The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-01, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-01 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

With all of the discussion of the code circulating, and people looking ahead to possible double crosses a few weeks down the road, no one seems to be starting to collect all the available spoiler stuff for next week only in a thread, just commenting on last week's show. We only have a few options this week and our odds of getting it right are high! So I thought I'd get us started by posting all the relevant stuff I could think of.

First, not to get too OT, we do have the code discussion. I'm a lot more dubious about how accurate it is than when I first pointed it out on 3bigshows.com. The fact that it came out right before what looks like an easy to call episode, and is not on any back pages (or at least wasn't when I checked), makes me very suspicious that MB is using it as a distraction. In any event, the names are in alphabetical order, and the two omissions are not likely bootees next week, so the code is not important in looking at Ep. 8.

What do we have from the preview? So far I haven't seen anything helpful, but I think it's telling that MB didn't show any consipracy talk other than Colby not liking Jerri and Liz not liking Jerri. More than likely it's because there isn't any movement even being discussed at this point. Everyone in Ogakor realizes that to even it up 4-4 with all the tiebreaker votes Kucha knows they have would likely be suicide.

So, it's 99% likely a Kucha member. Ogakor will tend to want to keep people who can't win IC's, and possibly those they individually think are likely to side with them in a later alliance. Here's what I could find on the remaining Kuchies:

Liz: Nothing substantial, code spoiler = stays maybe. In IC, stayed pretty long, but generally looks weak compared to Alicia or Nick.

Rodger: Nothing. Dropped early, and they know he can't swim from RC in ep. 2.

Nick:
- Finally getting some confessionals in last week's episode - being set up to get booted, like Jeff was with the extra face time?
- Not shown at all on next week's preview. MB may be trying to misdirect the viewing audience by pointing out personal strife to distract them from what will be a very political vote.
- Looks strong generally, but dropped early in IC.
- Jeff seemed to imply on the Early Show that someone betrayed him in some vague way besides Kimmi, and hinted that that person is a player as weeks go on. Rodger and Liz are unlikely to betray, and Alicia was his best buddy. Nick seems most likely.

Alicia:
- "Go Kucha!" comment written to young fans in NYC indicates lack of identification with new tribe.
- According to her chat, Maralyn's friends are: "Kel, Colby, Keith, Tina, Debb, Jeff, Mitch, Kimmi, Alicia, and I just spoke with Rodger the other day." After Debb's friends came through last week, when I idiotically proclaimed it wouldn't, this is looking much more helpful. Her buds = Ogakor minus Jerri, plus everyone in Kucha who's been booted, plus Alicia, plus "sort of" Rodger. Not Nick or Liz, who seem personable enough.
- Not shown at all on next week's preview. MB may be trying to misdirect the viewing audience by pointing out personal strife to distract them from what will be a very political vote.
- Jeff commented that putting Kimmi and Alicia in a room just doesn't work. This might indicate that Kimmi and Alicia continued to see each other later, at boot camp.
- Party in NYC with Mitchell, Jeff, and Jerri. Sure, they're all in NYC, but I can't see J + A really hanging out much with Mitchell. Perhaps Jerri gets tossed next ep. after Alicia goes and they all hang out? Jeff seemed to know her Jerri very, very well on the Early Show. Anyway, it makes it unlikely that Alicia hung around uber-##### Jerri in the outback for very long, as everyone who did except for her lapdogs isn't talking to her.
- Not in picture of 7 people roasting something on CBS website. Keith is the other one missing. It appears there is only one unclaimed stick by the fire.
- Looks really freakin' strong and was one of the last 3 on the post in IC.

Edited cause I just keep adding stuff.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... SurvivinDawg 03-10-01 1
   RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... jtmorgan61 03-11-01 2
 Remember-the editing colbysincharge 03-11-01 3
   RE: Remember-the editing sleeeve 03-11-01 4
 RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... wordman68 03-12-01 5
   RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... Loree 03-12-01 6
       RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... macleod 03-12-01 7
 E8 screen caps AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 8
   RE: E8 screen caps nopants 03-14-01 10
       RE: E8 screen caps Play2Survive 03-14-01 11
       RE: E8 screen caps Buckeye 03-14-01 25
           RE: E8 screen caps 40thandUp 03-14-01 26
               RE: E8 screen caps shakes the clown 03-14-01 28
                   RE: E8 screen caps SurvivinDawg 03-14-01 29
 RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 no... Jenna100 03-13-01 9
 Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show AyatollahKhomeini 03-14-01 12
   RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... ana128 03-14-01 13
   Don't do it Ayak! shakes the clown 03-14-01 14
       RE: Don't do it Ayak! aymelek 03-14-01 16
           RE: Don't do it Ayak! SurvivinDawg 03-14-01 19
   RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... aymelek 03-14-01 15
       RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... shakes the clown 03-14-01 17
           nick-sick??? fedupwithothers 03-14-01 18
               RE: nick-sick??? aymelek 03-14-01 20
   RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... Play2Survive 03-14-01 21
       just an observation. star_kindler 03-14-01 22
   RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... duff 03-14-01 23
       RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early ... wendyp 03-14-01 24
           Interesting analysis AyatollahKhomeini 03-14-01 27
               RE: Interesting analysis SurvivinDawg 03-14-01 30
                   Makes sense to me, Dawg AyatollahKhomeini 03-14-01 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-01, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
Good analysis, but methinks we can narrow it down a bit further:

1) Alicia's "Go Kucha" can only be interpreted so far. I really don't see even the Final Two having strong allegiance to "Barrimundi", they're not tribe vs. tribe now. It's like when your college plays another college in a sport, then you go play intramurals within your own school. Alicia's comment might be interpreted as unshaken loyalty to Kucha which was not destroyed by a betrayal.

2) Where did I read that Alicia and Jerri became good friends? I don't remember where, but it was somewhere, and if true then it's no surprise that they might hang out in NYC. It would also seem to indicate that they had time to get to know one another in a situation away from the game. Early vote-offs?

3) I'm a pretty strong adherant to the "Nick=Mole" theory. What DID he and Colby discuss while watching the others on the beach?

4) Somebody hurt Lis's feelings. We've been assuming everything from Rodger to Jerri, but what if Lis and Alicia got into one? Alicia is abrasive (see: argument with Kimmi, not all one-sided there) and Alicia could easily make herself a target of opportunity.

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
Responses:
1. Right. Still, somehow I don't see her writing that after being the last one picked off by Ogakor, or making it farther than that.

2. This is helpful.

3. Yeah, a lot of people have brought this up. I'm not sure what he could have done as the "mole". Maybe he learned how the votes were going down that night and offered himself as future help to Colby? It's all I can think of now since Ogakor was already going to vote Jeff. It ties in well with supposed helicopter spoilers showing Nick gone before Rodger, which wouldn't be a logical Ogakor elimination otherwise.

4. Maybe. But we just don't know. We can guess, but a) we can speculate it was any of the other 3 Kucha or an Ogakor member and b) Ogakor has plenty of reasons to target Alicia anyway, and they don't really need an "opportunity."

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Remember-the editing"
Promos

Ep 2 kimmi, the vegetarian, cannot eat bush tucker
she does, kucha wins----Kel gone

Ep 3 Rodger falls, lis must protect someone,
kucha wins----Maralyn gone

Ep 4 something about getting rid of Jerri
Mitchell is gone

Ep 5 Kimmi and Alicia catfight
Kimmi gone

Ep 6 crocodile attack
Mike burned in fire

Ep 7 Jeff says we're gonna eat them up and spit them out
Jeff gone

Ep 8 lis says Jerri must go
Lis gone???????????

Most promos try to lead us in the opposite direction (except Kimmi) of what will happen.

If it wasn't for the source code, 'red herring'(?), I would vote for Lis to be booted; but, if the source code was a red herring then why have it ruined so early (same week it was found); especially in a week when Lis is not expected to go.

My comment on the source code theory:
Aren't most web programmers, 25 yr old white males?
If they were told to make space for 14 contestants and leave 2 off, who would a 25 yr old white male be rooting for?
Finally, have any of you web-site programmers ever checked on source codes for other sites? Is it something so commonly done?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Remember-the editing"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-01 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-11-01 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

First of all, as a 25 year old male website programmer, I fully agree, and my first thought was that they had recently tested the viability of the site, and had picked the two hottest contestants to go all the way (believe me, if I ran the website, that's exactly how I'd test it...)

Also, yes, this is actually a way to program commonly called "commenting out" data that will not be needed until later in the site's use. However, if they do NOT know the actual two finalists, it would be logical for them to add the other two contestants to the code, to make it easier to update later. (I'm lazy, and that's exactly what I'd do.)

If they DO know the final two, they would delete these from the source code, completely, add the other two, or hide them from public access (one way to do this would be to use ASPs, but there are other ways to do this)...

Therefore, since they failed to take any of these logical precautions, I believe this to be a red herring... see my analysis at this thread:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/884.shtml

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

wordman68 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wordman68 Click to send private message to wordman68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
Does anyone know what this weeks IC is? I havent seen any pic of any challenges. That would be very helpful in determining who wins immunity, it will probably be someone with their backs to the wall, like Keith last week. I correctly predicted Keith to win Immunity last week because of the Ep7 previews, the one with Lis looking cold and miserable. Well the spoiler was there, because Keith was standing there also, but he looked much more calm and relaxed, like he could stand there for days. I think either Nick, Alicia, or Lis will win immunity, but i need to know what the challenge is. Any help ?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
I've been wondering about that too. Does anyone have any clues what either of the challenges are this week?

macleod 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail macleod Click to send private message to macleod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
This is totally based on the challenges from S1, as MB has kept similar challenges...Ep 8 last season was the archery contest for reward and what they call "End of the Line" for immunity. I think there will be boomerang toss for reward and I'm not sure about the immunity...anyone else have any ideas. Here is the link to last year's challenges just in case. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/show/episode8/challenges.shtml

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "E8 screen caps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-01 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

macleod had the boomerang challenge correctly pegged as being in E8. Here are some screen caps from MaxHaz:

and a couple from Aja:

Looks like Jerri is happy with her throw. And Lislis is talking to Keith and Tina. But I'm more interested in the clips that appear to me to show Jerri hugging (Colby? or Nick?), with Amber looking on. Interesting, no?

nopants 24 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nopants Click to send private message to nopants Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: E8 screen caps"
>and a couple from Aja:
>
>
>
>
>Looks like Jerri is happy with
>her throw. And Lislis
>is talking to Keith and
>Tina. But I'm more
>interested in the clips that
>appear to me to show
>Jerri hugging (Colby? or Nick?),
>with Amber looking on.
>Interesting, no?

Am I missing something here or are these Aja pictures a Major Spoiler? I mostly lurk on this board and I've been waiting for someone with more expertise than me to comment, but no one has. Is this anything?

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: E8 screen caps"
Yeah I want to know about these pics too. I'm surprised they haven't been discussed.

So, it's night with what looks to be the survivors together. Hmmmm, that usually suggests a tribal council. Hugs occasionally happen after a player is voted off. Could this mean Jerri or Nick is booted? Would MB put it right under our nose like this?

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick

Buckeye 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buckeye Click to send private message to Buckeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: E8 screen caps"
There have been debates on several boards as to whether Jerri is hugging Colby or Nick. I was not sure before and assumed that it was Colby as they know eash other better. I just copied out the hug picture and put a shot of Colby above it and a picture of Nick below it so I could make a good comparison. It is without a doubt a picture of Nick hugging Jerri. The males face is darker than Ambers, the sideburns are very dark and most of all the eyebrows are dark and thick like Nick's. Nick also was wearing his bandana this way at the RC.

Now the question is why would Jerri be hugging Nick. Based on Nick still wearing the bandana it appears to be the night of the RC. My theory is that Nick wins the reward challenge and shares the meal with the tribe. Jerri is hugging Nick for sharing the meal with the group and this is right after they finished dinner. That would also explain why they are also holding mugs in their hands.

Any thoughts?

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: E8 screen caps"
As seldom one who inputs - I feel this deserves it. This is very good take on the scenario of the pictures.

Now also take into account that the show is called "friends" Nick would definitely make them if he shared the winnings with all (thus the cups). Also once they share - there is no reason for them "to be bummed out" about losing so that point holds as well. And as was mentioned as well in another thread as I was writing (stickboy) the food poisoning would affect all and surely does not come into affect as a result of the dinner. Also it appears that Buckeye stated the same thing in a new thread - I am not alone on this -great!

Nick is alone as he has made no real allies. There is no way they would vote him off this week after such a move if they do go to TC. This is his own Immunity Idol for this week.

There have been no IC photos, as I beleive that it is MB just screwing with everyone. He showed the obstacle course which never got used in Mike's leaving.

I say Alicia goes.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: E8 screen caps"
>
>Now also take into account that
>the show is called "friends"
>Nick would definitely make them
>if he shared the winnings
>with all (thus the cups).

...the one problem with this is that the cups hold no significance....they were given several mugs with their wine and cheese..I would bet that they still have them.

>Nick is alone as he has
>made no real allies.

...actually, this is the result of editing....Vermin said in his chat that Nick was a member of the Jefflicia alliance and they were working on pulling Mike in as well....which could explain why Kimmi assumed that Mike would vote the same as Jeff and Alicia. All this "nick is a loner" talk is pretty pointless when we factor in the editing...we should only be making assumptions on things and acts that we actually SEE, not things we assume cause we DON'T see them..if that made any sense.

03-14-01, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: E8 screen caps"
Concerning Nick, I read in an interview somewhere (perhaps one of Jeff's) that everyone at Kucha worked hard. While the editors have tried earlier to make us think that Nick doesn't do a whole lot, apparently this is not the case and Nick contributed his fair share of work. So it is likely that Nick did/does have some Kucha alliances, although that won't stop him from trying to survive by playing the game with Colby and the Ogies.

Jenna100 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna100 Click to send private message to Jenna100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Let's start looking at Ep, 8 now"
Did you see the Canadian previews? It was centered on Lis and Tina talking privately, Alicia yelling at Lis, and Nick and Colby sitting, talking on a log. Who was missing? Lots of people. There was no Satan (Jerri), Ambore the 7th grader, Keith, or Rodger.

03-14-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-01 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

courtesy of Aja:

Notice ONCE AGAIN that we have seen NOTHING of the immunity challenge. OK, I'm scared, and here's why:

1. We know (thanks, Supe) that the reward is dinner.
2. Nick brought a Frisbee to the outback, so he'll probably be a good boomerang thrower.
3. And we have the rumor that someone gets food poisoning. I know that I couldn't compete in an immunity challenge if I was barfing!

What evidence do we have that Nick stays? 1. His low profile on the show --- but he has been getting more clips lately. 2. The fact that he wasn't listed as one of Mad Dog's friends -- but, if he were hospitalized when he first left the show, she might not get to meet him until the end.

What evidence do we have that Alicia stays? Jerri flew in from LA to go to the premiere with Alicia, Jeff, and Mitchell ... perhaps meaning that Jerri got to know Alicia in Barramundi camp, as well as Mitchell and Jeff getting to know each other at the ranch.

Hmmmm. Let's think about this!!! Could this fit together with the mignight hug piture? I'm not prepared to jump to any conclusions yet. What does everyone else think?

P.S. Aja has just become "moderator" of the ss.com ezboard forum.

ana128 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ana128 Click to send private message to ana128 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
That's exactly what I was thinking. Why no immunity challenge clips? That could be why Keith is seen wearing the immunity necklace again. I'm feeling more and more like Nick will be going now.

ana

03-14-01, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Don't do it Ayak!"
Here we go again....all week long we are in agreement on a certain bootee and now the day of the show, some new evidence surfaces that makes us rethink everything we've come up with over the last week. This sucks!

I have a couple of questions though:

First of all, even if Nick gets food poisoning, why wouldn't he be able to continue in the game....I've never had food poisoning, but I always thought the only cure was to let it run its course in your body until all the poison is gone...even if he was keeled over in pain he could still compete in any IC....remember, this is individual immunity now so no one is gonna care if he just stands there and doesn't put out any effort to win.....

Also, if he was ill, aside from ASKING to be voted off, why would anyone vote for him...his illness would eliminate him as a threat so why not keep him around as a future sitting duck and get rid of someone who is more of an imediate threat.

And as far as having an advantage b/c he brought a frisbee, I'm not putting ANY stock in that theory...just b/c he brought a frisbee doesn't mean he's even that good at it, and I don't think frisbee throwing translates well when replaced by a boomerang (unless the guy was an expert frisbee thrower)

Ayak, this sucks cause now you got me thinking, and very few good things happen when I start doing that....damn, I knew I should've made my pick early this week so this wouldn't happen.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Don't do it Ayak!"
To answer one of your questions, if domeone gets sick the night of TC, and can't make it he's disqualified since each of the survivors must show up at TC.

03-14-01, 12:11 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Don't do it Ayak!"
I *HAVE* had food poisoning and was sick as a dawg for two days (pun intended). All I can say is that if I were on Survivor, I would walk and puke to Tribal Council and BE THERE FOR THAT VOTE!

Some of the reports DID say however, that the sick person thought s/he had appendicitis. The food poisoning I had did not cause pain in a localized area, I was sick as a dawg (pun intended) in every pore and fiber of my body.

03-14-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
Don't be scared AK!

I think this "evidence" --as shaky as it is-- is a huge spoiler that Nick goes tonight. Unless you bet your roo pellets already. Supposeldy in the article about the food poisoning, it says that the sick person goes before TC, and Nick could be hugging Jerri goodbye beofre TC that night.

What was Elwood's number theory again? That Nick gets no votes or something like that?

03-14-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"

>
Supposeldy
>in the article about the
>food poisoning, it says that
>the sick person goes before
>TC, and Nick could be
>hugging Jerri goodbye beofre TC
>that night.
>

..if Nick had a bad enough case of food poisoning to leave the game, would he really be in any position to be hugging anyone goodbye??? Wouldn't he be covered in sweat and doubled over in pain???

Also, in the previews we have a clear shot of eveyone walking to TC with their torches...we know that they are on the way to TC b/c it is not quite dark yet as opposed to on the way home when it would be pitch black.

fedupwithothers 13 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fedupwithothers Click to send private message to fedupwithothers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "nick-sick???"
i give more credence to liz out for this. she was sick when she came home right?? why focus on nick sick?? they also played up liz's role (canada preview) for this week. don't know just don't want to focus on 1 possibility.

03-14-01, 12:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: nick-sick???"
But Lis had at least 2 weeks to get better before she went home.

I've never had food poisoning, so I don't know what would be happening to him other than projectile vomiting. Ewww! But they could be on their way to do another "symbolic" TC in that picture--is it possible to count how many torches are in the picture? I haven't seen it.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-01, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
AyaK,

I'm skeptical about this too. Actually, I've had to hold myself back from changing my Alicia vote the last 24 hours. Now I really don't know.

As far as food poisoning, there's no definitive proof that Nick gets sick. From what I know about food poisoning, you give it time and it passes. This is not something that, in most cases, would require hospitalization. If it was that serious, Nick would not be at TC, which he appears to be. Also, being sick does not make someone a target. In fact, it draws sympathy, and also weakens the body making the "patient" less of a threat in whatever IC that happens just three days away.

But what I can't get away from is THAT PHOTO. D@%%!#, it looks like a spoiler right under our nose. Why does CBS suddenly, on the day of the show, show us this pic? To divert us away from the overwhelming favorite and actual bootee Alicia? Or to toss the truth before us with a snicker?

I just don't know. But I will say that ALL the Alicia theories don't hold a whole lot of spoiler evidence to support it. We all seem to have chosen Alicia as simply a "logical" choice, which is why I've doubted my vote since the minute I posted it.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

star_kindler 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail star_kindler Click to send private message to star_kindler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "just an observation."
"the hugging pictures." What do they have in ther hands? It looks to me like two of them have mugs. I don't really tink they passed out hot chocolate at the the TC. That just doesn't make sence.

duff 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail duff Click to send private message to duff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
If there were going to be no IC, or if someone were going to ask to be voted out due to food poisoning, why would the title of this episode be ‘Friends?’? When Mike was burned off of the show, the title was ‘Trial By Fire’. I would think that any such similar fate for a survivor would warrant at least a little bit of attention. There has been no hint of anything like this at all in the previews. Perhaps the reason that we’ve seen no previews of the IC is because it IS a mental challenge, and the whole world seems to think that Alicia will fail at this sort of challenge and be voted off. Perhaps Conspiracy Jim, I mean MB, just doesn’t want this week’s bootee to be COMPLETELY obvious. Then again, I’ve never been so confused…

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Vidclips for E8 from the Early Show"
It could be called "Friends?" sinc eas someone pointed out that in S1 the reward winners get to pick someone to eat dinner with. Could it be that the person that wins picks someone from the other tribe. That it the "friends?" is basically say who you thought were/were not friends may not be true.

But I am total confused now on who to pick!!

03-14-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
27. "Interesting analysis"
The only person I can really confirm is sick is me; just back from a lengthy visit to a local hospital (don't worry, it's treatable). I haven't had much of a chance to look at these pictures today.

First, I don't think the "night hug" picture is from TC. I like the suggestion made on this thread and by Krautboy elsewhere that the winner of the RC gets to share his dinner with everyone (remember, that's what Colleen wanted to do last year, but MB wouldn't let her). Since I think there is a lot in common between throwing a Frisbee and a boomerang (but I'm no expert on this, shakes), I do see Nick as a likely winner of the RC, and he could well share his dinner, earning a hug from Jerri -- which is why no one is bummed that they lost.

Maybe Nick does this because he is suffering from "paranoia" that he is next, as CBS seems to intentionally imply on the clip that flying squirrel discussed in the boot thread:

As far as the title "Friends?", I don't think it's intended to be ironic (except as a way of mocking NBC). In other words, I don't think this episode involves old friends doubting or betraying each other. Instead, I think it means that people are trying to make NEW friendships, and I'm sure the Kucha (pronounced: "toast") have been the most active at this.

I'm still going with Alicia as the target for this week, simply because I don't have enough evidence to change my mind. I just don't put enough credibility in the "food poisoning" spoiler to follow it. But I still don't know why we don't have clips of IC. It MUST mean something. I just don't know what.

03-14-01, 07:12 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Interesting analysis"
Perhaps, just perhaps, we haven't seen any IC clips because MB reads this board and knows that showing a Mental IC would really tip us off to Alicia being the bootee. Even if he doesn't read this board, perhaps it's a Survivor-Trivia type IC a'la Survivor I and MB doesn't want the obvious to be seen until SHOWTIME!

03-14-01, 07:36 PM (EST)
31. "Makes sense to me, Dawg"
I'm certain that someone who works for MB reads these boards on a regular basis. I'd like to believe those people who insist that MB doesn't care about the Web community, but his deliberate misinformation about the injury in E6 indicates that he cares about misleading the boards (who else knew - or cared - that Michael had burn injuries?). Perhaps he realizes that the buzz about "Gervase-X" was part of what transformed Survivor into a phenomenal hit...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •