The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Current Message

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-25-10, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "7/23/10: Injury List"
AKA: Casualty List

Probably my favorite episode of the season so far - so much drama. Where to start, where to start.

I'll start with the good: Buddy. Buddy is always the good, and I loved him in this episode. "Do you notice anything different about me?" Buddy takes off his Panther ring. Big step for Buddy. I love him on the radio show and his hounding of Eric about the Panther game coming up. It's funny to see Eric having to deal with Buddy almost like a child and then sharing a beer with him late into the night, not ready to go home.

Landry & Jess: "I didn't see you coming." It was good to see Landry's parents, and they acted exactly how you would expect these two people to act in this situation - uncomfortable. From his dad's "Your mama must have been a busy woman" to his mom's question about how Jess likes Obama.

I am equally as uncomfortable as Landry's parents, yet it's not about race for me. Even though the ending of Landry & Tyra's relationship was as I would have expected it to be, I wish we would have had a little more closure from it. Surely Tyra would have been back to Dillon at some point - most specificially the arrival of the baby. I just feel cheated somewhat from it. I don't think Landry and Tyra had staying power, and I don't think he and Jess did either.

Speaking of Jess. What a powerful episode for her - from her visit to Vince's mom in the hospital to dinner with the Clarkes, to the scene in the car with Landry, then to the look she and Vince share before the game and then coming home and finding him on her curb. The whole episode and chain of events led to such a powerful reaction to learning of Vince's friend's death (can't think of his name at the moment). Jess and Vince share such a connection. I think that is the biggest reason I don't like Jess and Landry - because Jess and Vince is so much more powerful and real. There is chemistry there. There is no chemistry with Landry.

The Becky Situation:

My, has then been building and brewing. How many of you (well, the four of you ) just screamed at Tim during the whole episode? The celebration dinner - the beginning of the ultimate end here. Becky's mom. You knew when she had that margarita where this was going. And he did everything right up until he goes into that house with Becky. My god, why did he do that? Why didn't he insist on her putting on some clothes adn watching TV in the living room? That whole scene completely killed me. There is a part of me wondering if Tim is having any romantic feelings at all for "Becks."

Poor Tami. I wish she could have just reached over and slapped that lady at the school board meeting. And, just as Landry's parents acted they way I would expect them to, so did Luke's mom. What a performance from her as well.

Luke and his injury, hiding it from coach. What a reaction from Eric. LOL at them calling the same play and the players running a different play. "He mixed up left and right? We didn't cover that in practice, guess we'll need to." Or something along those lines.

Finally Julie. Part of me did laugh at her because I keep thinking back to what Julie did to Matt with the Sweed. Another scene full of the raw emotion that comes from Matt finally calling and Julie finally letting him have it.

What a great episode.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Friday Night Lights Season 4 - NBC ...   samboohoo     05-06-10       
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   Glow     05-10-10     1  
     RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   samboohoo     05-10-10     2  
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   Max Headroom     05-11-10     3  
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   sittem     05-11-10     4  
     RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   samboohoo     05-12-10     5  
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   Max Headroom     05-16-10     6  
   RE: Friday Night Lights Season 4 - ...   emydi     05-28-10     7  
   4:6 Stay   Glow     06-14-10     8  
     RE: 4:6 Stay   samboohoo     06-14-10     9  
         RE: 4:6 Stay   Glow     06-16-10     10  
     RE: 4:6 Stay   Max Headroom     06-22-10     13  
         RE: 4:6 Stay   Glow     06-23-10     14  
   4:7 "In the Bag"   Glow     06-21-10     11  
     RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   samboohoo     06-21-10     12  
         RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   Glow     06-23-10     15  
     RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   Max Headroom     06-23-10     16  
         RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   Glow     06-23-10     17  
             RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   Max Headroom     06-23-10     18  
                 RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   Glow     06-23-10     19  
                     RE: 4:7 "In the Bag"   samboohoo     06-26-10     20  
   4:8 "Toilet Bowl"   Glow     06-28-10     21  
     RE: 4:8 "Toilet Bowl"   Max Headroom     06-29-10     22  
   Anybody besides me still watching?   Max Headroom     07-20-10     23  
     RE: Anybody besides me still watchi...   samboohoo     07-22-10     24  
         RE: Anybody besides me still watchi...   Max Headroom     07-22-10     25  
   7/23/10: Injury List   samboohoo     07-25-10     26  
     RE: 7/23/10: Injury List   Max Headroom     07-25-10     27  
   Season 4 Finale   samboohoo     08-06-10     28  
     RE: Season 4 Finale   Max Headroom     08-07-10     29  
         RE: Season 4 Finale   samboohoo     08-08-10     30  
             RE: Season 4 Finale   Max Headroom     08-10-10     31  
                 RE: Season 4 Finale   samboohoo     08-10-10     32  
                     RE: Season 4 Finale   Max Headroom     08-12-10     33  
                         RE: Season 4 Finale   samboohoo     08-13-10     34  
                             RE: Season 4 Finale   Max Headroom     08-13-10     35  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •