The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S31 | Ep 10/11 | Vidcap Discussion ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-24-15, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Strange II"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-15 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Jason's cave, Shambo's tree and Tony's shack were all one person dwellings. The producers don't mind if someone wants to isolate himself since he can't talk to anyone. They don't want a group to be out of reach of their cameras. Gabon may have been an exception but the shelters have to give access to the camera crews.

But, I haven't argued that they don't have to give access to the camera crews, Michel. I have said, instead, that it is a fact that Survivor's film crews have at their disposal a vast array of recording devices that permit them to film anyone, anywhere and in any circumstance ... at will. Even under an overturned boat. Where you can do that with small, battery-powered, remotely-controlled devices affixed to the underside of that boat. Or with body-cams worn by the Survivors themselves. Or, I'm certain, via dozens of other ways that I've never heard of. And if they can manage to surreptitiously record Amanda's and Ozzy's fumblings, they can most certainly figure a way to film these players from the dry side of a canvas curtain affording them some small protection from 7.7 inches of driving rain (accompanied by wind gusts of up to 35 mph) over the course of one three-day filming cycle.

But, in saying all of that, I am presuming a lot. Because I don't know precisely what the Survivors had at hand and what they didn't. And I haven't suggested that they should have demanded anything more than the resources they had available. Part of the Game is - still - surviving. And if, knowing that they were in a tropical climate during the rainy season, they neglected their camp in favor of their intrigues, then that's on them. As it is, in my opinion, on them if they were denied the use of on-site mateials to protect themselves from the extreme weather in order for the camera crews to record them in a pitiable state because it's considered to be good television. And they acquiesced.

But, good television is, I admit, a matter of personal taste. For instance:

Obviously, there is much about Survivor that I enjoy. And the fact that it is a very physically demanding Game is one of those things. But, I don't enjoy watching privileged Americans play at extreme deprivation when there is so much of the real stuff playing havoc with lives all over our world.

As for mutinies:

Although I did say it obliquely - because to participate in Challenges, or to sit for the length of a Confessional or a Tribal Council, or to forego eating because my Tribe wasn't resourceful enough to protect a fire is one thing - I did, I thought, indicate that the hypothetical Georgianna would crawl out from under the boat to participate in camp chores, change places with her tribemates and show up, on time, for Challenges, Confessionals and Tribal Councils. She just wouldn't do it (unless it was her turn to give up the boat) to go sit in a posed lineup of seriously bedraggled human beings - in a wind-driven downpour - for hours on end because misery looks better in HD.

But, I have no doubt that you are right. That for all of that indignation, she would, in the end, disappear into that pool of forgotten Survivors with barely a ripple.

Of course, now all of this has become moot. Because we're about to see what Cambodia's players did with Jeff Probst's slick little proposal. And, if it were up to the hypothetical Georgianna, she would just say - Here you go, Joe! - and skip merrily off to the new digs. But I have a feeling that we'll hear some line-toeing speech (probably delivered by Tasha) that ends with - We're all here to win, Jeff - that will be followed by another investiture of Joe (anyway) and then they will all skip merrily off to sit in the rain some more.

However, I do have the tiniest bit of hope:

Because it just may be that the two minutes of air time between the Survivor's revelation of their votes and the shots of Joe, Spencer, Tasha and Jeremy on the beach that I noted up above really was just two minutes of air time (and not the product of a fast-forward button). And since we now know that the 17 ScreenCaps that were taken during that time frame were of something other than the standard Compete-or-Feast option, it is possible that the scant time is a reflection of a very short - and sparsely attended - Immunity Challenge.

And I really would like to see what a Survivor construction crew constructs when they construct a shelter.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S31 | Ep 10/11 | Vidcap Discussion ...   tribephyl     11-19-15       
   Post-Show Promo   tribephyl     11-19-15     1  
     RE: Post-Show Promo   Flowerpower1     11-19-15     2  
         Rocks   Dusty2004     11-19-15     3  
         RE: Post-Show Promo   Rembrandt     11-19-15     4  
         RE: Post-Show Promo   michel2     11-19-15     5  
             RE: Post-Show Promo   tribephyl     11-19-15     14  
             Not a Picnic Table...   tribephyl     11-24-15     51  
         RE: Post-Show Promo   Sheldor     11-21-15     28  
     The First Thing To Go Are The Illus...   Georganna     11-19-15     7  
         RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   michel2     11-19-15     8  
             RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   Georganna     11-19-15     11  
                 RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   PepeLePew13     11-19-15     12  
                     RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   Georganna     11-19-15     13  
                         RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   PepeLePew13     11-20-15     18  
                             RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   Georganna     11-20-15     21  
                                 RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   Flowerpower1     11-21-15     23  
                                     Illusions May Go First, But Delusio...   Georganna     11-21-15     24  
         RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   tribephyl     11-19-15     15  
             RE: The First Thing To Go Are The I...   Georganna     11-20-15     17  
     RE: Post-Show Promo   Georganna     11-19-15     10  
         RE: Post-Show Promo   tribephyl     11-20-15     16  
             RE: Post-Show Promo   Georganna     11-20-15     22  
     RE: Post-Show Promo   Sheldor     11-21-15     29  
     Strange ...   Georganna     11-22-15     30  
   Here is more Press Image Photos   Rembrandt     11-19-15     6  
     RE: Here is more Press Image Photos   michel2     11-19-15     9  
         RE: Here is more Press Image Photos   Outsider32     11-24-15     59  
     RE: Here is more Press Image Photos   CTgirl     11-20-15     19  
         RE: Here is more Press Image Photos   PepeLePew13     11-20-15     20  
   The Immunity Necklace   Flowerpower1     11-21-15     25  
     RE: The Immunity Necklace   Rembrandt     11-21-15     26  
         RE: The Immunity Necklace   Flowerpower1     11-21-15     27  
   Strange II   Georganna     11-22-15     31  
     RE: Strange II   Flowerpower1     11-22-15     32  
         RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-22-15     35  
             RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-23-15     38  
                 RE: Strange II   Flowerpower1     11-23-15     39  
                     RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-23-15     42  
     RE: Strange II   michel2     11-22-15     33  
         RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-22-15     34  
             RE: Strange II   michel2     11-22-15     36  
                 RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-23-15     37  
                     RE: Strange II   kingfish     11-23-15     40  
                         RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-23-15     41  
                     RE: Strange II   michel2     11-23-15     43  
                         RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-24-15     48  
                             RE: Strange II   michel2     11-24-15     52  
                                 RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-24-15     53  
                                     RE: Strange II   michel2     11-24-15     54  
                                         RE: Strange II   Georganna     11-24-15     56  
                                         RE: Strange II   CTgirl     11-24-15     57  
   New video   CTgirl     11-23-15     44  
     RE: New video   Rembrandt     11-23-15     45  
     RE: New video   michel2     11-23-15     46  
     RE: New video   Georganna     11-24-15     47  
     RE: New video   Flowerpower1     11-24-15     49  
         RE: New video   Georganna     11-24-15     50  
   S31 Ep 10/11 Promo Videos   Sheldor     11-24-15     55  
     RE: S31 Ep 10/11 Promo Videos   Georganna     11-24-15     58  
   RE: S31 | Ep 10/11 | Vidcap Discuss...   Sheldor     11-25-15     60  
     RE: S31 | Ep 10/11 | Vidcap Discuss...   Flowerpower1     11-25-15     61  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •