The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kendra and the uncalled for racial remarks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dttmom 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dttmom Click to send private message to dttmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kendra and the uncalled for racial remarks"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

What is wrong with this season's contestants. Do we have to continue to put up with with the uncalled for racial remarks made frequently. Kendra's remark in December "and they keep breeding" along with last night reference to "Harlem". This season has the got to be the worse. At this point I don't care what idiot couple wins because none of them have any respect. An apology is due!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kendra and the uncalled for rac... nicalai 02-02-05 1
 Disagree. Estee 02-02-05 2
   RE: Disagree. dttmom 02-02-05 3
       RE: Disagree. nicalai 02-02-05 4
       RE: Disagree. Estee 02-02-05 5
       RE: Disagree. Bebo 02-02-05 6
           RE: Disagree. dttmom 02-02-05 7
 Kris said "Harlem" remark choochoo 02-02-05 8
   RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark nicalai 02-02-05 9
   RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark dttmom 02-02-05 10
       RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark ginger 02-02-05 11
           RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark Smooth23 02-02-05 12
               RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark dttmom 02-02-05 13
                   RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark KMan 02-02-05 14
                       RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark Misty Twist 02-02-05 15
                       RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark dttmom 02-02-05 16
                           RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark KMan 02-02-05 17
                               RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark Misty Twist 02-02-05 18
                                   Well said... IceCat 02-02-05 19
                               RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark kathliam 02-02-05 21
                   RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark ohmyheck 02-02-05 20
                       RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark KMan 02-02-05 22
                       RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark KMan 02-02-05 23
                       Talk about the show IceCat 02-02-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kendra and the uncalled for racial remarks"
i am just so sick of her. her comment last night about "ghetto streets" was just uncalled for. she is truly annoying me with her comments.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Disagree."
uncalled for racial remarks

By this point in the Race, I think F&K's camera crew was turning to Kendra every time they landed in a new country and saying 'Kendra, could we have a few more of those priceless racial remarks? It'll mean more camera time...'

02-02-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dttmom Click to send private message to dttmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disagree."
You can't be serious. I don't believe there is a single individual coaxing Kendra to make these stupid remarks. She seems quite capable of making them herself. I was so tempted to turn the channel last night. I may watch the finally but this could very well be the last Amazing Race for me. It's amazing that we tolerate this type of behaviour in 2005 and think it's okay.

02-02-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Disagree."
amen.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Disagree."
You can't be serious.

That would be the theory, yeah...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Disagree."
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

I think Estee was being sarcastic.

Tolerating? If the love list over on Fanatics is any indication, this behavior is not tolerated. Showing inappropriate behavior is not condoning. Condoning would be if there were a whole bunch of people responding to that behavior by saying, "You go girl, you are so on target!" Frankly, I think reminding people that certain behavior is inappropriate is an effective tool in reducing that behavior in the future. Sweeping it under the rug doesn't make it go away.

Like it or not, she isn't the first or the last American tourist to say things like this in a foreign country.

The fact is, these folks are under constant stress due to lack of sleep. And she's been physically ill during this race. Conditions like that make people a lot less likely to hold their tongue. Besides, she has a camera on her 24/7, and no one is perfect all the time.

Does it make me less likely to watch? No, because Kendra's just being Kendra. Does it make me cheer for her to win? No.

edited to clarify who was the sarcastic female

Beblo and Kimdra

02-02-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Disagree."
I consider her remarks to be a little more than an inappropriate remarks made in foreign countries. Kendra was not physically ill at any time these remarks were made. Just ignorant. Stress and lack of sleep will only bring out what you are truly feeling. I don't care if she is a racist and a bigot, I'm just sick of listening to her crude remarks. I'm not asking it to be swept under a rug or anywhere else for that matter but do we have to be subjected to it over and over.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-02-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Kris said "Harlem" remark"

Kendra's remark in December "and they keep breeding" along with last night reference to "Harlem".

Umm....hold on there...put your rage for Kendra on hold a minute. Kendra did NOT say the "racist" Harlem remark. (I checked the video tape)

Lovable Kris said the "racist" Harlem remark to Rebecca last night. But wait, Kris is the lovable one. How could she say such a evil thing? No, no, she must have been forced to say something against her will. No wait, maybe it's not a racist remark, if Kris said it. Yeah, that's right, not racist. Kris is still the lovable one. Kendra is still evil. yeah.

My remarks made with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

"Good-n-Plenty...Good-n-Plenty...Good-n-Plenty..."

02-02-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
i believe you are right. but kendra did say "ghetto streets"...

02-02-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Correct. Kris did make the "Harlem" remark and I'm not feeling any love for her either. In fact I'm not feeling any of them. A racist remark is a racist remark regardless who said it. They all seemed to find it a tad bit amusing. I'm would like to know how much time Rebecca has spent in Harlem. This race seems to lack people with compassion and respect which is something that should be taken with you wherever you go. The one couple who seemed to have grasp that, was the older married couple.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Which is why (as I posted on a rare "Fanatics" post) I applauded Kris, the anti-Kendra, for her "It's our fault; it's their country" comment last night.

Will puke if Kendra wins. Might be happier with Jonathan winning. At least he limited his abuse to immediate family.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Frankly I don't care if they make all the remarks they want. Seemed to me most of them were fairly accurate(I won't list which so I don't want people trying to tell me otherwise)
Its not like these racers are going up to people and calling them racist names or anything, they are mearly commenting to themselves and their teamates about it.

02-02-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Your comment alone said all it needed to say. It's okay to make racist remarks and racist thoughts when commenting to themselves or their teammates. Are you saying that they're to stupid to remember that they're on national tv. I don't care what remarks you feel are accurate (I'm sure according to you they all are) and with that position I prefer to see and let you live in your own ignorant world. Ignorance is Bliss.

I only commented on 2 remarks that were made but there have been several in different countries not only regarding people of darker races.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Why is it racist to say that they're in the Harlem part of Shanghai? I doubt there was actually one black person in that area so Kris wasn't referring to the population. She was referring to the fact that it was a sketchy area, which Harlem is. There was nothing wrong with her comment.

Misty Twist 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-02-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty%20Twist Click to send private message to Misty%20Twist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
I agree what was so bad about "harleem" or "ghetto streets"? They were in a rough part of Shanghai and were merely pointing that out. Would if of been better if they said something more along the lines of bad neighborhood, run down part of town, sketchy, shady, etc...
I also agree that while Kendra is ignorant and very capable of saying ingorant things on her own without being prompted the producers\camera crew are egging her on. A few episodes before when she sd "they choose to be poor" she was looking directly into the camera as if she was answering someones question. Now that doesn't make it right but don't be fooled by what producers of the show will do to make "good tv."
I think her past comments were way worse than last nights. I think we're all just so sick of hearing her talk we're overly critical of everything she says.
I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I was actually happy and felt a bit refreshed she liked Shanghai so much. When they stepped on the mat she sd it was beautiful.

That's just my 2 cents

02-02-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
We all know that there wasn't one "black person" there, neither were there any Africans or African Americans there. She didn't say West Virginia or Applachia either or on Capitol Hill for that matter. How much time have you spent in Harlem? All of Harlem is not a sketchy area and I have spent time in these places.

02-02-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 04:30 PM (EST)

I've spent much time in Harlem as well and I wouldn't walk around most parts of it on my own late at night. It's a valid generalization, same as when you say Las Vegas is in the desert. Not all of Las Vegas is considered desert, but I'm sure that people who live in Vegas aren't offended by it.
Right or wrong, Harlem is synonymous with a bad part of town. That's all Kris was doing.

Misty Twist 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-02-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty%20Twist Click to send private message to Misty%20Twist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
WHOA, sounds like this conversation is headed for the worst.

Let's just quite while we're ahead

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Well said..."
Let 's let this particular sub-topic end, shall we?

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
That is how I took Kris's remark. I think it's natural when in a strange city/country to relate the surroundings to something familiar. Kris's analogy that she was in the 'Harlem of Shanghai' (I'm paraphrasing) may not have been PC, but I don't find it offensive. She made a generalization.

If Kris had compared that section of Shanghai to another city (Detroit, Salt Lake City, Seattle, take your pick), there would have be the same complaints. The complaints would be valid ('don't judge our entire city on one bad section'). That is the crux of the complaints about Kris's comment.

I was greatly offended by Kendra's comments in Senegal and Ethiopia. I did find her comments a sign of ignorance. Has this woman ever been outside her home town? Maybe she only models for the local department store.

And we wonder why everyone else in the world sees us as "ugly Americans". The least of our offenses is that we expect every other country to communicate with us in our language and make no effort to reciprocate.

But that's another discussion.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-02-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
dttmom, because of your "holier than thou" attitude, I would like you to name 10 things about Utahns and I would definitely take offense to at least 2 of them. Next time you make a remark like this, and take offense to everything everyone else says, please look in the mirror first. This has been irking me.

02-02-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
Talk about generalizations, dttmon said she doesn't care who wins because NONE of them have any respect. Who is the none you are referring to? Is it everyone in the race because that's certainly not the case. As ohmyheck said, please look in the mirror first.

02-02-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Kris said "Harlem" remark"
dttmom said "At this point I don't care what idiot couple wins because none of them have any respect".

That's the ultimate generalization. Who is the "none" you are referring to? As ohmyheck said, please look in the mirror first before you start generalizing about all the contestants.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Talk about the show"
... and not about each other.

Locking this thread.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •