The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-10-01, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
Ok, given what we have, I think it's safe to say that next episode abother Kucha bites the dust. This will create the 5-3 Ogakor advantage. Here's where it will get interesting. If you think about it, no matter what happens from this point on, Jerri won't recieve a vote. Why?

The five remaining Ogakor know that Jerri won't win a Jury vote. If it actually comes to pass that T/K defect and align with E/R, they will then learn that Jerri won't win a jury vote.

Prediction: Jerri makes the final 2 and loses to (fill in blank).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... kandlo 03-10-01 1
   RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... Superman 03-10-01 2
       RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... Play2Survive 03-10-01 3
       RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... kandlo 03-10-01 5
       RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... travelingbetty 03-11-01 9
   RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... SurvivinDawg 03-10-01 8
 RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... ElmersGlue 03-10-01 4
   RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... wolf1bh 03-10-01 6
 RE: Jumping the gun............Jerr... rameses 03-10-01 7
 Jerri's gotta go sooner LowRent 03-11-01 10
   RE: Jerri's gotta go sooner SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 11
       RE: Jerri's gotta go sooner jkkeller 03-12-01 25
   Look at it this way................... Superman 03-11-01 12
       RE: Look at it this way............... GrnEyedLadye 03-11-01 13
           RE: Look at it this way............... Superman 03-11-01 15
       RE: Look at it this way............... SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 14
           RE: Look at it this way............... Superman 03-11-01 16
               RE: Look at it this way............... SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 17
                   RE: Look at it this way............... ACPS65 03-11-01 18
                       RE: Look at it this way............... SurvivinDawg 03-11-01 19
           RE: Look at it this way............... HomeBrewer 03-12-01 20
       RE: Look at it this way............... Siebured 03-12-01 21
           The Lightning Strike at Beginning o... IceCat 03-12-01 23
               RE: The Lightning Strike and Liz-Co... PepeLePew13 03-12-01 24
 too early to tell BaquaR13 03-12-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kandlo 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-10-01, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kandlo Click to send private message to kandlo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
i totally agree ogakor would want a lil breathing room and vote off a kucha of their choice (alicia or nick being the logical choices)
as for jerri not winning a jury vote........as college football analyst lee corso would say........"not so fast my friend!"
the final jury will probably be made up of 4 kuchas and 3 ogakors
jerri has new life with the merger and realistically could have made friends with all of the kuchas. they dont necessarily know of her soap opera diva ways and will make their own opinions of her. plus in survivor 1, i was so sure kelly would have beaten rich in the jury vote but we know what happened there.
k

03-10-01, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
>i was so sure kelly would have beaten rich in the jury vote but we know what happened there.

Yeah, we do and so does everyone who will be in the jury. Remember, the jury hangs out together. Even if the Kucha who are ejected don't know how Jerri is, the booted Ogakor are sure to fill them in.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-01, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
It is logical for the remaining Ogie's to keep Jerri around for a final 2 showdown, but I'm not sure others don't share Keith's and the American viewing public's feeling that they just want her gone. Remember, all the remaining Ogakor except Amber at one time or another have expressed being on a breaking point with Jerri, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an unwise decision to boot Jerri just to get away from her.

You're right, keeping Jerri around is the smart thing to do, but I'm just remembering how "smart" all the Kuchas voted this week. And then there was that presidential election . . . . . .

kandlo 25 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-01, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kandlo Click to send private message to kandlo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
Even if the Kucha who are ejected don't know how Jerri is, the booted Ogakor are sure to fill them in.

i know how easy it can be for kucha to be swayed/influenced by the booted ogakors. but their opinions (2nd hand info for the kuchas) can fall into the category of sour grapes.
the kucha jurors should base their votes on what theyve seen since merger.
k

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
Regarding Rich getting the final positive vote, I don't think that he was as in your face as Jerri has been, at least not in the beginning. Nobody was throwing buckets of water on him before the merge. Rich stated that Jerri tipped her hand too early a few weeks ago.

However, the longer she stays in the game, I think her chances of staying increase. If I was in the final two, I would want her by my side. The only question that I have is whether the Ogas (other than Amber) can stand her for any longer. Also, she appeared to be very nice to the Kuchas per Jeff's interview yesterday, but she has a hard time hiding her true colors.

I think the Okas will definitely keep her for the next couple of rounds, but her number may be up sooner than later.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-01, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
Quoting Corso again: Not so fast, my friend!

Just where did we get the idea that the final jury is 4 Kucha and 3 Ogakor? That assumes and presumes that the Final Two are both Ogakor. What if it's one of each?

Also remember that Keith has said he'd give up his chance to win the million if he could assure that Jerri wouldn't win it, either. If he carries through on this, then I can see him allying with Tina/Rodger/Lis, possibly Colby and perhaps even Amber (black widow?) and Jerri goes to the ranch to eat and become good buddies with Alicia.

I do agree, however, that Jerri plays late into the endgame. Of course, I believe this because I think MB "hired" her to look good in swimsuits (and she does), talk about chocolate and sex, and play mind games. She's earning her keep.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-01, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday and it supports alot of different things. And after looking somebody else's analysis of the girl in the headdress yesterday he/she convinced me that it is Jerri - with one of the men being Keith.

Right now I'm thinking Keith, Jerri, and somebody likeable such as Amber/Liz as the final three with Jerri having to somehow screw Amber/Liz over to avoid having to face her in the final 2 - like Richard/Rudy. This would help to explain MB comment that they make the same mistakes as last time.

wolf1bh 38 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wolf1bh Click to send private message to wolf1bh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
i agree jerri has a great shot but i'm really still thinking colby will eventually turn on keith- even if he dislikes jerri i think hes smart enough to realize theyre all playing for themselves now and keith will be a bigger threat in immunity challenges (look at his determination in the first one)so when it gets to 5-2 i bet jerri amber and colby will say bye keith (the only man left except maybe roger)
final four jerri, amber, colby, liz
i love that jerri has a chance when everyone hates her (cept me of course)! dicque hatch lives!
wolf

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rameses Click to send private message to rameses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jumping the gun............Jerri makes the final 2"
As much as it pains me to say it, I beleive you have a valid argument there, Superman. Anyone who is truly playing the game at this point must be looking ahead to who they will have to face if they make it to the final 2. The only hope of this not happening is for Keith's hatred of Scerri to consume him enough to make him cross the line and join up with the Kuchas to get rid of the *****. The thought that last season could happen again this year is......sickening. She is even worse than Richard Hatch...at least he was executing a game plan, she is just executing people. Well, just for the record, I HATE SCERRI and even though I don't expect it, I wish they would vote her skinny horse's arse out of there!!!!!

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Jerri's gotta go sooner"
3 reasons:

1) She is intolerable enough that her own tribe (Tina, Keith, Colby) will vote her off just to relieve the tension which she causes....They won't be able to put up with her for another 15 odd days.

2) She doesn't deserve the runner up prize money (Isn't it $100,000?) and some contestants will see to it that she goes home without it.

and best reason of all:
3) Beating her in the final vote is just a really WEAK way to play the game--more bitter than sweet. Some contestants I hope would have more pride and self respect than that..If it were me I would rather win in a real contest instead of beating the most detestable person out there.

03-11-01, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jerri's gotta go sooner"
For a million dollars, I'd take bitter over sweet. For a million dollars, pride and self respect will not stand in the way, especially after starving in the Outback for six weeks. For a million dollars, I'll beat the most detestable person out there AND LIKE IT! For a million dollars, I'll play the game as weak or as strong as I need to.

I'm sure I'm not alone in these sentiments, either.

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jerri's gotta go sooner"
I'm with you on this one, Dawg... If there is one person to go into the final two that is GUARANTEED to be more despised than any other, at this point, it's Jerri.

What's going to be interesting, is whether or not any of the other players will pick up on that strategy, and begin to orchestrate a strategy that will KEEP Jerri in the game?!?

03-11-01, 04:50 AM (EST)
12. "Look at it this way......................."
Jerri
vs.
Keith
Tina
Amber
Colby }take your pick of anyone
Rodger
Liz
Alicia
Nick

Match Jerri against anyone on the list and then take the remaining tribe members and find 4 votes.

I know most of this is based on how they seem to interact through editing. Two definates: Keith will not vote for Jerri. Amber will vote for Jerri.

Other definates: Kucha (at this point) is a tight-nit group, if one of their own make the final 2, the rest will vote for them + at least Keith. Even if a Kucha doesn't make it to the final 2, Kucha will probably vote together.

If we can agree that anyone who makes it to the final 2 is playing with the endgame in mind, how could they not try to carry Jerri to the end?

GrnEyedLadye 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrnEyedLadye Click to send private message to GrnEyedLadye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
I agree Superman.....Kuchas will probably vote together!

I sure would like to see Colby in the final 2! He is really
playing the game. I think I could see him get some Kuchas on his side. I just can't stand Jerri.....She is such a bizotch.
I would love for her little follower (Amber) to switch sides HeHe

First time poster. Long time Lurker.

This is The Best Site ever for Survivor!

03-11-01, 09:50 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
Glad you could join us, GrnEyedLadye.

I'm almost to the point where I'd like to see Colby win it too. I used to think that he was a doofus, but alot of his actions as of late lead me to believe that he's smarter than he let's on.

03-11-01, 09:48 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
Agreed, Superman (love that logo of yours, btw) that Jerri doesn't show well against most.

However, I actually think she might win against Keith. Colby and Tina vote for Keith, but Amber could sway Lis, Rodger, Nick to Jerri.

Also interesting would be Jerri vs. Colby, Jerri vs. Tina, and Jerri vs. Nick. Jerri PROBABLY loses to all of them, but I can see Kucha's voting for Colby again (didn't work the first time? let's try him again and see what happens!) and can see an alliance form against Nick.

Jerri has no prayer against Amber, Lis, Rodger and probably Alicia (I don't think Rodger or Alicia makes the final two anyway).

03-11-01, 10:01 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
SurvivinDawg ....Keith vs. Jerri.

Watch the previews of next week and last weeks episode. Lis is already cozy with Keith and Colby. Whether it's strategy or just her overwhelming attraction to men, I dunno......

Lis will vote with Rodger. Rodger and Lis like Keith(up to this point). Colby votes for Keith. Lis likes Colby, Rodger votes with Lis. Worst case scenario:

Jerri - Amber, Nick
Keith - Tina, Colby, Alicia, Lis, Rodger

Jerri and Nick is one that troubled me. For Nick to get to the final two he would have to do some pretty heavy backstabbing and that would probably sway the Kucha vote, BUT he just might get the Oga vote. This is the only scenario I can actually fathom Jerri winning.

>(I don't think Rodger or Alicia makes the final two anyway).<

I don't think Rodger & Alicia make the next two Episodes!

03-11-01, 10:24 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
Lis could be a black widow vis-a-vis Keith and that showing them being "cozy". But I generally agree with you that Jerri doesn't stand well against most anyone. Her alliances are with the younger people (Amber, Mitchell, now possibly Lis and Nick), and to face another younger person breaks that up. Her better chances are against some of the older ones, but Rodger is popular with everyone, especially Lis, and Tina is also popular. Keith has been marked as a bit of a loner, he won the IC that should get Kucha trashed over the next few episodes, so my thinking is that if Jerri has any chance at all, it's best against Keith. Maybe, however, I am underestimating Keith's popularity, so we'll see.

Barring immunities, I agree that Alicia and Rodger are not much longer for this game. To that end, if Alicia wins the next IC, Nick is toast.

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-01, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Look at it this way......................."

>To that end, if Alicia
>wins the next IC, Nick
>is toast.

Ah hell, I think all of Kucha is toast. May be a tad bit bold of me to say, but I think the last episode determined quite a bit...

03-11-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
>Ah hell, I think all of
>Kucha is toast. May
>be a tad bit bold
>of me to say, but
>I think the last episode
>determined quite a bit...

Absolutely. It was far and away the most important TC vote of this entire game, and probably will remain so except for the Final Jury vote to determine the winner. Would you like some jelly with that Kucha toast?

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
>However, I actually think she might
>win against Keith.

I disagree. Mike heard good things about Keith from his team. Unless the good thing is that he stood on a post for Umpteen hours.

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Look at it this way......................."
You're right Superman, if Jerri were to make it to the final 3 or 4 I think they might keep her around. My problem is, I can't see her lasting that long just to keep her in the final two.

First there's Keith's quote saying he doesn't care if he wins and he will do everything he can to make sure she doesn't win. He absolutely will not let her last that long.

I also think in EP8 Jerri is going to get blamed for the camp being washed away. (See link below)

http://members.tripod.com/avianado/severe_weather_warning_at_barramundi_.htm

She's just such a biatch I can't see keeping her around. Plus, it's still early. I'll bet we're gonna see plenty more backstabbing between now and the final 2. Tina's already shown her true colors and we might have the Kucha mole to contend with.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "The Lightning Strike at Beginning of Preview"
The Canadian TV EP8 preview starts off with a pretty wicked lightning strike up the creek bed from where the tribe members are sitting around the fire... Strong enough to cause a little jitter in the video... I wonder if it's the same in the CBS preview.

If the storm that follows is as intense as that lightning strike implies, weather could indeed be a big factor in the next episode...

It's kind of ominous how the creek bed really goes straight off into the distance and into the teeth of the threatening storm... It must be the same view Rodger was looking at when he pointed out the poor location for the camp... it's painfully obvious that water would come straight down that creek bed pretty much unstopped.

I don't think anyone has started a thread regarding the weather as a major factor in EP8. It's kind of hard to decide what merits a thread-worthy topic. I certainly think its worth consideration, though.

IceCat

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-01, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Lightning Strike and Liz-Colby"
The lightning strike and subsequent storm washing away Chez Barramundi will mean the group is likely to be forced to bundle up tightly -- meaning interpersonal relationships will play a bigger role since it's harder for individuals to go for a walk to cool off after a little catfight.

Also... an intriguing thought came to me - I don't know if this has been explored already on the posts elsewhere here... but about Elisabeth and Colby getting cozy, I've heard the rumours that they "might" be an item after Survivor but I can't believe this rumour (at least not yet) -- BUT -- my thought is that Elisabeth now feels desperate to do anything to try and survive to the end because her tribe's down 5-4. In the Canadian preview, she's shown going from person to person perhaps to try and create some new alliances.

The point is... she might be trying to alliance herself with Colby because HE is in the worst position of any of the Ogawhores with 5 votes against him and HE will do whatever it takes to survive. Elizabeth's not going to win just sticking with her tribemates and batting her eyelashes hoping they won't pick her off in a shooting gallery line, so getting chummy with Colby is perhaps her best bet at avoiding becoming dingo meat.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-01, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "too early to tell"
Yes, but if you really think about it, people were saying this
about Richard last year. They said that he wouldn't beat anyone
at the Tribal council, and look what happened. I think that it
is too early in the game to say that she wouldn't win. I think
that there are some people she could beat. But i may be wrong...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •