The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If TAR7 is filming right now..."
...then they're in a thirty-six hour Pit Stop, North America leg, or somewhere else where Phil can travel to NYC and back in the time alloted before he has to send the teams off again. He appeared on Regis and Kelly this morning, and that's filmed live.

No real Race info from the little I caught, though.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... dabo 12-06-04 1
   RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... Estee 12-06-04 2
       RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... PepeLePew13 12-06-04 3
           RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... dabo 12-07-04 4
               RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... kary1371 12-08-04 5
                   RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... dabo 12-08-04 6
                       RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... kary1371 12-09-04 8
               RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... Ontario TAR Fan 12-09-04 7
 RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... anotherkim 12-09-04 9
 RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... StarryLuna 12-12-04 10
   RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... kary1371 12-13-04 11
       RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... fairyprincess 12-14-04 12
           RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... kary1371 12-14-04 13
               RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... watermelon 03-20-05 18
   RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... CantStandToLook 12-15-04 14
       RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... kary1371 12-16-04 15
 RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... wantstorun 12-21-04 16
 RE: If TAR7 is filming right now... banzai 03-20-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Was Phil on the set? I assume from what you said that he was.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Yes, sitting on the stool as a guest. (It would be fun to see him co-host, if only to compare him to Jiffie.) I loaded in the qualifiers because it's possible he could have made it off the course and into the studio, then gotten back to send the teams off on the next leg. It's just harder to manage.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Did he look particularly tired, like he's fighting jet lag or had just gotten off the plane with serious aircraft-pressurized-hair?

Then again he's quite used to flying around the world to stay on top of these loozers, so...

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

12-07-04, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Logically, we should be able to figure some things out from this.

In all the races so far they have travelled eastward around the world, so 9 to 10 AM EST would translate to later in the day itself for the racers, wherever they are, until they cross the IDL.

Phil has certain filming responsibilities during the race. He has to be present when each team leaves each Pit Stop, he has to be present when each team arrives at each Pit Stop. He also has segments he has to film along the race course: "This is a Roadblock, in this Roadblock..."

Logically then: The teams must have all left a Pit Stop earlier that day. All of Phil's scenes in that country were already filmed or could quickly be filmed. The racers will end up in another country in this leg, they are probably headed to a bunching at an airport that evening. There can be no Fast Forward in this leg. Phil flew by private jet to New York, flew by private jet to the next destination, had to have plenty of time to film his scenes in that country and be at the Pit Stop before the first team arrived. There is no need for an extended Pit Stop if all the logistics work out properly.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-08-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-04 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

When we see the scenes in a Country, we see Phil in the begining of a statement(which wouldn't take that long to shoot unless he messes up a lot), the rest is voice over, thus he doesn't really need to be there, they can just film whatever without him, then he can just do the voice over later when they get back to the states.

Do we actually see Phil when the teams leave?

I don't recall ever seeing him. Is he really there?

Or just doing a voice over when they leave?

If he was there, wouldn't they be showing him?

IMO he is sleeping thight when teams are leaving...

I would think he would have plenty of time to come in the US back and forth during a race.

But that's just my opinion...

(edited to correct my typing...)

12-08-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-04 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

Do we actually see Phil when the teams leave?

Good point. No, we don't actually see him. But we do know that they review the material from the previous leg and determine if penalties are in order which will affect their departure times, which Phil usually mentions. Of course, they could record all of Phil's voice-over material after the fact in post-production sessions. I doubt they would let it get to that sort of backlog, but they can exercise a lot of leeway for Phil's voice-over material.

Good point. Thank you.

12-09-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
I am sure they have someone who is always with the contestants when they arrive and when they go who takes careful notes of everything that would be worth being mentioned by Phil and then someone else writes how they want him to say it, then I guess he just goes into a studio and records it.

It would be much more easy to record everything that is voice-over in a studio then on the road I think. Actually, the way it is done, they only need Phil to be there for the teams to arrive at the pit stop, as he can shoot the intros for road blocks and all while waiting for the contestant. We feel he is actually there more than he is because they have him narrating a lot.

That's my 2 cents...

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-04, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
I would not be at all surprised if Phil does do all his TAR flying on a private jet. It makes the logistics of keeping ahead of the teams so much easier!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
it's only 7 or 8 hours to Europe from NYC, so he could easily make that trip within the alotted times. If they're using a private plane (which I would imagine), then he could be whisked in and out with no trouble at all.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-12-04, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
I have a friend who's applying for TAR7. He said the application isn't due until the beginning of January.

A JSlice of holiday spirit!

12-13-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
11. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
From the CBS website :

Q: How can I apply for THE AMAZING RACE?

A:At this time the show is not accepting any more applications. Please check back in the future for more details.

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-14-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Just my 2 cents.

Phil probably films the segments when he explains the road block, etc. before the race even starts. He is NOT at the pit stop when the teams leave. They most likely add in his voice after the race is over or during the race. There is likely a good 24-48 hours for him to fly out of one pit stop and to the next while the teams are racing.

I have no clue if TAR7 started yet or not, but in any case, Phil would have plenty of time to come to NY if it has.

12-14-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Thank you!

That was my point!

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
I, too, think that Phil films all the roadblock info bits before the show even starts. They have to set things up and get someone to roadtest the challenges after all, don't they? They could easily get Phil to film these then. And yes, apart from the actual arrival at the pitstop, we don't really see much of Phil - just voiceovers. What a cool job huh? Phil gets to fly around all the time, see a bit of each new place if he's so inclined or maybe just relax, and then welcome the Racers to the next pitstop when they get there (with cell phones and other technology, it's easy to keep track of where they are so he'll know when to start standing on that mat). What a life - no wonder the manboobs keep growing and growing!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-04, 05:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Actually the deadline was back in August. I only know because I applied for TAR 7 as well.

The filming was supposed to start in november.

Hope that helps.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

12-16-04, 08:56 AM (EST)
15. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Thanks, this is great!

This is what I call first hand information!

wantstorun 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-21-04, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wantstorun Click to send private message to wantstorun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
Just a baaaaaddd thought.....
Somewhere I read that Phil did not discuss TAR while on the show. Any chance the reason he could be on Regis during a time period when the race is (supposedly) being run is because he is NO LONGER on TAR? That is, 6 seasons around the world, chasing jerks like Jonathan, was enough.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If TAR7 is filming right now..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-05 AT 05:29 PM (EST)

The Amazing Race 7

Leg 1:
Day 1 (Saturday, 11/20): Long Beach, CA, USA -> Los Angeles, CA -> Lima, Peru
Day 2 (11/21): Lima, Peru -> Ancon, Peru
Day 3 (11/22): Ancon, Peru -> Cusco -> Huambutio -> Pisac -> Cusco, Peru

Leg 2:
Day 4 (Tues, 11/23): Cusco, Peru -> Arequipa, Peru
Day 5 (Wed, 11/24): Arequipa, Peru
Day 6 (Thurs, 11/25): Arequipa, Peru -> Santiago, Chile

Leg 3:
Day 7 (Fri., 11/26): Santiago, Chile -> Mendoza, Argentina

Leg 4:
Day 8 (Sat., 11/27): Mendoza, Argentina -> Buenos Aires -> El Tigre Delta, Argentina

Leg 5:
Day 9 (Sun, 11/28): El Tigre Delta -> Buenos Aires, Argentina -> Johannesburg, S. Africa
Day 10 (11/29): Johannesburg, S. Africa -> Soweto, S. Africa

Leg 6:
Day 11 (Tues., 11/30): Johannesburg, S. Africa -> Gaborone, Botswana
Day 12 (12/1): Gaborone, Botswana -> ?
Day 13 (12/2): ? -> Gweta, Botswana -> ?

Leg 7:
Day 14 (12/3): a temple near the Himalayas
Day 15 (12/4):

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •