The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Well known spoiler regarding one pl..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Georganna 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-15, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Double boot episode?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-15 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

Yes, it is fun ...

So,

First of all we have to consider that the looks on Bayon's faces have nothing at all to do with Terry's departure.

That said:

I am convinced that the pictures were taken on the same day. And that the one that includes the cameramen was taken after the one that includes the entire Tribe.

And, if we assume that the news of Terry's leaving is being delivered in that second picture, then we also have to assume that, given the gravity of his son's illness, Jeff would need to be very - personally - involved in the aftermath of the call from Terry's family. So, for many reasons, it would seem much more than a little crude if he and his production crew insisted on gathering up Bayon and conducting business as usual on the heels of such alarming - and very sad - news.

Much better to treat - both professionally and personally - the human story with dignity and restraint that evening and to arrange back-to-back Tribals in the following cycle. Either by requiring Bayon to sit out the upcoming IC and to be one of the two Tribes to go to Tribal during that cycle or by requiring the two losing Tribes to each boot a player following it.

Much better too, I think, to close an Episode with such a somber scenario - and the happy news of Terry's son's ongoing recovery - than to lead with it the following week.

As for hype:

Terry, the spoiling community's opinion of him notwithstanding, is a fan favorite. And I would suspect that a considerable number of viewers watching this Season are watching it because their favorite Survivor is finally playing the Game again. And I think that CBS would be foolish to so much as hint that he is no longer a part of Second Chances one moment before it is absolutely necessary to do so.

ETA: If they did opt to conduct a Tribal Council on the evening that Terry - and CBS - learned of his son's medical emergency, I don't think that it would be possible for them to hide the fact that Survivor's production team knew of it prior to Tribal Council ... unless they also kept the news from Bayon.

What would they say to that Tribe:

Now straighten up! Stop sniffling! Pretend nothing has happened! And vote someone out! ...?

G

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Well known spoiler regarding one pl...   Flowerpower1     10-03-15       
   RE: Well known spoiler regarding on...   Outsider32     10-03-15     1  
   RE: Well known spoiler regarding on...   tribephyl     10-04-15     2  
     RE: Well known spoiler regarding on...   Flowerpower1     10-04-15     3  
   RE: Well known spoiler regarding on...   Outsider32     10-09-15     4  
   Time line   Flowerpower1     10-11-15     5  
   Estimated time of departure   Flowerpower1     10-15-15     6  
     RE: Estimated time of departure   CTgirl     10-16-15     7  
         Double boot episode?   Flowerpower1     10-16-15     8  
             RE: Double boot episode?   CTgirl     10-16-15     9  
             RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-19-15     10  
                 RE: Double boot episode?   Flowerpower1     10-19-15     11  
                     RE: Double boot episode?   CTgirl     10-19-15     12  
                         RE: Double boot episode?   Flowerpower1     10-19-15     14  
                     RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-19-15     13  
                         RE: Double boot episode?   Flowerpower1     10-19-15     15  
                             RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-19-15     16  
                             RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-19-15     17  
                                 RE: Double boot episode?   Sheldor     10-19-15     18  
                                     RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-20-15     19  
                                     RE: Double boot episode?   Flowerpower1     10-20-15     20  
                                         RE: Double boot episode?   Georganna     10-20-15     21  
   Episode 6, Terry removal discussion   Flowerpower1     10-21-15     22  
     RE: Episode 6, Terry removal discus...   Sheldor     10-21-15     23  
         Case for the "others"   Flowerpower1     10-22-15     24  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •