The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S: 33|Confessional Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Flowerpower1 4361 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-16, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Episode 6 Confessionals"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-16 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

episode          | I | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | total

David Tak Van | 1 | 4 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 1 | 22
Chris Tak Van | 1 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 3 | * | 13
Zeke Van Van | 1 | 3 | 2+| 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 13
Michaela Van Ika | * | 1 | 4 | 2 | 1+| 3 | 1 | 12
Adam Van Tak | * | 3 | 1 | 2+| 2 | 2 | 2 | 12
Ken Tak Tak | * | 1 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 12
Figgie Van Tak | * | 1+| 4 | 2 | * | 1 | 3 | 11X
Taylor Van Tak | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | * | 3 | 2 | 11
Jessica Tak Tak | * | 4 | * | 2 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 10
Jay Van Ika | * | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1+| 8
Bret Tak Ika | * | 3 | * | * | 1 | 2 | * | 7
Hannah Van Ika | * | 3 | * | 2 | * | * | 1 | 6
Michelle Van Van | * | 1 | 2 | * | * | 2 | * | 5
Sunday Tak Ika | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | * | * | * | 4
Will Van Ika | * | 2 | * | 1 | * | * | * | 3

Eliminated:

Rachel Tak | * | 2 | 2X
Mari Van | 1+| 3 | 2 | 6X
Paul Tak | * | 2 | 2 | 3 | 7X
Lucy Van | * | * | * | * | 3 | 3X
Cece Tak Van | * | 2 | * | 2 | * | 2 | 6X
Figgie Van Tak | * | 1+| 4 | 2 | * | 1 | 3 | 11X

+ = Winner Quote

First of all, we get MORE meaty confessionals this episode. Jay has another million dollar quote, while Hanna and Ken have meaty confessionals. I LOVE that the editing is mixing it up, and letting us hear commitment, determination, and what drives them from multiple characters. We know we have one winner among them, but we have multiple characters that are real contenders as well as "journey" players.

I also felt that a lot was fleshed out in this episode. Michaela's commitment to team Millennial, while Zeke and Adam contemplate and make moves against team Millennial.

Figgy's edit had an arc at the beginning, then she went completely under the radar, then she began her final arc last week with a confessional of one. We noted that Taylor's arc was a far more severe arc which threw him in the most danger, but looking back, it's almost that FigTails were edited as one entity?

This week, she is the star of the show with 3 confessionals and a lot of air time. While her confessionals were basically narrational, her airtime told the story. The focus on her during the RC, and her failure, then "coming out" to the tribe about her romance, then her performance in the IC. Frankly, I am so glad that Figtails is over!

Zeke, Adam, Ken, and Taylor all had 2 confessionals. I'll start with Adam, who remains solidly with 2 confessionals again. Adam is the man in the middle sitting between two couples, one in a romance, the other strategically aligned. His first confessional tells us about his difficult position in the middle, he has the two options of either couple, but either way someone will come back unhappy and he's in a tough position. His last confessional: My mind is just reeling right now because Ken makes really good sense. The question is which side is going to be better for my game? I mean the whole world is probably screaming get out the power couple! What are you thinking? But, at this point I don’t know if that makes sense for me. This is used as the final confessional pre-TC to create doubt and suspense. As a super-duper fan, Adam must know he has everything riding on this decision.

Adam is solid, and at this point, with his idol tucked in his pocket, getting rid of the weak link, Figgy, and we see him trying to amend his relationship with Taylor moving forward, Adam is SAFE for this week.

Zeke went from 3 to 2 confessionals. His first confessional is reveling in his good fortune that the GENX'rs voted one of their own out and now he's found himself in a position of power with Chris. His final confessional is foreshadowing as he weighs his position in the game....Michelle is a very dangerous player in this game because as Figgy announced to the world at that challenge, I’m so happy to see Michelle! Then, waits a beat, and Oh, and Zeke too. I am obviously at the bottom of the Millennials, so my gut tells me that getting rid of Michelle isn’t bad for me, right? Because Michelle was plotting against me before and has connections to Taylor and Figgy. I never thought I would say this, but I think to go forward it might be necessary for me to gang up on the Millennial tribe.

We see where his head is at and we can see as things move forward that Zeke realizes his better chances to get to the end of the game lie with the GenX's he's making relationships with rather than the stronger Millennial kids. We see in the preview promo, that he is solidifying GenX relationships with David as well. This week Zeke is SAFE.

Ken also went from 3 to 2 confessionals, a solid presence in this episode. His first confessional was quite meaty and telling. I’ve been around the block little girl. I been around wayyyy longer than you. It’s OBVIOUS, and she was shocked she thought they’d done a great job hiding it. These kids think they are in charge of it all and they think this is vacation, this is fun, I’m on Survivor, this is awesome, but that little couple of Taylor and Figgy aren’t as cool as they think they are. I’m not going to sit on my ##### and hope and pray that things are okay, I’m going to make moves to make sure I’m okay.

With this confessional Ken is very aware of what he's up against and has his head solidly in the game. He did what he had to do and in the end, he made the moves that he said he was going to make to ensure his safety in the game. I noticed that he wrote, "Figeroo" on his voting parchment, so when he saw the 2nd Figgy vote come up, he already knew that he wasn't going home because his vote was the final vote. Must have been relieved!

Interesting when he went to Adam to convince him to keep him, he used David, his ally, in that argument, thus showing his cards to Adam, and he also used Adam's confessions back at him. Led Adam to say you are basically asking me to trust in people I don't know! His final confessional underlined his commitment, I could be going home but I’ve never gone down without a fight so at Tribal tonight I am going to be fighting for this.

Moving forward with Adam and Jessica, I see Ken as stable and SAFE, for now.

Taylor also moves from 3 to 2 confessionals. His first confessional is about wanting to expose their relationship because they are a power couple but they have the numbers so there is no reason to hide it. Arrogance. His final confessional: Tonight at TC, we’re gonna vote out Ken. But, who knows? Maybe Adam is double crossing us and he’s way smarter than we think he is? Unlikely, but maybe? Once again, he's considering Adam turning, but not really. Arrogance. He was edited to be dumb, we never saw Taylor do anything to convince Adam to vote with them....so we have to wonder, did he leave it all up to Figgy?

Taylor has truly been edited as the dumb little puppy dog, looking at instant gratification rather than longer term rewards. Is he edited to be the prototypical Millennial? Will he be solely focused on the revenge of Figtails, or will he START playing this game? If his tribe goes back to TC, he could be toast. I will put Taylor at slight RISK, as I don't see this tribe losing at the IC, when all they have to do is finish not last, and Figgy is now gone.

There were 5 people with 1 confessional this week. Michaela and David as two of the stars of the week dipped from 3 to 1 confessional each. David had a dip most likely because for once he is out of the cross hairs, but he still continued to get a lot of screen time especially with his performance in both challenges. His confessional: Coming back after TC was an absolute relief, Chris and I said goodbye to CC with the 2 Millennials. It was absolutely the right thing to do moving forward...It’s no longer Millennials vs Gen X, it’s people who I trust vs people who you trust.

While we may have thought David's confessional was naive at the beginning of the show, now I look at it as foreshadowing, perhaps. David is a star of the show, and next week we see that he's throwing in 100% with Zeke as well. I think David is SAFE for next week.

Michaela had one confessional as well, I walked up to them two huddled up like two eskimos and out pops this idol. Jay is one of my alliance right now but do I think that Jay would play that immunity idol on me? Heck no. Right now I am not gonna tell anyone that Jay has an idol, but if I get wind of something going down, I’m snitching! This in and of itself is not particularly a negative confessional, but coming right after the Jay million dollar quote, Michaela is now seen as his foil, perhaps?

Couple this confessional with her performance at RC and the IC. First of all she performed brilliantly at both challenges, and I consider her to be quite the challenge beast, male or female. We heard Bret tell her again, "there's nothing you can't do"! Then, she helped Zeke and Michelle perform in their IC, and she explained it's all about team Millennial. Huge error, imo, as it alienates all of the GenX'rs. Additionally in the challenge, she berated Hannah and bossed her around, in a very condescending way, to the point of bullying? Perhaps I felt that way after Hanna's anxiety attack at the challenge and then later hearing her confessional. I was sympathetic to Hanna, and then watching Michaela dictate to her what she could and couldn't do, despite WINNING, it still made me defensive and sympathetic toward Hanna.

While I certainly appreciate some GOOD snark, all of which Michaela delivers on, I think she's crossing a line here, or at least entering a gray zone as to becoming villainous. We heard Jay with a stellar confessional, and then along comes Michaela, who tells us that she would snitch, so she becomes the foil to his plan, and the same can be said regarding Hanna. We had some good insight into her anxiety and how she plans to manage it moving forward and we are meant to root for her, but then we see how she's treated by the superior Michaela, and it seems as if she's the foil for Hanna as well.

Her lack of social awareness and sensitivity to others, could kill her in the ultimate social game. I am pretty sure that Jay, Will, and Hanna all are not too fond of Michaela. Right now, however, in her tribe the Millennials do have the numbers and Jay/Michaela, and Will all seem team Millennial. *ETA: I have decided to place Michaela at slight RISK, her sneaking up on Jay and Will could spell trouble for Michaela sooner rather than later, but I think she will get by.

Jessica had one confessional, stable from last week. Figgy and Taylor are going to vote for Ken, but clearly, this can’t happen because I need Ken to move forward, he’s got my back and I’ve got his, and if Ken went home I would be the next one to go.
. This is straight narration. But, while she seems in good stead on her tribe, with Ken and Adam, as the only girl, she could be in trouble if she causes their tribe to lose in a challenge. For this reason, I will put her at SLIGHT RISK.

Jay drops from 2 confessionals last week to 1 this week. But, what a confessional he had, a million dollar quote: Everyone is hungry, everyone is grumpy, but I gotta stay focused on this game because you know I have this passion inside of myself that says you gotta take care of your family. So, I got my mom and my sister, so I never had a dad or nothing, so to me it was like I gotta take care of these two beautiful ladies. People say that Millennials are just selfish and they just want to do whatever they want, (crying, wiping tears), but it’s not true, (cue the soft sympathetic reveal music), I gotta do this for my family. I’m gonna win Survivor (music gets more loud and dramatic to underline this statement of “going to win S.)

We then see Jay hunting in the brush as Will stands over asking him if he sees it....

Jay continues: A hidden immunity idol is the only cushion. I need to find this thing. music picks up the pace....and I am searching EVERYWHERE to find this thing ....there is this little green symbol, and I am what the he!! is that? And, I see the stamp and I know it’s got to be here somewhere...but, I’m like, Will, it’s not here, what the Hell? but I’m looking at the thing, I’m looking at the tree then BOOM, he cracks it against the tree, Break this bamboo and then AH AHH AHHHHH (sings)....then I hear the Survivor song in the background, OH EH OH ~ HUMS IT, and I am just sitting there like this is FREAKING awesome! This is EPIC! This immunity idol means MOM, you just got one step closer to getting a house! Today is probably the best day I’ve had on Survivor, I am set right now!

I LOVED this confessional. Jay is such a committed and serious player and we have seen this from the start. While he bonded with Taylor, he told us how stupid Taylor was being getting in a showmance with Figgy. Then, we saw him collaborate with Michelle and orchestrate the Mari boot. We've also seen him get along with everyone including Zeke and company. I would say with an idol in his pocket, the proper motivation, and determination could land Jay right in the winners circle. Even despite Michaela. And, Will appears to be his little side kick at this point...

If Jay's tribe goes to TC next week, he's SAFE.

Hanna was the next player with one confessional. We saw what happened to her at the RC, when she was sitting out. Bret was seen as sympathetic to her through the ordeal, and Sunday was seen as sympathetic toward her after the ordeal. The 2 genX'rs on her tribe. Michaela was seen as bossy and condescending.

Hanna's confessional was meaty as well, and also got the soft, supportive and sympathetic music: I can’t help that I am a person that has anxiety. Of course it’s embarrassing, when you are collapsing and you aren’t even in the challenge. There were game thoughts like, I can’t seem weak, that’s the worst part, like I can’t seem this weak in front of my tribe. My brain is just so exhausted, there’s not a moment where you just get to breathe out and like, okay, I am going to take 5 minutes out from Survivor and just like take a breathe. And, so now I have to keep going. Perception is reality, I have to keep saying I’m good. So, that people know that I am good. So that it doesn’t become a hindrance to my game.

We are meant to sympathize with her! So, being in the numbers, Hanna WILL most likely make it to merge. If she makes it to merge, will she align with Michaela, or with Zeke/Adam and company? Hanna comes out from under the radar after being under for the prior 2 weeks. She's starting an arc. I see her as at SLIGHT RISK, especially if she has another anxiety attack in a challenge and causes her tribe to lose.

Those falling under the radar:

1. Will: He remains under the radar for 3 weeks running, but he seems to be trusted by Jay, who now has an idol and numbers. I see him as SAFE.
2. Chris: Falls 3, that's significant. This is the first time he's gone under the radar. That could spell trouble for him, especially since we see David bonding with Zeke, his new BFF. But, this could also be a positive sign for Chris. He's out of the cross hairs and settling back down for later? I see Chris as safe for this week. He's with Zeke, and he's with David, who he knows has friends that could protect him come merge. SAFE.
3. Bret: Bret had a little story arc the past two weeks, now falls from 2 confessionals to zip. He's on a tribe with 2 GenX'rs and 4 Millennials. He knows how Michaela feels about that. He's AT RISK!
4. Michelle: She also falls from 2 to zip this week. We see Zeke plotting against her. She got ALOT of visuals doing well in the challenges, especially with the RC. She got called out as Figgy's BFF, and now Figgy is gone. We see Zeke, who already bonded with Chris, is now going to bond with David next week. If this tribe goes to TC next week, I see Michelle as toast. HIGH RISK
5. Sunday: She's been under the radar for the past 3 weeks. She really doesn't have much of a story. We did see her in the RC, and then being sympathetic to Hanna. But, let's face it, she's not bringing much to the tribe and we know that Michaela is against her. We know that Michaela values strength and contribution in challenges. If her tribe goes to TC, she could be toast. HIGH RISK.

SAFE: Adam, Zeke, Ken, David, Jay, Will, Chris

Slight RISK: Taylor, Jessica, Hanna, Michaela

AT RISK: Bret (As he has more to offer in challenges, I see Bret at risk rather than at high risk. But, for the same reason, they could choose to boot him first, especially if they start thinking that the merge is looming.)

High RISK: Michelle, Sunday

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S: 33|Confessional Analysis   Flowerpower1     09-28-16       
   Episode 2 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-03-16     1  
     RE: Episode 2 Confessionals   michel2     10-03-16     2  
   Episode 3 confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-10-16     3  
     RE: Episode 3 confessionals   CTgirl     10-10-16     4  
     RE: Episode 3 confessionals   michel2     10-10-16     5  
         RE: Episode 3 confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-10-16     6  
   Episode 4 confessionals:   Flowerpower1     10-14-16     7  
   Episode 5 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-20-16     8  
     RE: Episode 5 Confessionals   SquidProQuo     10-20-16     9  
     RE: Episode 5 Confessionals   CTgirl     10-20-16     10  
     RE: Episode 5 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-20-16     11  
   Episode 6 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     10-28-16     12  
     RE: Episode 6 Confessionals   michel2     10-30-16     13  
   Episode 7 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     11-04-16     14  
   Episode 8 Confessionals, "I'm the K...   Flowerpower1     11-12-16     15  
     RE: Episode 8 Confessionals, "I'm t...   michel2     11-13-16     16  
         Random Thoughts   Flowerpower1     11-13-16     17  
   Episode 9 Confessionals   Flowerpower1     11-22-16     18  
     RE: Episode 9 Confessionals   Outsider32     11-22-16     19  
   Episode 10 confessionals....   Flowerpower1     11-26-16     20  
   RE: S: 33|Confessional Analysis   Flowerpower1     12-04-16     21  
     RE: S: 33|Confessional Analysis   michel2     12-05-16     22  
   Episode 12 Confessionals....   Flowerpower1     12-10-16     23  
     RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   michel2     12-10-16     24  
         EEEEEKKKKK!   Flowerpower1     12-10-16     25  
     RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Sheldor     12-11-16     26  
         RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Flowerpower1     12-11-16     27  
             RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Sheldor     12-11-16     28  
                 RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Sheldor     12-15-16     29  
                     RE: Episode 12 Confessionals....   Flowerpower1     12-16-16     30  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •