The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interview request after tonight's show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

bkeveney 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bkeveney Click to send private message to bkeveney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interview request after tonight's show"
Hi. My name is Bill Keveney and I'm a reporter for USA Today. After last week's controversy, I'm doing a story after tonight's Idol elimination vote and I'd like to get fans' opinions about tonight's elimination vote. To use a quote, I would need your name, age and the city and state where you live. I need this information by 9:20 p.m. ET/8:20 p.m. CT. I can be e-mailed at bkeveney@usatoday.com.
Here are my questions. Please answer each in a sentence or two. Feel free to offer comments about specific singers (If you want to skip a question or two, that's fine. The most important thing is taht I get the information as quickly as possible:
1. Did you think the right person got eliminated tonight? Why or why not?
2. Did you agree with the choices of singers for the bottom three? Why or why not?
3. Were you surprised by tonight's voting results? Why or why not?
4. Do you think the weekly votes are reflecting who the best singers are? Relating to that, is the situation better or worse than in the two first seasons?
Thanks for your help.
Bill Keveney
USA Today
Los Angeles bureau
310-882-2408

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interview request after tonight... Pianga 04-28-04 1
   RE: Interview request after tonight... bkeveney 04-28-04 3
 RE: Interview request after tonight... strid333 04-28-04 2
   RE: Interview request after tonight... bkeveney 04-28-04 4
 Yep... Goooey_Alley 04-28-04 5
   RE: Yep... bkeveney 04-28-04 7
 Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol' art... AyaK 04-28-04 6
   RE: Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol'... bkeveney 04-28-04 8
   RE: Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol'... true 04-28-04 9
       Uh... AyaK 04-28-04 10
           RE: Uh... true 04-28-04 11
 Done AyaK 04-28-04 12
 USA Today article AyaK 04-29-04 13
   RE: USA Today article JOSHIDOL 04-29-04 14
       RE: USA Today article pheeann 04-29-04 15
       RE: USA Today article Bebo 04-29-04 16
           RE: USA Today article kajagogo 04-29-04 17
           RE: USA Today article JOSHIDOL 04-29-04 18
               RE: USA Today article Bebo 04-29-04 20
                   *snicker* mrc 04-29-04 21
                   RE: USA Today article JOSHIDOL 04-29-04 22
                       RE: USA Today article Bebo 04-29-04 23
                           RE: USA Today article Devious Weasel 04-29-04 24
                               RE: USA Today article anotherkim 04-30-04 25
                               RE: USA Today article Bebo 04-30-04 26
                           RE: USA Today article JOSHIDOL 04-30-04 27
                               RE: USA Today article mrc 04-30-04 28
                               RE: USA Today article Bebo 04-30-04 29
 RE: Interview request after tonight... mrc 04-29-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pianga 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pianga Click to send private message to Pianga Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interview request after tonight's show"
OK I'll make sure to help you!!!!!

04-28-04, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bkeveney Click to send private message to bkeveney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interview request after tonight's show"
Thanks. Just write your responses as soon as the show ends and tell me your first and last name, age and city and state where you live. That's great. You can send the information to bkeveney@usatoday.com.
Thanks,
Bill Keveney
USA Today Los Angeles Bureau
310-882-2408

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-04, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interview request after tonight's show"
Sure, I'll participate. I hope that a Canadian's opinion interests you. When you are done with the article, will you put a link up here?

Three is the perfect number. RMNW!

04-28-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Interview request after tonight's show"
Thanks. Just write your responses as soon as the show ends and tell me your first and last name, age and city and province where you live. That's great. You can send the information to bkeveney@usatoday.com.
I'll add a link once the story is online.
Thanks,
Bill Keveney
310-882-2408

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-28-04, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yep..."
I'm glad to share my opinion with you...

my six dif'rent flava

Their "best"s so far...

#01 JASMINE TRIAS - Inseperable
#02 JENNIFER HUDSON - Circle Of Life
#03 FANTASIA BARRINO - Summertime
#04 LATOYA LONDON - All By Myself
#05 CAMILE VELASCO - One Last Cry
#06 GEORGE HUFF - Dock In The Bay
#07 DIANA DEGARMO - I've Got A Music In Me
#08 AMY ADAMS - Sin Wagon
#09 LEAH LABELLE - I Have Nothing
#10 JOHN STEVENS - King Of The Road
#11 JON PETER LEWIS - Drift Away
#12 MATT ROGERS - Hard To Handle

04-28-04, 08:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Yep..."
Thanks. Just write your responses as soon as the show ends and tell me your first and last name, age and city and state where you live. That's great. You can send the information to bkeveney@usatoday.com.
Thanks,
Bill Keveney
310-882-2408

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol' article"
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2004-04-26-idol-voting-system_x.htm

04-28-04, 08:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol' article"
Yep. That's me. You work quickly.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Most recent Bill Keveney 'Idol' article"
Wade Paulson? Is that you, AyaK?

04-28-04, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Uh..."
>Wade Paulson? Is that you, AyaK?

No comment. But it's "Paulsen."

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Uh..."
Oops, pardon me.

04-28-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
12. "Done"
I hope a lot of you replied to Bill. But the time limit is now past, so I'm locking the thread.

04-29-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
13. "USA Today article"
I hope Julie (another Mass resident!) and Katina (you can't fool us; we know Overland Park is KC) are reading -- whomever they are.

April 29, 2004

Record 'Idol' vote speaks volumes
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY

If American Idol were the stock market, this would be considered a correction.

A week ago, the three most-praised singers were relegated to the bottom in the vote, sparking a storm of media and fan outrage. On Wednesday night's show, a record number of Idol votes led to the elimination of the most criticized remaining finalist, redheaded young crooner John Stevens.

This week's results basically turned last week's upside down. Soulful divas Fantasia Barrino and La Toya London, in the bottom three last week, came out on top, along with Diana DeGarmo. George Huff and Jasmine Trias joined Stevens at the tail end of this week's tally after the Latin-themed performances in front of guest judge Gloria Estefan.

American Idol, which typically releases estimates of the number of votes but did not last week, announced on air that this week's total reached a record 28 million. (The controversy also was good for viewership: Tuesday's audience was 24.4 million, a jump of 1 million over the previous week.)

The size of the vote and the results are a response to the controversy, says fan Julie Goldberg, 18, of Worcester, Mass. Now, "they got the top three and the bottom three correct."

Last week did fuel extra votes, agrees Katina Wakefield, 29, of Overland Park, Kan. "That's why I chose to vote several more times than usual last night, because I figured that all of the voters were doing the same."

Stevens, just 16, has been the target of stinging public criticism in recent weeks. Although judge Simon Cowell again panned Stevens' performance Tuesday, he commended the young man for taking all the bullets well.

Asked Wednesday by Ryan Seacrest whether he was relieved to be exiting, Stevens replied, "Somewhat. ... The past few weeks have been intense. The result shows have been very emotional."

The vote also helps Idol in its goal of spawning successful recording careers, says former Mercury Records executive Tom Vickers. "If (Stevens) had been allowed to continue, I think the show would have lost enormous amounts of credibility."

Next week's theme: big-band music.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: USA Today article"
If America got the votes right this week then why wasn't Fantasia back in the Bottom 3, if I do recall correctly she was told vocally it was a mess and she sounded like Donald duck on helium....

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: USA Today article"
There are obviously alot of Macy Gray fans out there.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: USA Today article"
Because people in America have different opinions. Some prefer Donald Duck to an off-key teenager.

My opinion this week was that it was a toss-up - either one of them could have taken that third spot, so what. The top two were right, the bottom two were right, the boot was right. That's good enough for me.

kajagogo 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kajagogo Click to send private message to kajagogo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: USA Today article"
amen bebo, and GO BOBO!

04-29-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: USA Today article"
Excuse me but I never heard anyone mention who the so called TOP 2 were but obviously you seem to know since you said they got it correctly???

04-29-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: USA Today article"
I did misspeak. What would we do without you here to correct us?

To clarify:

- IMO, LaToya and Diana gave the two best performances in a lackluster week, so I would therefore believe that America got it right putting them in the top 3.
- Also IMO, the worst two were George and John, with John deserving to go. Since America put them in the bottom two, and sent John home, I again believe that America got it right.
- IMO, Fantasia and Jasmine were a toss-up. While Paula may say that the notes aren't that important, I disagree, and prefer to listen to singers that are actually in tune. Neither of them did a good job of that this week (again, IMO). But one of them ended up in the top 3. Big whoop. What mattered to me was that the two people who I thought deserved the top 3 got it, and the bottom 2 deserved it.

To get back to the sports analogy theme that had started earlier this week - it's like my opinions on the AL East standings right now. I'm quite pleased that Boston and Baltimore are in the top 2 and that NY is not. Do I care where the Blue Jays fall in the standings? No. But since three of the teams are where I want them to be, I can say I'm satisfied.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "*snicker*"
"What would we do without you here to correct us?"

That thought has crossed my mind today.

Paul Morphy--The antithesis of Bobby Fischer's paranoia and anti-Semitism
Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04

04-29-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
22. "RE: USA Today article"
Just remember Red Sox fan, its not how you start, its always how you finish, see ya in October......

04-29-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
23. "RE: USA Today article"
And why are you so sure I'm a Sox fan? There are others on these forums that know the truth.

But since two of the mods, including the Head Kahuna himself are, you may want to answer carefully.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: USA Today article"
You don't like to wear socks?

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-04, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: USA Today article"
Bebo's obviously a thigh-high kind of girl.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and totally right in the above posts

04-30-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
26. "RE: USA Today article"
>You don't like to wear socks?

At this point in my pregnancy, it's too hard to bend over to put them on.

04-30-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
27. "RE: USA Today article"
Duh...because you said you are happy where the Sox are in the standings and obviously the Sox are on top..

04-30-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: USA Today article"
Your comments always bring a ray of sunshine to my day.

04-30-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
29. "RE: USA Today article"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-04 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

I could have said that for a variety of reasons:
- I don't like the Yankees.
- I enjoy watching Sox fans getting their hopes up year after year, only to watch them crushed at the end of the season.
- I think it's funny to hear sportscasters say "Garciaparra".
- I'm planning a trip to Boston and want to go to a happy city.
- As a baseball fan, I enjoy seeing a shift in the power in such a long-standing rivalry.
- I'm an Orioles fan, and Orioles fans are taught from birth to hate the Yankees, so as long as the Orioles and somebody else are ahead of the Yankees, life is good.

Any one of these reasons - and a variety of others - would explain why I made my statement. Just because you thought I was a Red Sox fan doesn't mean that you're right.

ETA: Duh.

04-29-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Interview request after tonight's show"
Finally, someone in the national press realizes how brilliant we all are! Should we tell them about the upcoming election?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •