The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
".................MB................."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

grumpy_angel 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-11-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grumpy_angel Click to send private message to grumpy_angel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
".................MB................."
I was just wondering if MB did visit the survivors during their stay in australia. i mean during the game.
did he go there and check what was happening?
because if not, how would he have know that a cameraman helped the survivors?!
personnally i think MB is a hell of an opportunist!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The obvious answer SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 1
   RE: The obvious answer SurvivorBlows 03-11-01 2
       RE: The obvious answer SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 4
 RE: .................MB............... Loree 03-11-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The obvious answer"
I for one strongly believe that Survivor is fixed. Maybe fixed isn't the right word, but I believe that it's not the true reality-based, take-it-as-it-is show. The lawsuit from Survivor I is a case in point.

These points were probably brought up in weeks past, so if I am repeating history, I apologize in advance: In an earlier episode, commenting on how hungry everyone is, Tina says she wants more than anything "a bag of Doritos". A few minutes later, the announcer says: "Survivor. Sponsored by... Doritos!"

Furthermore to this point: Ogakor is down 7-5 and to lose the next immunity challenge would mean the game is about over for the next six weeks or so. Ogakor wins the maze VERY EASILY and by a LARGE margin. Kimmi complained about it on Kathy Griffin's show on MTV, saying she didn't think it was right to have to have all 7 go through the maze.

No, I don't think they pushed Mike into the fire, but they were QUICK to cancel the immunity challenge when it happened. They needed that 5-5 merger. Also, I wouldn't be the LEAST surprised that the producers told Ogakor that Jeff had votes. I can also see Kucha being told that Colby has votes. How else would they vote for Colby???? Would producers sway the alliances in the next few weeks. Darn tootin' they would if it benefits their ratings.

So, did MB visit the sites and the players. I wouldn't bet against it. Watch the Survivor I lawsuit carefully, and we'll start getting a very good picture of what really goes on behind the scenes.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The obvious answer"
>These points were probably brought up
>in weeks past, so if
>I am repeating history, I
>apologize in advance: In
>an earlier episode, commenting on
>how hungry everyone is, Tina
>says she wants more than
>anything "a bag of Doritos".
> A few minutes later,
>the announcer says: "Survivor.
> Sponsored by... Doritos!"

Um, you DO KNOW that show isn't live or anything??? MB has months to schedule a Doritos commercial -- and unless I'm mistaken Doritos was also a sponsor of the first series, and I wouldn't have put it past Tina to have remembered that. ...and the first series had more than it's share of sponsor placements -- from Dr. Scholls, to the Target prizes, to the Bud Light beer, and on. I'm not sure WHAT this has to do with fixing the show.

>5-5 merger. Also, I
>wouldn't be the LEAST surprised
>that the producers told Ogakor
>that Jeff had votes.
>I can also see Kucha
>being told that Colby has
>votes. How else would
>they vote for Colby????
>Would producers sway the alliances
>in the next few weeks.
> Darn tootin' they would
>if it benefits their ratings.

I think you're seeing conspiracies where they aren't with the about two examples...

1) Kimmi is the one who mouthed off about Jeff's vote, if you don't know this, it's been posted in plenty of postings and you should research the legitamacy of your "theories" before going public with them and looking foolish.

2) Colby is the STRONGEST. In the individual immunity phase of the game, the strongest are targeted first. That they had Colby on their list is not a surprise -- the only surprise is that they didn't see through Jerri and Keith managed to win immunity. And I'd like to see someone claim that the producers rigged the immunity challenge by picking one that favored Keith -- no one expected Keith to win that challenge

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The obvious answer"
Although your remarks to me were very personal and derogatory, I'll not respond in kind but will concentrate on the content of your comments.

Yes, I am fully aware the show is taped. I'm also aware of sponsorships. So what? I believe Tina was ASKED to plug Doritos and did so. That means (to me, anyway) that this is more than a pure reality-based show. When I saw it on TV, it LOOKED very unreal and unrealistic. It LOOKED like a plug, an advertisement. Therefore, these players are being asked to do more than play the game and survive. They are being asked to PLUG PRODUCTS!

I am very aware that Kimmi told Tina about Jeff's vote from Debb. However, in what way does that discredit ANYTHING I wrote??? In no way, to wit: Just because Ogakor knew "legitimately" doesn't mean that the producers didn't tell the Ogies that Jeff had TWO votes.

Yes, Colby is the strongest. I'm aware of Lis's comments that Colby should be targeted first, then Jerri, based on strength and (apparent) leadership. But, as everyone should know, this particular vote totally depended on weaknesses, not strengths! I don't buy it that Colby would entice others to vote for him by leaving his perch EARLY. If anything, they should be thinking "Colby left early, he has nothing to worry about. He must not have any votes." If anything, they should've voted for Tina (or Jerri), not Colby. And Colby's own comments that he was trying to camoflage Jerri and Keith? Cover for the producers, pure and simple. Hence, I think the Kucha's were misled into believing that a vote for Colby would be a vote for someone with previous votes.

Although my accusation that Survivor is fixed will only be shown to be true or false in the lawsuit (and the lawsuit may not answer all the questions) and that we'll probably never know if what I've said here is true or not, it IS my opinion and there was no reason for you to flame me with personal and derogatory attacks. Anyone who wishes to argue the content of the points I make, please do.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: .................MB................."
Yes, MB was in Austrailia while they were filming. He said they told him at the crew camp that Mike had been burned and he went to see Mike. He was there babysitting his show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •