The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SEX "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-01, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SEX "
I want to talk about Betrayal too, but I'll do that later so I don't get accused of being a greedy whore. I'll settle for being a desperate whore like everyone else.

We have all heard that S2 has a lot to do with sex, but we haven't really seen that play out yet. I haven't heard anyone dispute the validity of the statement, made by an S2 cameraman's. Here's the quote: "Sexuality plays a very big role in this competition. Alliances depend heavily on it, right down to the final four. After that, I saw them sunbathing nude and walking around camp wearing nothing."

Hmmmm. Guess what folks? All along I've been thinking about (the act of) sex as opposed to gender. I think I'm beginning to see that he was really talking about the ladder: gender.

Theory presented: either the men or the women are going to team up and boot the other gender off. As it stands, the women have a 5-4 edge. In E7, we saw for the first time the genders separated from each other. The women bonded more than the men. Throughout the episode, I saw the men basically wandering about while the women showed signs of unity. Here are some clues about the relationships between the women:

1. In E7, Elizabeth was wearing Jerri's shawl.
2. We know that Alicia becomes friends with Jerri.
3. Amber and Jerri have always been close.
4. Tina and Amber have bonded the past couple episodes.
5. Liz and Alicia, holding hands, trek through the woods to Ogie camp feeling really close.

Is this all foreshadowing? Here's more (possible) evidence:

1. From the beginning there's been a theory that the final 2 are women.
2. Elizabeth doesn't want her friends to watch (out of character betrayal of Rodger?)
3. Jerri's weak shopping and gift to mom.
4. "Black widow, black widow, black widow."
5. E8 titled "Friends?" with preview suggesting a betrayal.
6. Fractured male/female relationships: Jerri/Keith, Jerri/Colby, Alicia/Jeff-no-more, Alicia/Nick.
7. Would mixed sexes sunbathe nude?

I know there's more, but at this point I'm interested in letting my fellow whores either a) add evidence I've missed, or b) refure my theory to dust.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SEX kdzrgon 03-09-01 1
 Female final three AyatollahKhomeini 03-09-01 2
   RE: Female final three frogspit 03-09-01 5
   Mad Dog 4 ? Krautboy 03-09-01 7
       Maralyn's chat AyatollahKhomeini 03-09-01 10
           RE: Maralyn's chat Krautboy 03-10-01 11
               RE: Maralyn's chat Play2Survive 03-10-01 13
 RE: SEX AnnaGator 03-09-01 3
   RE: SEX Ronnet 03-09-01 4
       RE: SEX brewerr 03-09-01 6
 RE: SEX janisella 03-09-01 8
   RE: SEX Play2Survive 03-09-01 9
 RE: SEX Minstrel 03-10-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kdzrgon 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-09-01, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzrgon Click to send private message to kdzrgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SEX "
at this point I'm interested in letting my fellow whores either a) add evidence I've missed, or b) refure my theory to dust.

I really cannot do either, but I will say my initial reaction last night (when MB sent all females to 1 camp, males to the other) was that he was looking to encourage just such a same-sex alliance.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Female final three"
I've already posted my speculation that the final three are female elsewhere. I'd like to add that it seems to me that MB manipulated this by having male-female merge meetings (and subsequent camp teardowns). In effect, he was trying to encourage the formation of cross-tribe alliances through gender-bonding. A nice way to let Jerri save herself from the wrath of Keith.

Interesting: the best clue we've had so far came from Debb's list of friends. Could the next big clue be the Mad Dog 4? You know my thoughts -- I'm not picking against it.

Or, as the other desperate attention whores put it:

Final 4: Amber "Buy-a-vowel" Brkich, Elisabeth "Shoes" Filarski, Jerri "Preying" Manthey, Nick "The Mole" Brown

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-01, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Female final three"
>I've already posted my speculation that the final three are female
>elsewhere.

I also like the Mad Dog theory. It seems reasonable to me that Jerri would pull it off in Ep 9. Here's how it'd play:

Alicia booted in Ep 8 leaves just Nick, Rodger, Elisabeth in Kucha. They all know they're on the chopping block next. Their objective becomes to play for just a richer chunk of money by lasting a little longer. Same goes for Jerri, except that she's going for all the marbles! Jerri knows that with Ogawhore at 5-3 she may be going next, so she now has incentive to form a covert coalition to go as far as possible... even to the end. Amber will be coerced into following Jerri. Jerri approaches Elisabeth (the 'don't watch' theory a la Rodger) and Nick (a mole?). All four know they can go further in the game with this new coalition (with the possible exception of Amber but she's dumber than spit). Let's look at the votes in Ep 9 if Jerri is able to keep her Black Widow coalition a secret from Ogawhore and especially Rodger:

TC#9:
Colby - 5 votes (4 from Black Widow coalition, 1 from Rodger)
Nick - 3 votes (Colby, Keith, Tina)

Colby is gone. Now look what we have after Ep 9:

Back Stab Coalition = Jerri, Amber, Elisabeth, Nick
Clueless Ogawhores = Keith, Tina

Rodger is left hanging, but oop, it's already too late. The Back Stab Coalition picks off Keith, Tina, Rodger in short order and the coalition members advance further than they otherwise would have.

TC#10 - Keith (barring IC)
TC#11 - Tina ("")
TC#12 - Rodger ("")

That leaves Jerri, Amber, Elisabeth, Nick in the Final Four.

Next is utterly speculative:

TC#13 = Nick (the females vote in a block a la the sex theory?)
TC#14 = Amber (Liz wins IC?, votes Amber, Jerri votes Amber,
Amber votes Jerri.)

Finale = Jerri, Elisabeth ... Elisabeth wins! Please, make it so!

All this fits into all the theories (Jerri's gifts, Liz's newspaper, Maralyn theory, weight loss, sex, etc). I still think it's very likely this game is played out just like the last one with Ogawhore picking off Kucha in very short order and the Black Widow theory could only be a red herring... but if it isn't, this new coalition playout seems reasonable and advantageous to the participants. See any obvious flaws with it?

Final Four - Jerri, Amber, Elisabeth, Nick

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-09-01, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Mad Dog 4 ?"
AK, can't find this thread. Can you help? Either summarize it for me or tell me where to find it? Thanks...

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-09-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Maralyn's chat"
Krautboy, I'll summarize first and then add the link. In Maralyn's final chat, she was asked which of the ex-survivors she had kept in touch with. She named all of them except five (in alphabetical order): Amber, Elisabeth, Jerri, Michael, Nick. Back on the ss.com DCForum board, flying squirrel (a regular poster on this board who had been MIA lately) dubbed this the "Mad Dog 4 + 1" and theorized that Maralyn was trying to give up the IDs of the final four, without violating MB's confidentiality agreement and owing $5 million. The idea was rejected out of hand -- but it made sense then and makes more sense now.

Maralyn never got to know Michael, because he was hospitalized until the survivors left Oz. But she knew Amber very well: she gave Amber her "Mad Dog" hat when she was voted out, and she said in one chat that she called Amber the "Mad Pup." Maralyn certainly didn't seem to hold Amber's vote against her in E3, just as she hasn't held Mitchell's vote against him (she didn't know about Tina's vote). So why wasn't Amber on her list? And Elisabeth seems to be the type of person who would be friendly toward Maralyn (we've seen her with Rodger); why is she also missing?

It's possible that Maralyn blames Jerri for being voted off -- but she doesn't blame Mitchell, and he says he was the co-leader of the alliance with Jerri. We never saw that thanks to MB, but it makes sense that if Maralyn didn't hold it against Mitchell, she wouldn't hold it against Jerri. In short, there does not appear to be any reason for these three women to not be on Maralyn's list of contacts -- unless she was trying to send a message. While the situation is less clear with Nick, Jerri would need a 4-person alliance to be sure of getting rid of the other Ogies before they picked her off.

CJ has speculated that a double-cross by Jerri is a long shot. But I think Jerri and Amber are aware that in an Ogakor final five, each of them will be booted the moment she loses immunity, because Colby, Keith and Tina will be the final three. Jerri is no Sean, willing to sit back and accept fifth. She wants the whole enchilada, and Amber will go along with her. And she'll probably target Colby first, to chop the leader away from Keith and Tina.

Another thread has speculated that Tina could be part of an "estrogen alliance" with J, A, and E. I think there is no chance of this coming to pass. The article in the Tennessee paper that described Mitchell coming to visit Benedict Tina clearly expressed Tina's continuing dislike for Jerri. To me, that can only mean that Jerri messed up Tina's greased ride into the final three with her "brother" -- because with the exception of Kimmi and Alicia, the survivors all seem to be one big happy family now that the game has been over for three months.

So, in great length, that's the Mad Dog 4 theory, Krautboy. If you still want to read the previous posts, I'm sure I can find them, but now that I've written this much, I'm not going to add the link unless you request it.

And -- to flying squirrel and LoudMouth Lee -- hope you come back into the fray soon!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-10-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Maralyn's chat"
AK, thanks for taking the time to "summarize". I'd hate to see what you write when you "elaborate". Anyway I find much of what you wrote still valid.

What I'm looking for right now is supporting evidence for the "source code" final two. And obviously both the "Mad Dog 4+1", and the "final three female" support it.

Also, you or someone brought up a rumor from early on, of a two female final two. Do you recall the thread?

It may still be two early to concentrate on the final four, but I am going to make sure that any of my speculation about EP8 is consistent with what I believe is a CBS oversight. Just like MB said the survivors made the same mistakes, MB also made the same mistakes in underestimating the Survivor spoiler teams!

Thanks again for your help. Look forward to reading more of your stuff...

03-10-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Maralyn's chat"
>
>What I'm looking for right now
>is supporting evidence for the
>"source code" final two. And
>obviously both the "Mad Dog
>4+1", and the "final three
>female" support it.

I think AK's (and MadDog's) final 4 could fit in with my "estrogen pact" theory if the following things happen.

E8: Alicia is booted.
E9: Pact starts when women realize they will win a 4-4 tie. Colby walks.
E10: Keith is out. Jerri wins that battle.
E11: Nick wins immunity. Rodger walks. Liz is tortured.
E12: Nick wins immunity again (would expect MB to set up IC's Nick would win). Jerri and Amber choose Liz over Tina. Tina's gone.

Final four: NICK, JERRI, AMBER AND LIZ.

>Also, you or someone brought up
>a rumor from early on,
>of a two female final
>two. Do you recall the
>thread?
>

I don't remember a specific thread about a female final 2, but perhaps AK or someone else will know of one. It seen it rumored for several weeks now but haven't been able to identify source.

AnnaGator 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-01, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnnaGator Click to send private message to AnnaGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SEX "
I think a male (Rodger?) made a comment last night about hearing rumors of an all-female alliance. At the time I thought it seemed out of place and way off base. I'm definitely having second thoughts, now. Did anyone else hear it, or is it just those little voices again?

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-09-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SEX "
Hi AnnaGator and welcome

I must be hearing little voices too because I have a similar rememberance.

brewerr 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brewerr Click to send private message to brewerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SEX "
as for same sex nude sunbathing, do you think they requested an all same sex camera crew, producers, medics... etc... for that little time of bonding?

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-09-01, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SEX "
It's funny that you mention a male vs. female thing. I thought of that early on, but kind of dismissed it when it looked like the same sex members of both tribes didn't seem to click. Last night I thought the men seemed to click better than the women, but then both votees were men, so they obviosly hadn't formed any kind of alliance. It might be a total hoot if it turned out the women had decided to "stick" with their tribes and convince them to vote for the men of one tribe off first (I could see all but Elisabeth doing this) then ditch their tribes and become a voting block themselves when it was down to them and a few men left. They could vote the last men off and be the final 5 (of course immunity could mess this up).

With respect to the "sexuality" quote. My gut reaction was that maybe there were enough homosexuals in the game to form a gay alliance, but it doesn't look like that's a possibility. Maybe someone does "do the nasty" and the rest of the tribe breaks ranks to dispose of the culprits.

More rambling. sorry folks.

j.

03-09-01, 09:01 PM (EST)
9. "RE: SEX "
>
>With respect to the "sexuality" quote.
> My gut reaction was
>that maybe there were enough
>homosexuals in the game to
>form a gay alliance, but
>it doesn't look like that's
>a possibility.
>

With gay Richard's big coupe in S1, perhaps the Survivors came with gaydar to pick off all the gay, or perceiveably gay, players right away. Let's see, Debb (yeah, she has a 12 year old boyfriend, but clues: hair/prison job), Kel (the military thing), Maralyn (hair/voice), Mitch (favorite group: Abba), Jeff (blond streaks). Hmmmm, could Alicia (muscles) be next?

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-10-01, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SEX "
It wouldn't matter if anyone had sex, we wouldn't see footage except enough to say, "They're going to do it!" Enter one million posts on "them doing it."

Sure, it would affect the game, but I think the other survivors would block vote against them. Who wants that around them in this game? Not Colby, Keith, Tina, Rodger, Elisabeth, Alicia, or Nick. That only leaves Amber and Jerri and we saw their "episode."

If anything, this is hype falling apart and perhaps to MB's dismay.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •