The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S35Wk01 VidCap Analysis *No Sources..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Sheldor 4626 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-25-17, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Jeff Probst on if there are too man..."
Survivor: Jeff Probst on if there are too many idols and advantages
The host calls Cirie’s controversial exit ‘the most alive I’ve ever been at Tribal’
DALTON ROSS@DALTONROSS
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 6, 2017 AT 10:00AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/06/survivor-jeff-probst-heroes-healers-hustlers-idols-advantages/

There is no doubt that hidden immunity idols and secret advantages have led to some of the most dramatic moments ever on Survivor. Make a list of the most exciting Tribal Councils and most will include some form of an idol (or multiple idols) being played. But have we hit maximum capacity on the number of idols and secret advantages being introduced?

That was a question worth asking during last season’s Game Changers . Instead of just one secret advantage, the show stuffed in three different ones. Then, at the final six, you had the unthinkable happen when five out of six people had immunity due to Brad’s immunity win, Sarah’s Legacy immunity, Troyzan’s hidden immunity idol, Tai’s first immunity idol (which he used on himself), and Tai’s second immunity idol (which he gave to Aubry).

That means Cirie was “voted out” even though she did not have a single vote cast against her, simply because she was the only one who did not have some form of immunity. We asked host Jeff Probst while on location in Fiji (for Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, which debuts Sept. 27 on CBS, and season 36, which airs 2018) if this had caused them to reexamine how many idols and advantages to put into the game moving forward.

“We have a board,” Probst explains, “and it’s just basically a layout of the entire season. We can account for certain things — when we are going to put an advantage in the game… What we can’t account for is when an idol can be played.”

In the video above, Probst explains how what happened to Cirie was actually a dream come true for producers. “My one big hope was, there will be a night where there is absolute chaos,” says the host, who also reveals that when it all went down, it was “probably the most alive I’ve ever been at Tribal” because Probst was, like viewers, doing the math on the spot to figure out what it all meant as everyone started using their immunities.

Not only does Probst say that watching someone go out in such fashion will not result in limiting idols or advantages in the future, but he looks at the unique Cirie ouster as the defining moment of last season. “I thought that was fantastic,” says the host. “That was the poster. If you’re building a poster for the movie Survivor: Game Changers, you want Reservoir Dogs. You want all guns pointed in the last episode. That was the Survivor gods looking down at us saying, ‘We’re going to reward you with another gift.’”

What do you think? Did you love or loathe that many immunities being used at once? And should there be limits on idols and advantages in the future? To see Probst’s complete thoughts on the controversial Cirie exit and why it does not change anything moving forward, watch the video above. And for more Survivor scoop, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S35Wk01 VidCap Analysis *No Sources...   Sheldor     09-18-17       
   Jeff Probst's Castaway Assessment   Sheldor     09-18-17     1  
   I'm Not Crazy, I'm Confident (Previ...   Sheldor     09-18-17     2  
   Heroes, Healers & Hustlers (Preview...   Sheldor     09-18-17     3  
   S35Wk01 Press Images   Sheldor     09-19-17     4  
     RE: S35Wk01 Press Images   Flowerpower1     09-22-17     5  
   How a teen came up with the 1st cha...   Sheldor     09-25-17     6  
   Jeff Probst promises one of the bes...   Sheldor     09-25-17     7  
     RE: Jeff Probst promises one of the...   Flowerpower1     09-25-17     8  
   Jeff Probst reveals the HHH players...   Sheldor     09-25-17     9  
   RE: S35Wk01 VidCap Analysis *No Sou...   Sheldor     09-25-17     10  
   Jeff Probst on if there are too man...   Sheldor     09-25-17     11  
   Survivors Speak Out   Sheldor     09-25-17     12  
   First 6 minutes video   CTgirl     09-26-17     13  
     RE: First 6 minutes video   Sheldor     09-26-17     14  
         RE: First 6 minutes video   CTgirl     09-26-17     18  
             RE: First 6 minutes video   Sheldor     09-27-17     21  
                 RE: First 6 minutes video   CTgirl     09-27-17     28  
   BTS Challenge Preview of “Track of ...   Sheldor     09-26-17     15  
   HHH - Ben, Desi, Patrick ad   Sheldor     09-26-17     16  
   HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   Sheldor     09-26-17     17  
     RE: HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   Flowerpower1     09-27-17     19  
         RE: HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   Flowerpower1     09-27-17     20  
             RE: HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   kingfish     09-27-17     22  
                 RE: HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   Sheldor     09-27-17     24  
             RE: HHH Ashley, Joe, Ali ad   Sheldor     09-27-17     23  
                 Testing   Flowerpower1     09-27-17     25  
                     RE: Testing   Sheldor     09-27-17     26  
   HHH - Ben, Jessica, Ryan ad   Sheldor     09-27-17     27  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •