt Alison was brought to the show to help Iyanla heal, it was a decision from Iyanla to take Ali on as a personal coach.

As for why there's been so much hate towards Alison, I had no idea it was based on that one day when Jill and TJ were put on the spot for their GOSSIP. If I recal correctly Iyanla put everyone on the spot not just Jill and TJ. Jill and TJ just happen to be the biggest gossipers in the house. And when you talk crap it always comes out in the open.

I admire Ali and Iyanla two beautiful strong women.

flexy633 234 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flexy633 Click to send private message to flexy633 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Wow, we must be watching different shows! Jill and TJ are certainly not the biggest gossipers in the house. Christina, Jessica, and especially Lisa1 are by far worse than anyone else.

01-14-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Yeah,different shows.Lets be clear,hate is an emoition I have done without.It will consume any good a person may have.So,no.I don't hate Aliiscam.I do think people that use hardship or illness for self gain are bad.People that abuse a situation for more self gain are bad.People that walk one way and talk in another are just to be left by themselves.I would prefer people of character,of truth,and so on.The money, can't buy you anything that is of value.
Allibull put herself out there.Her histrionics and steel magnolia BS is very amusing, and,at times, just hysterically funny.If she doesn't want the scrutiny,stay out of the TV.But allisin,like a moth,is addicted to the spotlight.So the fun continuesNo hate here

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-14-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
>in all reality while IV
>was healing through Allison, she
>totally failed Allsion as a
>life coach, Allison left that
>house a total mess, Allison
>didn't gain nothing being IV's
>favorite,

Yes!

This is where the problem of favorites comes in. Special connections are great, but this is different. What went on between Allison and IV was a parasitic relationship for them both but it was cleverly disguised as a special bond. IV used Allison and God bless the woman for moving on after losing her daughter, but to use your CLIENT is just no good. No good at all. IV used Allison to satisfy her need to make sense of cancer. Allison desperately needed to be liked. They fed off each other. The problem is this- like shayshay said, Allison was failed. Whether you like her or not isn't the point. IV failed Allison as a life coach because their relationship was too personal. That's not how therapy works.

Bmw4mom 140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bmw4mom Click to send private message to Bmw4mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
A special connection with one person is ok as long as it does not cloud your judgement with other people who need your help as well. That did not happen this season however. Her bias opinion of Allison effected the way she coached others in the SOH. IV was okay and supported whatever they were feeling as long as it do not portray Allison in a negative light.

I agree with Kattrikk in what she said about "IV failed Allison as a life coach because their relationship was too personal".

mishamimi 55 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-06, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mishamimi Click to send private message to mishamimi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
"IV failed Allison as a life coach because their relationship was too personal. That's not how therapy works"

Well said and I agree.....thing is, I do not think many people operating within the therapeutic or quasi-therapeutic realms have the skills to master the transference and counter-transference. This is what happens if you do not. The bird stays on the rocks.

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-15-06, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
You're right. This was yet another of Allison's failed relationships. Because of the sympathetic entanglements, Iyanla failed in her defined role, and Allison continued with her messed up life. They both lost, and this was a detriment to the show.

tioluis100 98 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tioluis100 Click to send private message to tioluis100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-06 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-15-06 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

This is in reference to another post I read but can't find right now, it relates to the Ali dislike so i'll post it here...

let me ask, if Ali is not liked partly for the way she left (not wanting to) is Andy Paige also not liked here? She made a huge scene when she was told she was graduating and it wasn't a positive one. Josie from last season also wan't excited about leaving, she seemed resistant but smiled.

I happen to think Ali's response to leaving was very real and i'd bet MOST of the women who graduated felt the way Ali did they just hid that emotion and sucked it up. Ali's reaction wasn't shocking to me or disgusting, it was human to me and a very real one. I appreciate her for being real and showing she was scared out of her wits to leave. I dont think it had anything to do with her wanting to be on TV either. You dont do the quivering lip shake cry only for TV LoL.

01-15-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Allisin's 'crimes' are tooo many to list.But taking peoples money on her website, that just preying on peoples sympathy and wrong on the most basic of levels.Better use for that money would have been for the St.Judes childrens hospital,not for wigs,

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-16-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Well, let's remember that Allison was on the show much much longer than Andy Paige, and even Josie. I'd say she had ample time to "prepare" for leaving. And no woman before her did what she did, which was to basically refuse to leave. She was totally unrealistic in thinking she could just stay indefinitely. Also, I think part of the surrounding Allison's refusal to pack her bags stems from the fact that she DIDN'T DO A D@MN THING to work on any of her issues while she was at the house, so why was she even there?

For instance, Allison was in the house close to a year. It is obvious Allison was aware of her money problems, but instead spending that time working to fix her spending issues, she just lolled around the house with the same old "I'm fat, I'm ugly" pouts, in the hope someone would tell her she was really thin, and just had body dysmorphic disorder. She didn't even earn any of the "steps" they gave her...how long did she expect the charade to last?

I do think losing "the cameras" was a big part of the reason she didn't want to leave. Also, she probably wanted to wait to graduate until her bankruptcy was finalized so she could be sure she could keep the $2500 "gift" as spending $$$.

And why the h*ll did she throw her head back and laugh when Rhonda announced she was also receiving "debt counseling" as part of her graduation gift? Why in the world should that be so amusing to a woman in her financial position???

01-20-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
For those who like Allison, here's a link to a page with a photo of Allison and Iyanla together.

http://crystaldempsey.blogspot.com/

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
>And why the h*ll did she
>throw her head back and
>laugh when Rhonda announced she
>was also receiving "debt counseling"
>as part of her graduation
>gift? Why in the
>world should that be so
>amusing to a woman in
>her financial position???

EXACTLY my thought too (which I posted somewhere in the threads). I mean, Allison laughed as if SO gave her a gift of ummm eyelashes and she laughed as if it was an inside joke (like with Jill)! What is so funny Allison?

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
"she just lolled around the house with the same old "I'm fat, I'm ugly" pouts, in the hope someone would tell her she was really thin, and just had body dysmorphic disorder.

Haha! Snowflake, do you know how many times that exact thought went through my head?

Yes, Allison was a fraud of the highest order. If Iyanla, who is by far the more decent individual, received some comfort or peace through her connection with Allison, then that's great.

The big negative was the way this translated to the other HG's.

Not only were Iyanla and her daughter, Gemmia, very close on a personal level, but they also worked together. I cannot imagine the torment that Iyanla has endured in watching her 31 year-old daughter failing in the prime of her life, and ultimately watching her die.

Iyanla was back counseling within a year. That may have been too soon to take on an Allison. I have never believed that it was Allison's wonderful personality that caused the bond to develop between the two women - so Allison can forget the self-flattery. It was her story, her physical condition, and the timing that made Iyanla accept Allison as a part of her own healing.

Because it was the mothering part of Iyanla that was wounded, it only makes sense that the mothering part of her was often manifested when she dealt with Allison. Allison reaped the benefit of being under the tutelage of someone who afforded her the preferential treatment that mothers bestow on their children. Allison, being the creepy opportunist she is, saw that and exploited it for all it was worth. She loved being Iyanla VanZant's favorite.

The problems arose when Iyanla's mothering spirit reacted to those things and people she thought had hurt or offended the object of her affection - in this case, that's Allison. That should have never happened in the SO house, but it did. Cue up the "ruined birfday" episode if you still have it, or better yet, just re-read the threads from those days. I believe that Iyanala will one day, probably years from now, rethink her entire relationship with Allison.

That's my take on it.

***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***

01-20-06, 09:14 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."
Maybe so much time in the past couple months was spent on Allison that is why the remaining women are such a mess?

01-21-06, 05:14 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Allison is Ilanya's Favoirte.I found Illanya admitting to it on a website."

Oklablue,

You have hit the nail on the head. At the beginning of the season the posters on this board were screaming and I mean screaming "please show us more TJ, Chirstina, Jill. Do anything but dont keep shoving down our throat Allison and Jessica." It was so very apparent that Iyanla was only going to coach Allison and Rhonda/Jessica. Now that they have all left there are 3 ladies in the house that have had to fend for themselves and you know what they are just the same as they were when they got there. Rhonda and Iyanla are scrathing their heads asking what is wrong with these women. Well, to be blunt often when your down by 3 and there is only 2min on the clock the best thing to do is to step back and punt.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •