The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Less to bash"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Less to bash"
It seems the producers have tried to address the bunching and airport time we griped about last season.

For the first flight, if teams didn't check arrival time and just went for the earlier depature time, they were screwed.

And for the second flight, I liked the way the teams had to dig for pre-assigned flight tickets. And they way the hills of sand were positioned, you could almost expect that some lazy, out-of-shape, and/or dumb teams wouldn't look at all three before digging. This rewarded the smarter, better conditioned, and/or less lazy teams. Then it started a chain reaction that was almost comical. Later teams assumed the hill where people were digging was for the earliest flight and just crowded in without checking the other hills.

There was still bunching, but there were subsets within the bunching which were related to ability or merit.

I'm hoping the producers also reduce some of the bunching caused by opening times.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Less to bash mrc 03-02-05 1
 The $10,000 mat prize ElroyJetson 03-02-05 2
 Aren't all first episodes like this... FFantasyFX 03-02-05 3
   RE: Aren't all first episodes like ... Karchita 03-02-05 4
 Bunching trigirl 03-09-05 5
   RE: Bunching Karchita 03-09-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Less to bash"
I definitely liked last night better b/c of the lack of bunching. Hopefully, that trend continues.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The $10,000 mat prize"
So far the producers are trending toward making the game more competitive and forcing the racers to think and be more thorough. I ESPECIALLY liked the $10,000 prize at the mat. This will force the racers to be competitive all the way to the mat and not be as likely to give first place to a "friend" team.

What could more first place prizes? More cash? Cars? Jewelry? Ya never know now and that makes for good TV.

Elroy

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Aren't all first episodes like this?"
I've been watching TAR since the inaugural season, and I can't think of any edition that had unnecessary bunching in the first episode. By now, TAR producers have gotten first leg construction design down to an art: have multiple flights with limited seating to the first destination (TAR5 was actually the first to pull the first flight to leave is the last to arrive trick), have a task at the midpoint of the episode to subdivide the groups into three, and then let the teams in the last group fight it out to avoid elimination. The first leg used to be even more strategic: one or more teams in the last group would almost always go for the Fast Forwadr to avoid potential elimination.

Now, I'm not claiming that the producers didn't resolve last season's needless bunching. However, it's much too early to make that conclusion based on the first episode, which is always well-plotted out in my experience.

03-02-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Aren't all first episodes like this?"
Thanks for the historical perspective. I haven't seen that much of the earlier seasons. You are probably right that time will tell if we are going to see bunches of bunching this season.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-09-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bunching"
I also liked how in Episode 2 the racers were assigned flights based on their speed in the shoe-shine task. That meant they were rewarded for their task, not for having the fastest cab to the airport.

03-09-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Bunching"
Right, and again we saw less of the predictable leaning-over-the-counter-being-rude-to-the-ticket-agents behavior.

It's a trend I hope continues.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •