The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survival of the fittest??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

cyzco21 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyzco21 Click to send private message to cyzco21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survival of the fittest??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Ok,I am new to this board and new to the show so I can only comment on what I've seen. The first episode I saw of this season was the one where the two girls spent like 8 days looking thru bails of hay for a clue. So my question is, do the producers have the final say on who gets to get on based on how they want to portray us as a society?? Heres what I'm getting at...I may have the first 3 mixed up so bear with me.
1.Avi and Joe - both 32, both male
2.Meredith and Maria - both 26, both female
3.Lena and Kristy - around the same age, one a striptease instructor, have had a fist fight in the past, both female
4.Don and Mary Jean - both over 60
5.Gus and Hera - young woman and her 50 year old father, the ONLY african - american team
6.Jonathan and Victoria - one wife beater and one not so bright wife
7.Lori and Bolo - two obviously not so smart people that lasted longer than I thought they would
*now how is it that the final 4 are all the prettiest, most stuck up, most "white" ones left on the show. I mean c'mon, FOUR models, two personal trainers and a gogo dancer and a business owner.*
This is not a "reality" show. They should put people up there that are clerks at walmart, consruction workers, janitors, and other honest, hard working blue collar professions. Oh, by the way, do Hispanics not make the cut on this show. I dont know about the previous seasons, i'm only basing my observations on this season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? Cleveland Guy 02-02-05 1
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? Smooth23 02-02-05 3
       Let not make assumptions IceCat 02-02-05 12
           RE: Let not make assumptions cyzco21 02-03-05 16
               RE: Let not make assumptions ohmyheck 02-03-05 17
               Let's not call anyone an 'arse' IceCat 02-03-05 20
                   RE: Let's not call anyone an 'arse' ohmyheck 02-04-05 22
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? nailbone 02-02-05 2
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? cyzco21 02-02-05 4
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? Tahj 02-02-05 5
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? Cleveland Guy 02-02-05 7
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? ohmyheck 02-02-05 14
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? nailbone 02-02-05 9
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? Earl Colby Pottinger 02-02-05 6
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? Cygnus X1 02-02-05 8
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? I_AM_HE 02-05-05 30
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? okaychatt 02-02-05 10
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? cyzco21 02-02-05 11
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? ohmyheck 02-02-05 13
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? RangeRover 02-02-05 15
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? okaychatt 02-05-05 24
           RE: Survival of the fittest?? ARnutz 02-06-05 33
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? kathliam 02-05-05 25
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? okaychatt 02-05-05 23
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? ohmyheck 02-05-05 26
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? TeamJoisey 02-03-05 18
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? coolflowerpowerman 02-03-05 19
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? PepeLePew13 02-04-05 21
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? MissMyth 02-05-05 27
           RE: Survival of the fittest?? Cygnus X1 02-07-05 34
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? 712 02-05-05 28
   RE: Survival of the fittest?? ohmyheck 02-05-05 29
       RE: Survival of the fittest?? 712 02-05-05 31
           RE: Survival of the fittest?? ohmyheck 02-06-05 32
 RE: Survival of the fittest?? iwannabearealitystar 02-07-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
You obviously haven't seen any of the other seasons - have you?

There have been a fair share of models in each season, and sometimes they fear better than others.

A black Male/Female couple won it last season - and they were in their 40s.

In season 1 a black/hispanic couple was team #2 in the race.

A lot of people have come from a lot of professions in the races as well:

- Teachers
- Retired
- Self Employed
- Restaurant Workers
- Average "Moms"
- NFL Wifes
- Students

I'm not sure the point of your post, other than you dislike the teams that are left.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I think the point is that they are an old black person that thinks its somehow rigged because theres nothing but young white people left.
As mark burnett said before, he is not from the US so he doesn't have the intense need that some morons do to be politically correct in their casting of minorities. He casts who he likes.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Let not make assumptions"
... about the intentions, race, or age of other posters.

It could lead to misunderstandings.

02-03-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyzco21 Click to send private message to cyzco21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Let not make assumptions"
Yeah...its funny how they took a stab and disappeared and still havent come back to at least apologize for being an arse!!

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-03-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Let not make assumptions"
You don't actually think we would apologize when we did nothing wrong, did you? And Please tell me you weren't expecting, "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow".

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Let's not call anyone an 'arse'"
Our Guidelines are quite specific about making negative comments about other posters.

02-04-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Let's not call anyone an 'arse'"
Whoops... Sorry? I really need to go over those again.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Part of the problem in "clerks at walmart, consruction workers, janitors, and other honest, hard working blue collar professions" not being in a show like this is the amount of time away from home that's required. Most jobs like that are hourly wage, and if you're not there working, you're not getting paid.

That said, there were two construction workers in this last round of Survivor.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

02-02-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Ummm...yeah. Obviously some people dont know how to read a FULL post so I'll put these back up since they obviously didnt see these before they started flaming me.
CLEVELAND GUY:" You obviously haven't seen any of the other seasons - have you?"
I'm not sure the point of your post, other than you dislike the teams that are left.

"Ok,I am new to this board and new to the show so I can only comment on what I've seen."
"I dont know about the previous seasons, i'm only basing my observations on this season."
You may now re-read my post and see that I was not trying to "make a point", I was asking a question. In case its too hard for you to scan through it again, I'll just put it here for you.....
"So my question is, do the producers have the final say on who gets to get on based on how they want to portray us as a society??"

Oh, and smooth23, just so you know, NO I am not an old black person. If you feel the need to know I am a 29 year old hispanic male who works in the videogame industry. These are simple questions people.
Thank you nailbone for at least reading my post in full and replying with a decent comment. I didnt think I was gonna have to put on a flame retardant suit to post this.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-02-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Welcome to the boards cyzco. Just to let you know, most people are much nicer here.

No, I don't think the producers do that. A couple of seasons ago, a gay male MARRIED couple won. I think the producers try to get a good mix of people and they'd like them to be entertaining and interesting, usually, since that helps the ratings. It just so happens that this season the final five were all youngish male/female couples.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I'm sorry if I came off as mean.

Yes the original person was asking a question, but maybe I read into his post too much, he made it seem like he was making accusations.

I think the fact that the 2 modeling couples, and the hottest girl (Kris) have made it this far is pure luck.

yes the producers do get to pick who they want in the race, but they have no clue as to who will do well, and who will do poorly.

The best team in any of the seasons - in many people's minds- was the Festers. 2 Regular guys - one fat, one bald having a good time racing around the world.

I think they had regular jobs, were regular people, and were just funny as all hell.

02-02-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I still maintain that Rob and Brennan were more than friends. WHATTA YOU MEAN THEY DATE WOMEN? THEY. DO. NOT.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I didnt think I was gonna have to put on a flame retardant suit to post this.

Oh, trust me, this wasn't even close to a flame. IF you see a guy named Shakes who has a spinning clown head for a sig, now THAT's a flame.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
While this may be the most popular TAR show ever done, it is far from the best!

I think you will find a lot of people are testy because they love the show and it's base format and it is only lately when the ratings have really climbed that we find the men in suits thinking that if the show is popular than they must become involved and are now trying to change that format to bring in still more people. To the average hollywood airhead showman it never crosses thier mind that people will want to watch regular people - to them people want 'STARS' or atleast 'T&A', the casting reflects that.

Notice however the show itself still filters you on your abilities. If just one good joe average couple were on the show they would whip everyone seen except for K&J. I don't think this state of affairs will last more than another season. Models and actors just don't have what it takes to move one country to another repeatly without an outside support team.

After the All-Stars version I expect they will move back t more regular people again.

I think it would be a good idea for you to ask around to see if anyone locally can show you a taping of earlier shows, I am sure you will find you will like other seasons better.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Welcome to the boards.

The best answer to your question comes from co-executive producer Bertram (Herman) van Munster himself. In short, he says a lot of the selection process has to do with the videotape that you submit.

To see all of his interview, go to the CBS site:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/
Under Video, click on Insider Player
and select Behind the Scenes. That's where van Munster's interviews are.

I wish Lena and Kristy, Gus and Hera, and Lori and Bolo were still around, but them's the breaks. Last season's conclusion was more exciting than this one. That being said, I'm also not for making these shows "look like America."

And I'm not pleased that we have the Reality Retreads, Rob and Amber, coming up in the next Race.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-05 AT 11:16 PM (EST)

>I wish Lena and Kristy, Gus
>and Hera, and Lori and
>Bolo were still around, but
>them's the breaks.

cool, my 3 favorite teams too!

> Last
>season's conclusion was more exciting
>than this one.

well, the final 4 teams were more exciting, but the conclusion/finale itself was uber-lame, IMO (but at least even C/C couldn't have been as bad as Chip/Reichen winning)

Oh, and to the original poster: The AI forum is thattaway

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-02-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Hi cyzco21.

Last season, two forty something bowling moms competed, and they were popular. They were regular folks and had one of the best supportive relationships I've seen in my two seasons of TAR.

I would expect some disagreement amongst the pairs, simply because they are so very tired and under a lot of physical and mental stress. Some of the teams, however, have never bothered to grow up and learn how to treat others with the respect they deserve.

I think the producers look for interesting, maybe even eccentric people to compete, but I do not think the final four are rigged.

Welcome to RTW.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

02-02-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

Thanks everyone. I have enjoyed the show, but I dont really have any interest in who wins now. I would have liked to have seen Lori and Bolo win, but it just wasnt in the cards. It would be nice to see Bolo put the stomp on Freddy and Jonathan though. I think Lori could take them too. As long as Freddy/Marge Schott, oops I mean Kendra, and Hayden/Aaron dont win, I'll be pleased.

02-02-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Mary Adam is NOT the prettiest. Under no circumstances. Rebecca should shave his head when he is sleeping. THAT would be funny!!!

RangeRover 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-02-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RangeRover Click to send private message to RangeRover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I have really struggled this season and frankly this is the first time they have really cast from the Hollywood pool of waiter/actress/model/wannabees in such numbers.

I assume its because of their access and ability to put together a better audition tape or in fact TAR was pressured by the network to "sex" it up a bit to increase ratings. Almost every woman wore tank tops and low cut shirts at all times.. including in predominately Muslim countries.

Previous seasons did a much better job of finding a cross section, however, TAR is not exempt from establishing archetypes and casting along those. Some examples include: Gay Couple, Religious pair, Internet daters, Sisters, Twins, Fractionalized Parent/Child, Fat White Dudes, Hot White Dudes, Bickering pair and Models.

This time they hedged their bets gave us mostly dysfunctional couples/models and one especially chariming abusive couple in Jonathan and Victoria.

I cannot wait for this season to end..a disappointment and frankly none of them are all that great. Kris and Jon are nice but so blah for me, I just cannot be as engaged and excited as I have been in the past.

And what is even more disappointing is that next series seems as equally horrible with the appearance of Rob and Amber from Survivor. After the debacle that was Alison and Donny of BB fame, Van Munster swore he would no longer do reality contestants.. but again being CBS and that they are also airing the wedding I see the evil hand of Les Moonves altering what up until this was an award winning series.

If its not broke, don't fix it. They actually broke it.

02-05-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
<appearance of Rob and Amber

As I've never met either, I'm looking forward to learning to intensely dislike them.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I am already learning to intensely dislike them! I can't stand the fact that people who have already won a million on a reality show are even allowed to be on another one!

I never watched Survivor and I don't even know them, but I am so ready to hate them just for being there!

IMO, the spot should've been left for some team who has never been on a reality show.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
And what is even more disappointing is that next series seems as equally horrible with the appearance of Rob and Amber from Survivor. After the debacle that was Alison and Donny of BB fame, Van Munster swore he would no longer do reality contestants..

While I didn't see Alison on BB, and first watched TAR while they were on, I got the impression their couple dynamic was WAY different than Romber. Didn't the producers almost expect A&D to be contentious? Romber are in lvoe.

but again being CBS and that they are also airing the wedding I see the evil hand of Les Moonves altering what up until this was an award winning series.

Is the televised wedding a lock? Will Julie Chen host the wedding shower? Those too are milking their 15 min. for all it's worth. We may need a new DAW reference just for them.

02-05-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
<Rebecca should shave his head when he is sleeping

And if she doesn't, I'd love to have the honors. I have to wonder what he thinks he looks like with those ridiculous pig tails atop his crown. Does he really expect others, let alone a girlfriend, to take him seriously?!

I'd just say he's seriously deluded if he think it makes him look either hip or macho.

02-05-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Does he really expect others, let alone a girlfriend, to take him seriously?!

You mean boyfriend?

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-03-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"

"Four models
two personal trainers
a gogo dancer
a business owner"

Which one is the gogo dancer?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Kris, god love her!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
More like "was" a go-go dancer, she's now a cocktail waitress and student at UCLA.

Scratch and sniff

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-05-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I have a question about something that has caught my attention in several of the posts I've read. Why does everyone spell the word "LVOE"?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Hi, MM, and welcome to the boards!

A lot of jokes are "inside" on here (if you don't believe me, check out the Off Topic forum and you'll see what I mean) and have just taken on a life of their own since the RTVW site started as SurvivorBlows.com a few years back.

One characteristic has been the adoption of misspellings and typos like "lvoe" for "love", "thresd" for "thread", and "carp" for "crap", among others. I can only suppose that those fat-finger-isms occurred and were allowed to stand.

As others have said, just read more than you post, and you'll be fine! Wade through the archives a bit if you like also.

I searched in vain for something resembling a FAQ on this topic...it'd be a worthy endeavor.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Oh, by the way, do Hispanics not make the cut on this show.

My favorite team of all time, Oswald and Danny, were not only Cuban, but also gay. And FABULOUS.

Only two interracial couples/teams thus far though, which is my biggest gripe about it all.

02-05-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Who besides Frank/Margarita?

My biggest gripe is that there are no Asian contestants.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
I didn't think to count Frangarita, actually.

But there was Michael and Kathy (Philippino), and Alison and Donny (Native American, or at least part, according to Alison on BB).

02-06-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
Ohhhh...

There still aren't enough asian contestants.

iwannabearealitystar 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-07-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iwannabearealitystar Click to send private message to iwannabearealitystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Survival of the fittest??"
It probably isn't as nefarious as we are led to believe. You have to apply to be on the show, so, as many of us on the boards love TAR--how many have actually tried to get on it? My DH has been saying he would love to go on the show with his brother (Cuban Americans BTW-and quite handsome and funny, ok I AM biased). But, when will the show tape? how much work would they miss? is it worth risking your job over? (although a lot of bosses etc. are understanding, esp. if it can benefit the company in some way). It can be a hardship for some people. It is a months long time commitment, plus travel, apprearances etc.

I looked at the application form for the show and you have to pass medical and psychological tests. You have to have a clean criminal record (no problem for us) and the psych test, I am sure they'd pass--but BIL has ashama (sp??) and that could keep them out. Plus, do you have a story? Something interesting to set you apart? I tried out for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire this summer and was one of 4 (out of 30) to pass the insanely easy test. I interviewed for a spot and I am just as attractive as most of the contestants (if thats what they base it on and I am not trying to be obnoxious either!) and clearly as intellegent, since I made it to the interview round, but I really don't have any inteesting fodder to share w/ Meredith. (You have a questionaire to fill out). At least nothing I would want to share with the TV viewers. So, thats a factor too.

Also consider "regular" people who might be chosen and back out for any number of reasons and are filled in with someone else (see Idol, American). What some people might not realize is that PA's are the ones who do the initial choosing and who the heck knows what floats their boat that day.

Reality shows are sort of like Sorority rush, if you don't come out, you won't get picked. If you don't meet the "criteria" , you won't get picked. You can't complain about the contestants if you don't make yourself a part of the process!

I think the reason there are so many models etc.. is because these are the bulk of the people who try out. Beacuse they want to be on TV to pad their resumees. Because they want to furthur their careers. Because they crave attention (hence DAW status on these boards!-haha) Because they work in a business that doesn't require you to show up from 9 to 5 every day. Because they have more to gain than lose. Because "Reality TV Star" is almost considered a legitimate career move.

I don't call myself a "wannabe" for nothing! (Haha)!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •