The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 04:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
I once loved this show, now I'm just PISS#D that I'm hooked. If they continue all this editing manipulation for we the viewers..I will be tempted to say no way! I don't watch SoapOperas, I stay away from alot of the reality tv..this show attracted me because I felt connected to it..thought it was "authentic" as they claim we all should be.

This season has made me sick. If they keep this up they will lose the whole concept that made me watch the show in the first place. I think it's time we all took a stand and placed our posts explaining just how disappointed we are...hopefully they do read this..if so well LISTEN UP... (after all their site directs viewers here)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... GoodnightLittleBear 01-11-06 1
   RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... EnfanTerrible 01-11-06 2
 RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... Cygnus X1 01-11-06 3
   RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... lovemydogdude 01-11-06 4
 RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... StarvingArtist 01-11-06 5
 RE: Could SO possibly be editing wh... mysticwolf 01-11-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-11-06, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
It's possible but doubtful. By the time they read our reactions, the episodes are already sent to the TV stations, if not long beforehand. I just think that we are foreseeing the obvious. They know exactly what will pique people's curiousity and I believe that this season was done for pure sensationalism. I didn't see the first 2 seasons, but from what I read here, this season is by far the worst when it comes to overdramatizing.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-11-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"

I'm kind of a reality ho, I'd rather they overdramatize than listen to people complain about how boring it is. There are so many women in the new Lisa's predicament - Iyanla had to spice it up a little by falling on the floor.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
Rotsa ruck. As I've said before, if BMP really cared what viewers and/or forum posters thought, why did they take down their forums and send everyone here? I can 99.9% guarantee that no one from BMP cares what is posted here.

The only feedback they listen to is ratings.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
Gotcha..and I agree. I like some drama but I wish they'd show it like it really is a little more.

StarvingArtist 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingArtist Click to send private message to StarvingArtist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
Of course they edit up the show. Famous quote: "Drama is life without all the boring parts in it." Alfred Hitchcock

They have to edit up the show obviously since it is only an hour long. Each show needs to be self standing...so anyone who happens to see that one show...whether they have seen the first few episodes or not...will actually get something from it. They also have to edit it so that it will make you want to watch the next episode...so even though they have to contain something it also has to have a lose string for the next show. They have to hae commercials and don't want you to just change the channel so they have to add lose strings, snip bits, before and after the commercial for you to watch...

That's what a television show has to do to hold a "customer". Doesn't matter if it is reality television, soap, sitcom, or even a TV newscast...they all follow the same themes.

So they have to shorten up an extremely long ammount of time into roughly about 54 minutes of television. It can't be boring. It needs to be entertaining. So sure...it might seem like at times that it is really dramatic and isn't real...at times it might be hard to fully understand why a fight is happening...but sometimes that can't be helped.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Could SO possibly be editing while they're watching our reaction..if so let's tell em what we think!"
To add to what Cygnus said, I'd remind you that this forum has nothing to do with the show in any way. So, they have no reason to read anything here (and probably don't).

Besides, there's already a thread going about voicing frustration and how you might best do so. I've bumped it back to page 1 for you.

A Super Syren Siggie

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •