The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Ultimate Love Test"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-04, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Ultimate Love Test"
This show premiers tonight on ABC, at 10/9 c. I haven't seen or heard very much about this show. From the description on the ABC website, here, it looks to be a rip off of Temptation Island.

From what I read, it looks like 4 couples take some sort of test, then they are separated. One half of each couple is left at home, and the other half is taken to a resort to have their relationship tested.

Sounds awful, but I might just have to watch.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Ultimate Love Test SurvivorBlows 06-02-04 1
   No wonder! true 06-02-04 3
 RE: The Ultimate Love Test weltek 06-02-04 2
 RE: The Ultimate Love Test nailbone 06-02-04 4
 RE: The Ultimate Love Test mookiemeister 06-02-04 5
   RE: The Ultimate Love Test SurvivorBlows 06-02-04 6
       RE: The Ultimate Love Test missygirl3 06-02-04 7
           RE: The Ultimate Love Test redphinn 06-02-04 8
 Opinions? weltek 06-03-04 9
   RE: Opinions? Schnookie Palookie 06-03-04 10
       RE: Opinions? missygirl3 06-03-04 11
       RE: Opinions? SurvivorBlows 06-03-04 12
           RE: Opinions? anotherkim 06-03-04 13
 RE: The Ultimate Love Test Loree 06-09-04 14
 Brandon Loree 06-09-04 15
   RE: Brandon SurvivorBlows 06-10-04 16
       RE: Brandon true 06-11-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
We haven't run a story on it yet because even ABC seems to be giving up on the show already -- they haven't put out a single press release yet, which is pretty much unheard of.

I think they are saving themselves for "The Two-Timer" -- that premieres June 23 and looks much more entertaining (and I'm working on a story on it now, as well as stories about Joe Schmo 2 -- Spike mailed me a screener of the first episode, it's pretty good -- and TBS' Outback Jack.)

I'm pretty sure ABC's Love Test is DOA...

-SB

06-02-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "No wonder!"
I saw it in my tv linup this morning, so I searched this site for info. When I came up blank, I should have known it probably wasn't worth mentioning.

I did find it odd that this show has had such little promo. I haven't heard of "The Two-Timer" either. ABC sucks at reality show promotion. (unless it's The Bachelor. ugh)

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
I'll be watching only because there isn't anything else on tv. I'm guessing that's what they are banking on.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-04, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
ABC.com still indicates it to be showing tonight...

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice
Licensed Cabana Boy and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03 o-

Congrats on 6K, True!!

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-04, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
I'll tune in for the show tonight. It's just a single show, right? No spanning several episodes. At most I'll end up wasting 1 hour of my life.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

06-02-04, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
>I'll tune in for the show
>tonight. It's just a
>single show, right? No
>spanning several episodes. At
>most I'll end up wasting
>1 hour of my life.

I believe its four episodes, with each featuring one couple, but I could be wrong.

Frankly, I expect it to be much worse than last year's equally unpromoted "The Dating Experiment" -- which in watching a couple of the episodes, actually was pretty decent (that was the show where two strangers spent several days together acting out scenes from a diary while not knowing anything else about the other person... with one of the funnier episodes matching a Vegas stripper with some prim and proper mid-Western.)

-SB

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
I might go ahead and watch it. Just to see. ABC needs to abondon their reality show dreams. They have not had one good idea besides "The Bachelor" and even that star is fading. Remember The Family and I'm a Celebrity......... ?? Yikes.

redphinn 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-02-04, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redphinn Click to send private message to redphinn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
Well, the first episode has aired. I came across it on the guide and decided to give it a watch. I'm not sure I've really formed an opinion of this show, other than UGH!!

The format so far:

4 couples testing their relationships

1 of each of the couples is sent on a mysterious 3 week test, leaving the other one at home. It seems to me that the initial person leaving was the one more likely to stray, and the one left at home is more the jealous type. In the video previews they show each of them reacting to videos from their partner(including footage of both of them)

Once they are separated, each of the people leaving are told they are going to a tropical resort. The show has hand picked someone for them to spend the next 3 weeks with.

Heather/Frank - Heather's ex boyfriend C.R. is there for her
Kenesha/Brandon - woman Brandon met at an office from back home is there for him
Amber/Diego - Amber gets a guy who wants to travel (something Diego doesn't want to do)
Carolyn/Jayre - Jayre gets three dream women to spend his time there

Seriously, do any of these couples have a chance, it seems to me that they have all odds against them. The worst part is that it's really going to affect their relationships in the long run and if it's not even going to last on TV, not all the episodes are shown, than what's the point?!?

I really don't agree with the fact that someone they already know is the one who they are testing there relationship with, I don't know it just doesn't seem right.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Opinions?"
Well, IMHO, it was ok. Like I said in another thread, I'm all about short reality dating shows, so this format is great. I'm glad the producers really thought about which half to send away & which to stay at home. The made all the really insecure people stay at home & all the party people go to Cabo.

My hopes/predictions:
Jayre will cheat in many forms (at least kissing). His girlfriend back home will be quite sad, but will forgive him in the end.

Brandon will at least kiss the girl and do as much as he thinks he can get away with. It will be too much for his girlfriend & they'll break up.

Rock star girl won't do anything bad, but will have doubts. Insecure boyfriend will be a real jerk about it, but they'll stay together. I don't give em long before she's miserable, though. BF will repeatedly remind her of the flirtation with the ex & continue to be insecure.

Who is the other couple...Amanda & Diego? She'll have a great time, have fun with the attention, but will miss Diego. They'll stay together.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Opinions?"
If I were Jayre, I'd run like heck from his girlfriend (Carolyn?). Wow! She freaked me out when she was talking about needing three rings before a wedding ring. A little high maintenance huh? Then she's harping at him while he's cooking. Sheesh girl. He's cooking for you. Shut Up! As much as these two shouldn't be together, I have a feeling that they'll stick with each other. Pffffft!

Brandon creeped me out. He just seems like a horny teenage boy Being in Cabo with a girl he has a crush on is just asking for trouble. I don't think he'll be able to hold himself back. I hope his girlfriend leaves him but she'll probably keep him. Sap!

Rock star girl. Her boyfriend really has a temper huh? I have a feeling that she'll leave him in the end. Like she said, her ex-boyfriend and her are being given a 2nd chance. I say go for it.

I agree with you about Amanda and Diego probably staying together in the end. A shame though because he's really a drip and keeping her back from her dreams. There's nothing for her in Vermont professionally. She tells him she wants to see the world. He tells her that he's seen the world and it's not all that great. HELLOOOOOO Mr. Drip! Don't you think it would be nice if SHE could see it for herself?? Pffffffft!

An IceCat Classic

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-03-04, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Opinions?"
I agree with everything you said schnookie. Carolyn is so freaking annoying. This show is OK, but I dont know if I will continue to watch it. I just didnt really care about any of the couples. I think Diego is a little full of himself and I the only person I like is Brandons girlfriend. I think her name was Janesha.

06-03-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Opinions?"
>If I were Jayre, I'd run like heck from his girlfriend
>(Carolyn?). Wow! She freaked me out when she was talking
>about needing three rings before a wedding ring. A little
>high maintenance huh? Then she's harping at him while he's
>cooking. Sheesh girl. He's cooking for you. Shut Up! As
>much as these two shouldn't be together, I have a
>feeling that they'll stick with each other. Pffffft!

Maybe it's just me, but I also don't understand how someone can claim to be a "graduate student" and talk like that -- can you really get all the way into grad school without a fundamental understanding of even the most basic rules of grammar??? And if so, what's that say about the school?

-SB

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Opinions?"
can you really get all the way into grad school without a fundamental understanding of even the most basic rules of grammar???

Yes, and you can even get a doctorate. It's unreal and sad.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I'm guessing it's more predominant at state schools, though .

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Ultimate Love Test"
I watched it because I was bored. I still don't remember their names. And so far nobody came off as really likeable. I guess I'll watch again tonight and see if I watch the rest or not.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-04, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Brandon"
Brandon is the same person that got booted from BigBrother last season for calling his girlfriend from the hotel. Remember he was on the original cast photos that were released on the BB website. Then he just wasn't on the the show. I guess he got on another reality show now.

06-10-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Brandon"
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-04 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

>Brandon is the same person that got booted from BigBrother last
>season for calling his girlfriend from the hotel. Remember
>he was on the original cast photos that were released
>on the BB website. Then he just wasn't on
>the the show. I guess he got on another
>reality show now.

Wierd... I missed this week's episode, but I thought he looked familiar. Here's the story from last year:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1367

And apparently this is actually the DAW's third show. And he's proud of it:

http://www.surfingbarrels.com/AboutMe/reality.htm

Rachel for FLOM3 also looks very familiar for some reason...

-SB

06-11-04, 07:54 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Brandon"
Wow, what a dolt!

I read your link, SB, and I can't believe the lengths that guy went to to make a phone call. What a doofus!

Sounds like he and Kenesha don't survive the love test.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •