The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"B-Fest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

elledee 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elledee Click to send private message to elledee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"B-Fest"
When I first visited the Starting Over website and saw that it had links to a website I was very excited. I was hoping to join a virtual community of women and maybe some men who are sincerely interested in healing themselves and changing their lives.

What I found was a lot of mean-spirited gossip and every once in a while a little voice saying - Does EVERYBODY hate so and so?

I definitely know this isn't a place I want to hang out - but can anybody suggest a kinder, gentler, "Starting OVER" message board to visit?

Maybe if I get truly hooked, I will start one up. I understand about not bashing other posters - I have lead Therapeutic and Community Oriented Message Boards in the past ... but I also don't see the therapeutic or positive value of encouraging "nasty judgemental" behavior ... there are lots of ways of criticizing without making a person feel small.

We don't have to IDENTIFY with our behavior all the times ... believe me, I have been a b plenty o' times ... and I guess seeing b behavior reminds me of my own dislike of b-ness within me.

I will be surprised as HELL if this gets posted ...since one is only allowed to Bash women who are bearing their lives and souls on air to millions, but not some anonymous poster under some nickname. I would think if you didn't want your Bitchiness to be called out in public - then don't be bitchy in a public forum.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: B-Fest Kattrikk 01-12-06 1
   RE: B-Fest elledee 01-12-06 2
 Let me get this straight... Bebo 01-12-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-12-06, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: B-Fest"
*sigh*

Had you really thoroughly investigated this website, you would have found the thread with links to various SO discussion boards where one may possibly find an appropriate fit for themselves.

I apologize in advance for even replying. This is just exhausting.

elledee 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-12-06, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elledee Click to send private message to elledee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: B-Fest"
Sorry, this isn't helpful. I have investigated this website and all I get is this same message board with various threads. What am I missing? Sorry about being dense.

Sure I can google it ... but I was hoping there are people out there who might know of other Starting OVER websites ... and other people who may like to know about them as well.

I was thinking of never visiting this website again, but then thought - heck, there are probably other disenchanted souls who would like information about alternate Starting OVER websites. And perhaps the moderators would save themselves the grief of addressing complaints like mine if they posted an IN YOUR FACE disclaimer and links to anti- BFest oriented Starting Over Websites.

By the way, I am just as capable of the next woman to dish out my cranky opinions about one HG or another, but I would rather work on self-growth than waste my time gossiping or reading some other person's gossip. It's a quality of life issue.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Let me get this straight..."
So, when other people come onto this forum and are "bitchy" it's a problem, but when you do it it's OK.

At these those posters have shown the courtesy of reading and abiding by our guidelines, which permit the posting of positive and negative comments about the show and its participants, but strictly forbid bashing other posters.

As you check out the many other websites that have SO message forums, I hope you keep that in mind as you so quickly judge others while putting such a poor foot forward for yourself.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •