The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stop hatin' already!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

tiff 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-23-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tiff Click to send private message to tiff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stop hatin' already!"
Has anyone ever heard Latoya or Fantasia say that they are better than the other contestants? I didn’t think so. When did being confident become a bad thing? These girls are clearly in a league of their own and I wish that America would give them a break and stop hatin' on them. They can't help that they are better than the others. Diana yells, Jasmine wines and we won't even mention that other one. They are comfortable in their own skin and sure about their talent. There is nothing wrong with that. And where is everybody getting this "3D" stuff from? People are acting as if they named themselves that. The judges (one in particular) initiated that, not the girls. Frankly, I don't think Latoya likes that stereotype. Leave them alone and let them shine because whether America likes it or not.... they WILL get signed! It's already a done deal.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stop hatin' already! JOSHIDOL 04-23-04 1
   RE: Stop hatin' already! 1simplyme 04-23-04 3
       RE: Stop hatin' already! madi03 04-24-04 5
           RE: Stop hatin' already! chuteo 04-28-04 44
 RE: Stop hatin' already! qwertypie 04-23-04 2
 RE: Stop hatin' already! minkey 04-23-04 4
   RE: Stop hatin' already! shedevil 04-24-04 6
       RE: Stop hatin' already! minkey 04-24-04 7
           RE: Stop hatin' already! greenmonstah 04-24-04 8
               RE: Stop hatin' already! minkey 04-24-04 11
                   RE: Stop hatin' already! greenmonstah 04-24-04 13
                       RE: Stop hatin' already! minkey 04-24-04 14
                           RE: Stop hatin' already! AZ_Leo 04-25-04 21
                               RE: Stop hatin' already! minkey 04-25-04 22
               RE: Stop hatin' already! britneyfan04 05-09-04 52
       RE: Stop hatin' already! okaychatt 04-24-04 12
           RE: Stop hatin' already! theincrediblehugey 04-25-04 16
 RE: Stop hatin' already! bris 04-24-04 9
   RE: Stop hatin' already! shedevil 04-24-04 10
       RE: Stop hatin' already! stormysatan 04-25-04 20
 RE: Stop hatin' already! dkay1211 04-25-04 15
   I love Jennifer... Goooey_Alley 04-26-04 36
 RE: Stop hatin' already! Cee 04-25-04 17
   RE: Stop hatin' already! okaychatt 04-25-04 18
   RE: Stop hatin' already! tiff 04-26-04 33
 RE: Stop hatin' already! Skeery Klown 04-25-04 19
   nuff said probably clueless 04-25-04 23
       RE: nuff said Chrissy gal 04-25-04 24
           RE: nuff said probably clueless 04-25-04 25
               RE: nuff said Chrissy gal 04-26-04 27
                   Ouch!!! probably clueless 04-26-04 28
                       RE: Ouch!!! Skeery Klown 04-26-04 30
       Warning AyaK 04-26-04 31
   RE: Stop hatin' already! tiff 04-26-04 32
       RE: Stop hatin' already! Skeery Klown 04-26-04 34
 RE: Stop hatin' already! Moon 04-26-04 26
   RE: Stop hatin' already! shedevil 04-26-04 29
 Hmm.... Goooey_Alley 04-26-04 35
   RE: Hmm.... tiff 04-28-04 38
 RE: Stop hatin' already! anotherkim 04-26-04 37
   RE: Stop hatin' already! tiff 04-28-04 39
       RE: Stop hatin' already! mrc 04-28-04 40
           RE: Stop hatin' already! mistofleas 04-28-04 41
               RE: Stop hatin' already! mrc 04-28-04 42
               RE: Stop hatin' already! tiff 05-04-04 45
                   Everyone chill out Bebo 05-04-04 46
       RE: Stop hatin' already! anotherkim 04-28-04 43
           RE: Stop hatin' already! tiff 05-04-04 47
 RE: Stop hatin' already! sweet_november 05-07-04 48
   RE: Stop hatin' already! bob_chester 05-07-04 49
 RE: Stop hatin' already! sweet_november 05-07-04 50
   RE: Stop hatin' already! TeamJoisey 05-07-04 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I think what people are referring to is the other night when Simon asked Latoya if she could win the competition she said "yes I know I can win this competition", when I think what she should have said was "if America thinks I can win and they vote for me, then I can win". Since when do you bypass the public voting system.
I also think the Fantasia baby thing turned off a few people and that is why I think those 2 did not get votes last week. As for Jennfer she ahd been in the bottom 3 what twice before? that was nothing new to her.

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-23-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
>I think what people are referring
>to is the other night
>when Simon asked Latoya if
>she could win the competition
>she said "yes I know
>I can win this competition",
>when I think what she
>should have said was "if
>America thinks I can win
>and they vote for me,
>then I can win". Since
>when do you bypass the
>public voting system.
>I also think the Fantasia baby
>thing turned off a few
>people and that is why
>I think those 2 did
>not get votes last week.
>As for Jennfer she ahd
>been in the bottom 3
>what twice before? that was
>nothing new to her.

Actually, Simon asked Latoya, "Latoya, do you think you can win this competition?" Latoya replied, "Yes, I think I can win." Simon said, "Good..." There was nothing wrong with that. Latoya is no fool to talent, she knows she's a talented singer and she obviously trusted in America's knowledge and acceptance of true singing talent, she has every right to think she can win, because if the voting process isn't tainted, she will be either the American Idol or #2, it's ok for her to realize that.

Fantasia is also a very talented singer, and she's very happy and excited to be performing on stage as an AI contestant. I really feel sorry for the people who were turned off by Fantasia w/baby, and hope they seek professional counseling. Again, if the voting process isn't tainted, Fantasia will be either the AI or she will be #2.

Wake up people!

madi03 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madi03 Click to send private message to madi03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I totally agree about the baby thing. People are such hypocrites! As if having a baby as a teen is the worst thing a person could ever do. Look, it takes guts and drive and confidence to do what she's doing. Funny, how people don't focus on how she seems to have a loving, supportive, and close family. But as has been said, it's the bashing that keeps things hot.

chuteo 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuteo Click to send private message to chuteo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I diliked the fantasia baby thing as it seemed as though it was an attention getting thing. Please, we should never exploite children.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Hi Tiff, and welcome to the boards!
I think if you go back through the other threads, you will find that every contestant has a "I can't stand x" or "This is why x should win" threads. Latoya and Fantasia are strong performers so will invoke strong feelings. Some of us love to bash and it should not be taken personally.
BTW, all of our ramblings and rantings won't make a difference to the final outcome anyway. Enjoy!

La Vida es un Tango!

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Hi Tiff!

I agree with you. These ladies are clearly the most talented of the bunch and deserve to be #1 and #2. I LOVED Jennifer, too, and was really sad to see her go. George is also appealing (except the whole facial-twitch thing is getting tired).

The truth about this forum, though, is that it's a lot more fun to bash than love. I've tried to avoid the whole thing because I could spend all my energy defending my girl Fantasia and get nowhere. People have opinions and a right to freely express them all over my a$$.

NO performer can get a break here. They all have gotten a thorough bashing. It's just not fun when your favorite is bashed. Many choose to engage in debate in this anarchy. I don't have the energy right now.

Since I'm here, I'll add:

Fantasia has something special that moves me. Her yeah-yeahs can annoy, but she IS the music and I love it. Too much has been made of her attitude. The girl just wears her heart on her sleave and really hasn't done anything truly offensive. I think she's more playful than anything. Phew, I feel better having expressed my Fantasia-love. I think I'll go do the dishes now.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-04 AT 00:56 AM (EST)

I have a problem with Fantasia bringing her baby out to score more votes. The fact that she has a baby isn't a problem.I didn't see Latoya's children? Doesn't she have kids too?

I really feel sorry for the people who were turned off by Fantasia w/baby, and hope they seek professional counseling.

Why do you feel sorry for us or think we need counseling, because we have a different opinion than you do?

04-24-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I'm not sure if it was her idea or the producers said, "Hey it would be so cute...."

I do agree that it probably cost her votes. I have no problem with her having a baby, but it didn't seem appropriate to parade the poor little thing on stage.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Didn't Josh bring his baby/toddler on to the stage as well? (From AI 2) Or maybe he brought her/him up there after he was voted off by the public?

The baby did not sway my vote in any direction...I would be surprised if it did have a negative impact on the amount of votes she got. Based on who the bottom three were last week, I think it is more reasonable to say that they canceled one another out (split the votes) than the baby taking a way votes.

04-24-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Hope you right! I wasn't talking votes that would have made a difference in the outcome. I personally have no problem with kin exposure (except my kin; and as long as they're cute ) The baby just looked overwhelmed to me. The split vote theory does make sense. FantAzia gave her weakest performance last week IMO, too.

Thanks for your input your greenness

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I need to pay better attention. I did not even notice the baby. I agree minkey, that was Fantasia's worst performance yet.

<--- Is *not* looking forward to latin night.

04-24-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I took latin. Bet they'll butcher it. snort

John S. will probably dance - I'm just praying maracas won't be involved.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-04, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
John S. will probably dance - I'm just praying maracas won't be involved.

I'm just praying The Macarena won't be involved.

04-25-04, 10:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Now, the Macarena WITH maracas could be quite amusing but would probably require stiches.

britneyfan04 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail britneyfan04 Click to send private message to britneyfan04 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I think you are right.Josh did do that for many reasons.
1.For alot of votes.
2.For more girls but he is taken.
3.So simon could not say any thing bad to him.
and I think he got the most votes for thouse reasons.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-04, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I think Ryan was the one that brought out the baby. Perhaps he just thought she was cute and it wasn't a publicity stunt?

However, it reminded me of last year when he was called down for introducing Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben Studdard. The others felt it wasn't fair.

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
When Ryan brought the baby out, it seemed kind of...I don't know...awkward. My impression was that Fantasia was surprised by it, didn't really think it was a good idea, and wasn't sure what to do.

I'm thinking that if it had been planned, she would have immediately and confidently taken the baby from Ryan. Instead, she was very hesitant.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-24-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
"Diana yells" ONCE and that was during the CEline Dion song thats it!!!! Latoya yelled the first song she sang in the top 12 she yelled out that whole song. Fantasia also yells you just can tell becuase of her scratchy voice. Go Diana and JASmine the two best in teh AI3. Nobody wants Fantasia and Latoya to win because nobody wants it so predictable its make the show SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boaring and thats prolly why the judges didnt want to come back for season 3 because its so predictable.

04-24-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Nobody wants Fantasia and Latoya to win because nobody wants it so predictable its make the show SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boaring and thats prolly why the judges didnt want to come back for season 3 because its so predictable.

That's hilarious. Did you poll everybody in America to find out if "nobody wants Fantasia and Latoya to win"? I want someone with talent to win. By the way, Diana always yells, she's yelling almost the entire time she's singing, Jasmine yells because she can't hit the high notes. She gets just under the note always.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
You're right someone with talent should win. Ans jasmine should be of those we should consider to win it.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
There is a difference between cocky and confident....Fantasia and LaToya seem confident to me....Jennifer seemed like she was getting the big head lately....I am surprised that her and Barry Manilow and their egos could all fit comfortably in the room to get any practice in....=)

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "I love Jennifer..."
but I think the media, the AI judge (especially Randy and Paula), and other people (especially the famous ones like Elton John) are-and-had-been-feeding her ego way too much...

As for those who's been complaining that Jen was robbed, there's no point of worrying for her 'cause AI is just part of exposure... just a stepping stone... and if these famous people (who kept on complaining for letting go of her) want her so much then they should start signing her up for the record deals (maybe after the contract with 19E.)

...and too bad that they stepped to the level of demeaning the young ones just because they were not in the bottom 3 and just because they did great in Barry Manilow. I hope that all could read Ms. Rosanne's latest article in foxesonidol.com.

my six dif'rent flava

Cee 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cee Click to send private message to Cee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Thankfully, someone finally broke it down. I don't know what show most of you have been watching, but Fantasia, Jennifer, and LaToya are clearly the best singers/performers on the show. For whatever reason, the voters didn't see fit to allow Jennifer to continue. Maybe it was all the 3-Divas talk. Why was that label bestowed upon them anyway??? That's a title that should be earned over years and years of accomplishment (see Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin). I've watched all 3 years of Idol and for my money, the three sistahs are the best performers the show has ever had. Another question...what's the American Idol look??? This country is lauded for it's diversity and right of expression. Why wouldn't the American Idol have pink hair??? Why wouldn't she be over-weight??? Get a clue guys. Next time y'all vote, ask yourself this question, "would I buy that persons CD or buy a ticket to see him/her in concert?". I'm a huge music fan with an extensive music collection...as soon as Fantasia, Jennifer, and LaToya's CD hit the stands, I'll be there to pick it up.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Hi-C. (Bet you get that a lot, don't you?)

"Diva" used to be an earned title, but the slang seems to indicate it's a female that sings and is famous. I always thought a diva had attitude, as well.

Someone has to be really different for me to buy a CD. None of these three over the top screamers qualify.

P.S. I was rooting for Jennifer as being the best of the three.

04-26-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tiff Click to send private message to tiff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Cee, you're alright with me. It couldn't have been said better. Thank you!

Skeery Klown 24 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skeery%20Klown Click to send private message to Skeery%20Klown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
It amazes me that in America we have to tear down the things that work hard to get to the top.......... doesnt matter if its AI contestants, politics, sports stars, movie stars anything....... we like it 5 minutes then we tear it up and throw it away..... the word Hate in America has become so used and abused ....... i loved Jennifer so dont get me wrong but for every Jennifer there are thousands just like her busting thier butts in clubs, churches and anywhere else they can sing
we develope such strong oppinions instead of truley enjoyiong this for what it is........ A TV SHOW!!.... and for anyone that got 2 minutes exposure on AI they are better off

save the word Hate for something real
nuff said

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "nuff said"
Dood –

If you’d like a new and catchy sign-off to replace your worn out, annoying, pathetic and juvenile ‘nuff said’, there are many creative people around here who would probably be glad to help.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*This has been a Public Service Announcement*

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-25-04, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: nuff said"
It took Skeery Klown 3 tries to get a username that he could keep, so I think he should keep "nuff said" if he wants it! And with his economic use of words in his posts I think "nuff said" is very appropriate.

04-25-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: nuff said"
"And with his economic use of words "

That was so much more polite then the ‘incoherent senseless babbling’ phrase I was going to use.

I admire your tact.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Was hoping to provide him some sense of dignity*

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: nuff said"
I was not being polite or tactful, I was expressing my appreciation of Skeery's posts.

Clueless, I am sorry I stepped in, please, continue bashing a fellow poster if that is your desire.

04-26-04, 00:23 AM (EST)
28. "Ouch!!!"
"continue bashing a fellow poster "

That hurts worse then when Dweasel accused me of picking up all the hot chicks in his thread.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Will go into corner and cry now*

04-26-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skeery%20Klown Click to send private message to Skeery%20Klown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Ouch!!!"
definitely clueless is more like it

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Warning"
your worn out, annoying, pathetic and juvenile ‘nuff said’

probably clueless,

I figured you'd know better than to post something like this. Since it seems that you do not, this is a formal warning. Please do not continue to bash other posters on Reality TV World.

Couching it as a shot at the person's tagline doesn't make it any less of a bash, especially when you use such intemperate words.

AyaK

04-26-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Okay, Skeery Clown, I agreed with you until your last sentence "save the word Hate for something real". First of all, I used the word hate because I can. Secondly, I used it in its proper manner because that's exactly what is being done to them. You even said yourself that "we(America) like it 5 minutes then we tear it up and throw it away" which is true. So you tell me, what would you call it? I can respect your comment but don't tell me how to use a word. NUFF SAID

I

04-26-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I dont like broccoli and never would say I hate it
but I hate the man that murdered my mother

thats something real
Nuff Said

Moon 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moon Click to send private message to Moon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I just thought it quite presumptuous of Latoya when Ryan told George to go to the top group and LaToya is standing there motioning George to come to their group.

04-26-04, 01:10 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I just thought it quite presumptuous of Latoya when Ryan told George to go to the top group and LaToya is standing there motioning George to come to their group.

Maybe it was but have you stopped to think it might have been because she thought that Fantasia and Jennifer are so good that she had to be in the top group? Who says she was thinking about herself? I also think it's obvious that Ryan said that because the top group in general was those 3 ladies. There's a reason why they did it that way, because it was shocking. It wouldn't be shocking if the majority thought the others were the best.

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Hmm...."
You asked to stop hatin' LaToya and Fantasia, and slurred your hatred towards Diana and Jasmine? A bit biased I think. (Don't flame me for sharing my opinion...)

Diana, Jasmine, and mostly John Stevens experienced more hatred from other boards, media, and people...

See Ms. Rosanne Simunovic's insightful and great article--Stop the Presses! Call in the Troops! We Are in a Crisis!

my six dif'rent flava

04-28-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Hmm...."
"Diana, Jasmine, and mostly John Stevens experienced more hatred from other boards, media, and people..." -Goooey

Hmm... I wonder why?

As for your first comment, I did not "hate" and do not "hate" on Diana, Jasmine and John. They aren't that important to me. I simply spoke my opinion. There is a difference.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
First of all, I agree with much of what you said. I think that all three of those women will be signed by a record label eventually. It is not, however, a "done deal" and when you make such grandiose, untrue comments then you damage your own argument. You also say to "stop hating", but then you do the same to Diana and Jasmine. Simply saying that you feel the other three are superior and why would be a more effective debate tool.

It's easy to get passionate about the topics around here, but sometimes it helps to take it down a notch.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and welcome if I have said so before.

04-28-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
"First of all, I agree with much of what you said. I think that all three of those women will be signed by a record label eventually. It is not, however, a "done deal" and when you make such grandiose, untrue comments then you damage your own argument. You also say to "stop hating", but then you do the same to Diana and Jasmine. Simply saying that you feel the other three are superior and why would be a more effective debate tool.
It's easy to get passionate about the topics around here, but sometimes it helps to take it down a notch." -anotherkim

Not trying to be rude here but you just contradicted yourself big time. How can you agree that they will eventually be signed but then say that it's not a done deal? If they are going to be signed it is a done deal, which means it's already in the making. You went on to say that when I make UNTRUE comments then I damage my own argument. I think you need to go back and reread what you typed. Anyhoo, this is not about me, this is about saving the most talented contestants on AI.

I already addressed Goooey about the "hate" issue so I won't entertain that again.

Take what down a notch? Huh?

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I think you might be best served to think through your posts more. Your first impression has been a bit in-your-face, which is okay so long as you don't jump on other people. We respect your opinions about AI (and other topics), but picking fights is not a good idea, esp. with respected members of the community.

Not that you need my help to defend yourself, AK.

Paul Morphy--The antithesis of Bobby Fischer's paranoia and anti-Semitism
Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Nicely said Mercy honey.

The only think I was going to add to Tiff was this:
Kim didn't contridict herself.
contradiction >noun 1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another. 2. the statement of a position opposite to one already made.

Kim said:
I think that all three of those women will be signed by a record label eventually...It is not, however, a "done deal"

When she said "I think" and "eventually" she was stating an opinion of what she thinks might happen. But the fact of the matter is no one has a contract yet and therefore nothing is a "done deal" and she stated it.

So, not a contridiction.

--wants everyone to have fun on these forums and it's always so much more fun when we take it down a notch as opposed to being like "Emeril"

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Just keepin' it real, dawg, just keepin' it real!

Paul Morphy--The antithesis of Bobby Fischer's paranoia and anti-Semitism
Official CASH Historian--Vote RR-Boner '04
FTR, I like your Mercy better than zombie's Mr. C, but don't tell, k?

05-04-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Why did you feel the need to add anything because what you said was totally neither here nor there... and if you didn't like what I said then you shouldn't have responded. This had nothing to do with you...at all. And again I say, this is not about me. My original thread was in defense of Fantasia and Latoya so let's not make this personal.

I hope this is the end of this little back and forth thing.
GO FANTASIA AND LATOYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Everyone chill out"
OK, time for some moderator comments:

- Anyone has the right to respond to anyone else. That's the thing about message boards. If you want to just have a private discussion with one or two other people, that's what private messages and email are for.

- There is nothing personal about disagreeing with a fact or an opinion. Posters will disagree with each other, and as long as it's handled appropriately, fine. Now, for what's appropriate...clarifying someone's terms used and refuting an argument is appropriate. Blowing up at someone and telling them to stay out of it because it's none of their business is not.

Keep it calm and reasonable or keep it off these forums.

Feeling the need to quote MST3K again: Repeat to yourself, it's just a show, I should really just relax.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
If you can't handle the "hate" from others (when it is not even directed at YOU), then you shouldn't be dishing it out to others (or other contestants). THAT is what I meant by take it down a notch. The tone of your post was begging for some sort of heated debate.

See misto for the other explination of what contradict means. "I think and eventually do NOT equal done deal unless I'm offering up a contract.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I'm sure people thought that Justin's future with a hot career was a "done deal" back in his day, too, fwiw.

05-04-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Good nite and Good bye!

sweet_november 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet_november Click to send private message to sweet_november Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
I will not be looking at American Idol 4. The show has really disappointed me this year. I think that LaToya and Fantasia are very talented women and a lot of viewers are being so unfair to them. I was reading the message board on the American Idol website, and I was very disappoineted at what I read.

Many of the posters were calling LaToya "arrogant, no-personality, aloof, distant, cocky..." They even said that she was not talented and that she screams when she sings. Two posters stated that they put the TV on mute when she and Fantasia sings.

As for Fantasia, they said that she "had a bad attitude' and couldn't sing. Several people called her "ugly". It was a real hate fest going on. I hope she and her family doesn't read those postings.

One poster had the nerves to write that they should "change the name from American Idol to African-American Idol.

LaToya has the best voice. You don't have to like her singing style or song choices but you can't honestly say that she does not have talent. As for Fantasia, I was very angered by the hate fest. (And to go so low and call her ugly).

I think people should leave these two girls alone and stop hating on them. America is sending a confusing message. If you are poised and classy on stage, then you are labeled as not having a personality or being arrogant. If you do show personality on stage, then you are labeled as having a "bad" attitude.

Sure, no one wants to call it racism. If you go on the American Idol message boards and read those postings, they are very mean and disturbing. Honestly, I agree that the judges are pushing too hard for certain singers at the expense of the others. I do feel sorry for the other contestants when Simon and Randy are praising a few and overlooking the others. I just hate that there are so many people out there who are personally taking their frustrations out on LaToya and Fantasia because they are the judges favorites.

I think people need to get over it and stop calling them "divas". A diva really isn't a nice label. When I think of a diva, it is someone who is talented but are arrogant and smug at the same time.

LaToya and Fantasia are two very talented women. I just wish people would leave them alone. The more I think about it, I don't think the American Idol title is worth it. I think these women can get a recording contract on their own without this much headache and heartache.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
Is that you Elton?
LOL

sweet_november 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet_november Click to send private message to sweet_november Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"
No, this is not Elton.

Maybe I came on too strong about how I feel. (Personally, I didn't agree with Elton at all about the reason why Jennifer was voted off. I believe that Jennifer was voted off because she, LaToya, Fantasia, and George split the votes since they had a similar fan base).

I enjoy reading the postings on this message board (esp. the Gay Idol), so I decided to read the message board from the American Idol website. I expected a fair amount of bashing but I was so disappointed (and shocked) at the extent that they were bashing both LaToya and Fantasia (esp. Fantasia). When I mentioned racism, I was referring to some of the postings that were on the message board. Some people wrote with so much intense dislike toward them that their postings seemed racially motivated. (Like calling Fantasia " ugly" and saying that the show should be renamed African-American Idol).

I understand how it must have been for John Stevens' fans when they read the different postings that bashed him. It is so easy to get caught up in these contestants.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-07-04, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Stop hatin' already!"

Welcome to the boards, November.

One of the things we do here is speak our own mind. And that allows for a lot of bashing of contestants.

Certainly people have said unkind things about Fantasia and LaToya, but John Stevens and Leah LaBelle were also barbecued. Matt, Amy, Jennifer... all bashed relentlessly.

People are entitled to dislike anybody, for their voice or their looks or their clothes or their background. Calling someone ugly is just part of the normal course here. If you are uncomfortable with people saying terrible things, then this message board may not be the right place to hang out.

Some of the things said may have been racist, but we try to keep that to a minimum. If you think a post is racist, feel free to alert a moderator. You can find the link for the alert screen at the bottom left of each message.

Again, welcome. I hope you stick around.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •