The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-04, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
...and it ain't Norm McDonald, who spent most of the night sitting around, counting his chips, counting everyone else's chips, double-checking the number of chips in the pot as a prerequisite to making a triple-check, and then sitting around some more while counting his chips. Obsessive-compulsive much, Norm?

Imagine the night without Michael Ian Black and his paper partner. The first-hand washout and two hours of light dozing alternating with switches to the NBA finals for a grand total of two hours of deep coma, much like the Lakers offense.

As for the first-hand washout -- how long did he say he'd been playing? Two weeks? Two minutes? One hand? Gah. Someone circulate his picture to the pit bosses and ban him from the floor for his own safety.

But at the very least, we're on the road to a halfway-lively final table, and I'll take that over Norm And The Coma Kids.

(By the way, he's still counting his chips. Zero, zero, zero...)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only... Bebo 06-11-04 1
 tournament poker info needed survivorscott 06-11-04 2
   RE: tournament poker info needed Estee 06-11-04 3
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only... Fishercat 06-11-04 4
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only... toddE 06-16-04 6
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only... blacknwhitedog 06-14-04 5
   RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only... KimD 06-29-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
Isn't he the guy from Ed? Oh, they had a hilarious episode where his character was bragging about his poker skills and got his clock cleaned. Looks like that storyline wasn't much of a stretch for him.

Have whip, will travel.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-11-04, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "tournament poker info needed"
I understand the concept of blinds, but what I would like to know, is at what intervals are blinds raised. phil and Dave acted as if $10,000 and $5,000 blinds were unheard of. They may be. Is this the only tournament where they raise the blinds? because I would thing that if they did this in the world series of poker, $10,000 and $5000 would be common

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: tournament poker info needed"
I'm guessing the crawl across the desk was because no other game had dragged on long enough to require the 5k/10k increase: everyone else managed to settle a winner before that point. They were basically forcing money into the pot as fast as they could. Even with the two hours of coverage, we probably missed a bunch of little folds and blind claims at the 3k/5k level -- maybe an extra half-hour of go-nowhere play?

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-11-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
Not surprisingly, Michael Ian Black was the life of the party, and I am happy he won (although I think Norm is the superior poker player, he has done it for a while and he was dominating. Although he did a lot of odd things, he got screwed by a suckout or two). He was the life of the tab;e and one of the better players. I am happy with him winning, he should be fun at the final table with Dule Dule Dule and Rosario.

That first hand debacle was embarassing. That's all it was, embarassing
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-16-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
Came here accidentally, and never saw Ed, but on VH1 I Love the 80's etc, Michael Ian Black is like the funniest mf. ever!

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-04 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

I expect next week to be more entertaining with Matthew Perry playing.

(just figured out you were all over here )

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

oops- of course I mean this week

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-29-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown: Only one of these people is a comedian..."
I just found these poker discussions - excellent!

Here's the info on the blinds...from www.learn-texas-holdem.com

"The reason the blinds keep increasing in tournament play is so that the tourney doesn't last for ever. It forces people to play. If the blinds remained at the same level through out the whole of the tournament then it would be a much more conservative game and it might go on indefinitely, especially if there are tons of entrants like there are in the World Series of Poker.

Often times what happens at the end of both limit and no limit tournaments is that you have the two finalists playing almost every hand. The reason is because the blind size is so large you can't afford to just fold. It eats you up.

To answer your other questions about how large the blinds are and when they increase, that depends on the tournament. Sometimes they just double every certain amount of hands (for example every 10 or 20 hands) or after a certain amount of time, like an hour or two. You could start out at 25/50 and then go to 100/200, 200/400, 400/800, 800/1600, etc.

When the blinds increase based on the amount of hands passed, the tournament gains speed as it progresses since heads up play is much faster then a full table. And like I said above, as the blinds increase the play gets more wild. Lastly, yes both no limit and limit holdem increase the blind amount."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •