The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-26-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
If I were given the chance to change the way the Bachelor/ Bachelorette were done I would just change one thing. I would dramatically shorten the time between the taping of the episode and the airing of the episode. I would have the show taped in the manner that Big Brother is taped. For example the show that airs on any particular Wednesday would have been shot one maybe two weeks or at the most a month prior to the air date. I think the post Rose Ceremony interviews that are done on various shows such as GMA, The View, Regis/ Kelly etc. would be more interesting because it would have only happened a week ago and emotions would be more raw. Also, I think that the fact that the couple are kept apart so long really affects the lasting power of the relationship. I think that the couples would stand a shot of success if they were reunited only after a week or two or maybe a month of being apart instead of three/ four months. I hope someone at ABC reads this and takes my suggestion. Also, I think that it would be a new interesting twist to breathe some air into this show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Shereebie 05-26-04 1
   RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Poncho 05-26-04 2
       RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... KScott 05-26-04 3
           RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Shereebie 05-26-04 5
               RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Norcalfella 05-27-04 16
           RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Poncho 05-26-04 6
               RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... SilverStar 05-26-04 8
                   Jesse's bloopers Amily 05-27-04 9
                       RE: Jesse's bloopers Poncho 05-27-04 10
       RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Queene1979 05-26-04 4
 RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... mmm_link 05-26-04 7
   RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... BlondeBabyNurse 05-27-04 11
 Edit the show differently! djandy 05-27-04 12
 RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... ValleyGirl 05-27-04 13
   RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... fairyprincess 05-27-04 14
 RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... Gina99 05-27-04 15
 RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor... medleyrelay 05-28-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
I want to see the romance/love story.

With Meredith and Ian, we never knew that they had basically fallen for each other at first sight. We never knew about the tender moments Jesse and Jessica supposedly shared. We never know ANYTHING about the true relationships because the producers seem to think that by hiding it from us, they'll get a better response from the viewers. Well, bull crap. We want to see how the Bachelor/Bachelorette comes to choose the one they do at the end! That's what irritates me the most - we don't see the actual relationship develop. Ever. And it sucks.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
AMEN to both of you, I have had the same exact thoughts. I would also change it to where it did not start out with 25 people. That is really too many to get to know and that first RC is really just by luck. Some of them probably don't even get to say more than a couple of words to the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I also want to see more of the love story too Shereebie, instead of the BULL crap editing that ABC does. I also wish they would have a show after the last episode airs of the "behind" the scenes footage and bloopers.

PLEASE listen to us ABC or this show may not survive much longer! This season has really been a disappointment

Poncho

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-26-04, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
They showed bloopers with Andrew & Jen and also with Trista & Ryan. I think the Bachelor meets Big Brother would be good. I wouldn't care if it was shown 24/7 like they do BB but thinkgs happen quicker there. The 2 love birds wouldn't have to be kept apart that long.

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
And, of course, NO MORE TRISHES!

She was allowed to rule this season, and besides being good for discussion about how nuts she is around the watercooler, what was she really for, anyway? Drama? Isn't there enough of that already?!

Norcalfella 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-27-04, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Norcalfella Click to send private message to Norcalfella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
>And, of course, NO MORE TRISHES!
>
>
>She was allowed to rule this
>season, and besides being good
>for discussion about how nuts
>she is around the watercooler,
>what was she really for,
>anyway? Drama? Isn't there enough
>of that already?!
>
>

Without Trish this season, there would have been no show. Think about it... http://www.small.to/article.php/2004050620003660

I agree that a "real time" factor would improve the show and a shortened delay would aide in the couples staying together, thus keeping the viewers tuning in. We all remember how disillusioned we were when the Joe Millionaire couple turned out to be a fraud.

I would also recommend letting the bachelor choose his 25 women for starters, and giving him a LOT more time with them. Forget all of this "I never had time to get to know you" crap. Even if it is off camera, I think the bachlelor should get "alone time" and dates with more girls, more often. That (plus choosing his 25) would increase his chances of falling for the girl best suited for him dramatically.

05-26-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
>They showed bloopers with Andrew &
>Jen and also with Trista
>& Ryan.

Thats right Kscott, I remember seeing the one's with Andrew and Jen. That is where I thought man, Andrew is a really funny guy, and none of that came through on the show.

Poncho

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
I remember that too, and I agree with Poncho- Andrew was kinda boring on the actual show, but on the outtakes he seemed funny and sweet. I think they did this on the After the Final Rose show but I'm not sure. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised tonight and they will show some Jesse Palmer bloopers. He was extremely boring to me this season!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Jesse's bloopers"
Well, they did show his bloopers last night, but they didn't really make me laugh! They showed him constantly eating and talking with his mouth full - it was gross!!! And all of the ladies were rolling their eyes during the meals!! And he was constantly talking so fast that he tripped over his own words!! Talk about editing, they made him out to look so refined and I guess classy, but behind the scenes he was like an animal! Then he did that split personality bit with the ring - what a goof!

05-27-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Jesse's bloopers"
I saw the bloopers last night too, and I could not agree with you more Amily. He was not funny, and he had NO table manners whatsoever. Didn't his mama teach him not to talk with food in his mouth!! And that ring thing was strange. I think Tara should be happy with the final outcome, because she ended up better off than Jessica.

Poncho

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
I agree with you, I think that they could keep the original 25 people but divide it up into five five on one dates and have an impromptu rose ceremony during the date where he or she gets rid of one on the date. and then the remaining 20 do the whole meet and greet cocktail party thing so he or she at least gets SOME time with everyone. This would take a long time and may require a full three hours to air but I think it would make the show much better. I hope someone from ABC reads this and takes it to heart.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
I think there should be an equal number of bachelors and bachelorettes, say 8 and 8. Have them stranded on an island and every three days vote one off until they come down to one person. That person can then receive $1,000,000 and pick any single person (woman or man, whichever) in America that swoons over them until the next show comes along and they become a has been.

BlondeBabyNurse 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-27-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeBabyNurse Click to send private message to BlondeBabyNurse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
I would rather they not use anyone famous or with notority, like Andrew Firestone and Jesse Palmer.

Also, I'd rather they start out with a fresh face rather than picking one of the castoffs from a previous show.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-27-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Edit the show differently!"
Agree with most that they ought to show more of the romance and falling in love. Also, do not show the same clips 4 and 5 times (this season on the Bachelor..., coming up..., next..., later...). They have so many hours of tape, why do they show the same clips over and over and over? It's boring and turns people off.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
If it's to be called "Reality TV" then for Pete's sake give us what is real, not the edited stuff. Give us the romance, the love story, the poor table manners, the crying, the sobbing, the name-calling and not the sanitized/diluted crap we are fed on the tube! This season sucked, it was the worse one yet, and way, way too much "Trishhhhh", whatever you do ABC don't do that again, or else, for one I won't be watching!

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
>If it's to be called "Reality
>TV" then for Pete's sake
>give us what is real,
>not the edited stuff. Give
>us the romance, the love
>story, the poor table manners,
>the crying, the sobbing, the
>name-calling and not the sanitized/diluted
>crap we are fed on
>the tube! This season
>sucked, it was the worse
>one yet, and way, way
>too much "Trishhhhh", whatever you
>do ABC don't do that
>again, or else, for one
>I won't be watching!
>
>
>
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! to that!

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-04, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
Hmmmm...change the show, let's see. Get someone interesting. Seriously Jesse was so boring-did anyone feel that they got to know him on a level deeper than what he did for a living and his favorite hobby-making out with various women? Everything he said was so cliche in every interview.

More 'Trishes' but less time focusing on her in the end! Why was she questioning Tara about her last night with Jesse? It had nothing to do with her. But if Trish wasn't on the show it would have been a real snoozer.

I would shorten the final episode to an hour-so much of it is filler, reminders, etc.

Show more of the real stuff- conversations in the house without the bachelor around, etc.

medleyrelay 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-28-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail medleyrelay Click to send private message to medleyrelay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How I Would Change The Bachelor/ Bachelorette Show"
This is exactly what I would change also -- after observing the lack of success for these couples it appears that if ABC really wants to continue with this series they have to try to change the format. Shortening the time between the end and when the happy couple reunites I thin would be the best change possible. Relationships are hard enough when you are apart even if couples have known each other for a very long time -- then to be apart - for almost 2 mos. really not to much chance for success there. Also I think they should raise the age of the bach/lorettes - I don't think anyone should be under the age of at least 24 - some of the guys and some of the girls are just way to young to be doing this show - I even think Jesse was too young. And for sure the majority of the girls Jesse had to choose from were way to young!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •