The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs. Bea..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Flowerpower1 4375 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-05-16, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-16 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

Michel: Reading your thoughts post episode is one of the highlights of my week! Seriously, I just love it, so thank you! I don't know if I see eye to eye with you this season, which makes it even more intriguing. I loved all your comments and observations. And, I loved all your video captures that underline events as well. Here are some of my thoughts:

The intro:

At the Brain tribe, Debbie’s odd-ball behavior marked her as an early pawn to use in the game.
Peter in confessional said: “That’s exactly what you want: A Brain that has no game.”

At the Beauty tribe, the women’s alliance was growing stronger...
Michelle’s episode 1 confessional: “The girls’ alliance felt really natural to me.”
...while Tai’s hunt for the idol was growing more desperate.
Tai’s confessional: “I couldn’t get the idol so I will have to get back another day.

At the last immunity challenge, the Brawn tribe lost again.
Facing Tribal Council, Alecia appeared the obvious vote but Jenny was having second thoughts.

At tribal council, Jenny revealed her indecision and it cost her, saving Alecia for the second Tribal Council in a row.

This was a perfect introduction.

Debbie, seen last episode as the oddball, was consistent with her own self perceptions, that she wanted to be non threatening and appear under the radar. Then we saw her use that perception to her advantage and take out the one that dismissed her the most and saw her as the "brain with no game".

We didn't necessarily see this week that the Beauty tribe women were getting stronger and stronger, but we've seen it all along. And, this statement introduced Anna's confessional, they were strong and they needed to pull in one guy. Caleb's confessional confirmed it.

Tai's hunt for the idol was getting more desperate and he needed to go back, and he did just that.

I agree, that the last statement noted that Alecia was saved, not that Alecia saved herself. This episode again would show Alecia UNABLE to save herself, when she really blew it and gave the clue to Cydney, who gave it to the guys.

This introduction layed out the entire episode in a nutshell, I thought. If I had to title this episode, I would call it, Emotions. It certainly was the theme that I picked up on.

Regarding the opening scenes at Brawn camp. I feel that Cydney and Scot are both there to enable Jason. Cydney enabling the guys, but mostly Jason, and Scot enabling Jason. Alecia comments that she is out for Scot. Cydney confirms this to Scot.

At camp Beauty: We had Tai going to find and get the idol. His recovery of it was long and arduous, but as everything in his life, he would never give up and he persevered. He was so grateful, kissing everything! And, he loved the twist! I couldn't help but notice the scars of his efforts down his whole back left leg...ouch!

We then went to Brain beach: We get the gist from both Peter and Liz on their assessments of themselves and the other couples in the game. When one says, "we are in control" and it's early in the game it SHOULD be a huge red flag. *Note to self!

Then we get Debbie's confessional about how clearly she sees them, and they have to get the four of them, before Peter and Liz can get to them. She has a plan, wants to split up Peter and Liz, incorporate counter intelligence and move with a purpose, JOE, and we need to do it now! I love her delivery, btw! First we heard Debbie talk the talk, then we see her walk the walk, and go to work. First she goes and talks to Joe, then Aubry, then Neal. She ends the scene with, You know the beautiful thing that I am doing, nobody really pays attention to me and that is precisely what I want to do. Fly under the radar, all the while I am sitting back gathering intel...because that’s how you play this game, baby!

She's nailed it! Her "odd ball" behavior really set her up nicely so that no one really pays attention to her. Seems to me she is the one that is playing with a purpose! Well done, Debbie!

Then we cut to the Beauty tribe. Over at Beauty, we see that they make the decision to kill the chicken. Caleb is sensitive to the emotions of Tai, as are all the women, yet Nick is not, really. He tells us: Tai is too in his own mind, where he’s got these feelings and emotions that he has to get out and that is not the way to play this game...my friends would compare me to a robot or, yeah, just like cold blooded, but you don’t need emotions out here, you just need to seem like you have emotions. Nick acknowledges that Tai is emotional but he doesn't really relate to it and he comments Animals eat animals. He's not sympathetic.

Then, his confessional is immediately followed by Anna's, noting that she doesn't trust Nick because he's difficult to talk to and he has a fake smile...Nick was shown as the only one not sensitive to Tai's emotions. Which leads Anna to seek out Caleb to sway to come with them. (I totally agree with your assessments on her approach, btw! ) But, it did strike a chord with Caleb. Caleb confirmed their tightness when he acknowledged it in his confessional. Confirmation that he knows that they are tight! And, we have seen them develop their close knit alliance through the first 2 episodes as well.

So Nick, while able to acknowledge emotions seemed to minimize them and is not sensitive to them. He thinks that showing emotion is NOT the way to play this game.

We then go to the Brawn tribe and they have their hunt for the idol. Alecia notes that she needs the idol, it will give her power in the game. Then we have Jason's confessional: I found it pretty quickly, I find the clue, I find the idol box, it’s locked so the little clue has a map, I had to move, I just took off like a bat outta he11, and you are either gonna keep up of get left behind. Then we see Alecia left behind with her hands on her hips...looking confused. Jason talked the talk and walked the walk, shown doing what he needed to do, and winning the idol. In contrast, Alecia found the idol, and she's just left behind, hands on her hips, looking dazed and confused. Clearly, she's going to be left behind, imo.

Then, I loved Jason noting how great it is that he had an NBA Center on his team! Scot has the last confessional about that it's "in the right hands, and I think Jason will take care of me". Yup, I agree, these two could get split and then he'll be standing there with his hands on his hips just like Alecia.

After the challenge, Peter got the confessional setting himself up by telling us that he's happy, they have a hit list and Neal is at the top. Debbie's confessional: So, Liz approached me. She wants Joe and I to vote out Neal. Follow orders like a good soldier. When she said this I had to think of Joe. Not a word from him this episode, he WAS following orders like a good soldier!

Neal once again sounded like Daddy. HIs first reference to family positions was in the first episode when he noted the "children's" alliance vs. the geriatrics. Now, he has a confessional about the children were bad so now they need to be punished. Hmmm? I don't know?

But, then Peter has a confessional about how good looking they are with their smiles, and that they are molding the others like clay, and they need to be told what to do and who to vote for. Clearly demonstrating what Debbie sees, egotistical and narcissistic! Debbie also is maternal, by always referencing the tribe as "kids". It's going to be a blindside so when we get back it's going to be ugly, KIDS!

Interesting family dynamics for sure!

Aubry had a great confessional, imo. Peter is very controlling. I just can’t trust some one that is revealing themselves every day to me, by opening their mouth. He does’t have emotional intelligence and I don’t know if that is someone that I can move forward with. Now Aubry is the astute one, mo. Especially since we've just heard over on the Beauty tribe that it's Nick that is not sensitive to the emotions of Tai, which leads Anna not to trust him. Hmmm?

Then at TC, I think that it's Aubry that brings up the importance of non-verbal communication, or the importance of the silence, what you are not telling me. Debbie had commented, Emotion is just a waste of time and energy. Peter noted, As an ER doctor, social interactions is what I am a professional in. Clearly, Peter's perception of himself is far from what others perceive. This was spelled out to us by the outcome of this TC. And, if he is as smart as he says he is, he better learn quickly that it's his weakness and NOT his strength. Re-assess and CHANGE the plan.

So, we were shown Nick to be less sensitive to emotions and that they are not the way to play this game. Debbie confirmed that she feels the same way, "Emotion is just a waste of time and energy". Peter thought he was a professional at reading social interactions and was clearly shown not to be. Aubry said that Peter didn't have the "emotional intelligence" that he needed.

Jiffy summed up the entire episode with his parting words of advice: Survivor is all about emotional intelligence, your ability to pick up on emotional cues, that is what gets you to the end.

So...Peter, Debbie, Nick = not winning
Anna, Aubry, Caleb, Julia, Michele, Tai = possible contenders?

Regarding the Brawns: I get that Cydney is empowering the guys, especially Jason, and Scot is empowering Jason as well. But, I see Jason as somewhat of a taker, and that seems like Russell. If you take, take, take, people won't vote for you at the end. We'll see...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs. Bea...   michel2     02-09-16       
   RE: Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs....   Flowerpower1     02-15-16     1  
     RE: Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs....   michel2     02-15-16     2  
         RE: Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs....   Flowerpower1     02-16-16     3  
             RE: Season 32: Brains vs. Brawn vs....   michel2     02-16-16     4  
   Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   michel2     02-20-16     5  
     RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   Flowerpower1     02-22-16     6  
         RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   michel2     02-22-16     7  
             RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   Flowerpower1     02-23-16     8  
                 RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   michel2     02-23-16     9  
                     Neal on my radar   Flowerpower1     02-23-16     10  
                         RE: Neal on my radar   michel2     02-24-16     11  
     RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   PepeLePew13     02-24-16     12  
         RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   Flowerpower1     02-24-16     13  
         RE: Episode 1 - Walking the Walk   michel2     02-24-16     14  
             Hmmmmmm....?   Flowerpower1     02-24-16     15  
   Episode 2 - Changes   michel2     02-27-16     16  
     RE: Episode 2 - Changes   Jims03     02-28-16     17  
         RE: Episode 2 - Changes   michel2     02-28-16     18  
   Episode 3 - Emotional Intelligence:   michel2     03-05-16     19  
     RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   SquidProQuo     03-05-16     20  
         RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   michel2     03-05-16     21  
     RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   Flowerpower1     03-05-16     22  
         RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   SquidProQuo     03-05-16     23  
         RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   michel2     03-06-16     24  
             RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   Flowerpower1     03-06-16     25  
                 RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   michel2     03-06-16     26  
                     RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   Flowerpower1     03-06-16     27  
                         RE: Episode 3 - Emotional Intellige...   michel2     03-06-16     28  
                             EPJP   Flowerpower1     03-08-16     29  
                                 RE: EPJP   michel2     03-08-16     30  
   Episode 4 - Not Worth Playing For:   michel2     03-12-16     31  
   Episode 5 - Making your own Luck   michel2     03-19-16     33  
     RE: Episode 5 - Making your own Luc...   Jims03     03-21-16     34  
         RE: Episode 5 - Making your own Luc...   michel2     03-22-16     35  
     RE: Episode 5 - Making your own Luc...   Flowerpower1     03-22-16     36  
         RE: Episode 5 - Making your own Luc...   michel2     03-23-16     37  
   Ep. 6 Editing Comments   SquidProQuo     03-26-16     38  
     RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   Flowerpower1     03-26-16     39  
         RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   SquidProQuo     03-26-16     40  
             Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plate:   michel2     03-26-16     41  
                 RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   Jims03     03-26-16     42  
                     RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   michel2     03-26-16     47  
                 RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   Flowerpower1     03-26-16     43  
                     RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   Jims03     03-26-16     44  
                         RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   SquidProQuo     03-26-16     45  
                             RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   kingfish     03-26-16     46  
                                 RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   Flowerpower1     03-26-16     49  
                                     RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   kingfish     03-26-16     51  
                                         RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   SquidProQuo     03-26-16     52  
                     RE: Ep. 6 - Stepping Up to the Plat...   michel2     03-26-16     48  
     RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   michel2     03-26-16     50  
         RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   SquidProQuo     03-27-16     53  
             RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   michel2     03-27-16     54  
                 RE: Ep. 6 Editing Comments   SquidProQuo     03-30-16     55  
   Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   michel2     04-02-16     56  
     RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   Jims03     04-03-16     57  
         RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   michel2     04-03-16     58  
             RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   Jims03     04-03-16     59  
                 RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   michel2     04-04-16     60  
             RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   Sheldor     04-04-16     62  
                 RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   SquidProQuo     04-04-16     63  
     RE: Episode 7 - We Need Nick!   Flowerpower1     04-04-16     61  
   Episode 8 - There's Still Hope:   michel2     04-09-16     64  
     RE: Episode 8 - There's Still Hope:   Flowerpower1     04-10-16     65  
     RE: Episode 8 - There's Still Hope:   CTgirl     04-10-16     66  
         RE: Episode 8 - There's Still Hope:   michel2     04-10-16     67  
   Episode 9 - Sabotage:   michel2     04-16-16     68  
   Episode 10 - Incongruence:   michel2     04-23-16     69  
     RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   Jims03     04-23-16     70  
         RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   michel2     04-24-16     71  
     RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   Sheldor     04-24-16     72  
         RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   michel2     04-25-16     73  
             RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   Sheldor     04-25-16     74  
                 RE: Episode 10 - Incongruence:   michel2     04-25-16     75  
   Episode 11 - Making A Case   michel2     04-30-16     76  
   Episode 12 - Fractures:   michel2     05-08-16     77  
     RE: Episode 12 - Fractures:   kingfish     05-10-16     78  
         RE: Episode 12 - Fractures:   michel2     05-14-16     80  
   Episode 13 - Taking Control   michel2     05-14-16     79  
     RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   Sheldor     05-14-16     81  
         RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   michel2     05-14-16     82  
     RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   Jims03     05-17-16     83  
         RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   michel2     05-18-16     87  
     RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   Flowerpower1     05-18-16     84  
         RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   kingfish     05-18-16     85  
             RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   michel2     05-18-16     86  
         RE: Episode 13 - Taking Control   michel2     05-18-16     88  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •