The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rich Hatch 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rich%20Hatch Click to send private message to Rich%20Hatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
I believe that BBop is a CBS mole, and is trying to lend credence to the source code "spoiler."

Last night and again tonight, on www.survivorsucks.com, a user by the name of BBop spent many hours trying to convince everyone that the source code is in fact real. At one point, a user pointed out the BBop had only been registered to the forum for a matter of a few hours, and was quick to accuse/discount any theory that seemed to suggest that the code was anything other than legit. Furthermore, anytime any user at survivorsucks posts anything to ANY thread other than the one about the spoiler, BBop responds to the thread about the spoiler with a useless comment such as "great point!!!", immediately moving the "spoiler" thread back to the top of the list, drawing attention to it.

As I perused the survivorsucks archives tonight, I tried to remember where I had seen the name "BBop" before. Then it hit me==> here!!!

A user by the same name did the same thing last night at this message board: compare the "Source Code is Red Herring" thread to the "Holy #&@&!" thread: at 2:04 am this user posted his first ever comment to the "Holy #&@&!" thread, stating that this was amazing. Then at 2:04 am, sleeeve updated the "Source Code is Red Herring" thread with more insight, moving it to the top of our list, again. But BBop, immediately flamed sleeeve (at 2:06am) stating that there was another thread discussing this topic (essentially telling him to stop posting), and then at 2:07 am posted another message to the "Holy #&@&!" thread, claiming that he'd "found a new source for spoilers" and then has never posted again at this site (to my knowledge).

3 posts by a user that has never posted before (I know I'm not one to talk, but check my facts, they check out), all of which only served to draw attention to the "spoiler" and away from the fact that it was a red herring. A user whose screenname exactly matches a name found on the www.survivorsucks.com message board who is employing the same tactics.

If I'm right, we've got a CBS mole on our hands, and (s)he wants us to believe the "Holy #&@&!" thread instead of the the "Source Code is Red Herring" thread... I'd reread the "Source Code is Red Herring" thread, if I were you.

I'm about to post this at the survivorsucks board now, but I thought you should know first, since sleeeve was the first (that I've seen) to come up with comprehensive analysis as to why the source code is a red herring and not a spoiler. Way to go sleeeve!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 1
   RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole Rich Hatch 03-11-01 2
       RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 3
           RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole sleeeve 03-11-01 4
               RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 5
                   More than 2 choices lswote 03-11-01 6
                       RE: More than 2 choices SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 7
                           RE: More than 2 choices ACPS65 03-11-01 8
 RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole wildcamper 03-11-01 9
   RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole aymelek 03-12-01 10
       RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole PepeLePew13 03-12-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-01, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
For all we know, buddy, YOU might be the CBS mole trying to cover for the source code mistake by throwing suspicion on others. By the way, I am also new to posting and it was the source code controversy that got me started. So why didn't you single me out, also? And possibly several other new posters?

Rich Hatch 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rich%20Hatch Click to send private message to Rich%20Hatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
If you look, I am also a new poster, and it was the source code that got me started as well.

BUT, BBop has been accused on the other site as well, and NOT JUST BY ME. Go to survivorsucks.com Read their message board about the source code: everytime the thread is idle for more than about 30 minutes (at least when (s)he is on at night), BBop posts something inane to the thread like "wow that last comment was great" or "I'm going to Vegas right now"

Same strategy here last night. Coincidence?

03-11-01, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
Probably not coincidence. I recall what Agatha Christie wrote in many of her Poirot novels: You can always have one coincidence, but never two. Since this would be two coincidences, it likely isn't coincidence at all.

HOWEVER, to take the extrapolation to the point that bbop is a mole needs further corroborating evidence. Bbop may think he's the god of spoilers by finding this, (s)he may be desperate for attention, or whatever, but may be trying to keep the thing going because (s)he genuinely thinks (s)he's on to something.

However, while I think it was a CBS mistake, the one thing I cannot get over (and it may be used to support either side of the theory) is why CBS is not using ASPs on its website in the first place. We can't see the contents of an ASP, only where it's called. If they'd genuinely been concerned with security from Day One, they would've done it that way. Hence, they've either got the sneakiest, smartest web people around, or the dumbest. Either way, time will tell.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-01, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
Your reasoning in the last paragraph is exactly why I wrote the original thread... as a programmer myself, I actually program web sites where some content is sensitive information.

I would NEVER, forget the source code!!! Way too dangerous. Thus, this must be a red herring... but I digress, I'm sure you already know my view.

Rich Hatch: I hated you in Survivor I, but you played the game well... I must agree that this is a strong coincidence, and that I didn't appreciate being yelled at by BBop last night, after I thought I was presenting a logical case about the source code. Nevertheless, we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I love conspiracy theory, but I never meant to imply that one of our posters was a mole... just that we should be wary of ANY information presented on these boards as fact, particularly if it's source is CBS.

03-11-01, 02:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
I also work with security, such as For Official Use Only (FOUO) military information, and we started using ASPs because I pointed out to some people how their source code could be seen.

I fully admit your points on why it might be a red herring. As I said, the ASP thought can be used either way, to wit: If whoever is doing CBS's page thought of it at all, they would've used ASPs in the first place. If they're dumb enough not to think of that, they're dumb enough not to think of the security issue in the first place. Hence, it could be a fatal error on somebody's part.

As I said, it's either very smart or very stupid. Time will tell.

lswote 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lswote Click to send private message to lswote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "More than 2 choices"
It isn't as simple as if they thought of ASP's they would have used them in the first place, or if they are dumb enough not to think of them, they are dumb enough to make a fatal error.

Mark Burnett may have been a bit naive about the web's impact in S1, but he has never been accused of being stupid and now that he is no longer uninformed about the web, you can be sure he will not make mistakes, only perceived mistakes he can exploit. The third option you didn't mention is the sting theory. You can't sting people if you shut them out. If he used ASP's then there is no way he could put red herrings in the code. Just because someone left the back door to their house unlocked doesn't mean they are idiots. It could mean they are sitting in the dark with a shotgun pointed at your chest.

-- Rat -- The other white meat --

03-11-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
7. "RE: More than 2 choices"
yes, but you'd rather lock the door and keep the perp out rather than have to use that shotgun at all.

Again, the argument can go equally either way with regard to the Source Code. As I put in another thread, the most damning thing against the Source Code being legit is to try to figure out how Lis and Amber could be the final two.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-01, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: More than 2 choices"
Heh Heh.

wildcamper 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-11-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildcamper Click to send private message to wildcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
ALL of your facts check out... they are totally TRUE

I Agree.... he HAS 2 be 1 of MB's GOON'S

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-12-01, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
I've always thought that there are a lot of "goons" on these boards, and not just from one-time posters either. Just think about it: who were the people most likely to try out for Survivor II in the first place? The fanatics like us, right? People who have read these posts diligently in Survivor I. I'll bet anything that at least ONE of the Survivor II stars was/is a former/current poster here--maybe someone who has gained a lot of our trust & respect... the normal fanatics like ourselves far outnumber any moles MB puts up here, but those few keep us guessing & on our toes, which the best part of Survivor & the spoiler boards anyway! It would be boring without them!!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: User "BBop" may be a CBS mole"
on that thought of at least one of the Survivor II stars was/is a former/current poster here... wouldn't those "stars" take great giddy delight in playing with our heads on here and throwing out "spoiler" after "spoiler" when they're actually red herrings that keep us going aimlessly for days? We talk about one issue for a couple weeks then go off in another totally unrelated direction, so who's to say they're just having a ball at our (as in us normal 'fanatics') expenses?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •