The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nick HAS to betray"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

stanger 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stanger Click to send private message to stanger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nick HAS to betray"
1st.. look after Mike's accident. Lis and Rodger hugging. Alicia and Jeff hugging. Nick the only one left. Feeling vulnerable?
2nd.. Jeff said there is a betrayal in Kucha and someone is giving them info..
3rd.. Lis' feeling get hurt (for next ep.). (that's up for grabs)
4th.. no air time (after the first survivor we should've known but not taken it sooo seriously) Nick and Amber would've gotten a lot more since they've been there. They've only shown a good amount of footage for people who are going to be booted. Amber and Nick practically have none.
6th.. MB's spoilers and Rodger's reactions to the show. He needed Mike to talk to him about (what, a betrayal). That doesn't leave Lis out!
7th.. If Lis did the telling; the "don't watch all the show" might come true. But what about the boyfriend for BC game?
8th.. The title of the episode is "Friends.. from what I've heard" Who in Ogakor would betray one another if they have the advantage? Tribe voting would be 5-4, at least, a betrayer?

They might get Alicia but I doubt it, Lis next ( but improbable w/trust to Roger and her strong bond to him), so Nick??? He's trying to be a lawyer (not dumb).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nick HAS to betray SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 1
   RE: Nick HAS to betray Outfrontgirl 03-11-01 2
       RE: Nick has to betray Lurking 03-11-01 3
           RE: Nick has to betray Loree 03-11-01 4
       RE: Nick HAS to betray samiam 03-13-01 7
 RE: Nick HAS to betray aymelek 03-13-01 5
   RE: Nick HAS to betray fedupwithothers 03-13-01 6
       RE: Nick HAS to betray gemstone 03-13-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-01, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
I agree with a lot of what you say. I suspect that Nick played the mole and told Colby that Jeff actually had two votes. That means (and I think) that Nick got Kimmi to vote for Jeff. Nick was thinking ahead. He's thinking ahead now. He needs to be.

I agree with your on-camera sentiment. Nick hasn't gotten much face time. The ONLY face time he's gotten was when the other Kuchas were complaining about Nick's lack of effort and lack of helping the team. Another reason for him to feel alone and left out.

Mike being gone adds to it. I think if Nick had one "friend" in Kucha, it would be Mike. Wasn't it Nick that helped Mike snare the pig? Mike is gone, so Nick has no real alliances to turn to.

Nick could be the victim of a black widow. Lis is the most likely candidate for that role vis-a-vis Nick, but it could be Amber or even Jerri.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
I also think Nick was the one who steered Kimmi into voting for Jeff. I looked at Kimmi's final chat words and she was very careful not to reveal gender, but she did say it was one person who told her Jeff was getting the vote. On that same episode, Mike had been brutally frank with Kimmi (about stench)and we saw Rodger and Liz considering voting for Alicia, not Jeff, apparently to have more harmony in the tribe rather than as a game strategy. In the end, none of the smart players actually voted against a strong person on an episode when team challenges lay ahead. They all knew Kimmi had to go.

The person working against Jeff was very clever by not actually voting against Jeff, because luck-of-the-draw could have let Probst draw both anti-Jeff votes before Kimmi got a majority, and that would have sent the team a signal of betrayal.

As for whether Debb was worked on against Jeff, her chat indicates that she had no doubts that she would vote off the weakest, and Jeff was sick. So the "mole" may have simply decided to add to the existing vote. On the other hand, I'm sure Nick realizes that Jeff was irked at Nick's "laziness" and had him marked as a future bootee, had Kucha lost more immunities. The board has speculated as to why MB made a point of showing the Jefflicia alliance conversation when it never came to fruition. It may have been because Liz does make the final four, or does vote for Roger, or to show us how Nick, counter to their/our expectations, managed to boot them instead.
(Or amy of all of the above.)

All this secret build up against a future tiebreaker is so befitting the way lawyer's build cases and anticipate contingencies.

As for Nick's "laziness," I don't think it's Gervase revisited, but a deliberate strategic conservation of resources. You don't get into or through Harvard law school without intense effort, but successful law students soon learn that there's too much work to do it all, or anything extra, so they have to learn triage methods or flunk out. As one lawyer I know puts it, you have to pick your battles in a profession where you're inundated with conflict and bullshit all the time. Learn to pretend you didn't hear that remark and don't waste your energy in responding; save it for what really matters, and better yet, let all the hotheads have at each other and do each other in leaving less work for you. So, I suspect this is Nick's strategy.

I remember Alicia telling Kimmi how they were all active every day and needed protein; only Nick isn't putting himself out, but he's eating just as much chicken. Speaking of which, he told the cameraman how ticked off he was about the grabbing at the picnic basket, but I notice he didn't step in and make himself center of attention the way Jerri would have if she'd been that disgruntled. As for the IC, Nick sliding off that perch was like skipping the lecture he didn't need to prepare for the later exam that was going to matter.

I'm not convinced he would tell Colby about Jeff's votes unless he (Nick) could let it slip in an apparently thoughtless fashion (fake a Kimmi moment). Nick's plan seems to be to stay under everyone's radar, and to blatantly betray his team right after the merge would blow that. I'd guess he was just being low key and friendly with Colby and defusing the potential alpha male contest energy--which slid right onto Jeff--who made the mistake of never hiding his keen intelligence (I agree with R. Hatch on that). After all, Nick knew for sure (from Jeff) that Ogakor had found out about Debb's vote, so he knew Jeff's vulnerability had been previously betrayed and didn't need to play the traitor.

I'm certainly curious as to what, if anything, Nick will be able to pull off without having formed a strong alliance with any Kucha members. Do people think that if Alicia wins the next IC that the Ogakor's will pick Nick as the next big threat?

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nick has to betray"
I wouldn't be surprised if Nick did something drastic. I don't know his plan, but directing the votes to Jeff could likely be part of it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nick has to betray"
I think Nick was probably the one who told Kimmi to vote for Jeff. He was protecting himself by making sure Jeff had more votes than he did. But I don't think he told Colby that Jeff had votes. Nick wouldn't want Jeff voted out anymore than any of the Kuchas. It hurts his team if they go down a player to Ogakor.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
"The person working against Jeff was very clever by not actually voting against Jeff, because luck-of-the-draw could have let Probst draw both anti-Jeff votes before Kimmi got a majority, and that would have sent the team a signal of betrayal."

Just a side note...there is no luck of the draw when reading the TC votes. When the contestants are finished voting, the votes are taken off-camera and sorted and placed in a particular order...so by the time Probst gets back to read the votes he already knows who's gone.

Which I think makes it even more interesting that they chose NOT to show Kimmi's vote for Jeff...even if a vote is *nearly* unanimous, they always show the dissenting vote as one of the first few and they didn't. Why? Plus, at the last TC, when JP asked Jeff how many votes he had, Jeff said, "One that I know of" to which JP replied, "one is all it takes" or something to that effect. SO Jeff did NOT know for sure that there were in fact TWO votes against him, and JP did not clue him in, either. Are they trying to keep up the illusion in the Kucha camp that Kimmi's vote was for Alicia (which would be a logical assumption)? If they thought that, why *wouldn't* she try to stay in the last IC as long as she could...she would thought she may be vulnerable with her one vote.

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-01, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-01 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

Oh not fair. I posted a theory similar to this (By George I think I've got it") & got bashed for it. They'll see--they'll ALL see!!!!! Nick betrays Kucha.

Here's a picture I pilfered from another spoiler board with thanks to Aja. This seems to be Nick getting cozy with a member of Ogakor (Jerri--her shirt)--you can see (most likely) Amber to the right of the picture. My thought was that Nick, feeling vulnerable without an alliance, defects over to Ogakor alliance of Jerri/Amber & Colby last episode. That alliance NEEDS a 4th person but doesn't trust Keith/Tina.

fedupwithothers 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedupwithothers Click to send private message to fedupwithothers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
it makes no sense that anyone betrayed kucha before jeff got booted. why would they want to be in a situation where they are likely to be voted off one at a time now?????? maybe there was no strategy. maybe they just wanted to spare the feelings of debb and kimmi. would you say to either of them, well we're all voting for you but why don't you vote for jeff so he can get screwed later. over analyzing!!!!!

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-01, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Nick HAS to betray"
While in the boat fishing, Lis, Rodger, & Mike were all talking about voting off Alicia rather than Kimmi.

This is the key. They definately could not vote for Alicia because the "mole" could never convince Alicia to vote for Jeff so this is probably the main reason they switched to Kimmi. Roger stated that everyone thinks he will vote Kimmi but I might not(something like that). Of course we have to believe Roger meant this at the time. Liz wanted Alicia(in boat) but Mike said nothing as far as I can remember anyway so it may have been him but he is no longer on the show so that now eliminates him. So there is only one person left.....NICK!

The IC situation fits. Nick jumps real early. Roger jumped early, if he's that weak, why is he there? This was endurance not strength or agilty or speed. This is the one physical event he should have done well. Alicia hung on because she thought she had Kimmi's vote and maybe trying to protect Jeff and that's why she lasted the longest because of the double threat to her. Liz was trying to protect Jeff I think.

BUT....Nick would have to convince L\R\M to vote for Kimmi if they were really intending to vote for Alicia. The only way he could do this is by letting them know about the setting up Jeff up with the votes plan. So any of the 4 could have told Kimmi or maybe all 4 told her they were voting for Jeff (she did say some of the others were voting for Jeff) which really sounds more logical because they would really need to convince Kimmi to vote Jeff when she wanted to vote Alicia so much. If she thought she was really gone then I think she may have voted for Alicia anyway. Alicia sure seemed to think she got Kimmi's vote.

But Jeff was Debs honest choice to help the team so Nick wasn't setting Jeff up purposely. It was a very smart strategy and had nothing to do with Nick's opinion of him. Will we see more from Nick?

Anyway maybe his strategy ends up helping the Kuchas in 2 or 3 episodes because none of them have any votes so they will win in a tie if an Oga does jump. Oga doesn't know that none of them have any but might assume Alicia has some because of how long she stayed in the IC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •