The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jay's Departure"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-23-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jay's Departure"
Can I get a vote on how many people would like to have had one of
the women leave with Jay? Granted the show couldn't have imitated
For Love or Money by having those who voted for Jay eliminated. However, I would love to have seen one of the women stop Jay as he departed and say "Can I come with you?" Obviously it should
have been a woman that was shown to be really connecting with Jay
during the beginning of the show. Then when they were in the limo driving away, the scene could have ended with them toasting each other with the words "To getting to know you". To me that would have been awesome.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jay's Departure SilverStar 09-23-04 1
   RE: Jay's Departure arkiegrl 09-23-04 6
 RE: Jay's Departure RealityAddict 09-23-04 2
 RE: Jay's Departure Sweater_Puffs 09-23-04 3
   RE: Jay's Departure teacherkelly 09-23-04 4
 RE: Jay's Departure Queene1979 09-23-04 5
 Key Words CSHS79 09-25-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jay's Departure"
That would have been very nice to see, however I think it very unlikely. As much as I want to believe that these people really come to this show looking for love, I know that the "reality" is that they are probably looking for their 15 minutes of fame. I don't think any of the women would have given up their time on tv to go with a guy they had only known for a few hours. but it would have been nice to see!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jay's Departure"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-04 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

I don't think any of the women would have given up their time on tv to go with a guy they had only known for a few hours.

I think Krysta is the best example of this. She wanted Jay, tried to convince the other women to vote for Jay, but after he's gone, she's all about getting Byron, that's the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with. *Yeah, right*

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-23-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jay's Departure"
That would have been awesome, 79! I wonder if any of the rejected women who voted for Jay will try and contact him??? It would have been great to see one of the women just walk out right behind him. I personally thought Jay was the better choice (but I think his conservative gray hair might have scared some women...ha ha ha) Neither of them were that great looking to me...AND do any of those women look outdoors-y to you? BUT, I digress --

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jay's Departure"
That's a great idea.

Have Jay get rejected but wait in his limo.

All of the women that Byron rejected would pile into Jay's limo for an in-your-face see ya kind of thing. If not all of the women, then he could pick the one that he wanted to get to know off camera, so he doesn't feel like such a loser and vice-versa.

Jay seemed like a nice guy, he just didn't let his personality shine very much, and I rarely saw him smile. Then again, it's a stifling environment from which to thrive. Can't win for losin'

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jay's Departure"
It's funny that someone posted the idea of following him. This morning a co-worker and I were talking about the show and I said that I had no interest at all in Byron. I HATE long hair and his is way too feminine for me. I told her that I would have followed Jay out and tried to get to know him off camera bc I was not impressed by what I saw in the other guy.

I wonder if the women had to promise not to do that if their guy didn't win?

I agree with the post that said some of the women may not be interested in Byron but woudn't miss out in 15 minutes of fame...sooo true!

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-23-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jay's Departure"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-04 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

I dont know about you guys but I have a feeling that we may see Jay again. With "The Bachelor's" track record with recycling "rejected" cast members (Trista, Meredith, Bob, Jen and now the two former cast members comming back.) I think we will see Jay back in the spring as the bachelor.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-25-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Key Words"
The key to what would have made this the perfect exit for Jay would have been if they showed him really connecting with one of the ladies. Obviously it didn't happen or maybe it just wasn't shown. It's simply that I like to see a happy ending on these dating shows. Maybe it's too much too expect or maybe I just want to see some kind of hope for my own love life since I'm also
over 40 and never married like Jay.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •