The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A few words from John Kruk."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A few words from John Kruk."
Apparently it's Reality TV Day on ESPN's website. One columnist has an article comparing the Knicks' fascination with Stephon Marbury to Trish still being in the Bachelor pool -- and now this extended Fair Use quote from Kruk's column.

'You can all admit it now, too. You watch "American Idol."

What the hell happened with the vote this week? How can America screw up a vote that badly? Well, they voted me onto an All-Star team, so I can sort of understand what they are capable of, but this is a joke.

They kick off Jennifer Hudson after she kicks butt with that Barry Manilow song -- but Big Red John Stevens gets to stay? Forget that, he's not even in the bottom three! What's wrong with this country when people can't tell the difference between a great singer and a horrible one?

Man, that's pretty ugly.

Here's a Jon Peter Lewis update, for those who care. I saw an entertainment show this week and Lewis informed his fans, whomever they are, that he has decided to stay in L.A. for a while because he's confident he'll sign a record deal.

Oh, in other news, you won't be reading this column for the next few weeks. I'm heading down to Houston to help my rocket scientist colleagues at NASA build the next space shuttle.

I have a better chance of getting that built than this guy does of getting a record deal.'

This has been one Kruk's opinion. Your milage may vary.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A few words from John Kruk. dangerkitty 04-23-04 1
 RE: A few words from John Kruk. Fishercat 04-23-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-23-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A few words from John Kruk."
How great is this, that we get an extended John Kruk rant about American Idol? Woo hoo! Thanks, Estee.

Good ol' John Kruk. After having surgery for testicular cancer and having one testicle removed, he showed up at the ballpark wearing a T-shirt that said "If you don't let me play, I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Now THAT'S a sense of humor!

As a long-time Padres fan, it was fun while Kruk was on the team. Another great quote, when confronted by a woman wanting to know how an athlete could let himself get overweight:

"I'm not an athlete, ma'am, I'm a baseball player."

Love the "rocket scientist" quote from above. LMAO!

dangerkitty

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-23-04, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A few words from John Kruk."
Oh man.

I love John Kruk, always good for a laugh and a great sense of humor, along with some baseball knowledge to boot.

Still laughing about the "taking my ball and going home" line.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •