The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Unfair...not in Chicago"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

panamabob 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-12-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail panamabob Click to send private message to panamabob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Unfair...not in Chicago"
What I didn't like was that the first team to skydive had to wait for the second team. That stuff happened all season...If next year is a year of bunching them up intentionally, then it will be my last.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thread moved here from Fanatics IceCat 02-12-05 1
 RE: Unfair...not in Chicago seahorse 02-14-05 2
   RE: Unfair...not in Chicago tvgeek401 02-15-05 3
       RE: Unfair...not in Chicago gerk 02-15-05 4
       RE: Unfair...not in Chicago seahorse 02-16-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Thread moved here from Fanatics"

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Unfair...not in Chicago"
I would bet you don't make it half way thru the first leg before you decide you've had enough. The bunching is a necessary evil to keep the race close and interesting. When a team gets a one day lead on all the rest, the drama is gone.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-15-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Unfair...not in Chicago"
I agree that bunching is necessary, but it was done to an excess last season. The race wasn't a race to the end of the leg, it was a race to the next bunching point. Teams who did well from leg to leg never got an advantage. I can think of several times last season where one or two teams arrived at a point several hours ahead of the rest but were stuck until all teams arrived.

Bunching is good, bunching on so many tasks loses the point of the race-to be the best racer throughout the race, not just on the last part of each leg.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

gerk 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-15-05, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gerk Click to send private message to gerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Unfair...not in Chicago"
Fer sure...TAR6 was more of a tepid race b/c of the bunching. A little distance between teams would not have changed the overall results all that much.

"Humans are some of the funniest people"

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Unfair...not in Chicago"
There is no doubt that I agree there is too much bunching but for the casual watcher of the race, a close finish in most episodes is desired so the producers will keep on bunching although they might scale it back a bit. They ought to allow the airline flights and actual opening and closing times to facilities to cause the bunching but not allow planned waits till other contestants arrive and modified opening and closing times to cause the bunching.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •