The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-28-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
It doesn't seem that this is a duplicate thread, so go ahead and tell me the down and dirty. Will we be surprised again this week? Apparently,having a good performance doth not equal staying in the show. too bad.

my picks:
Latoya

bad: poor john

that's all for now.

Sorry yall, but yet again, I'm in another state. Back to normal soon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst theincrediblehugey 04-28-04 1
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst qwertypie 04-28-04 2
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst Aphrodite 04-28-04 3
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst Nuke 04-28-04 4
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst broodgal 04-28-04 5
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst stormysatan 04-28-04 6
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst dangerkitty 04-28-04 7
   RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst Nuke 04-28-04 8
 RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst shedevil 04-28-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Best: Diana
Worst: John

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-04, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
best dressed: Latoya
worst dressed (by far): Diana. It is amazing what they can do with crepe paper streamers!
La Vida es un Tango!

Aphrodite 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-28-04, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aphrodite Click to send private message to Aphrodite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Good: Latoya, Diana

Bad: John, Fantasia

Inbetween: Jasmine, George

Nuke 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-04, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nuke Click to send private message to Nuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
It's not a duplicate thread, I don't think. There hasn't been a "Best and Worst" thread yet this week.

1. La Toya - no her best, but not La Toya's best still means better than everyone else.

2. Jasmine - Jasmine, sweetheart, I love ya, but that one note in the middle was bad. However, in a recording situation, that would be polished up and done over until she got it right. The same as with even the best singers in the world.

3. Diana - so-so vocals, but you gotta love that song. It's still stuck in my head.

4. Fantasia - fourth by default

5. George - He gets progressively worse every week. And he wasn't good to begin with. Everything about this 'man' pisses me off. His effeminate facial expressions, his faked nervousness and innocent expressions. Bleh!

6. Red - NO MORE TORTURE, PLEASE. He's not even that great in his Sinatra genre. He sucked it up in a cop-out song that wasn't even Latin, and was originally 'N Sync and Gloria Estefan. Double Bleh!

broodgal 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
best: Diana, LaToya
bad: everyone else

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-04, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Best: Jasmine
Good: latoya
So-so: Fantasia, Diana
Worst: george and John

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Best: Do I have to pick one? Gawd, what a week.

LaToya - though far below her standards vocally, and despite highlighting how boring and repetitive the song is lyrically, she was fun to watch and looked fabulous. Fun to watch her dance and play, great band.

Worst: Do I have to pick just one? Gawd, what a week.

John - actually, he was much better than in previous weeks - showed some emotion and connection that I haven't seen before. But man, was he ever out of tune! That is painful, dude! How on earth is he here?

Kudos also to Simon for his comments - that was classy.

I could also give a Best AND Worst prize to Diana - in many ways, she was the best vocally, great with the band, and really nailed the staccato section of the song - I was waiting for that and enjoyed it. One the other hand, I found her to be out of tune many times, especially at the beginning, and hated the way she ennunciated "percussion." And that dress! Holy Gay Idol Journal, that was hideous! And her legs sticking through, oooh, NOT a good look, girl. As Larry said last week, she isn't fat, yet she manages to wear clothing that makes her look awful. Please, wardrobe, help this child.

One more thing - I found myself cringing while Jasmine sang, and not just because of the frequent off-notes. Here she is, 17 years old, her parents in the audience, and she singing about "when you love me I could almost cry" etc. - I dunno, something just didn't feel right to me. Just too mature a song for her - although she handled it well, and if it weren't for the bad notes it would have been awesome. There was just something about knowing her age that made it feel icky to me. Was it just me?

dangerkitty

Nuke 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nuke Click to send private message to Nuke Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Yeah, you're definitely right about Jasmine, dangerkitty. It is hard for the younger singers to emote love properly. I'm only a little bit older than Jasmine and it doesn't feel right to me either.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gloria Week ? - Best and Worst"
Good:
Latoya
Fantasia
George

Okay:
Diana

Bad:
Jasmine
John

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •