The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-09-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
After last week's entertaining and exciting invitational (where the Unabomber Phil Laak knocked out Humberto Brenes to win it all), this week brings in a surprising number of amateurs to complement 2 very popular pros.

The most notable amateur of the bunch is Susie Kim (I think that is right) for a couple reasons. First, she is a very rare type to make a WPT final, namely a woman. You just don't see many successful female poker players (although there is a talented chunk, such as Evelyn Ng, Annie Duke, Jennifer Harman, Maureen Feduniak, etc.) on the tour, and one at a normal final table is rarely seen (I think the first this season in non-invitational tourneys). Also, she is the ever popular local favorite being a native Californian.

The two pros, however, are very well known and popular.
The most notable to the normal fan would be Chris Moneymaker, the amateur winner of the main event at the 2003 World Series of Poker (which launched the poker frenzy to a full blown level). He won a 40 dollar satellite (entry tournament) to get a seat in the World Series, where he went on to win 2.5 million dollars. This is his first major televised tournament appearence since then and is the main promotional tool of this week.

The second pro is Phil Gordon, likely the most talented player at the table. He is a very accomplished player and co-host of Celebrity Poker Showdown (oddly enough). This is his second WPT final event and he goes into tonight with an amazing chip lead over everyone else.

This could turn out to be a very good episode tonight with the local favorite, Moneymaker, and Gordon stealing the show, or one of the other three amateurs. One more thing of note, if anyone knocks out one of the select pros in the tourney, they get a 5,000 dollar bonus, which could lend itself to the multitudes of amateurs (wanting the bonus) and Phil Gordon's massive lead to begin (a lot of attempts at him and failures, although I am not sure).

FYI, it is on at 9 PM EST and 12 AM EST tonight on the Travel Channel.

---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Ba... Bebo 06-09-04 1
   RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Ba... Fishercat 06-09-04 2
 RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Ba... Fishercat 06-09-04 3
   RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Ba... Bebo 06-10-04 5
 And your winner is... Fishercat 06-09-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-09-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
Oooo, sounds like fun. Isn't Phil the one who won the pro portion of last year's tournament in Aruba, only to get his clock cleaned by the amateur in the the final head-to-head battle? I like him.

Fishercat, did you watch the all-women's invitational last season? I enjoyed that final table.

Have whip, will travel.

06-09-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
Interesting note on the Aruba tournament, Gordon made a massive comeback IIRC to beat Juha Helepi (spelling?), although he looked as good as dead. Juha is one of the better tour pros now. Still shocked I forgot about Kathy Liebert when noting the prominent female poker players on tour (who was in Aruba and I think the invitational).

I saw this year's ladies' night as they termed it (All Women's Invitational), and it was one of the more entertaining nights on tour with Clonie making that massive comeback on Evelyn. I am a bit surprised that Jennifer Harman got booted so early and that Annie Duke got absolutely nothing to deal with card wise, but nevertheless, an entertaining show.
---

06-09-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
Bebo: My bad, you were right, I beleive Gordon did get crushed by Helppi.

Anyway, I am watching now. Couple amateurs got knocked out (including the delightful Suzie Kim who is a great watch, she could be really special), and Gordon is showing his pro prowess after a tough start. He has gotten away with a few bluffs and used the stack to push everyone around.

Moneymaker had a really tough suckout as well, still in the game.
---

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-04, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: World Poker Tour: San Jose's Bay 101 Shooting Stars of Poker"
I couldn't remember Juha's name. I just remembered him from the commercials for an online poker site, asking who Cinderella was.

Have whip, will travel.

06-09-04, 11:10 PM (EST)
4. "And your winner is..."
In dominating fashion, is Phil Gordon. When his stack went out of the chip lead, he turned it up and flat out dominated all the other players (maybe outside of Moneymaker). An amazing job with Gordon catching an ace on the flop to knockout both Moneymaker and the amateur remaining (Manoush? The name is slipping my mind)

CONGRATS PHIL!!!
---

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •