The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-22-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Volsfan and I will be tag-team summarizing the show - unofficially, until we hear from Webby.

Watched the premiere last night after For Love or Money, and I liked this show way more than FLOM. To me, the ladies are believable. I guess I'm more inclined to believe that a group of older women is more likely to truly be looking for love and not just looking to launch a TV career or 15 minutes of fame and adventure.

The surprises seem in line with the spirit of the show. I liked the way the dad got to meet the women by posing as the jewelry salesman.

The lie-detector sequence was downright funny, if unbelievable, and I think the girls really did have a hard time sending the first ladies home.

I guess I'm a sap, but I ate it up.

Anyone else with comments? Does anyone else think this show merits it's own space on the board?

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 06-22-04 1
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 06-22-04 3
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... PrincessJ 06-22-04 2
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 06-22-04 4
       RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 06-23-04 6
 I am! tribephyl 06-22-04 5
   I'm definitely watching! N305AS 06-23-04 7
       RE: I'm definitely watching! MTW1961 06-24-04 9
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... PhoenixMons 06-23-04 8
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Sweater_Puffs 06-28-04 10
 June 28th episode Loree 06-29-04 11
   Episode 2 - June 28th N305AS 06-29-04 12
       RE: Episode 2 - June 28th PrincessJ 06-30-04 15
       RE: Episode 2 - June 28th CantStandToLook 07-01-04 16
       RE: Episode 2 - June 28th MTW1961 07-02-04 18
       Lie detectors Sweater_Puffs 07-09-04 26
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... DoodleBug 06-29-04 13
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... LeftPinky 06-29-04 14
       RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 07-02-04 17
           RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... DoodleBug 07-06-04 23
               RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 07-09-04 28
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... mookiemeister 07-06-04 19
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... mookiemeister 07-06-04 20
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 07-06-04 21
       RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 07-06-04 22
           RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... DoodleBug 07-06-04 24
               RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 07-06-04 25
                   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... volsfan 07-09-04 27
           RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... mookiemeister 07-12-04 29
               RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... PrincessJ 07-13-04 30
                   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 07-13-04 31
                       RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... DoodleBug 07-14-04 32
                           RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 07-20-04 33
                               RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... DoodleBug 07-20-04 34
                                   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... Loree 07-20-04 35
                                       I have this week's summary. volsfan 07-22-04 36
 Finale Is Tonight! MTW1961 08-02-04 37
   Who do you think will win? PrincessJ 08-02-04 38
       RE: Who do you think will win? missygirl3 08-02-04 39
           RE: Who do you think will win? SummerTulip 08-02-04 40
               RE: Who do you think will win? SummerTulip 08-02-04 41
                   RE: Who do you think will win? LeftPinky 08-03-04 42
                       RE: Who do you think will win? Wacko Jacko 08-03-04 43
                           RE: Who do you think will win? LeftPinky 08-03-04 50
 RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... seahorse 08-03-04 44
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... SummerTulip 08-03-04 45
       RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... LeftPinky 08-03-04 51
           RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... MTW1961 08-03-04 55
   WOO HOO Stacy Won! PrincessJ 08-03-04 46
       RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won! mookiemeister 08-03-04 47
           RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won! MTW1961 08-03-04 48
               RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won! shanyboo 08-03-04 56
   RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to... marioo 08-03-04 49
 Interview with Marty, the dad - the... LeftPinky 08-03-04 52
   Marty & Stacy are.... LeftPinky 08-03-04 53
 The finale Loree 08-03-04 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-22-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I want to know which female is the mole. We hear the dad say that one of the women is really his sister-in-law the girl's aunt. Which one is it?

06-22-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I like the mole idea. Liked it in The Bachelor too. I think it's good to have some way of finding out what the women are REALLY like when the cameras aren't rolling and they're not on their best behavior.

PrincessJ 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-22-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I watched last night. So far I actually like the "kids" in this series, than the first. I also think the dad is more genuine and sincere, then the Mueller guy. Mueller seemed to be in it for the "hottest" chick out there. Remember after Christy was rejected he still wanted to kiss her "one last time."

I like this reality show. I don't know why really. Maybe it's because I'm rooting for those older women to find love. Maybe it's just that these women seem more sincere about it then the younger women on FLOM or The Bachelor.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for the show and yes I won't miss an episode.

Yes, I think this show should have it's own space on the boards. I've been searching for a thread or forum on the show, so I could find out other opinions out there!

Thanks for giving me an outlet for my opinion.

06-22-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Yeah, I like this dad better too. I thought Don Mueller was kind of goofy looking. I also like that all the contestants are older. First of all, they're my age, so maybe I can identify better. Second, they're just more mature - able to accept the rejection more gracefully, and they'll probably be less catty.

Why do you suppose they have a different lie detector guy? Contract issues?

06-23-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I definitely like this Dad better than the first series. I never liked that guy.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I am!"
I've never watched FLOM. Nor do I contain the ability to start watching now. So my feeling about "relationship" reality shows is that they should be set up to produce the most genuine results. I imagine "For Love or Money" pretty much (title alone) leads to a non-genuine result.
It's my thought that the back-stabbing and lying should be left to shows like Survivor, TAR and The Mole.

BUT...as to "Who Want's to Marry My Dad" (WWMMD). Wow!
Great show.

The women are incredible.

The Dad is HOTTTTT!!!! Those dimples ... =sigh=

The daughters are so cute. Crying at the drop of a hat.
But, it is all about their dad. Did I mention ... He's HOTTTT!?

The dad "disguised" as a jeweler. Great start!
The dancing dates. So romantic.
The lie-detector. So brutal.
The Mole. Soooo intriguing.

I'll be watching. FURSHUR!

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ŠMMIV

N305AS 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-23-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail N305AS Click to send private message to N305AS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm definitely watching!"
This show is SO much more believable than "The Bachelor" and other shows like it. The women are real, and so are the kids. Their motives are pure, although you can tell that perhaps one or two of the women have the "desperate gene" running rampant.

A few observations:

- The two women who immediately struck me as the ones that will be the "last two standing" were Marilyn (first out of the limo), and Stacy. Both are gorgeous, and really seem to have their act together.

However, I think that Marilyn is most likely the "mole" as she has a more than passing resemblance to the kids!

- How in the HELL is that Lola lady still there? I'm sorry, but every lady so far has been very attractive, great figure, etc...and then here's Lola, who's sort of just hangin' around for some reason that I can't fathom.

Then again, maybe that's because SHE is the mole. Ugh. So much for my theories.

- The kids are great, and drop-dead gorgeous. Having said that, I'm dying to know what they do professionally (if anything), since they seem to go to pieces emotionally at the drop of a hat. They'd known these women for 20 minutes and when it was time to boot two, you'd have thought they were sentencing them to death! Too much emotion too soon. Save those tears for the ones who have been around a few days.

- FANTASTIC way to introduce the Dad; much better than the first one, where the Dad pulls up in his cherry-red Ferrari with a sort of cheesy, "Whoa, have you been expecting me?" smirk on his face.

- Shouldn't the lie detector tests be more cut and dried when it comes to "yes" or "no" answers? I mean, questions like "Would you like my dad more if he had no kids?" aren't really fair, since a simple yes or no can't always sum up how someone feels about that.

And yeah, where IS the original lie detector guy, anyway?

06-24-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
9. "RE: I'm definitely watching!"
I agree totally about the lie detector. Many of the questions are nebulous. Yes and no don't offer the full range of possibilities. I think it's that way on purpose so that they get "liar" responses when maybe a lie wasn't intended, but the subject had some doubt or uncertainty because yes or no was inadequate.

I read on Reality News Online that Nick the lie detector guy was recovering from a serious accident, but would return for future versions of the show.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-23-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-04 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

I am watching! Last night I was pretty sure the mole was Lola. She basically said (when she got out of the car or somewhere before they ever 'met' the dad) that her stategy was to listen to what she learns. How very mole-ish of you! But could it be that obvious? My only other guess is that Nicole is the mole. The girls look like her to me and she seems very natural with the family...and eldest daughter Nicole might even be named after her! On the NBC site, it says she's looking for the total package, which COULD mean that she's looking for the total package for her borother-in-law...hmmmmmmmm....

I didn't get to watch with undivided attention, so I missed a few of the intros and some other bits and pieces here and there, but overall I really liked this show and most everyone seems genuine (so far anyway) though I am not sure about Melanie or Tammy just yet. The dad is definitely a looker and his daughters are all abolutely gorgeous. Stacey and Nicole are easily my favorites and if Lola is not the mole, I like her, too. I really like Sarah, but I don't think she's the right gal for this show (she's what, 4 yrs older than the oldest daughter and seems less mature or 'worldly' than most of the others, too). Stacy is definitely my favorite so far though.

I think this will be the first reality 'love' show that I will watch and enjoy! YAY!

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-28-04, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Is it just me, or is it that the older women get, the meaner they seem? Some of those women were pretty scarey to me.

I'm impressed with Dad though, to raise three daughters at such a young age, and all three girls turned out to be decent human beings.

He looked very sexy with those glasses on in the jewelry store, I loved that little twist they put in there. He's such a sweet guy, almost too gullible. I hope they can find him a good one, but on these shows... well, ya know.

06-29-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
11. "June 28th episode"
Well the girls got over crying when they evict someone. They wanted to boot both women after the lie detector.

N305AS 32 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail N305AS Click to send private message to N305AS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Episode 2 - June 28th"
Well, the carnage has gone full-swing on "Who Wants To Marry My Dad?" - the girls have definitely gotten beyond their weepiness when it comes to axing someone!

Lola...AUNT Lola. Kinda figures, not only based on her hint-dropping, but also based on the fact that well...she was the only woman in the group who didn't "fit." She wasn't tall, thin and gorgeous like the others, and she stuck out like a sore thumb.

I just wish they'd strung the mole angle along for one more episode or so!

Now as far as the women who got unceremoniously kicked to the curb tonight, why didn't the girls select the woman who bored the crap out of their dad on their private date? Every other woman he seemed to click with and have a physical connection with, and she sat there rambling on about "Well, I'm from Phoenix," etc. Hello?!? SHE should have been issued walking papers immediately.

So Machel gets the ax, after a horrible lie-detector session. Once again, how fair is it to ask these multi-faceted questions and expect just a 'yes' or 'no' answer? One woman had three kids of her own - how do you THINK she'd answer when asked "Would you like our dad more if he didn't have kids?" Well DUH! They're morons if they honestly believe their dad wouldn't be more appealing if he had no kids of his own.

But then - it got worse. Machel decides to confront the girls on the way out, asking them why they thought of her as a liar, etc. I was actually squirming, and I wasn't even there! Probably the single most uncomfortable, awkward moment in the history of reality television, if you ask me.

Side note - do we REALLY need to hear the girls shrieking when they watch their dad get it on with other women? Yeah, it's weird. Deal with it.

06-30-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrincessJ Click to send private message to PrincessJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 2 - June 28th"
>Now as far as the women
>who got unceremoniously kicked to
>the curb tonight, why didn't
>the girls select the woman
>who bored the crap out
>of their dad on their
>private date? Every
>other woman he seemed to
>click with and have a
>physical connection with, and she
>sat there rambling on about
>"Well, I'm from Phoenix," etc.
> Hello?!? SHE should
>have been issued walking papers
>immediately.
>

Which one was that? I must have missed that part?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-04, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 2 - June 28th"
I tell ya..that Michele knows how to go out with some class NOT too funny.

I want to hate this show but it's pretty darn good and I love that the kids are being blunt with some of the women. No sugarcoating here...we'd love to kick you both to the curb but since you actually told the truth, you stay. ...until next week and then you go..buwahahahaha...

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana is at hand.

07-02-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 2 - June 28th"
"Lola...AUNT Lola. Kinda figures, not only based on her hint-dropping, but also based on the fact that well...she was the only woman in the group who didn't "fit." She wasn't tall, thin and gorgeous like the others, and she stuck out like a sore thumb.

N305AS - you are so preceptive! This is exactly what I wrote in my summary - we even used the same "sore thumb" phrase. I just want you to know I did not read your comments before I did my summary. I never visit the board when I am summary writing because I don't want to taint my outlook on the episode.

I guess this is proof that great minds think alike!

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Lie detectors"
LAST EDITED ON 07-09-04 AT 03:08 AM (EST)

"Once again, how fair is it to ask these multi-faceted questions and expect just a 'yes' or 'no' answer?"

I agree. The lie detectors are just sophisticated machines that monitor vital statistics. They go on about how accurate the results are, but they are based on emotional responses. The mere sight of being hooked up to one of those machines will provoke an emotional response, and every answer from that point forward would be skewed.

And like you said, what if the questions are only worthy of discussion or it depends on how you see things....

I could be wearing a white shirt with pink stripes, and the tester could ask me if I was wearing a pink shirt with white stripes. That would send my pulse racing because it would be an instant conflict and how do I answer that yes or no when the answer is so subjective?

In the last episode, the girls seemed to wanting and waiting for a negative result from each question, they are way too dependent on the machine for their decision making.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I love this show. I think the Dad is very sweet and so handsome. The kids are really cute too. I think the women are very sincere (well, some of them) and are actually looking for love. The mole idea was great! They should have kept her around more though for a little more dirt. I'm not sure I like the polygraph test. I think it's a little unfair. These women are sure to be nervous answering these questions. I'm surprised they chose Machel this last episode - but after the little confrontation - I'm sure they are all glad she's gone.

Anybody have a favorite?

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Yep, Dad is handsome... The girls seem to be looking for a TV career (one of the girls works at the local Rock Bottom Brewery here, but we haven't seen her since a bit before the show premiered).

I hope Sharon is next to go.
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

07-02-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I don't think these ladies are looking for showbiz careers. I am buying into the concept that they all want to get married.

He probably isn't a match for most of them, as we are finding out, but I bet most are sincere about their intentions. Sarah? maybe not!

07-06-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Hello

I think Left Pinky was referring to the daughters as the "girls". I agree that the women are sincere about their intentions.

07-09-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
*light goes on*

Aha! I totally misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up.

The fellowship of the banana shall set you free!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-04, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
It's down to 5 ladies. I like Melanie the best. Her demo with how she eat ketchup could've been awkward, but instead she turned it into something sexy.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

07-06-04, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
So in last night's episode, Melanie mentioned that Marty has chemistry with a couple of the girls that he couldn't hide. Anyone know who Melanie think these 2 girls are? I think one is Marilyn. But not sure of the other one.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

07-06-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I think it's Suzanna and Marilyn. We know it's not Melanie or Nicole, so the only one left besides those two is Stacy, right? And we've seen nearly nothing of Stacy yet.

Why do you think they all ganged up on Marilyn? Do they perceive her as the biggest threat, or do they genuinely dislike her?

07-06-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I want to know what the kids are thinking. Their dad tells them that he has absolutely no interest or attraction to one of the women. But the kids ingnore that fact and pick other women to eliminate. Why keep someone their dad obviously doesn't want to marry?

07-06-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
The kids probably think they know what is best for their dad (and it is their decision to make, not his). Also, if Dad is really into Marilyn and I was his daughter, I'd want to put her in the hot seat to see if she is sincere....especially since all the other women pointed a finger at her.

07-06-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
To expand on that point, I think they knew they were going to eliminate Sharon all along, so they decided to take a "free look" at Marilyn.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-04, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I agree MTW. Sharon was on the chopping block and I think she knew it too. I agree with putting Marilyn on the block to find her intentions!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

07-12-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
>I want to know what the
>kids are thinking. Their
>dad tells them that he
>has absolutely no interest or
>attraction to one of the
>women. But the kids
>ingnore that fact and pick
>other women to eliminate.
>Why keep someone their dad
>obviously doesn't want to marry?
>
I think Stacy is the woman Marty said he has no attraction for if I'm not mistaken. But I think the girls want to give Stacy some chance to show herself. That's why they didn't eliminate her.

Stacy surprised us this episode when she won the wedding vow contest and finally got to kiss Marty for the first time. Marty still didn't have any attraction for her, I think. She has to initiate the kiss.

07-13-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
>I think Stacy is the woman
>Marty said he has no
>attraction for if I'm not
>mistaken.

The dad did say he had no attraction to Nicole. I think it was cruel that they left her in front of a church with a wedding dress on.

>Stacy surprised us this episode when
>she won the wedding vow
>contest and finally got to
>kiss Marty for the first
>time. Marty still didn't
>have any attraction for her,
>I think. She has
>to initiate the kiss.

Stacy suprised me as well. I really felt like she deserved to win the private date. She may have initiated the first kiss with Marty, but he definitely initiated the second kiss during their private date. I thought they had a STRONG chemistry. I think she has a great chance to win.

I used to like Suzanne but after last night, I lost respect. In her confessionals it seems that she really just wants to win. Her comment about how "daddy is mine," really made me dislike her. I think she is too cocky in herself. The next show they should test Suzanne and find out her TRUE intentions.

IMHO, I think Stacy may just win. If not, it will be Marilyn. I think Suzanne will be eliminated next.

07-13-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Never liked Nicole, so wasn't sorry to see her go. Until lastnight I had also never seen any chemistry between Stacy and Dad. But she did good with the vows. It was obvious that Dad wasn't as interested in Melanie during the vows. He had the expressive eyes with the other 3, not with Melanie.

And I was hoping they would send Suzanne for a lie detector lastnight. Marilyn had already been tested. I was curious to see how Suzanne reacted.

07-14-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I want to see Suzanne in the hot seat and see her sweat! Ask her some tough questions, girls!! I'm not sure the girls like Marilyn. I think they have reservations with her. I think Stacy has the best chance of getting a proposal right now. Her vows almost had ME in tears!

07-20-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
And again Suzanne avoids the lie detector. But it was obvious the daughters wanted Marilyn out so she got called yet again.

07-20-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Yeah, I was disappointed with that. However, Stacey handled it like a champ! I really like her which means Suzanne will probably get chosen. I hope not. She's so cocky and full of herself.

It sucks that the finale is 2 weeks away.

07-20-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Suzanne reminds me of the type that wears all her make-up to bed and in the pool, etc. She is always so made up. Just a little too perfect.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "I have this week's summary."
I will put the finishing touches on it tomorrow and post! Sorry for the delays!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

08-02-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
37. "Finale Is Tonight!"
So tune in! And I will try to post the summary quickly!

08-02-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
38. "Who do you think will win?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-04 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

My opinion is that Stacy will win. She is more genuine than Suzanne.

I'm excited for the finale because I want to see more of this "fight" between Stacy and Suzanne. It shows a different side of Suzanne. She really isn't this sweet little woman. She is an evil, selfish, B#%$@!!!! The finale is going to be awesome.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-02-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
oh my!! did you watch the whole fight on nbc.com? Suzanne is total b***ch!! I never liked her. We really like Stacy. I hope the girls see Suzannes true colors tonight.

SummerTulip 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-02-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SummerTulip Click to send private message to SummerTulip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
My vote is DEFINETELY with Stacy. Suzanne looks like she putts her makeup with a putty knife. She acts and looks like she's trying to be a 20 something. The whole Barbie doll look is just plain unbecoming on a woman of her age. Can't wait for the fight! LOL

08-02-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SummerTulip Click to send private message to SummerTulip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
WOO HOO! I was right!

08-03-04, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
Personally, I think they picked the wrong girl. Stacy is too hard. Watch her face - it would crack if she smiled. The girls sensed that she was wrong for their dad, but they went with his choice instead of disappointing him.

I'm betting they won't have a reunion show after last year's horrid one... As "Dad" lives about 20 minutes up the road from me, I may hear what happens on the local news.

- LP

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-03-04, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
Wow, I can't believe everyone here doesn't see that hard cold B*tch that Stacy will end up being. It was so obvisious. He Should've picked Suzanne - a little emotional but I think anyone with a heart on these shows would end up emotional if you care. Suzanne saw right thru Stacy and I am surprised no one else could - that is why she disliked Stacy.

But, has anyone noticed the ages of these girls. First off they are all lying about their ages. I am 38 and Suzanne looks like she could be my mom. Stacy samething. Doesn't anyone know if these ladies had been married before or have kids because if not I think there is something wrong with them - they are attracted and to go that long without being married would be a real suprise. I remember on the first addition the winner had two kids.

08-03-04, 06:18 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Who do you think will win?"
Yep, they sure look older than they claim to be.

I believe that Stacy has a daughter (Ashley, Ashton or somewhat), but I'm not sure what age...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I thought it was very unfair to bring Suzanne back to the house and make her think that she was going to be chosen. Even though I am glad that Stacy won, I thought the producers were humiliating to Suzanne and even to the dad. They were just looking for some drama.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

08-03-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
They always bring both to the house. It IS for drama, but that's what makes it great.

08-03-04, 06:19 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
Actually, when the ladies left the house in the limo the statement made was, "only one of you will return to come through these doors again." So Suzanne thought she was the winner when she returned. I thought it was lower than low of the producers.

08-03-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I thought the same thing. My HOPE is that the producers warned her not to assume she was picked just because she was back at the house.

That would be a detail easily edited out for TV purposes, but the way they phrased it made the scenario seem extra cruel.

08-03-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
46. "WOO HOO Stacy Won!"
OK, I am SO happy that Stacy was chosen. The chemistry between the Marty and Stacy is so obvious.

Was I the only one that wanted to yell at Suzanne for her little fit? They should have thrown her out of the backyard. Her tears were so fake. I think she was shedding tears in hopes of changing the girls minds. I loved her face when they told her she wasn't chosen! She would have put the guy in debt with her shopping sprees. She was there to "win" not find a husband.

Stacy was clearly the better match. I thought her reaction last night was priceless. She just couldn't believe it. I think these guys will really last!

Where are Volsfan and MTW at? I wanna know their opinions.

08-03-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
47. "RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won!"
I'm also glad Stacy won. For a while, I thought the girls might pick Suszanne against their dad's favorite. But I'm glad they decided to go with their dad's favorite at the end.

08-03-04, 02:57 PM (EST)
48. "RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won!"
I'm glad Stacy won, as I never personally cared for Suzanne. She seemed like the stalker type to me. I much preferred Marilyn for second place. However, I thought it was cruel the way they let Suzanne know she wasn't chosen.

I really believe these women's emotions are real - much more than any of the other dating show "contestants". I found it difficult to watch them drive a train over Suzanne like they did. It felt like watching someone torture a puppy.

I have many more comments, but I'll have to save them for my summary, which I hope to complete tonight!

MTW

shanyboo 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanyboo Click to send private message to shanyboo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: WOO HOO Stacy Won!"
I have a question. Does anyone know who sang the song that was played when the clips of Stacy and Marty 'journey' together were being shown at the very end. I really liked the song and I don't know who it's by.
Thanks!

marioo 34 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marioo Click to send private message to marioo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Is Anyone Watching Who Wants to Marry My Dad 2?"
I am proud that Stacy was chosen, she seems truly in love. She will make a good fit in the family.

For anyone who would like the complete serie on DVD, just mail me at soleill@msn.com

08-03-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
52. "Interview with Marty, the dad - the day after."
As Marty and his family live just up the interstate from Denver, the Denver NBC station has a live interview with him this afternoon. I'll do my best to see it!

Otherwise, there should be an update at www.9news.com in the 4 o'clock section later tonight...

08-03-04, 06:56 PM (EST)
53. "Marty & Stacy are...."
unknown...

While he says, "it was a real proposal and I put a 3 carat, %50,000 diamond on her hand," he doesn't come across as convincing that they are meant to be together.

He drives a Frito Lay route in Longmont, CO (about 30 miles north of Denver) and she lives in Dallas. They haven't yet decided if she's going to come to Colorado to see him or vice versa.

They did see each other twice shortly after the show wrapped. They were sequestered in a hotel. They talk "frequently" on the phone.

He said outside of the proposal, many of the "tear-jerk" scenes were shot & re-shot - several times.

His girls have moved. One to Hawaii, one to San Diego and one in Denver.

08-03-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
54. "The finale"
I found the final episode very boring. I didn't care who he picked. And I thought it was mean to bring Suzanne back to boot her out.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •