The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S32|Ep 5| East Coast Spoiler Thread..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Jims03 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-16, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims03 Click to send private message to Jims03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-16 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

Nah, Anna was more in a bad position. I think it's easy to look at the situation from the meta view and figure out the one possible scenario with perfect information that could've gotten her out of that situation. But that's ultimately fan fiction. I think you're very strongly overestimating Anna's value from the point of view of the rest of them.

I have a strong suspicion that Aubry and Joe are going to regret this vote. That being said, being able to see that problem in advance is a hard narrative for Anna to spin. If they boot Peter, they basically risk letting the 3 Beauties re-form again. That tribe had never gone to Tribal Council, there isn't any evidence they've really splintered in a significant way. They would just have Tai's word for it. Letting Julia link up with Anna next week basically means the next vote is controlled by Scot and Tai, two wildcards they don't actually know anything about yet. Or, if the plan is to get Scot out next and use the Beauties, they're basically risking their entire game on Tai/Julia/Anna not being a thing. If they are, they have no leverage in the next vote. Without perfect information, the next vote is a gamble either way for them.

If Anna's going to convince Aubry and Joe, it is all about constructing a narrative. And the narrative that taking out one of their own, who is maybe with them, in order to let the 3 Beauties arrive... Is a tougher one to sell than locking down Scot and Peter, who have already made it clear how dangerous the Beauties are. Anna is the "easy" play, and that's always going to be attractive to people playing from the top. I personally think they made a mistake, but I can see how they would fall into that knowledge trap.

If the alliance were Aubry/Peter and you would be pitching this idea to Peter (or if Debbie were there), I think it's more doable. It's just a much much much harder sell to players like Aubry and Joe.

Trying to pitch a counter-alliance against the Aubry/Joe would also be hard because if they could do it this week with Anna, there's very little stopping them from doing it next week with Julia. Anna is an extra number no one really needs. Especially for Peter who is trying to maneuver himself into the middle of an alliance.

No, throwing Tai under the bus is the "Taking the Obvious Answer" label, not the "Playing too Hard" label. Any brain-dead contestant would be able to see a simple 3/2/1 split and see where the votes might go to. Running to the 3 is the obvious answer that takes no absolutely no thought.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S32|Ep 5| East Coast Spoiler Thread...   Flowerpower1     03-16-16       
   Ill be watchin'...   tribephyl     03-16-16     1  
   two minute warning   tribephyl     03-16-16     2  
   Part 1...   tribephyl     03-16-16     3  
   Part 2...   tribephyl     03-16-16     4  
   Part 3...   tribephyl     03-16-16     5  
   Part 4...   tribephyl     03-16-16     6  
   Part 5...   tribephyl     03-16-16     7  
     RE: Part 5...   Sheldor     03-16-16     8  
   Next time on...   tribephyl     03-16-16     9  
   Wow, incredibly bad luck!   Jims03     03-16-16     10  
     RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   michel2     03-16-16     11  
         RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   PepeLePew13     03-16-16     12  
         RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   Jims03     03-16-16     13  
             RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   SquidProQuo     03-16-16     14  
                 RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   michel2     03-17-16     16  
                     RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   SquidProQuo     03-17-16     20  
                         RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   kingfish     03-17-16     22  
                             RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   SquidProQuo     03-17-16     23  
                                 RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   Bebo     03-17-16     24  
                                     RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   kingfish     03-18-16     25  
             RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   michel2     03-17-16     15  
                 RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   Jims03     03-17-16     17  
                 RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   PepeLePew13     03-17-16     18  
                     RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   SquidProQuo     03-17-16     19  
                         RE: Wow, incredibly bad luck!   Sheldor     03-17-16     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •