The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 4503 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-03-15, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
STATE OF
THE SPOILING
SURVIVOR 31: Second Chances

Welcome everyone to another edition of the State of the Spoiling. For those who were looking forward to reading Flowerpower or Tribephyl’s prose: tough. You’re getting me this week. Deal with it!

The title of episode 7 was brought to us by Georgiana here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8435.shtml

"Play to Lose"

After casting so many losers it’s about time they reward them. These players aren’t exactly setting the bar very high so we shouldn’t be surprised to learn that they are playing to lose. There’s much less stress this way and it will let them enjoy their time in the sun. This season, we’ve started with 20 losers and 19 of them will lose again. They should rename this season “Lose and Lose Again” which is much more accurate and democratic than “Second Chance”. That is a very elitist view of the world. Like Nietzsche, Survivor is always looking for a Superman but winds up more often than not with just another loser. Why not reward them from the start? Give them all a blue ribbon for participating. They’re only playing along with Probst’s script anyway.

So, we know that this episode will be the merger. This will finally reunite some players that had pre-existing connections, good or bad. It seems very likely that Abi will fight once more with RC and that Savage will do his best to keep Osten in the game. The bigger question is whether or not Wiglesworth will want to stay in an alliance with Hatch and Sue for much longer.
I was able to get a sneak peak at the start of the episode.

This is what we will see:

The episode opens with players discussing the last tribal council. According to Andrew, “Last night there was a conspiracy. Maybe I’m being paranoid and I didn’t want to believe it, but four people voted for Woo, I think.” Gee, the clue phone doesn’t have to ring too long for this rocket scientist, huh? Kelly concurs, because “there’s no good reason, other than strategy, to vote Woo off.” Yeah, and strategy would be so stupid with a million bucks at stake. Yeah, alphabetical order would have been a MUCH better idea. Someone else claims, however, that, “I don’t really know what happened last night.” Either the heat is making him stupider, or he is the Survivor version of Forrest Gump. While Kass expounds on Woo’s strength and likelihood of winning as a threat and the cause of his demise, Kelly (exhibiting rare lucidity suddenly) says that if people came to make friends, they should have gone to summer camp. The heat must be having the opposite effect on her, cause she’s finally got it.*

As per the instructions in the “tree-mail” the Bayon kids must construct a chicken coop in order to house the chickens they will hope to win in the reward challenge. Of course, the fact that we only see the Bayon Kids preparing the coop and talking about the chickens leads the astute MB observer to believe that there is a very very good chance that Bayon is gonna win this challenge…but I get ahead of myself a little bit, so let’s slow down the pace by checking in with our favorite whiny b*tch of the Bayon tribe, Stephen (anyone who thought I was gonna say Kimmi really hasn’t been watching this show since Episode #1) Stephen wants to win the chickens for one reason and one reason only…..”so Joe will quit fishing and walking around flexing his muscles and basically letting the whole tribe and 10 million Americans back home know that I really haven’t done a god damned thing since I got here compared to Joe.***

It's Day 19 at the Takeo tribe and, as usual, the waters are mighty rough. Skinny Spencer can't get into the water to fish. Andrew gripes about the fish. They just can't get any fish to eat. Skinny Spencer sees a stingray in the water and throws the spear at it. Misses. After doing a couple victory laps around Skinny Spencer and Andrew, the stingray disappears.

You'd think that schooner or later, these people would catch a fish. The worst thing is that Andrew has to be so crabby about it. I wish he would just clam up and stop floundering around. Instead, the two losers wave to the other losers, who are sitting under the shellter. Osten flexes his mussels, and reminds us just how weak he is. Then he gripes about weighing only 175 pounds.
(every person on a diet throws a brick through their TV screen)
Andrew says that he'd love to catch more fish, so they can have dances and parties. I'm sure you were quite the spectacle on the disco floor, Andrew. Stick with the Hokey Pokey. That's what it's all about.
Skiiny Spencer notes that Peih Gee and Shirin would perish if they were still around. Boy, good thing they voted them schmucks off. Heh heh...
Could this tribe be any more pathetic?**

In the immortal words of Homer T. Simpson, tonight’s episode is all about “getting your come-uppins”. And this point is not so subtly driven home in the “previously on survivor” montage by our new and improved, conflict enhancing host, Roger Lodge impersonator Jiffy Probe.

It’s tree mail time! Another stupid poem about yet another challenge that was already done….damn, this show is getting old quick... no... now we move into the merge and hopefully a departure from what has been a particularly boring and sluggish Act I of.................SURVIVOR

Keith (wow that feels weird to actually type) has this to say about strategy to the group, “That first vote we have to do something to get an advantage.” Gee really, how did he come up with that brilliant pearl of wisdom? You know, I liked it better when this guy wasn’t on the show, which in case you’re scoring at home was episodes #1 through five minutes ago. And then out of left field, the first chink in the Bayon Kids armor starts to show as the tribe started to talk about voting order for the upcoming tribal councils.***

What? You don’t think this is what will actually happen? I was so sure that my source was reliable. Please don’t ban me from SOTS duty. I beg you, give me a Second Chance. I promise, I’ll play nice and no more unreliable transcripts from SEEBS.

Sheldor has a better source than me because he posted a sneak peek or his own:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8437.shtml#52

Unfortunately, the video isn’t available to viewers in Canada so I can’t comment. I’m just guessing that the more it changes, the more it stays the same.

It seems that the real title is:

Play to Win.

(Much more boring if you ask me but I promised to be nice and play fair so don’t ask me)

CTGirl brings us this week’s brain teaser:

”Thirteen shocked castaways come together for the largest merge ever. Also, history repeats itself for two feuding castaways, and the season’s first individual immunity challenge is a classic game of balance

Keith wants everyone to know that he isn’t illiterate so he reads tree mail announcing the merge.

Note that Probst decided to skip the big announcement. (The star of the show had to make an extra appearance in the previous episode so he was due a day off. Some people really have it easy...)

We have Kelley, Kelly and Joe getting ready to parade down the runway wearing the tribe’s new color which is Orange for Hallowe’en.

They’ll all enjoy a feast

That’s when Georgianna noticed that there was something interesting on the ground behind Tasha. She drew our attention to it and Tasha must have heard her because we then see her looking in the direction that Georgianna indicated:

It’s only a f**** stick but Jiffy told us that some immunity idols won’t look like real idols this season. Kelley and Jeremy’s idols looked very ordinary so we should expect a stick with a little face on it to pop up sometime soon. It’s a good bet that Tasha will pick up that third idol. It’s only fair: She was supposed to get an idol when she was in Angkor but she forgot her lines.

CTGirl points out that the two feuding castaways have to be Kass and Spencer but this picture tells me it will be Kass and Tasha:

Savage will certainly give Tasha an earful about the last Council and she will not be happy to have lost her Asian puppet.

Jiffy tells us that we will see the return of Chaos Kass.

"They're unleashing the beast"

According to Spencer, it will result in two warring factions:

"I will take my right first and hit my left fist for effect!"

These factions will be led by “Kass the Beast” on one side and the “Savage Bull” on the other.

If you go here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8437.shtml#49

You will see that FlowerPower gives us her thoughts on how the factions should split:

"If Savage is one of leaders of one side, I would bet that Tasha, Jeremy, Kimmi, Kelly are solidly with him...

With Kass and Ciera: Should be Joe, Kelley, Keith, Stephen (Stephen does not like Savage)

Abi: She's neutral. But, right now she appears to be with Kass/Ciera, but could go with Tasha/Andrew.
Spencer: Played with Kass last episode, but if he is no longer on the bottom I think he will go with Jeremy
Joe, Keith, and Kelley: They all have an F5 with Kass/Ciera, BUT, they are also in good with Savage and Jeremy.

I bet that Ciera and Kass think they have the numbers with Joe, Keith, Kelley, Spencer, Stephen, and Abi. But, I bet when push comes to shove that Joe, Kelley, Abi, and Spencer will vote with Savage and Jeremy, leaving possibly the final factions as:

Ciera/Kass/Keith/Stephen vs. Savage/Jeremy/Tasha/Kimmi/Joe/Kelley/Spencer/Abi/Kelly "

She must be reading my mind. *cough* *cough*

Before we get to Tribal Council we will have some fun and games with balls:

You'ds think that "ball-wonder-Keith" would win this challenge but the guy must be slipping because SEEBS spoiled the results of this challenge. That's a good thing because we’ll be able to skip it, get some popcorn and fast forward to Tribal Council!

We know that Jeremy, Savage and Joe make it to the 3rd and final round.

As Tribe pointed out, they are holding to the bottom section of their stand which proves this is the 3rd round.
Could there me more than 3 finalists? Certainly but it really doesn’t matter because...

Joe wins Immunity!

Shows you how dumb production can be when they show us a picture of the guy wearing the necklace at TC. I remember they even did the same at FINAL FOUR in Guatemala!!!

(if this is taken from a future episode, we'll look follish but when has that stopped us)

Once they get back to camp, there will be a lot of scrambling going on. Jeremy is seen here trying to recruit Spencer by telling him that he already has five solid votes on his right hand:

While Kass is talking to Ciera...

...saying: “I can count five votes on my left hand but that isn’t enough.”

What will happen at TC? Well, Jiffy is doing his best to make us think it will be a great one

He’s saying: “This is too much even for me. I've got five people on my right battling out with five people on my left.”
but he's thinking: "Rating$, Rating$$"

We know it will be just a lot of arguing back and forth between Kass, Savage and Tasha.

Who gets voted out?

Well, Andrew looked just a little too happy when he heard the news about the merge:

"Hook 'em Horns!"

It could very well be him and it would be simply Karma. After all, Savage has been living with the idea that he was playing a great game in Pearl Islands and that he lost only because of the damned Outcast twist. Being booted right at the merge again (but in 13th place instead of 10th!) would be a great lesson in humility. Who agrees with me that Andrew could use a bit of humble pie?

That being said, I think the real Spoiler this week is our friend, Fishbach. He is probably the first player to spoil the show while still on it!

“It’s going to be Chaos. *hint*hint*wink*wink*” he says, adding:
"There are five people on Kass' side and 5 on Jeremy's.
I have the three remaining votes!!!"

I don’t think he could be any clearer. He knows that Kass is about to be voted out so he wanted to let us know without the SEEBS censors realizing what he was doing! Give Stephen this week’s “fishy” prize! Note that it would also be perfect Karma to see Chaos Kass make her exit at the merge when she made her first appearance during the Cagayan merge.

So in summary:

We will have the merge. (Now that is good sleuthing on my part, isn’t it?!) Jeff will call it “historic” as if it belongs in every Modern American History textbook. The term I’d use is “bloated”: "Much bigger than desired. Swollen or distended beyond normal size by fluid or gaseous material."
(Guess where the gas comes from...)

There won’t be a Reward Challenge but the players will get a nice feast. (Remember the days when players lost 30 or 40 pounds while they were out there? Now it seems they gain weight.)

Tasha listens to Georgianna and sits on the “Visible Immunity Idol” that’s just waiting there for her. (You can’t call that a “Hidden Immunity Idol”, can you?)

The IC is won by Joe

Chaos Kass is voted out just like Stephen told us.

Thank you very much and don’t forget to vote in CTGirl’s thread.

* Taken with some liberties from Island Heat’s summary from season 1
http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=30&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

**This from Jims02 season 7 summary with some name changes to fit the format of your screen.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2185&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

***Loosely based on summaries by Shakes the Clown during season 2
http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=262&forum=DCForumID1&archive=yes

All this to say that the more it changes, the more it stays the same...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling: Flowerpower1 11-03-15 1
 RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling: tribephyl 11-04-15 2
 RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling: Jims03 11-04-15 3
 RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling: Georganna 11-04-15 4
 Bravo! suzzee 11-04-15 5
 RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling: CTgirl 11-04-15 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower1 4330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-03-15, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
Seriously, Playing to lose!

Stephen did help us out, didn't he?!

"the more it changes, the more it stays the same..." or rather, the more they try to change, the more they stay the same! UGH!

Great job, michel and thanks so much for doing this! <3

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-15, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
Brilliance!
From it's word stealing beginning all the way through to it's 5 fingered ending, astoundingly enjoyable and point for point, completely on... well... point.
Congrats!
You now enter the pantheon.

Pant he on ofs ots sup erst ars

Jims03 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-15, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims03 Click to send private message to Jims03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-15 AT 01:08 AM (EST)

Great job, michel. Although I'm mostly blown away that you would go back and read my old Pearl Islands Outcast Twist summary.

(Can't believe I wrote that 12 years ago. I was only 18 and still in high school. Amazing how time flies.)

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-15, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-15 AT 05:54 AM (EST)

That’s when Georgianna noticed that there was something interesting on the ground behind Tasha. She drew our attention to it and Tasha must have heard her because we then see her looking in the direction that Georgianna indicated:

It’s only a f**** stick but Jiffy told us that some immunity idols won’t look like real idols this season ...

Tasha listens to Georgianna and sits on the “Visible Immunity Idol” that’s just waiting there for her ...

Well, I've done my best. The rest is up to the prissy Ms. Fox (with the dinner napkin betwen her thighs) ...

Thanks for the great SOTS,

G

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-15, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bravo!"

"Rating$, Rating$$"

“It’s going to be Chaos. *hint*hint*wink*wink*” He must have spelled chaos for them so it wouldn't be an obvious spoiler.

Well! Wasn't that fun! Nice job Michel

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-15, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S31|E7| State of the Spoling:"
Great SOTS Michel! So great that I think I'm going to call in sick next week for my SOTS! You're a hard act to follow.

Even though you didn't see the sneak peak, you hit the nale on the head. Tasha talks about reuniting the brains tribe. She's scared because they've had both good history and bad history together. Kass talks about how they need to stick together and find the person on the bottom. Andrew talks about wanting to make merge (foreshadowing that that's all he'll make?!) and wanting to get back with his Bayon brothers. I was watching Scorpion last night and saw a 10 second promo and the only voice was Stephen saying "It's going to be chaos!" More foreshadowing LOL?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •