The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"who will win, and why"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mogue 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mogue Click to send private message to mogue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"who will win, and why"
For those of you who are excited, upset, wondering what is going on with American Idol this season, it comes down to this: demographics.

Based on talent, we’ve already seen Jennifer, one of the most talented contestants eliminated. The reason is clear –Jennifer’s fan base consists mostly of gay men and African-American women. These are likely the same fans of the other two divas, LaToya and Fantasia. When you do the math, it’s easy to see why they shared the bottom three spots this week.

On the other hand, John Stevens’ fans are teenage girls, most of whom are White and suburban. Diana and Jasmine each have local support, from Georgia and Hawaii, respectively. Though this will not provide enough support in the final weeks, it explains why they have survived thus far.

George Huff, the kid from New Orleans is getting all of the votes not going to John Stevens, particularly those from the South.

My prediction for the final show: look for John Stevens, one of the divas (probably LaToya), with George Huff as a long shot.

Oh, and as far as talent, I don’t want to be unkind. After all, they’re all nice kids.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: who will win, and why dottie1032 04-22-04 1
   RE: who will win, and why seahorse 04-23-04 5
 RE: who will win, and why zombiebaby 04-22-04 2
 RE: who will win, and why okaychatt 04-22-04 3
   RE: who will win, and why rjrabbit 04-23-04 22
 Disagree in part AyaK 04-23-04 4
   RE: Disagree in part JOSHIDOL 04-23-04 8
       RE: Disagree in part okaychatt 04-23-04 11
           RE: Disagree in part Devious Weasel 04-23-04 12
               RE: Disagree in part greenmonstah 04-23-04 13
                   RE: Disagree in part Devious Weasel 04-23-04 14
               RE: Disagree in part JOSHIDOL 04-23-04 16
               RE: Disagree in part okaychatt 04-23-04 17
           RE: Disagree in part JOSHIDOL 04-23-04 15
 RE: who will win, and why 1simplyme 04-23-04 6
 RE: who will win, and why JOSHIDOL 04-23-04 7
   RE: who will win, and why 1simplyme 04-23-04 9
       RE: who will win, and why okaychatt 04-23-04 18
           RE: who will win, and why dkay1211 04-24-04 28
               RE: who will win, and why okaychatt 04-25-04 30
 RE: who will win, and why minkey 04-23-04 10
   RE: who will win, and why fantasiafreak 04-23-04 19
 RE: who will win, and why bris 04-23-04 20
   RE: who will win, and why WRAPITUP 04-23-04 21
       RE: who will win, and why bris 04-24-04 24
   RE: who will win, and why JOSHIDOL 04-26-04 33
 RE: who will win, and why PA44sec 04-24-04 23
   RE: who will win, and why BennyBoy 04-24-04 25
       RE: who will win, and why Diannachats 04-26-04 34
   RE: who will win, and why Chrissy gal 04-24-04 26
   RE: who will win, and why okaychatt 04-24-04 27
       RE: who will win, and why HuskiesFan 04-24-04 29
 RE: who will win, and why sodiumswirl 04-25-04 31
 RE: who will win, and why theincrediblehugey 04-25-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dottie1032 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dottie1032 Click to send private message to dottie1032 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: who will win, and why"
If by some miracle that happens......it will be a sad state for season 4 which I for sure will not watch...............

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: who will win, and why"
Most of the posters on this board are American Idol fanatics and they will continue to watch no matter who the voters decide will be in the top three.

I think the producers of AI are loving all the publicity they are getting from people talking about the outcome of this weeks show. The ratings will continue to grow because more and more viewers will tune in to see what happens.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: who will win, and why"
Hello and welcome to the boards!

You have some good ideas however these could probably be posted on one of the other existing threads that already exist.
We are trying to keep this board nice and tidy and easy to read for all. It helps to try and organize similar thoughts so browsing is much easier.

***Keeping it plain & simple since 19XX***

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: who will win, and why"
<Jennifer’s fan base consists mostly of gay men and African-American women.>

Excuse me? Got any facts to back that one up?

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-23-04, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: who will win, and why"
I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see facts to back that up.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Disagree in part"
I do think the demographics that the contestants appeal to accounts for the voting patterns. I disagree that the base of support for LaToya, Fantasia and Jennifer consisted of only "gay men and African-American women" ... but I do think that they appealed to similar bases with substantial crossover.

And I'm on record since the boot of JPL of predicting that Johnny Red's original fans plus the JPL fans who switched to him plus the Diana fans who will switch to him after she gets booted this week will be enough to carry him to the final 3 along with LaToya and George (IF George performs better than he did this week).

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-23-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Disagree in part"
I heard on the news that George and the flu and laryngitis all week, that is why the bad performance. Howeer, you never heard one judge mention it like they did the night Diana had it. I like George because he genuinely seems happy to be there and he does not come across as he should be there like some of the others.

04-23-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Disagree in part"
Yes, he was ill. However, that doesn't explain why he ignored Manilow's advice not to have too many rifts. George blew it all by himself, ill or not.

I'm a George fan, by the way.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Disagree in part"
I thought Manilow was weaselly about that - in the taped segment, he talked about how he had arranged it so George could do those riffs - then after he sang, he smarmily agreed with Randy about too many riffs.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Disagree in part"

Did Weasel just use the word "weaselly"?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Disagree in part"
I believe I'm the person who knows the most about the word...

04-23-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Disagree in part"
Did you pick up on that too.. I think that is when he said "oh anyway, you did a great job".

04-23-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Disagree in part"
Hmmm - I missed that. I do remember him telling George, "Remember, we talked about that." George nodded.

I hope George does well with Latino music night.

04-23-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Disagree in part"
Hey I never said it was not bad. I think he was trying to chage it up. I was just wondering why they did not mention his illness like they did Diana's??

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-23-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: who will win, and why"
Yes some of us are excited, upset, and wondering what just happened with AI on the last episode.

I'm lol at your theory, that was a joke right? You think you know who the contestants' fan base consist of? That is soooooo freakin funnnnnny!

04-23-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: who will win, and why"
Those teen girls you talk about must have been snooxing or setting their hair last week becasue Red Guy was in the Bottom 3.
I can go for a George H. Latoya final but REd will never make it there.

1simplyme 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1simplyme Click to send private message to 1simplyme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: who will win, and why"
>Those teen girls you talk about
>must have been snooxing or
>setting their hair last week
>becasue Red Guy was in
>the Bottom 3.
>I can go for a George
>H. Latoya final but REd
>will never make it there.
>

"I agree with you, and if "Red" does make it into the final 3 after America votes, I will be totally convinced that the votes are tainted."

04-23-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: who will win, and why"
I'm not sure the votes are tainted, but I'd say they're definitely misinformed. :-P

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: who will win, and why"
I don't consider myself to be misinformed because I have my opinion on who is my favorite Idol and you have yours. It reminds me of how I felt watching the show last week and the judges were just mortified about the results......they tell us each week to make sure and "VOTE for your FAVORITE idol" yet, when we do, we are ridiculed for doing just that, just because we don't agree with them.....I think the 3 "D"'s are/were all good singers....but if I prefer someone like Red I should not be made to feel stupid or "misinformed" because that is who I choose to vote for, and I should not make you feel the same way about your choice either......=)

04-25-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
30. "RE: who will win, and why"
Hi Dkay. Glad to meet ya!

Ok. Misinformed may be harsh. Would you agree that singing off key is not a sign of talent? That is what I object to the most. I don't enjoy over the top screeching, but if it's done in key, I can appreciate the talent.

According to the ability to sing in key, JPL, John Stevens, and Diana do not merit the title of AI.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: who will win, and why"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

The reason is clear –Jennifer’s fan
>base consists mostly of gay
>men and African-American women.
>These are likely the same
>fans of the other two
>divas, LaToya and Fantasia.

HUH! *waves hands in air* White girl here who loves them all!

Where do lesbians fit in? I have numerous lesbian friends and they would hate to be left out of your gift for stereotyping.

Some of what you wrote makes sense, but this is just insulting.

edited to say - Mogue, lost my head there. I've taken a cold shower and want to add: This is your opinion and I respect that. I just disagree.

fantasiafreak 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fantasiafreak Click to send private message to fantasiafreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: who will win, and why"
i think fantasia is going to win because she rocks! {and good} so who thinks im right?

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-04, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: who will win, and why"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

I think that this is going to be the boot order for the next few weeks
Final 6- Fantasia and Latoya will stay in because now people vote like crazy. Jasmine has alot of Hawaii and California votes and will just stay out of bottom 3.
George, Diana, and John. Diana has growing support and will go back first. George as he gets worse less people vote but he will just make it through sendind Red head John Home
Final Five- Diana will be safe being she continues to get more votes from young kids being teh youngest person left. Latoya will stay along with Fantasia.
Jasmine and GEorge Bottom 2. George will get a lot of souther votes and black people votes and JAsmine's Hawaii will not be enough to keep her in
Final Four- Latoya and Fantasia safe. Diana has become Nikki Mc Kibbon and Gerge is just George. But as we all know Nikke made it being more popular that means Diana is safe and Gerge gets the boot. Diana also gains almost all Jasmine's votes
Final 3- I Am not trying to be predujice but i think Diana will get all the souther and east coast votes like NY and alot of white people votes making her safe. Then Latoya and Fanstsia are up. They will cancel each other out maing them both have less votes then Diana Latoya is better and people get annoyed with Fantasia's voice and her vote for me because i have a kid. Bye Bye Fantasia
Final Two- Diana and Latoya.- Who wins i dont know i just really hope this is the final two.

WRAPITUP 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WRAPITUP Click to send private message to WRAPITUP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: who will win, and why"
iF dIANA STOPS SINGING THROUGH HER NOSE, aND gEORGE IS GETTING ALL OF JENNIFERS VOTES AND REMEMBER SHE HAD THE MOST VOTES IN A PREVIOUS SHOW , nOW YOU BETTER THINK.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: who will win, and why"
WRAPITUP - Diana does not sing through her NOSE!! if you watch the show all three judges said that Diana and Jasmine were a correct choice to be out of teh bottom three because they both did as good and ithink better than the 3 boring divas. Geoger wont get all Jennifer's votes. George will get some but most of her vote will got to Fantasia and LAtoya so nice try

04-26-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
33. "RE: who will win, and why"
Did you wake up from the dream yet??? Pleaseeeeeeee

PA44sec 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PA44sec Click to send private message to PA44sec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: who will win, and why"
Anybody care for an opinion from a 44 year old from PA? I enjoy reading these posts and everybody's differing opinions. This is the first year of watching the show and only because my daughter got my husband and I hooked. Anyway... can somebody please tell me what a diva is??? According to Websters.. and he should know!.....a diva is a goddess... a prima donna, and when I look up prima donna it says principle singer in an opera..also..extremely sensitive, vain and undisciplined. HUH? Did they change the definition recently? Because none of these girls are goddesses! As far as John S getting JPLs votes.. no way! I was a big JPL fan and there is no way John S replaced him! I've read a few posts blaming racism in the dismissing of Jennifer last week and I think that's a bunch of hooey. I happen to actually find Fantasia's singing extremely annoying, but if she wins I know I won't holler racism. I think Simon spent a few too many weeks dissing the teenagers of the group and now the teenagers are voting like crazy and so be it because they buy a heck of a lot of CDs and go to a lot of concerts. They have every bit of a right to vote as the older crowd. My faves to win are George, Diana, and Latoya. All three of them have class and personality (Latoya's being a little more laid back than the other two). They are the three in the group who's CDs I would buy. And that's how I judge this competition. But that's only my opinion for what it's worth. And as far as Jennifer being one of the most talented.. I believe many of you have that opinion, but please know that other people have different opinions and may not have thought so. Get over the racism theory, get over the conspiracy theory, get over the vote rigging theory; it's a contest and there's talent in this contest other than those three that happened to be in the bottom group. Thanks!

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-24-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: who will win, and why"
Wow you just said exactly what I think about this competition! Although I am not sure I would buy Georges album, but he's good

Diannachats 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Diannachats Click to send private message to Diannachats Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: who will win, and why"
I could never see myself buying one of Georges CD's I just have a really hard time enjoying his singing at all. His performances really bother me, he is such a geek when performing. I have really tryed to like George it just doesn't happen. I really don't see what all the George hype is all about. I guess it's a good thing we all have opinions.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-24-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: who will win, and why"
Welcome Pa44sec! Plenty of us here are over 40.

My faves to win are George, Diana, and Latoya.

Remember where you posted this, they could be the final 3 and you could end up with bragging rights!!

04-24-04, 06:15 PM (EST)
27. "RE: who will win, and why"
Hi Pa44Sec.

I think the current slang "diva" just means a female that sings well. For me, "diva" has always meant a female star with ATTITUDE. You know - Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion. However, I think you were just giving the definition to make a point, and it was effective.

I'm with you on Fantasia's voice being annoying. It pierces through to my spine, causing shivers of revulsion. She has talent, though, and I won't cry, "Foul!" if she wins.

I like George for the combination of his voice and his personality, though I think La Toya or Fantasia should win.

As to who actually ends up in the final two - can't say. With Jennifer gone and Fantasia/La Toya in the bottom three, I've realized I'm 100% not with the general trend.

If I were to go with two that I'm 100% opposed to, it would be John Stevens and Diana.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: who will win, and why"
I hope that George wins. He seems to have the greatest personality of all the contestants. In a way, he reminds me of Clay; quietly confident and positive!

It is too bad that we will never know the vote totals. I wonder if they made George sweat while announcing the groups last week because he was the top vote getter?

sodiumswirl 79 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sodiumswirl Click to send private message to sodiumswirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: who will win, and why"
My final four predicts:

Fantasia
Jasmine
George
La Toya

(In no particular order)

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-04, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: who will win, and why"
Based on demographics, Fantasia and LaToya are competing for the same fan base, and I predict LaToya will win that fight. I think Jasmine and Diana are also competing with each other, and I suspect a healthy Diana will win that one. George and John are completely different, so they don't compete with anyone for fans until Jasmine and Fantasia are gone.

Final Four:
John
Diana
George
LaToya

Final Two:
George
LaToya

Winner: LaToya

Since my favorite was voted out, I currently have no preference. I'm waiting for one of them to blow me away so that I can whole-heartedly root for him/her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •