The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Haircut"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

kendallbruns 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-28-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kendallbruns Click to send private message to kendallbruns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Haircut"
PRESS RELEASE

Kendall Bruns: The Haircut
His Hair Is In Your Hands

Cincinnati, OH – June 2004 – Artist Kendall Bruns will be putting his fate in your hands with his new unscripted artwork, The Haircut. Entrants have until July 20th, 2004 to submit suggestions for Kendall's next haircut using entry forms that can be downloaded from his website, www.kendallbruns.com. A panel of judges will review the submissions, a winner will be chosen and Kendall will receive The Haircut.

Part reality television spoof, part act of desperation, Kendall is turning to friends and strangers to help him decide his future appearance after years of self-guidance. Kendall explains this project by saying, "I've tried different cuts and have had varying levels of success but I'm ready to try something new and see what develops. Maybe I'll find out about some new style, fall in love with it and keep it forever."

Kendall currently has a healthy length of hair that can be seen in a reference photo on the entry form. There's no limit to the number of times you can enter and multiple suggestions are encouraged. At the end of the project, Kendall's regular hair stylist will be cutting his hair based on the winning design. Kendall will be documenting the entire process and expects to make artworks, including a documentary video, based on the experience.

About Kendall Bruns

Kendall Bruns is an artist in Cincinnati, Ohio, whose work has been presented in national juried exhibitions, preserved in the Rhizome.org Artbase, and displayed at numerous galleries and art venues. He earned a BFA at the Art Academy of Cincinnati with an emphasis in sculpture. Kendall’s active pursuit of the arts is materialized through many forms of creative expression including music, digital art, graphic design, sculpture and video. In May 2003, Cincinnati Magazine named Kendall a member of the city’s “Creative Class”, one of “75 young, passionate people shaping Cincinnati’s future.” and in August 2003, Kendall was ranked #17 on Cincinnati CityBeat’s list of “Next Influentials”. Most recently, Kendall was seen in Cicada: The Musical.

For more information, please e-mailkendall@kendallbruns.com or visit www.kendallbruns.com.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Haircut RealityRyan 06-30-04 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-30-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Haircut"

>Part reality television spoof, part act
>of desperation

I'm guessing that the breakdown would be 99.9% desperation/blatant DAWness and .1% reality telivision spoof.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •