The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-04, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
This thread is the episode summary writer sign-up thread for The Bachelor, which premieres Wednesday, September 22 at 9PM ET/PT and will be consist of X episodes.

To sign up, please post your interest in this thread, as well as any applicable date restrictions that you may have. Writer selection will be arbitrary, sorry. Please note however, that we are also running open sign-up threads for several other shows, so if you are planning to reply to more than one of the above mentioned open sign-up threads, it would be helpful if you could note the other shows in your reply, so that we can try and ensure any proposed schedule doesn't schedule you for back-to-back summaries, commit you to more summaries than you were expecting, etc.

As a reminder, while all our summary writing is on a volunteer basis, etc. reliablity, timeliness (or at least status communication) is important, and that while we can't offer anyone any $$$, we do occasionally partner with companies to promote stuff and, if we can, I do try and pass some of the goodies.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Femme 08-26-04 1
 Copy, paste :P Mon Cherie 08-27-04 2
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... greeneyes 08-27-04 3
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Immunegirl 08-27-04 4
   RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... bdemoney 08-30-04 5
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... LeftPinky 08-31-04 6
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Coconut 09-01-04 7
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... MTW1961 09-03-04 8
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... buckeyegirl 09-11-04 9
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Breezy 09-16-04 10
   RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... bdemoney 09-20-04 11
 Proposed schedule SurvivorBlows 09-20-04 12
   RE: Proposed schedule MTW1961 09-20-04 13
   RE: Proposed schedule Immunegirl 09-20-04 14
       RE: Proposed schedule bdemoney 09-20-04 15
   RE: Proposed schedule greeneyes 09-21-04 16
   RE: Proposed schedule Coconut 09-21-04 17
   RE: Proposed schedule Femme 09-22-04 22
   Schedule update AyaK 10-27-04 27
       RE: Schedule update bdemoney 10-27-04 28
       RE: Schedule update Mon Cherie 10-27-04 29
           Thanks AyaK 10-28-04 30
               RE: Thanks Mon Cherie 10-28-04 32
                   RE: Thanks LeftPinky 10-31-04 33
 Possible premiere pinch-hit writer SurvivorBlows 09-21-04 18
   RE: Possible premiere pinch-hit wri... bdemoney 09-21-04 19
       I can do it! :-) Mon Cherie 09-21-04 21
   Crisis averted! SurvivorBlows 09-21-04 20
       RE: Crisis averted! bdemoney 09-22-04 23
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Sweater_Puffs 09-23-04 24
   RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... andee 10-03-04 25
       RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... SurvivorBlows 10-07-04 26
           RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... andee 10-28-04 31
 Finale writer needed SurvivorBlows 11-18-04 34
   RE: Finale writer needed AMAI 11-22-04 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-26-04, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
I would like to write a summary, please, Webby. I don't have any plans to write for any other show...

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-27-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Copy, paste :P "
I'd like to do summaries for:

Survivor
TAR
The Real World
The Bachelor
Family Bonds

Still looking into some of the other shows listed that I haven't heard about.

As always, I'm open to write for other shows if needed.

I cannot do any summaries for shows aired Sept. 6-Sept. 14 as I will be out of the country.

Mon

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-27-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Hi Webbie:

I'd love to do another summary for The Bachelor. I can do any episode, except for the first one.

Thanks,
Greeneyes

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-27-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
I'd be interested in doing a summaries for the Bachelor or Dream Job 2. Any time is fine.

Thanks!

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
I will be on vacation from Nov. 3rd - Nov. 8th. Otherwise I am available to write a summary for any of the following reality shows:

The Bachelor
Survivor-Vanuatu
The Amazing Race
The Apprentice

Let me know if I'm needed for any of these....Thanks!

So far I have only one BB5 summary to list on my resume....

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-31-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Put me in if you have a space!

Thanks Webby!
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
I can do one!

I signed up for Survivor and TAR too, but I may not make it in.

NYC Princess Bride

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-04, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
I would like to do one. I am also going to be doing a TAR6 episode, so hopefully, they won't be too close together.

I will also be signing up for a new show or two, but don't know which ones yet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-04 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

ETA that I'm taking my name out of the hat. I'd rather see someone new write a summary.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
This thing doesn't go til tax season does it?

I'll try to write another one this year. Thanks Webby.

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

09-20-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Since the show starts this week will the summary assignments be posted soon? I have a summary to do for The Apprentice this week so am hoping to do my Bachelor summary later in the season. Thanks!

09-20-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Proposed schedule"
Sorry folks, I'd worked this out in my summary spreadsheet last week and forgot to post it. For now I'm assuming there are going to be seven episodes (the same as the last two seasons) but that might change. Unfortunately seven episodes means that since we had 8 volunteers, we had to go to random draw (unfortunately I did the draw before Breezy volunteered, sorry Breezy) and Lefty was the odd person out. Lefty and Breezy, if there are more episodes, you two have first dibs -- you also have first dibs on stuff like the "Women Tell All" and "After The Rose" specials if you are interested.

Everyone listed below, please confirm your assigned date works for you. bdemoney, I put you a week before your vacation and well after the Apprentice sumamry you are doing this week, but if the date is too close to your vaca, please let me know. Immunegirl, please note that your Bachelor summary is two weeks before your Dream Job summary. MTW, I couldn't remember what your Complex summary schedule is, if your Bachelor date comflicts, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Wednesday, September 22 - Episode 1 - Mon Cherie
Wednesday, September 29 - Episode 2 - MTW1961
Wednesday, October 6 - Episode 3 - Immunegirl
Wednesday, October 13 - Episode 4 - Femme
Wednesday, October 20 - Episode 5 - Coconut
Wednesday, October 27 - Episode 6 - bdemoney
Wednesday, November 3 - Episode 7 - greeneyes

Thanks,
SB

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Proposed schedule"
Episode 2- Sept 29 is perfect for me!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-20-04, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Proposed schedule"
October 6 is fine with me.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

09-20-04, 10:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Proposed schedule"
October 27th sounds good to me. Thanks!

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Proposed schedule"
I can do November 3 with no problem.

Thanks, looking forward to the new season!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Proposed schedule"
The 20th is fine with me, and I'd love to do it.

However, I did luck out and get a Survivor slot, so if someone else really wants it, I would pass it over.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-22-04, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Proposed schedule"
Works for me. Thanks, Webby.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Schedule update"
Wednesday, October 27 - Episode 5 - bdemoney
Wednesday, November 3 - Episode 6 - greeneyes

...and I'll reassign Episode 7 (Nov. 10) later. If you're still interested, post here.

10-27-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Schedule update"
I will be summarizing tonight's dramatic episode as planned, thanks for the update!

10-27-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Schedule update"
I can do it if noone else wants to. Just let me know.

Mon

Made by Gothmog, who truly rocks

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Thanks"
...although LeftPinky, Breezy and andee have first dibs, IF I hear from any of them.

But a Mon Cherie summary is always special!

10-28-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Thanks"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-04 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

Thanks Aya! I've gotten some good practice for my Survivor Summary tonight. I've really enjoyed summary writing so far and I thank you and Webby for the opportunity.

Just let me know if you need me for the Bachelor summary.

And don't worry, all hurricane damage has been fixed, all wires are connected (except for a few in my head I think), so there will be no delays with my Survivor summary!

Your most loyal brownnoser,
Mon

Gothmogged.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Thanks"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-04 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

I'd be happy to do one if no one else jumps.

PhoenixMons Masterpiece

09-21-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
18. "Possible premiere pinch-hit writer"
Hi folks, it looks like in addition to my late posting of the schedule, Mon Cherie has also returned back from vacation to a storm-ravaged home this weekend and understandably, has therefore yet to confirm her Episode #1 assignment.

If it turns out she can't do the premiere, is anyone interested in pinchhitting for her at the last minute and swapping dates with her?

Thanks,
SB

09-21-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Possible premiere pinch-hit writer"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-04 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

If she needs someone to switch with, I'd be willing to do so. I can write the first summary and then she can have the Oct. 27th episode. If that works for everyone.......

Edited to include my best wishes for Mon Cherie and her family!

09-21-04, 06:04 PM (EST)
21. "I can do it! :-)"
Sorry, I missed this thread, and have been catching up on emails. I can do the premiere, no problem.

My ceiling is still being repaired, other than that everything is ok. I have to replace some stuff but it could have been worse. Thanks for the well-wishes!

Mon

An IceCat/Mon Cherie Production
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
-Henry Drummond

09-21-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
20. "Crisis averted!"
Thanks bdemoney, but I just heard back from Mon and she's all set for the premiere (this despite the fact that she still is dealing with having part of her roof ripped off -- what a trooper, uh?)

Thanks,
SB

09-22-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Crisis averted!"
MC, Glad to hear you will still be able to do the summary. Sorry to hear about your roof though! Hopefully your house gets restored to normal soon. My thoughts are with you and your family! BD

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Bleckht! Bachelor 6, didn't the FCC deem those words as profanity by now

andee 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andee Click to send private message to andee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
Looked in late. If you need anyone for After the Rose ceremony show, let me know, SB?

thx,
andee

10-07-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
OK andee, I'll keep you in mind -- I'm still unclear exactly how this season is going to play out regarding number of episodes, etc.

Thanks,
SB

andee 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-28-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail andee Click to send private message to andee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelor 6"
SB, do we have more idea of the schedule yet? I think I am cool for any Wednesday except maybe the day before Thanksgiving for writing up After the Rose ceremony.
--andee

11-18-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
34. "Finale writer needed"
OK, it looks like we had some miscommunications and I dropped the ball on scheduling the last couple of episodes of this show. Unfortunately it looks like AK never heard back from anyone regarding last week's summary and with AK going offline for a while, I forgot to followup on it and it ended up going unassigned.

I'd still like to assign a writer for next week's finale episode, so if anyone is interested (or interested in backfilling a sumamry for last week's show or last night's Women Tell All special) please let me know.

Thanks,
SB

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-22-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Finale writer needed"
Hi SB,

I've been covering this show all season, for a couple of others boards. I could help out with backfilling if you like. My Women Tell Too Much piece went up for RTVT (at SLAL.) I could pop it in here for you, if you'd like, as well as any other eps (except ep 1 - I don't think I did that one. LOL can't recall in the haze.)

As for the finale, I was planning on doing it for NPN. How about if I do a separate piece for each hour? And one piece would be linked thru here, and one thru NPN? If you find someone else who wants to do the whole thing for RTVW, then that's fine. Otherwise, I'd post both pieces here, but only one could go to SLAL for each board - we can decide which would go where. PM me if you prefer.

I'm used to slaughtering sheep - I'm a natural for this show!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •