The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Booooooooooring Contestants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-03-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Booooooooooring Contestants"
The producers of The Amazing Race must be dreading the fact that the four most boring teams all made it to the final four. The father/daughter team, wrestlers, old folks, and...gasp...Johnathan and Victoria were easily the most interesting couples. All are gone. Now it's like a wasteland. Actually, it just looks like a group of second-rate actors who didn't quite land that role in a big Noxema commercial. I can't believe that some of these people are models. I thought you actually had to be attractive? Well, at least we know they're void of personalities, so they at least have their foot halfway in the door.

Single-handedly Reversed the Red Sox curse.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Booooooooooring Contestants Cygnus X1 02-03-05 1
   RE: Booooooooooring Contestants nazzWord 02-03-05 2
 RE: Booooooooooring Contestants seahorse 02-04-05 3
   RE: Booooooooooring Contestants volsfan 02-04-05 4
       RE: Booooooooooring Contestants bacon 02-04-05 5
           RE: Booooooooooring Contestants amazingracefreak 02-08-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
While I certainly don't miss Jerko and Victimia, I do agree that by and large, the teams that remain are pretty darn bland. I can see why some less seasoned viewers can't tell them apart. That translates to a lack of anticipation for the finale on my part, unlike last season. I am pulling for Kris and Jon, but the excitement just isn't there.

What scares me is that Bruck and Herman van Munster may decide the answer lies in more contestants from the actor/model continuum, more Rombers, and more Jerko/Victimias, rather than more folks with natural personality. Of course, I've contended if they had to do it all over again, Kris and Jon would never have made the final cut.

nazzWord 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-03-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazzWord Click to send private message to nazzWord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
I don't miss J&V either. But the fact that only couples who are left instead of maybe girls team or guys team made it a little boring. The issue is the same. I think that Kris and Jon is far more better looking that the models..

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
Well I agree with you on three teams, but not on Adam/Rebecca. They are interesting in a strange kind of way. They make good tv.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
I think Hayden/Aaron and Mary Adam/Rebecca are very interesting couples. Hayden reminds me a light Flo and Aaron is more forceful than Zach. Also, Mary Adam is the wuss and Rebecca is dragging his butt across the world.

The other two teams are interchangeable.

However, I would be interested in finding out what Bacon would have to say if Jonathon/Victoria, Lori/Bolo and/or Gus/Hera were in the final four. Bacon would you be saying they deserve to be there? I bet most peeps would be very upset if Jonathon were still in the race...JMHO.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-04-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
I'm not saying anything about who deserves to be there and who doesn't. I'm just saying that it worked out to be the 4 most boring teams that it probably could have been. As far as Johnathan, I'm not saying that I want him in the final four, but you can't say that he didn't have personality. It might have been an extremely irritating, I wanna punch you in the mouth, kind of personality, but it was a personality nontheless.
What we are left with is anti-personality. I'm rooting for Kris and Jon, but that's only because they haven't given me a reason to hate them yet. The other three teams, on top of being boring, are annoying as well.

Single-handedly Reversed the Red Sox curse.

amazingracefreak 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-08-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amazingracefreak Click to send private message to amazingracefreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Booooooooooring Contestants"
Agreed. Pretty dull couples. I like watching the drama and you need a team to really hate. The models were annoying but not very entertaining.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •