The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-01-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
I just received my EW magazine today in the mail.

The top six are shown on the cover.

The picture on page 24, wow, they all look hot. I'd love to hear the gay idol journal comments on these outfits.

The article is by a writer who went behind the scenes on the week that JHud got voted out. Very interesting info.

Right after the article is an article entitiled "The reality of Race" which doesn't interest me cause I don't think there's racism involved in the voting on AI. If there were, Ruben wouldn't have won last year.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... idlegossip 05-01-04 1
   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... rjrabbit 05-01-04 4
 Someone... Goooey_Alley 05-01-04 2
   RE: Someone... rjrabbit 05-01-04 3
   RE: Someone... nailbone 05-03-04 22
       I might have seen a reversed side..... Goooey_Alley 05-03-04 24
           RE: I might have seen a reversed si... idlegossip 05-04-04 44
               RE: I might have seen a reversed si... shedevil 05-04-04 46
               I think... Goooey_Alley 05-04-04 47
                   RE: I think... shedevil 05-04-04 48
 RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... theincrediblehugey 05-01-04 5
   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... rjrabbit 05-01-04 6
       RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... Goooey_Alley 05-03-04 23
   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-01-04 7
       RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... rjrabbit 05-01-04 8
       I actually read that part somewhere... Goooey_Alley 05-02-04 9
       RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... stormysatan 05-02-04 11
           RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-02-04 12
   If I'm not mistaken, Goooey_Alley 05-02-04 10
   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... true 05-03-04 13
       RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-03-04 14
           RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... true 05-03-04 15
               RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-03-04 16
                   I'm confused Drive My Car 05-03-04 25
                       RE: I'm confused pheeann 05-03-04 29
                           Thanks! Drive My Car 05-03-04 31
                               RE: Thanks! true 05-03-04 34
                                   RE: Thanks! Loquatrix 05-03-04 40
                               RE: Thanks! shedevil 05-03-04 35
                                   RE: Thanks! anotherkim 05-03-04 41
                   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... idlegossip 05-04-04 45
               RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... stormysatan 05-03-04 17
                   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... bob_chester 05-03-04 20
               RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... hunniebunns 05-03-04 18
               Wowee... Goooey_Alley 05-03-04 19
               RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... bob_chester 05-03-04 21
                   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-03-04 26
                       'Cause... Goooey_Alley 05-03-04 27
                           RE: 'Cause... shedevil 05-03-04 28
                       RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... bob_chester 05-03-04 30
                           RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... Drive My Car 05-03-04 32
                           RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-03-04 33
                               RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... true 05-03-04 36
                                   RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and ... shedevil 05-03-04 37
 Rules of the playground Bebo 05-03-04 38
   RE: Rules of the playground Drive My Car 05-03-04 39
   RE: Rules of the playground anotherkim 05-03-04 42
       RE: Rules of the playground Mysterious Jedi 05-03-04 43
           RE: Rules of the playground ankerdosh 05-04-04 49
               RE: Rules of the playground zombiebaby 05-04-04 50
               RE: Rules of the playground shedevil 05-04-04 51
               RE: Rules of the playground theincrediblehugey 05-04-04 54
                   RE: Rules of the playground zombiebaby 05-04-04 55
                       RE: Rules of the playground theincrediblehugey 05-04-04 57
   Who wants to get on Breezy 05-04-04 52
       RE: Who wants to get on zombiebaby 05-04-04 53
           RE: Who wants to get on Breezy 05-04-04 58
   RE: Rules of the playground theincrediblehugey 05-04-04 56
       RE: Rules of the playground Bebo 05-04-04 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-04, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Rj, I've meant to tell you that I think your little rabbit is so cute! My daughter got one for Christmas that looks much like it.

As for the story, it seems they are all sending out their reporters now to see what they can scoop, huh? This season has been controversial since the try-outs, if anyone was watching. I suppose that all this publicity will help the remaining bunch, anyway.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

05-01-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Thanks. I like my little rabbit too.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-01-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Someone..."
wrote an article about racism in American Idol in foxesinidol.com and he made valid points why the race issue is insignificant and irrelevant in this show...

About the photos... I haven't seen the mag but had seen scans all over the net. (...the gals had oiled legs, with George on the right side with Jas, while LaToya and John on the other...) they all looked great!!! George looked like Lou Vega (the one who sang Mambo No. 5) with that hat...

my six dif'rent flava

05-01-04, 09:00 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Someone..."
That's the picture but whoever scanned it, reversed it. In the magazine George and Jas are on the left and Latoya and John are on the right. You're right, their legs to looked oiled up.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Someone..."
Where did you find a scan of it?

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

05-03-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "I might have seen a reversed side..."
Or my lack of sleep starts to kick in...

Here's the photos...

my six dif'rent flava

05-04-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: I might have seen a reversed side..."
I am not a Fantasia fanatic, and in fact, I don't know who I want in the top spot yet, but she looks fantastic compared to the rest. I know a lot of people have the Macy Gray opinion, and I am not sure I'd listen to her tunes myself, but she has really, really improved as the weeks wear on. What is that crazy getup that LaToya is wearing? Maybe my hesitation on really liking LaToya is her name. It's not her fault she has a Jackson moniker, right? I just see whacky clothes like this, her secretive personality, and then tonight with her hair darn near shaved off her head in the Final Five, I can't help but associate her with the loony from the Jacksons. Still, I agree she has a great voice.

Jas and Di seem very posed and artificial, and George and John come across as the most unlikely bookends, don't they?

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: I might have seen a reversed side..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-04 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-04-04 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

Now that's funny.It's a bit too short for my taste.Jasmine and Diana always seem a bit artificial to me. I like George my only problem with him is the way he gets that scared rabbit look on his face when receiving comments from the judges. Fantasia does look nice in those pics.I'm still not sold on Fantasia's voice though it doesn't bug me like it used to.

05-04-04, 00:38 AM (EST)
47. "I think..."
the girls looked like the wh*res from Mars... Looked like the gals were underlings of Power Ranger's enemies...

my six dif'rent flava

05-04-04, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: I think..."
the girls looked like the wh*res from Mars... Looked like the gals were underlings of Power Ranger's enemies...

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-04, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Gooey did you read this? Quoting from the article:

While Jasmine talks about how ''we all got new AT&T phones so my dad and my auntie and I were voting the whole time,'' Jennifer rolls her eyes. ''What, I should have a mic in one hand and a phone in the other?'' she laughs. ''I didn't vote for myself at all. No, no. I did my part.''

Your girl Jasmine is going to have a tough time surviving this week, after admitting to the media that she power votes for herself!

Maybe its just shameless product placement at Jasmine's expense, but I have a feeling that AI has decided that she's next to go. Elsewhere in the article:

As for the current group, Randy thinks Diana ''has potential,'' while Simon says anyone under 18 shouldn't be allowed to compete. (Amen!) Randy admits that John is ''the least talented, but he's the story of the underdog.'' Simon calls Jasmine a ''Hawaiian doll,'' while Randy says George ''is really talented. He's got a thing.'' If Jennifer wins, Simon says, she'll be ''a diva nightmare.'' Randy compares Fantasia to Mary J. Blige: ''If I was signing people right now, I would sign her.'' As for who will inherit Ruben's crown, Randy is betting on La Toya or Fantasia, while Simon is predicting a George and La Toya showdown. Not that he's all that thrilled about it. ''Why am I just not excited by La Toya?'' he wonders.

Simon calls Jasmine a Hawaiian doll? Like the bobbly one you put on a dashboard? No mention of her name as a potential winner though.

What do you bet Simon's comments on Jasmine's performance this week is the "kiss of death" line, "I've just realized who you remind me of..."

05-01-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
I was just trying to think of who he could possibly say she looks like and I'm stumped. Shall we see if we can come up with a prediction on who she looks like?

05-03-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

She looks like Mulan, esp. on her side view (her nose)...

my six dif'rent flava

05-01-04, 11:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
I don't know what's more pathetic, voting for yourself, or admitting to the public that you're lame enough to vote for yourself.

05-01-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
LOL! When I read that I wondered what your reaction would be!

05-02-04, 03:02 AM (EST)
9. "I actually read that part somewhere on the other boards..."
and most think it was pathetic to argue on Jasmine voting for herself. It's like a presidential candidate voting for himself/herself in the election... Even other posters diverted their attention over Jen who rolled her eyes after Jasmine's comment... I think if I were in that competition, I'd vote for myself if there's a chance... It's a million dollar contract and a chance to be a star and I'll take every opportunity to win this. I'm on the spot then why waste chances. Yes, it's desperate move but it's reality... in my opinion. At least she's honest... if you only knew what other contestants have been doing that time. (It's not only Jas who does that... and most don't want to admit it.)

my six dif'rent flava

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Neither.
I guess, it was more pathetic to ask the public to vote for somebody else thinking that your own performance was so great you were sure you were gonna get through no matter what.

Remember Jennifer signaling '2' to the public (Please vote for George!!) at the end of the Barry Manilow show, the week she was expelled?? Well, she was performer no. 3.
What you think?

05-02-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Neither.
I guess, it was more pathetic to ask the public to vote for somebody else thinking that your own performance was so great you were sure you were gonna get through no matter what.
Remember Jennifer signaling '2' to the public (Please vote for George!!) at the end of the Barry Manilow show, the week she was expelled?? Well, she was performer no. 3.
What you think?

So when did Jennifer tell you that was why she did that? (laughing) I think she did that because she and George are close and she cares about him. I think that's sweet not pathetic.

05-02-04, 03:16 AM (EST)
10. "If I'm not mistaken,"
Simon used to love Jasmine... but he's tired of her and he's been telling her that she's not doing her thing to win. I'm pretty bit tired of supporting her and don't care at all who's gonna win this (I didn't vote for her last time.) I do think she will either be booted in Big Band or the DISCO.

I heard that Simon labeled Jasmine, LaToya, and Tiara as potential winners in the audition... but he, along with the 2 judges, never thought LaToya stood up against the crowd in the semifinals.

By the way, Simon predicted Diana (as America's choice) and LaToya for the final 2... if it was based on talent, it will be Fantasia and LaToya. (Yeah, seems like Jas out next.)

my six dif'rent flava

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
While Jasmine talks about how ''we all got new AT&T phones so my dad and my auntie and I were voting the whole time,'' Jennifer rolls her eyes. ''What, I should have a mic in one hand and a phone in the other?'' she laughs. ''I didn't vote for myself at all. No, no. I did my part.'

Big whoop. I think you'd have to be an IDIOT not to vote for yourself, or have your family vote for you. Jennifer rolls her eyes? I roll mine right back at her booted out self.

05-03-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Big whoop. I think you'd have to be an IDIOT not to vote for yourself, or have your family vote for you. Jennifer rolls her eyes? I roll mine right back at her booted out self

*laughing* Jennifer's "booted out self" is busy getting ready to tour with Barry while Jasmine continues to vote for herself and sing off key.

05-03-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Ooooo Barry. I'm impressed. Not.

I thought her comments were stuck up, and not too bright. (Who DOES she think she is? She's above voting for herself? Puhleeze.) She might get a little publicity out of her early boot, but I expect her 15 minutes will probably be up by the time the show crowns a winner.

05-03-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
You may not be impressed but their are plenty of others who are, getting the chance to tour with someone who has a successful career like Barry's is a big deal, and an honor (like him or not). The 3 who remain that don't make it to the final 2 should hope to get a chance like that. I respect that she didn't vote for herself. I also feel that the top 5 left will burn out and nobody will care after it's over (maybe with an exception for Fantasia).John who some feel is so special, is getting media, and it's all about how nice he is, not about his "singing",I hope he can make a career out of being nice. Jennifer will get a record contract and that can't happen until after the show crowns a winner, so I doubt that her "15 minutes of fame" will be up by them.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I'm confused"
Barry?

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I'm confused"
Barry Manilow.

05-03-04, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Thanks!"

Didn't realize he was a one name performer.

( For a minute I thought the BeeGees were touring *laugh*)

05-03-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Thanks!"
I dunno. Maybe Barry Williams is putting together a Brady Bunch reunion tour. Oh, and maybe it'll be ON ICE!! I'd almost pay to see Jennifer on skates. Now THAT would be entertainment. *laugh out loud*

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-03-04, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Thanks!"
I heart true! ROFL at the thought of Jennifer on ice.

I wonder how much moolah Jennifer has had to stump up for her slot on the Barry Perkins tour. And more importantly, who is stumping it up on her behalf. This kind of payola is called a tour "buy-on" and is so commonplace in the world of live entertainment that it's practically the default these days. Some headlining artists refer to it as the opening act's "share of sound and lights" or some such specific item of expenditure that the opening act is required to share in, but regardless of the terminology used, there is almost inevitably some considerable cost to these opening acts, for the privilege of promoting themselves to the headliner's crowd.

So I wonder who is paying for Jennifer to be out there. Mr. Perkins would no doubt love everyone to believe he's having her along because he LURVES her voice and thinks she's a FAHBulous talent, but I'd bet there's some green changing hands behind the scenes.

05-03-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Thanks!"
Didn't realize he was a one name performer.

I didn't realize that after he was on the show, I'd have to use his full name,Does this help:Barry Alan Pincus .

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Thanks!"
I thought you meant she was touring with Barry White.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Barry Manilow? Well, if she wants to be a lounge singer or a cruise ship entertainer........oh, wait.

05-04-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Uh oh, Shedevil's on a rant now!

(ducking the tomatoes....)

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
actually, that 15 minutes had run out when John Stevens was voted off.
With Jennifer's attitude, she will always be a third-rate Whitney-Tina-Aretha wannabee.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-04, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
>With Jennifer's attitude, she will always
>be a third-rate Whitney-Tina-Aretha wannabee.
>
America saw through this sham and voted her off with the rest of the wannabees. Nothing else needs to be said about Jennifer.
Lets move on!

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Oh True, I agree all the way! Your name says it all.

05-03-04, 04:22 PM (EST)
19. "Wowee..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

right in the spot!!! Your username says it all!

05-03-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
So true!
Thanks True this made my day!

05-03-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

You guys are so funny, none of you managed to prove what I said wrong yet someone agreeing with you makes your day? It takes more than someone agreeing with me to make my day. Thanks for the good laugh. By the way, Jenn is still in the news (about her great singing not about how nice she is like John) and we'll just see how she does when the tour starts and she gets signed.

05-03-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
27. "'Cause..."
you think Jas was pathetic voting for herself or lame for voting for herself... Then when TRUE diverted his attention over Jen rolling her eyes when Jas rolled her eyes, you ckaimed Jen was busy for the tour with Barry (when in fact, she was only given this chance right after her surprising boot) and slurred unnecessary comments toward Jas. Barry wasn't in the discussion... it was more of the voting for oneself...

my six dif'rent flava

05-03-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: 'Cause..."
you think Jas was pathetic voting for herself or lame for voting for herself... Then when TRUE diverted his attention over Jen rolling her eyes when Jas rolled her eyes, you ckaimed Jen was busy for the tour with Barry (when in fact, she was only given this chance right after her surprising boot) and slurred unnecessary comments toward Jas. Barry wasn't in the discussion... it was more of the voting for oneself...

I didn't claim Jen was busy getting ready for her tour with Barry when the "rolling of the eyes happened". You read what I said wrong. Also, my comments are necessary because it had to do with the article. I brought Barry into the discussion which I have every right to do.

Here's how it went:

Big whoop. I think you'd have to be an IDIOT not to vote for yourself, or have your family vote for you. Jennifer rolls her eyes? I roll mine right back at her booted out self.

My response below was saying what Jennifer is doing right now not what she was doing when she was still on the show. Note the words "booted out" meaning, I'm talking about now, not before she was booted.

*laughing* Jennifer's "booted out self" is busy getting ready to tour with Barry while Jasmine continues to vote for herself and sing off key.

Note I used the word "is" not "was" meaning now not then.

05-03-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Wow I am not allowed to agree with another poster!
I did not see that in the guidelines of the message board.

Thanks you are funny too! There is nothing to prove!
Jennifer lost on AI!
Get over it.

Oh Enjoy that tour and CD if either one happens.

05-03-04, 07:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"

Welcome Bob!
Agree, disagree, we do all that stuff around here.

05-03-04, 07:24 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
Wow I am not allowed to agree with another poster!
I did not see that in the guidelines of the message board.
Thanks you are funny too! There is nothing to prove!
Jennifer lost on AI!
Get over it.Oh Enjoy that tour and CD if either one happens.

Are you reading something I'm not seeing? I don't see where it was said that you aren't allowed to agree with another poster. I don't have to "get over it", because I don't care that she didn't win anymore. Why should I? She's already got things lined up for her. I will enjoy the c.d. and the tour. By the way what didn't get proven was the comment made about Jenn's 15 minutes of fame being over already.

05-03-04, 07:41 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
First of all, there is nothing to prove. If you want to be so techincal about it, I said they'd probably be up (her 15 minutes) once the winner is crowned. Can't be proven until that happens. Plus, I have no desire, nor am I compelled to prove anything. I can speculate all I want to about when that loser, Jennifer's fame will end. (and, I won't count cruise ship lounges or Six Flags shows either)

For you to "laugh" at another poster here for agreeing with someone isn't necessary. Go ahead and disagree with my comments about Jennifer, but if someone gets a laugh from my post, there is nothing to disagree with, or ridicule.

05-03-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Entertainment Weekly cover and article on AI"
First of all, there is nothing to prove. If you want to be so techincal about it, I said they'd probably be up (her 15 minutes) once the winner is crowned. Can't be proven until that happens. Plus, I have no desire, nor am I compelled to prove anything. I can speculate all I want to about when that loser, Jennifer's fame will end. (and, I won't count cruise ship lounges or Six Flags shows either)
For you to "laugh" at another poster here for agreeing with someone isn't necessary. Go ahead and disagree with my comments about Jennifer, but if someone gets a laugh from my post, there is nothing to disagree with, or ridicule.

Actually, when I mentioned proof, I was refering to a post by stormysatan that said:
actually, that 15 minutes had run out when John Stevens was voted off.

When I responded to your 15 min. comments I said:

Jennifer will get a record contract and that can't happen until after the show crowns a winner, so I doubt that her "15 minutes of fame" will be up by them.

I thought it was funny, so I laughed. I'm allowed to do that.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Rules of the playground"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

Disagreeing is not bashing, even when done sarcastically. Bashing is telling someone to shut up, or telling someone they're an idiot...stuff like that.

If you're expecting everyone to agree with you, you're in the wrong place.

If you're expecting people to take everything seriously, you're in the wrong place.

If you're expecting to get along with everyone, you're in the wrong place.

I'm not going to get in the middle of arguments between posters unless there are clear guideline violations. But if that doesn't happen, don't come crying to the mods - settle it amongst yourselves, or agree to disagree and stop baiting each other. Your choice.

ETA: While I've got everyone's attention (or not, humor me)... Double-check all of your sig pics to make sure they fall within the guidelines. I've been seeing some too-tall ones in the past couple of days.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

05-03-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Rules of the playground"

I have always known who MY American Idol is.

Buggy- sucking up to Bebo since around 9 this morning

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-04, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Rules of the playground"
I heat Bebo!!!!

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--60 pixels is the height limit, FTR.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-03-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Rules of the playground"
I heat Bebo!!!!

Hehe, 'cause you're so hot you have heat to spare, right?

-heats Kim and Bebo, too.

ankerdosh 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ankerdosh Click to send private message to ankerdosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Rules of the playground"
Does anyone know who Entertainment Weekly predicted would win?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Rules of the playground"
William Hung

05-04-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Rules of the playground"
I think it was the radio personality who "threatened" John Stevens.

05-04-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Rules of the playground"
From "Song & Chance" on page 28 of Entertainment Weekly:

La Toya Odds 1-1
Fantasia Odds 2-1
George Odds 3-1
Diana Odds 10-1
Jasmine Odds 30-1

Which brings me back to what I said earlier, Jasmine will help herself more by spending two hours figuring out how to sing in tune than by spending two hours text messaging votes for herself.

05-04-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Rules of the playground"

But what if Diana steals her phone back at the house?

05-04-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Rules of the playground"
>
>But what if Diana steals her
>phone back at the house?
>

Jasmine wouldn't have a chance. Not without her own votes!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "Who wants to get on "
the teeter-totter with me?

Wrong kind of playground? oops, my bad?

Hearts Bebo most of all.

05-04-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Who wants to get on "
C'mon Breezy...we will go find Jasmine and beat her up cause she dumped her boyfriend. Then lets go catch George and Jennifer gettin freaky in the back seat of Ryan's station wagon!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Who wants to get on "
Sounds like a great plan to me. But my mom wants to talk to me about sex before marriage before I go anywhere.

05-04-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Rules of the playground"
>
>ETA: While I've got everyone's attention
>(or not, humor me)...
>Double-check all of your sig
>pics to make sure they
>fall within the guidelines.
>I've been seeing some too-tall
>ones in the past couple
>of days.
>

OT Newbee question: Are you referring to the pictures from Entertainment Weekly, posted above? I've been wondering if "pictures" are not allowed on this forum. Does this come under the heading of copywrite infringement or sig. pics size restrictions, or is there a guideline about pictures that I may have missed?

*small voice* Sorry. Sometimes I need to have stuff spelled out for me, or I just don't get it. *small voice*

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Rules of the playground"
*small voice* Sorry. Sometimes I need to have stuff spelled out for me, or I just don't get it. *small voice*

No need to apologize - it's a good question!

There's no problem with posting a bigger picture once, as part of a message you're trying to convey. But some of us have pictures that always pop up with our signatures. (FYI, anyone who wants to add one, check out the Help Forum for info on how to do that.) I was commenting that some of those signature pictures (aka sig pics) are showing up that are taller than the 60-pixels allowable in the Guidelines.

If you right click on Properties for the pics that show up in my signature on this post, you'll see how I figured that out. The dimensions on these two are exactly 60 pixels tall.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •