The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Hello, all! Well, seems like no-one wants to run “Be the Amazing Racer”. Well, I don’t mind, but I’ve been busy lately preparing for a conference that starts Monday. I won’t be back until Wednesday the 9th, so we can’t really start playing until Episode 3, unless someone else wants to do all the work of signing people up and giving them their characters.

No?

OK, then. What is this “Be the Amazing Racer”, you ask? Well, it’s a game. You sign up to “speak” as one of the contestants.

Here is the current American Idol version
and the current Apprentice Version

Be funny, be (Ricky’s cat) snarky. Bash ‘til your little heart’s content. No-one wins at the end, so there’s no competition. Do you think you know what was going on in a racer’s head when say, she wanted to drink foot-expressed grape juice? or when he proposed to his shrewish girlfriend on TV? Post it here!

RULES (swiped from Angelfood - Thanks! - and slightly altered)
1. Casting: Sign up for a Character from the show to speak for/represent (reply below). One spot per character - first come basis. You may not be someone already taken or reserved. I try to be fair and work it out if there is a problem.
2. Please post at least once a week/episode, at least until your team is eliminated, after that - optional, you may still add comments. If you're going be out just send me a PM. If you miss 2 weeks without notice, I will have to reassign the character.
3. Sign the bottom of EVERY post you write with your Racer’s name or picture. Characters are difficult to keep track of. If there is enough interest, I will make up sigpix.
4. Speak as your character would speak, and speak for them. Share your character's inner thoughts about what happened in the episode, and what they think of the other Racers. Praise, tease or bash away. Be Funny.
5. Have fun, this is not for SERIOUS bashing. Also, be careful not to post any big spoilers (like who is going). Don't bash other players personally.
6. If your character's eliminated, you get the privilege of writing your own "final remarks", so PLEASE DO. You are encouraged to continue to post.
7. If your character wins, you win.... the coveted title of Be the Amazing Racer Winner and that is all.
8. Anyone not signed up as a character/Racer, is still invited to make comments about the characters or about posts, just please do not speak as a character - just be a cameraperson, taxi driver, menu item, etc.

By all means PM me if you have a question or whatever.

Here are the Racers:

So, any takers?

There’s no reason to exclude Ryan and Chuck, they could still be good for a laugh if anyone wants to be them.

ohmyheck, didn’t you want to be Boston Rob?

I am smart. I look for things.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Cygnus X1 03-05-05 1
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Cygnus X1 03-07-05 4
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Scuba Steve 03-05-05 2
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-05-05 3
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 CwazyWabbit 03-07-05 5
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Seana 03-09-05 6
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 cqvenus 03-09-05 7
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Seana 03-09-05 8
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 CwazyWabbit 03-09-05 10
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-10-05 13
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 CwazyWabbit 03-10-05 15
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-09-05 9
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Cygnus X1 03-09-05 11
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-10-05 12
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Cygnus X1 03-10-05 18
               RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-10-05 22
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 LibraRising 03-10-05 14
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Seana 03-10-05 16
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 LibraRising 03-10-05 17
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 MissMyth 03-10-05 20
       You are Kelly Seana 03-10-05 21
           Testing, testing MissMyth 03-11-05 32
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 CwazyWabbit 03-11-05 23
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-11-05 29
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 LibraRising 03-11-05 35
           RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 CwazyWabbit 03-12-05 38
               RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 seahorse 03-12-05 39
 A one-time cheat... Cygnus X1 03-10-05 19
 Susan and Patrick trigirl 03-11-05 24
   RE: Susan and Patrick Seana 03-11-05 27
       RE: Susan and Patrick trigirl 03-11-05 33
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 ARnutz 03-11-05 25
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Seana 03-11-05 28
       RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 ARnutz 03-11-05 31
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 warp_core breach 03-11-05 26
   Hi, Ray! Seana 03-11-05 30
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 warp_core breach 03-11-05 34
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 Scuba Steve 03-12-05 36
   RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 MissMyth 03-12-05 37
 Boston Rob at his best. seahorse 03-16-05 40
 New Thread Seana 03-16-05 41
 RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7 kvasir 04-13-05 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-05, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Thanks for taking this on, Seana!

Assuming they're still around, let me be one of the Happy Boys...I'll take Lynn.

03-07-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
And here's my sigpic. When Lynn talks, he reminds me of Paul Lynde. Who oh so conveniently was also quite the poof.

Hope I didn't shave Lynn too closely on the right.

Blaaaaaaaaast!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-05-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-05 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

Alright, I'll join in. Can I be Ron?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-05, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
I'll take Rawb if he's available

Handcrafted by RollDdice

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-05 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

I have been really quiet for the past year as I have read this board and lovingly envied all of the wit and brains of my fellow messangers, but I have been too afraid of putting my own original thoughts in, so....

...can I be Amber? I am good at being a non-entity!

03-09-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Hello, again! Did you miss me?

I'm back from beautiful Niagara Falls (actually, I commuted - it's not far). Apparently a family from Florida stayed at the hotel the conference was at while Extreme Makeover Home Edition re-did their house. There was a big sign in the lobby, but that's all the information I retained. Sad, isn't it?

OK, so we're 5?

Nice siggy, Cygnus.

For the rest of you:

CwazyWabbit: Welcome! ("Reply with Quote" to this post, then copy-paste the following link) Use Preview to see before posting.

Seahorse

ScubaSteve

And I guess that makes me:

Did you see that "The Rock" thing I did in the first episode? I'll make you forget all about my manboobs.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"

i wanna say 2 things.

1 if you're "not far" from niagara falls, we should have tea. or whatever.

2 i'm glad you're cozy enough to take on something like this.

~ cq

doesn't have the dedication to "be a racer". sorry.

03-09-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
if you're "not far" from niagara falls, we should have tea. or whatever.

Oh, let's do! Come summer, I'll have a looooot more free time. But substantially less money.

If I'm comfy here, it's only because folks like you were so welcoming. *hug*

03-09-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

Yeah...whatever Rawb says... You know I wouldn't be here without him...I did good, though, didn't I? I know because Rawb said so.

Sorry, new here. Wanted to post to Rob's message. Will do better next time!
Oh, and thanks for the welcome, but now I am not a non-entity!

03-10-05, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
You did great on the shoeshining babe. We're a team.

03-10-05, 01:13 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
....*blush*....*batting eyes and adoring*...*blush again*

03-09-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
This game is childsplay compared to Survivor. We would have had our second first place finish in two weeks if not for the traffic jam last week.

03-09-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

I'll give you a jam, buddy...once I finish bringing up the rear!

03-10-05, 00:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
I doubt we'll see much of each other. We will probably be leaving the pitstops before you guys arrive at them.

03-10-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Don't count on it, big boy. You see, while we can't vote you off, we sure can vote you one of these. So I just thought you might get familiar with it now so you know what it looks like:

Always glad to help.

03-10-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Yeah, but you can't use one of those unless you are ahead of me - fat chance.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-05, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Is it too late to join? I'm a newby (well, a recently reformed lurker), but I'd love to be Joyce.

03-10-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Welcome LibraRising!

I'm a recovering lurker myself.

Reply with Quote to get the URL for your sig.

If you have something in particular you'd like on your sig (this goes for everyone), please let me know.

03-10-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
So I sucked at shining shoes. Big deal. It just shows some of us aren't as good at boot-licking as others.

Amber, I'm looking in your direction...

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-10-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
I don't post very much either, but this looks like a fun way to get more practice. Could I be Kelly? It could be interesting to think like a legislative correspondent/beauty queen.

03-10-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
21. "You are Kelly"
Welcome, MissMyth! Glad to have you and Libra and Wabbit!

Here ya go:

Good demo, Cygnus. *L*

03-11-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Testing, testing"
But, oooo, I hate tests. I never do well.

Ron is much better at tests. I'm sure.

03-11-05, 02:19 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 03:54 AM (EST)

Hey Joyce... my "skills" won me a million dollars in that other game...

03-11-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
You go girl.

03-11-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Oh, hon, I never said they didn't work. After all: Such "skills" almost got Eva Peron to the vice presidency!

As for me, I think I'll be adopting the "Kim" strategy. I might not be doing any roadblocks for a while. Damn that new rule.

03-12-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
..hmmmm....vice-president....a job that pays well, gets some attention and I don't have to do anything.....

Hey, Rob! We need to talk!

03-12-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
You rang.

03-10-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
19. "A one-time cheat..."
(by playing another character)

Wow! I managed to nearly start an international incident while dead! That spastic guy two seasons ago and that model chick last season had to be alive to do so, and all I had to do was lay here and get weighed!

This is how non-contestants can get in on the game.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Susan and Patrick"
Sign me up please.

03-11-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Susan and Patrick"
Bienvenue! More = merrier.

Will you be Susan:

Or Patrick:

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Susan and Patrick"
Patrick, slap me, I am feeling another panic attack coming on!

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
You know, Freddy baby and I won last season! We are millionaires and now I can have the wedding of my dreams and start making babies for my baby!

~Kendra

Oh heck! I wasn't going to do this, but now it looks like we are getting a bunch of players.

Sign me up too!

I'll take Debbie or Bianca... whichever.

03-11-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

Yay!

If you want to be Bianca, you can speak Spanish!

OK, that means "friend forever", but "amiga por toda la vida" was too long.

ETA: Debbie

I promise I won't try to poison you this time.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
¡Gracias, mi amigo, para correr el juego!

(Thank you, my friend, for running the game!)

~ Bianca

I guess I can do both for now unless/until someone else volunteers.

Yay! BFF's rule!

~ Debbie

I thought I was exempt from the food challenges this time and I do not think they will be going to Ethiopia again this season. At least I didn't have to eat the barf soup, that was baby!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Okay... you convinced me. I'll be Ray please.

03-11-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
30. "Hi, Ray!"
Glad to have you, WCB!

Here's Deana, too:

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Hey, you just ran over my foot!!!

Suck it up! You just have to suck it up!!

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-12-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
Am I on this show?

03-12-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-05 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

Oh, hi honey. Could you carry my backpack for awhile? It's putting unsightly creases in my blouse.

03-16-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
40. "Boston Rob at his best."
Did you see me work those teams? I had them eating from my hands I guaranteed I would not come in last.

03-16-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
41. "New Thread"
For Episode 3, here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/907.shtml

Silly me for not mentioning that there would be a new thread each week! Oops.

kvasir 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kvasir Click to send private message to kvasir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Be the Amazing Racer 7"
i'll sign up for grandma.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •