The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Persons Unknown."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-10, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Persons Unknown."
At a guess, they're about to enter their third week -- their third active and awake week, anyway. They would have lost some time prior to entering the hotel: the surgery would have been the work of hours, but the subsequent healing would have taken at least a few days. (What little technology we've seen is in the 'currently possible' category, so figure no cell regeneration -- the tools being used are already in the box.)

A secret escape plan would require finding either somewhere that wasn't covered by the cameras or knocking out a group of them for enough time to create a blackout zone. They have real trouble with the first, and we've seen that there's at least one backup camera for a given interior observation position. Also -- and this is a very big 'also' -- they're likely being observed in real time: I doubt anyone's just checking their footage once a day in advance of the reality show edit. Serious, coordinated attempts to create privacy will draw attention in a hurry. To some degree, they're speaking in public because there's no place which isn't public.

Codes -- well, they'd have to be developed in public. Doubletalk can be analyzed. Joe and Graham know hand signals, but so does anyone who's studied enough military procedure: it's readable.

What the Guests are trying to do isn't just escape: it's 'find an escape which wasn't already planned for'. I doubt they're the first people to stay at Village 3.0: some of these anti-escape responses and measures are logical thought (which would include stopping a dig-out -- Great Escape, anyone?), but a few were probably developed after seeing other people trying to get away. Effectively, they're stuck in a battle-tested program trying to find the last crashworthy loophole in the code -- and, should they locate one, to use it before the whole thing can be rewritten on them.

That last has its own problems. We already know the Sponsors (my name for their captors, drawn purely out of the air) can get people in and out pretty quickly. I wouldn't place bets against shock-and-awe troops being bunkered under the buildings, waiting outside the pain wall -- anywhere they could swarm in and stop things quickly. I also think that's a last resort: mental warfare first, hand-to-hand last. But there's got to be a command center fairly close by -- and the Guests may eventually force it to send a physical response.

Oh, and Janet? As many times as the plot requires.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-07-10       
   RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-14-10     1  
     RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-15-10     2  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   Loree     06-15-10     3  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   Glow     06-16-10     4  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-21-10     5  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-22-10     6  
     RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-22-10     7  
         RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-24-10     9  
             RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-24-10     11  
                 RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-25-10     14  
                     RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-25-10     16  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   KScott     06-24-10     8  
   Escape methods?   Estee     06-24-10     10  
     RE: Escape methods?   michel     06-24-10     12  
         RE: Escape methods?   Estee     06-25-10     13  
             RE: Escape methods?   michel     06-25-10     15  
   Episode Titles:   michel     06-25-10     17  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-29-10     18  
     RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     06-29-10     19  
         RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     06-29-10     20  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   Loree     07-03-10     21  
   Nobody gets out alive.   Estee     07-06-10     22  
     RE: Nobody gets out alive.   Tummy     07-06-10     23  
         RE: Nobody gets out alive.   Estee     07-06-10     24  
             RE: Nobody gets out alive.   michel     07-06-10     25  
                 RE: Nobody gets out alive.   Estee     07-07-10     26  
                     RE: Nobody gets out alive.   michel     07-07-10     27  
                         RE: Nobody gets out alive.   Estee     07-07-10     28  
                             RE: Nobody gets out alive.   michel     07-07-10     29  
   New Episode   michel     07-18-10     30  
     RE: New Episode   Estee     07-18-10     31  
         RE: New Episode   michel     07-18-10     32  
   Getting with the Program.   Estee     07-25-10     33  
     RE: Getting with the Program.   michel     07-25-10     34  
         RE: Getting with the Program.   Estee     07-25-10     35  
             RE: Getting with the Program.   michel     07-25-10     36  
                 RE: Getting with the Program.   Estee     07-26-10     37  
                     RE: Getting with the Program.   michel     07-26-10     38  
   Help Wanted   michel     08-01-10     39  
     RE: Help Wanted   Estee     08-01-10     40  
         RE: Help Wanted   michel     08-01-10     41  
   What was That?   michel     08-08-10     42  
     RE: What was That?   Estee     08-09-10     43  
         RE: What was That?   michel     08-09-10     44  
   RE: Persons Unknown.   HistoryDetective     08-11-10     45  
     RE: Persons Unknown.   michel     08-11-10     46  
     RE: Persons Unknown.   Estee     08-11-10     47  
         It gets worse:   michel     08-14-10     48  
             RE: It gets worse:   Estee     08-23-10     51  
                 RE: It gets worse:   michel     08-23-10     52  
   Identity   michel     08-22-10     49  
   Seven Sacrifices   michel     08-22-10     50  
   A Boatload of Crap   michel     08-29-10     53  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •