The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Middle-Aged bachelor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-23-04, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Middle-Aged bachelor"
Just read this article on tvguide.com regarding the next season of the Bachelor. opinions anyone?

OLD MAID, ANYONE?: With age comes wisdom, and, ABC hopes, lasting love. In an effort to reverse The Bachelor's romantic losing streak (Jesse and Jessica's recent split made the guys 0-5), sources say the network has recruited a wealthy older gent — we're talking fortysomething, folks — to star in the sixth edition, airing this fall. Rich and middle-aged? Throw in a faint heart, and Anna Nicole Smith will apply.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Middle-Aged bachelor tribephyl 08-05-04 1
   RE: Middle-Aged bachelor LeftPinky 08-06-04 4
       RE: Middle-Aged bachelor tribephyl 08-07-04 5
 RE: Middle-Aged bachelor schmoe 08-06-04 2
 RE: Middle-Aged bachelor RealityAddict 08-06-04 3
   RE: Middle-Aged bachelor RyrieRae 08-07-04 6
       RE: Middle-Aged bachelor KENRI98 08-23-04 7
       butt wait... Sweater_Puffs 09-22-04 16
   RE: Middle-Aged bachelor kelli_blue 09-16-04 14
 Bachelors on Inside Edition Loree 08-24-04 8
   RE: Bachelors on Inside Edition kelli_blue 08-24-04 9
       RE: Bachelors on Inside Edition bdemoney 09-02-04 10
 RE: Middle-Aged bachelor Poncho 09-09-04 11
   Yeah, but.... KScott 09-09-04 12
       RE: Yeah, but.... Poncho 09-09-04 13
 RE: Middle-Aged bachelor Sweater_Puffs 09-22-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-04, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
I will not divulge too much at this time, but this info is true.

The new Bachelor season will indeed feature a well-to-do, manly, sophisticated 40something.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-06-04, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
It's you!?!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
I actually like this idea. Most of these women should be over the thought of "this show will jump start my acting career" and be really looking to settle down with a great guy. Tribephyl aside, I hope they actually found a great guy.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
Thanks Pink, I think. I am manly yet I am not well-to-do, I actually am, only getting, "close" to 40something. Nothing I dread, but let's just get that straight. 30 something, morelike.
However, I do know people connected to bachelor.

The new Bachelor, although not being cast with your ideal partner, is an attractive, thick-pocketed, older and yummy, gentle-man.

It would seem that the production crew took notice of other formulas. This time opting for a WWTMMF format.
I bet their hoping that this time, they feel, they are guaranteed a proposal and possible long-term marriage.
The real question is ... who thinks the guy will actually follow through? Even 40somethings have something to hide.
Know what I mean

Sn'DCS©MMIV
Upon thee, Mike Darnell, I wish a most serious pox.
I've always thought of you as my lover, it's nice to have some reaffirmation.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-06-04, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
With this announcement, and the announcement of Jen as the next Bachlorette, its obvious that the show is only concerned with their female audience. This is going to be please-marry-my-dad all over again. ickkk!

Here's an idea on how to improve on their 0 for 5 record - recruit all the contestents from the same area as the Bachelor(ette). The biggest hurdle to overcome is the distance between bachelor(ette) and their new boy/girlfriend. Somebody has to take the giant step of moving into a new city with a new girl/boyfriend they barely know. Who wants to do that?

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-06-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
This might work. Maybe an older man who actually knows who he is and what he wants will be serious about finding a spouse...and not just trying to see how many hot gals he can smooch.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-07-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
How about just cancel the show. It sucks.

Okay, okay, I of course will tune in. But as soon as they introduce this season's Leigh Ann/Trish, I am turning my TV OFF!

KENRI98 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-23-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KENRI98 Click to send private message to KENRI98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
>How about just cancel the show.
> It sucks.
>
>Okay, okay, I of course will
>tune in. But as
>soon as they introduce this
>season's Leigh Ann/Trish, I am
>turning my TV OFF!

NO..CANCELLING AS WE ALL HAVE TO HAVE SOME OTHER TYPES OF ENTERTAINMENT FROM TIME TO TIME..GOOD SUGGESTIONS HERE THOUGH ON SOME CHANGE OF FORMATS NOTED IN ANOTHER RESPONSE. E.G...ONLY GO TO THE BACHELOR'S OR BACHELORETTE'S HOME TOWN AREA....ALSO HERE YOU MENTION TRISH AND LEIGH ANN BUT I ALSO ADD KRISTIN FROM THE FIRESTONE FINAL TWO TO CORNER WITH THOSE TWO, DON'T YA THINK?.
THAT COULD BE AN IDEA FOR A 3 COMBO BACHELORETTE SHOW...BUT ONLY THESE 3! NOW WE ALSO HAVE TO THINK OF 3 GUYS AS BOB IS NOW MARRIED....ANYONE GAME? ONE..THE GUY THAT MEREDITH BOWLED WITH? CAN'T THINK OF HIS NAME AT THE MOMENT WITH THE DARK HAIR.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-04, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "butt wait..."
"I'd like a rose because I like really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really waaaant one." - don't forget Jenny.

"I wasn't talking to you Jenny, if I was, I'd say Jenny." - LeAnne

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
>This might work. Maybe an
>older man who actually knows
>who he is and what
>he wants will be serious
>about finding a spouse...and not
>just trying to see how
>many hot gals he can
>smooch.

I agree with you! I hope whoever the bachelor picks, it works out this time.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Bachelors on Inside Edition"
Both the bachelors Jay and Byron were on today's Inside Edition. Byron is the longer haired outdoorsy type and Jay is the short haired business suit type. Both seemed to have a nice personality. I know they are the same age. But Jay seemed older.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bachelors on Inside Edition"
I liked the shorter haired business guy...he *appealed* to me more, lol.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-02-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bachelors on Inside Edition"
It will be interesting to see who the women choose...

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
My favorite 'so far' is Byron! I think he is a cutie

Poncho

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-09-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Yeah, but...."
how exciting could fishing be? I don;t know about dating let alone marrying a professional fisherman. When I think of fishing I think boooorrrring.....

- Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Yeah, but...."
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-04 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

>how exciting could fishing be?
>I don;t know about dating
>let alone marrying a professional
>fisherman. When I think
>of fishing I think boooorrrring.....
>

Well that is funny that you said that, my husband is a "semi" pro bass fisherman and working on being a full time pro. Personally I don't like fishing but of course he loves it. I go with him sometimes just to get sun and read. It really is not boring when they get into some of the big time tournaments, those weigh in's can be kind of fun.

edited to add that fishing can make alot of money too

(Big-buck bassing … Over the course of the four-day 2004 FLW Championship, several pro anglers expressed their thankfulness for fishing a tournament circuit that leaves a $500,000 pot of gold at the end of the season.)

Poncho

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-22-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Middle-Aged bachelor"
No, not an old maid, refreshing. Should be interesting to see if this age group can behave any better than their younger victims, I mean, contestants.

Don't knock older, well-seasoned booty. They say once you've had it, you'll never go baaaaaack!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •